Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Clearly now is the time for the Suzanne Moore political campaign that the public have been crying out for.

(Beloved 1995 hip-hop anthem I got 5 On It features singer Michael Marshall on the chorus, as well as a memorable sample taken from 1987's "Why You Treat Me So Bad", which had in turn stolen its tune from a 1986 song, "Thinking About You", written Michael Marshall. It was a complete coincidence that Marshall ended up singing over his own music a decade later.)

grobbo fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Wonder if Mason is second guessing running against Corbs now.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Tesseraction posted:

Wonder if Mason's handler is second guessing running against Corbs now.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

this means that rochdale will be a very funny place to watch during the GE, if nothing else.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

forkboy84 posted:

It's a dead giveaway someone is Canadian
i was very tickled on finding out that a canadian alternative term for 'shadow minister' is 'critic'

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Lord of the Llamas posted:

"a riding"?! What was it like in the 19th century where you come from?

lol yeah tbh canada uses so many weird britishisms from my pov that it didn't even occur to me it wouldn't still be used haha

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Apraxin posted:

i was very tickled on finding out that a canadian alternative term for 'shadow minister' is 'critic'

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

The 19th century, or east Yorkshire

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

grobbo posted:

Clearly now is the time for the Suzanne Moore political campaign that the public have been crying out for

Well as a permanently sloshed TERF she'd fit right in in the Commons

(I don't actually know if she's permanently sloshed, I just get those vibes from her)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mrpwase posted:

Quiz category: "places that still use thee/thou"

We would have also accepted Quakers or the state of Utah.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tesseraction posted:

Wonder if Mason is second guessing running against Corbs now.

I hope he doesn’t. Him pulling sad faces next to the Monster Raving Loony candidate on election night when Crobbo crushes him will be one of the highlights.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Guavanaut posted:

Quiz category: "places that still use thee/thou"

We would have also accepted Quakers or the state of Utah.

i suppose the american thirst for the KJV doesn't count does it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
e: ^^ Thou shalt not fedele kides *southern baptist convention implodes*

smellmycheese posted:

I hope he doesn’t. Him pulling sad faces next to the Monster Raving Loony candidate on election night when Crobbo crushes him will be one of the highlights.
Definitely hope to see him standing deflated next to a novelty candidate with a bin on their head or dressed a bit like

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 1, 2024

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

mrpwase posted:

As someone born in the West Riding (Leeds) and lots of family from Huddersfield this is a scandalous denial of the other two thirds of Yorkshire.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

For Paul Waugh Crying Enjoyers

https://x.com/theipaper/status/1763595057704378460?s=46

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

C' moon Guav I know it's only day 1 of the oompa loompa title but Paul Waaaaaahhhhh is right there

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Our PM is giving a speech outside Downing Street at 5:30. People seem to expect he's going to cry about the big mean public bullying our smol bean MPs & now he's going to have to bring in some draconian New Labour-esque anti-protest laws.

Well, he's certainly not calling a general election.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
He's going to :qq: about botes again

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

forkboy84 posted:

Our PM is giving a speech outside Downing Street at 5:30. People seem to expect he's going to cry about the big mean public bullying our smol bean MPs & now he's going to have to bring in some draconian New Labour-esque anti-protest laws.

Well, he's certainly not calling a general election.

hearing reports he's going to appoint galloway as his deputy PM as a show of unity.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Sad Panda posted:

As someone born in the West Riding (Leeds) and lots of family from Huddersfield this is a scandalous denial of the other two thirds of Yorkshire.

West Yorkshire too
Maybe even North Yorkshire

There is no South Yorkshire

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

He's complaining about people protesting, while someone is shouting in the distance.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

It's just not on in an ostensibly democratic, free and open society, for people to express discontent with or at their representatives.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

The guy yelling sounds way too much like John Cleese as Mr Gumby.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

this is one of the weakest pm speeches ever lol, he's not going to make it to the general

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Wtf is all this waffle leading to

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

He's now implying that the message "From the Rivers to the Sea" being beamed on Parliament was a call for violent jihad.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's unfair to be easily heard in front of our micro minister.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

ItohRespectArmy posted:

this is one of the weakest pm speeches ever lol, he's not going to make it to the general

I'm not sure he's going to make it to the end of his speech

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

yeah your family and you owe it so much tax

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

The birdsong is nice

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

That was a weak wet fart

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Skarsnik posted:

Wtf is all this waffle leading to

"Stop being mad at us or we'll beat the poo poo out of you"

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

fuctifino posted:

That was a weak wet fart

Why do they always walk off as if they've just had a literal wet fart

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Should ban the PM from speaking outside No10 unless it's a resignation, calling an election or something of that magnitude. Just gets your hopes up only for them to dribble out the wettest of farts

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

"Have your protests, but do it quietly and peacefully, and please don't offend the genocide-loving Israelis nor impede or shine a light on our involvement in this ongoing slaughter. I've told the police to abuse their powers to the fullest to make sure that any dissent will be stamped out with literal boots."

e: I tried to find out who was shouting in the background, but twitter is just throwing up memes at the moment
https://twitter.com/ciaranthomas_/status/1763622704769274089

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 1, 2024

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

lol that Sunak’s wet fart drivel about banning people making legitimate protest only made it to third item on the bbc 6news. Item 1 was the BBC celebrating and praising the fact that people in Russia were, erm, legitimately protesting against an authoritarian government

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Why the gently caress did he make that speech on a Friday evening? Announcing nothing (the protest stuff was talked about earlier this week)?

Just another weird thing from our tiny PM

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

EvilHawk posted:

Why the gently caress did he make that speech on a Friday evening? Announcing nothing (the protest stuff was talked about earlier this week)?

It's a dying government that's given up trying to achieve anything.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Desperate attempt to make anything other than 'Tories and Labour implode in Rochdale' the front page of tomorrow's papers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

EvilHawk posted:

he's terrified of how overshadowed he is.