Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Also I saw the turkey swiss sando in the food court, but I didn't bother getting it. I do like sun dried tomato, but the hot dog and pizza slice is right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Most Blue Diamond flavors are good but the Elote (which is one of my favorite flavor profiles) are so incredibly bland and suck hard, avoid at all costs.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Also I saw the turkey swiss sando in the food court, but I didn't bother getting it. I do like sun dried tomato, but the hot dog and pizza slice is right there

I just tried the turkey sandwich today.

- people 10 orders later than me were getting their food first because a sandwich artist was toiling away in the back, ok fine

- it wasn't that big of a sandwich. Much easier to finish than that standalone cookie was

- might be the messiest thing on the menu, mayo and sun-dried tomato sauce are running off the sides and turning into a greasy mess. There was no clean way to hold it

- glad I asked for a water cup because it still somehow tasted dry

- the swiss was totally flavorless. I ate a piece on its own to make sure. If you hate swiss, don't let that stop you I guess. Jarlsberg it ain't.

Not getting another of those for 7 bucks. If they could put a bit of char on the chicken caesar salad, I'd stick with that for my "healthy" option, but it's gross the way the chicken looks boiled.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I went to costco today to redeem my citi rewards but didn't think to bring my phone and I guess they can't look it up. Gotta go back now....

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

The Midniter posted:

Most Blue Diamond flavors are good but the Elote (which is one of my favorite flavor profiles) are so incredibly bland and suck hard, avoid at all costs.

God they are so bad!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

- people 10 orders later than me were getting their food first because a sandwich artist was toiling away in the back, ok fine

- it wasn't that big of a sandwich. Much easier to finish than that standalone cookie was

- might be the messiest thing on the menu, mayo and sun-dried tomato sauce are running off the sides and turning into a greasy mess. There was no clean way to hold it

- the swiss was totally flavorless. I ate a piece on its own to make sure. If you hate swiss, don't let that stop you I guess. Jarlsberg it ain't.

Not getting another of those for 7 bucks. If they could put a bit of char on the chicken caesar salad, I'd stick with that for my "healthy" option, but it's gross the way the chicken looks boiled.

Thank you for your sacrifice and confirmation of what I thought.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Zero VGS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx8FXZI1bVY

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

pencilhands posted:

I went to costco today to redeem my citi rewards but didn't think to bring my phone and I guess they can't look it up. Gotta go back now....

keep us updated

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Costco here in Canada used to have a baked turkey and provolone sandwich with pesto. Really wish we still had that and the smoked meat sandwich...

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Chinatown posted:

bring back teh turkey pesto sandwich u absolute fuckin COWARDS

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Chinatown posted:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

keep us updated

will do

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Aww, my Costco no longer carries the Jimmybars. Hell of a good deal at 14 bucks a box too.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I just discovered what my issue with the food court pizza is. It's the sauce. A coworker got a pepperoni pizza with no sauce and let me have a couple slices. It was incredible, total game changer. And I do like the sauce, but the pizza is just better without it. I'm not sure if the cheese pizza would be better that way with how much more cheese goes on it, but no sauce is definitely the way to go with a pepperoni pizza.

Only problem is that you can't just get a slice that way. You have to get a whole pizza, but I'm personally okay with doing that once every few months or so.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

can't really deny that cheesy bread is good I suppose

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jingleheimer posted:

I just discovered what my issue with the food court pizza is. It's the sauce. A coworker got a pepperoni pizza with no sauce and let me have a couple slices. It was incredible, total game changer. And I do like the sauce, but the pizza is just better without it. I'm not sure if the cheese pizza would be better that way with how much more cheese goes on it, but no sauce is definitely the way to go with a pepperoni pizza.

Only problem is that you can't just get a slice that way. You have to get a whole pizza, but I'm personally okay with doing that once every few months or so.

I might have to try this.

I’m still not a fan of the thicker dough but this might solve some issues.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
PHUO: most pizza is better with less or no sauce. :ssh:

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

PHUO: most pizza is better with less or no sauce. :ssh:

Light sauce is really a goated choice. I hate a super saucy slice

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I like extra sauce.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Wayne Knight posted:

I like extra sauce.

