Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Disco Pope posted:

Does Trump actually have any friends? I guess I don't think about who the friends are of politicians often, but its very hard to imagine him enjoying anyones company

Since Epstein is dead and Maxwell is in prison, I'm pretty sure his only remaining friends are Vince and Linda McMahon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Jimlit posted:

ruin his photo op with your butt hole

Ah, turn the tables on him. I like it

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol it's too bad Cannon is completely immune from consequences, if any of us did obstructionist this poo poo this openly at our jobs we'd be terminated on the spot

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

What time today is all hell breaking loose??? I may need to make some more coffee

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

kazil posted:

Lock him up!

"Better get used to those bars, kid."

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

FuturePastNow posted:

What time today is all hell breaking loose??? I may need to make some more coffee

Aww you missed it, it broke loose early this morning but was quickly contained and extinguished

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

MEIN RAVEN posted:

God loving damnit I hate Texas

You must be a DemocRAT

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MrQwerty posted:

Lol it's too bad Cannon is completely immune from consequences, if any of us did obstructionist this poo poo this openly at our jobs we'd be terminated on the spot

She can do this poo poo with impunity, but what none of these Republican fucks get is if the entire system is upended, if you throw all the cards up in the air, you have no idea how things land. Maybe they get their Republic of Gilead, or maybe they find out that their side has less people and their side is disproportionately over 55, and all of a sudden the Constitutional protections that kept them safe are thrown out the window and they’re getting tried and convicted for poo poo that isn’t a crime right now but will retroactively be later. That’s the thing about burning down all the institutions, you have no idea what will be left.

Now imagine doing all that for Donald Trump. :lol:

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

MEIN RAVEN posted:

God loving damnit I hate Texas

I'm voting Democrat as hard as I can! :texas:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

kw0134 posted:

Caroll goes to court and gets a writ of execution,

:allears:

quote:

directing the US Marshall to start shaking down known bank accounts, raiding the cash tills from businesses, etc. Liens can be filed on property interests which can subsequently be acted upon to seize and sell it. There are ways to compel payment.

:smith:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

That would affect Donald Trump infinitely more severely than finding out he was going to be executed

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

She can do this poo poo with impunity, but what none of these Republican fucks get is if the entire system is upended, if you throw all the cards up in the air, you have no idea how things land. Maybe they get their Republic of Gilead, or maybe they find out that their side has less people and their side is disproportionately over 55, and all of a sudden the Constitutional protections that kept them safe are thrown out the window and they’re getting tried and convicted for poo poo that isn’t a crime right now but will retroactively be later. That’s the thing about burning down all the institutions, you have no idea what will be left.

Now imagine doing all that for Donald Trump. :lol:

:shrug: There's an air of desperation to their last-stand attitude. As if boomers/chuds know that they're getting to the end of the line, and they'd rather burn the whole place down than let anyone else prosper. Climate change will probably make that a reality, but most boomers will be dead so :lol: they dgaf

MrQwerty posted:

That would affect Donald Trump infinitely more severely than finding out he was going to be executed

Pmurt is a consummate coward, there isn't a gram of martyrdom in his (6"3', 215lb) body. He'd do anything to get a stay.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

MrQwerty posted:

He'd talk poo poo the whole way up to the guillotine and his final sentence would mix up a proper noun and talk poo poo about a minority

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

FYI - all the reporting saying trump has $3.5bn in truth stock is horseshit. DWAC’s market cap is $1.5bn. They get the $3.5bn number by multiplying trump’s truth social shares by the current DWAC price as if they’re equivalent, but they aren’t. The merger will not suddenly generate $2bn in extra marketcap. That’s not how the math works.

That's Trump Math, from Trump University. Everything you own is worth at least 3 times what someone will pay for it. Unless you're talking to the tax man, then it's worth 1/3.
:sniff:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Vampire Panties posted:

Pmurt is a consummate coward, there isn't a gram of martyrdom in his (6"3', 215lb) body. He'd do anything to get a stay.

And he wouldn't feel a single ounce of the fear he would after the papers printed that he was poor

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Vampire Panties posted:

:shrug: There's an air of desperation to their last-stand attitude. As if boomers/chuds know that they're getting to the end of the line, and they'd rather burn the whole place down than let anyone else prosper. Climate change will probably make that a reality, but most boomers will be dead so :lol: they dgaf

A lot of this freak out is because White people (a completely artificial social construct btw) are projected to no longer be an outright majority by, like, 2050 or some poo poo; not a minority, still a plurality, still the biggest group of all the groups, but no longer 50%+.

For much of human history, there were no “White” people. There were various European ethnicities, but they sure as hell did not see themselves as one unified pan-European “White” identity. The idea of “White” people developed in opposition to the idea of “Black” people - people from Africa who had their ethnic and national identities stripped from them and recategorized as “Black.”