:hmmyes:

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Wayne Knight posted:

I like extra sauce.

BigHead posted:

Me, when ordering for poker night: "whole pepperoni pizza. Put it through the sauce carousel twice."

We post in solidarity friend.

BigHead fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 3, 2024

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

large hands posted:

Costco here in Canada used to have a baked turkey and provolone sandwich with pesto. Really wish we still had that and the smoked meat sandwich...

Smoked meat sandwich?! They never had that in my church here on the west coast

The turkey sandwich was good though, I miss having those kinds of options

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hell yeah my Costco changed the buns on the hot dog out for better ones.

Also whoever talked up the bags of dried mango, these are great thank you.

Wayne Knight posted:

I like extra sauce.

What up brother.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Fatrick posted:

Smoked meat sandwich?! They never had that in my church here on the west coast

The turkey sandwich was good though, I miss having those kinds of options

Yeah they had packs of the smoked meat that they sell in the fridge section in a thing of hot water. They'd just drain one, chop it up a bit and throw it on a Kirkland ciabatta bun with a big pickle on the side. Add mustard, onions and kraut from the condiments bar at your pleasure.

They still have the smoked meat packs by the bacon and stuff so I buy them and make them at home with proper bread but it was a nice treat after shopping.

I'm on the island and I want to say they sold them until maybe ten years ago

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

quote:

Seen at Costco Orlando…..

how the hell was this not already a thing

especially in Florida which ruins everything

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's always supposed to have been a thing. They just usually don't enforce it

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Gaius Marius posted:

Who the hell wants to get their card out for that.

I always just walk into the food court from the exit and no one gives me any poo poo.

I think they put up those signs and enforce it for a day or two so word of mouth goes around. They don't actually wanna waste employee time enforcing that.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Zero VGS posted:

Who the hell wants to get their card out for that.

I always just walk into the food court from the exit and no one gives me any poo poo.

I think they put up those signs and enforce it for a day or two so word of mouth goes around. They don't actually wanna waste employee time enforcing that.

What a pain to get a card out. The same card I'll use to pay for it. What an insane burden.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

StormDrain posted:

What a pain to get a card out. The same card I'll use to pay for it. What an insane burden.

If you only go to the food court you can pay cash without getting out any card, which also makes it faster because you don't use the kiosks. And you can leave without needing to be receipt-checked.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I'm all about those speed glizzies

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

KakerMix posted:

I'm all about those speed glizzies

Dog in Me speedrun (any %) WR

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

wife got the vanilla strawberry swirl ice cream today, said it was good

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

At one point they could not start a purchase without scanning a card.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usFrCQ36pGg

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I got my citi visa reimbursement today. Apparently they no longer process them at customer service, you need to be at the register.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Wow these people suck.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Dropped like $750 today. It was my first full Costco run in like 4 months since my kid was born sans one or two quick trips so I needed every staple in the books. Had to check out, load my car up, then go back and shop more because I ran out of space in my cart.

Was kinda annoyed at the register though. A supervisor decided to reprimand my cashier right there in front of customers for missing items in some people's carts. I had to awkwardly stand there as the guy was getting dressed down and I got to watch him sign some paperwork for the mistakes. I get it, it happens, and as a cashier missing items is an inevitably. But it still loving sucks to be on the receiving end of that. Even when I used to work at BJs, my manager had the grace to pull us off the register and go over that poo poo in her office, then give us a break to regain our composure. But no, this supervisor felt the need to do a drive by on this dude with no warning and left just as quickly. He was clearly off his game and extremely distracted after that. Unprofessional as poo poo.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Yesterday, some woman kept abandoning her cart in the middle of the aisle to go look at whatever caught her eye.

It was my wife. :sigh:

I tried the turkey sandwich at the food court. It was alright, though IMO a little expensive for what it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Food court Turkey sandwich should be like 4.99 tops.

But the you can really taste the extra 3 bux of blood, sweat, and tears of the poor person frantically slapping them together behind the counter.