Well into the 20th century, many identities now considered White, weren’t. Irish weren’t White. Italians, Greeks, Slavs, Spaniards certainly didn’t count as “White.” It’s pretty much a post Civil Rights era thing to suddenly start counting all these identities as White. My Irish-American grandparents weren’t considered White and were discriminated from housing and employment back in the day. (Not at all saying they had it as bad as Black people, but they were discriminated against although to a lesser degree.)

That’s why it’s funny when poo poo happens like those Canadian chuds who emigrated to Russia. Ethnic Russians aren’t for “White” supremacy, they believe in ethnic “Russian Supremacy.” And when those chuds were sitting in the bank trying to communicate via a translation app, the banker was probably thinking, “Learn the fuckin’ language, idiots!”

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

jokes posted:

He'd talk poo poo the whole way up to the guillotine and his final sentence would mix up a proper noun and talk poo poo about a minority

False. Trump is a coward and would not be stoic at all; he’d blubber and cry and beg for his life… LIKE A DOG!

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Small Strange Bird posted:

"Better get used to those bars, kid."

You too, amigo

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Yeah people like Musk or Trump would curl up into a ball and whimper if they ever got punched. Only cowards surround themselves with security when it isn't needed.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yeah, but it’s bullshit.

Cannon’s just putting it on the calendar to block Chutkin, and then she’ll delay it at the last minute.

We are not a united country and this kind of poo poo is going to escalate into an accidental civil war. :lol:

And then when it’s over, everyone will look back and be like, “Why did America have a second Civil War?” And the answer will be, “it was fought over whether or not Donald Trump is allowed to commit crimes.” :lmao:

I wish I could freeze myself and read the history books about the former USA 200 years from now.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

america has been on a course for civil war for decades

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MrQwerty posted:

donald trump being poor is the only thing that could make me happier than donald trump being dead.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

GolfHole posted:

Not really. Reagan may have sucked, but he got 58.8% of the popular vote. He had the overwhelming support of the American voters.

It really starts with the 2000 election and the way it was decided, and everything going on now is a consequence of that and W’s SCOTUS picks.

Oh man, does 2000 count as “decades ago,” now? :corsair:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Not really. Reagan may have sucked, but he got 58.8% of the popular vote. He had the overwhelming support of the American voters.

It really starts with the 2000 election and the way it was decided, and everything going on now is a consequence of that and W’s SCOTUS picks.

Oh man, does 2000 count as “decades ago,” now? :corsair:

Lol that was a quarter-century ago unless you're the ultimate pedant :sigh:

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

i figured they meant Andrew Johnson not Reagan

that'd be multiple several decades but still

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

GolfHole posted:

Every serious book, podcast, interview, etc I’ve read about the Civil War has stated “we should have hung the traitors and evicted them from their lands, but instead we let them build statues, sing praises, and now it’s hosed everything up for forever.”

Behind the Bastards just did a great one on Robert E. Lee, who guess what, was not a great person, or a great general! They wanted to get their Arlington property back (even though Lee barely lived there) and wanted to dig up all the dead Union soldiers buried there or at least put a wall up around them so they wouldn’t be seen from the house. Obviously they never got the property back, which caused great stress to Lee and his wife, and I’m glad it did.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
White Boomers loving loved Reagan

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Hollismason posted:

of course they did, reaganomics created their favorite deity, supply-side jesus

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Radio Paranoia posted:

My sister is road tripping through Texas at the moment and spotted this the other day:

I guess orange alerts are too close to amber.

Isn't asking a patient "who is the current president?" A standard question during a psych eval?

"WELL IF YOU BELIEVE THE DEEP STATE THEY WILL SAY BIDEN BUT LET ME TELL YOU WHATS REALLY GOING ON"

:: gets thrown in padded cell ::

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

kazil posted:

Lock him up!

The very unmonitored and wide open border

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Hollismason posted:

lovely guy, but a loooot of good hardcore records.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

What time is the Cannon hearing

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Disco Pope posted:

lovely guy, but a loooot of good hardcore records.

I wish trump inspired the same

Burns
May 10, 2008

Lol Trump is going to win and I am going to laugh laugh laugh as the Dems eat all the poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Burns posted:

Lol Trump is going to win and I am going to laugh laugh laugh as the Dems eat all the poo poo.

You forgot the toxx smilie.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

No doom

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

MrQwerty posted:

Surefire guaranteed election predictions in februarymarch should be an auto-toxx

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

:lmao:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Pmurt has the same chances of winning as the Yellowstone caldera exploding - its not very likely, but the odds are also not zero, and its so unimaginably horrifying that you have to consider it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Burns posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The sad fact is that he might win, which is loving pathetic.

If he wins and is elected President after doing J6, that pretty much legitimizes organized political violence.