Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm sure the IDF will shoot at any refugees who dare to try to obtain any of these supplies the White House will allegedly be dropping, and Miller/Kirby/et al will just shrug and blame Hamas. That's my prediction (if this airdrop even happens at all).

e: Admittedly not a tough prediction to make, but that's what happens when you're ruled by murderous psychopaths.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 21:36 on Mar 1, 2024

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Weka posted:

Mad? Feel free to enlighten me about the evils of Britains most ant Zionist MP

that letter absent the local concerns is indistinguishable from a Mom's for Liberty mailer. what loving forum is this?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
It's a letter sent inside the constituency, to a local voter, addressing a local concern

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Weka posted:

The only interest Joe Biden is more subservient to than Israel is domestic capital. It is the best lever you have on him because it is frequently in the same place you are, America.

If it's a dog whistle it's for muslims which I don't think is likely coming from Galloway. I don't know what more than a literal grooming gang in that town who it has just been found has barely been investigated you need to think he just means what he says here.

Mad? Feel free to enlighten me about the evils of Britains most ant Zionist MP

You are retarded

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

punishedkissinger posted:

can you cut it out already

sorry I was catching up and wanted to quote the stuff I found interesting

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm sure the IDF will shoot at any refugees who dare to try to obtain any of these supplies the White House will allegedly be dropping, and Miller/Kirby/et al will just shrug and blame Hamas. That's my prediction (if this airdrop even happens at all).

e: Admittedly not a tough prediction to make, but that's what happens when you're ruled by murderous psychopaths.

Yeah the airdrops aren't happening. Biden admin lies to attempt to sate angst and tries again after we forgot they lied last 500+ times.

Biden and his sycophants are loving liars as a crutch. They still view their nazism as a news cycle and optics problem vs a red line for anyone with a soul.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

theres a chance it "happens" in the sense like another poster said they drop a box or two it gets shot by the israelis or whatever and they claim they saved the day with 2 magical box drops

or nothing happens either way its another depraved stunt

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Weka posted:

If it's a dog whistle it's for muslims which I don't think is likely coming from Galloway. I don't know what more than a literal grooming gang in that town who it has just been found has barely been investigated you need to think he just means what he says here.

It is absolutely a dog whistle coming from Galloway, and you have fallen for it. "Grooming gangs" has been used as a standin for "Muslim = Paedos" by the British press for years and any man on the street that sees the words Grooming Gangs will read that into it. That is the type of voter he is trying to appeal to by including that in his campaign promises. It has no relation to the actual prevalence of paedophilia in the british isles in the ruling classes or otherwise, and it is naive to just drop the wikipedia article for it like it's the Tiananmen Square Massacre and you are trying to blow the whole thing wide open to the poor unenlightened Chinese who need to learn the TRUTH. Galloway is the guy who will appeal to one voter group by saying Salaamu Leikum, Free Palestine, and appeal to the neighbouring group by saying "I'll take care of those Muslims for you *wink wink*", he only cares about his own standing.

e: the worst thing is, that even by that metric he does still technically qualify as Britain's most anti Zionist MP as the only voice saying anything contrary to hasbara. But it's not coming from any real place. Just a man who is good at identifying gaps and jumping into them, I refer once again to Jackson Hinkle as a comparison

Cookie Cutter has issued a correction as of 21:53 on Mar 1, 2024

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

JuulPodSaveAmerica posted:

Germany is being taken to the Hague, nature is healing.

https://twitter.com/CIJ_ICJ/status/1763633881939427400

IIRC germany has a clumsy track record at the Court so here's hoping they get foot-in-mouth disease again

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God

Justin Tyme posted:

seems easier, and more effective, to just drive the food and medicine over the border with trucks. i wonder why they arent doing that :thunk:

or park a hospital ship or two offshore and build a barge bridge to it. i wonder why they arent doing that :thunk:

In all seriousness, is there any possible justification for this other than running up the bill to plant some extra change for the MIC while continuing to do absolutely nothing (at best) or actively cover up genocide by obscuring the situation?

This reeks of a way to say "We sent $30 million of aid!" at press briefings, when $29.999 million went to fuel and upkeep of Navy ships and planes and the remainder on sourcing a couple of pallets of rice and expired covid tests. Crisis solved through American generosity, Israel has been absolved of charges of starving Gaza, and a new bludgeon against anyone opposed to genocide has been fashioned.

Has my cynicism gotten the better of me here, or is this what it looks like?

The Easy Rider has issued a correction as of 22:21 on Mar 1, 2024

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

No, I suspect you're right on the money. The last five months have taught me that I'm often not cynical enough.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://aje.io/6b1i2q?update=2743616

quote:

US to work on maritime corridor for Gaza aid

More US announcements on aid into Gaza, this time from White House spokesperson John Kirby.

He said Washington would redouble its efforts to establish a maritime corridor to get humanitarian aid into Gaza, and would “continue to push Israel to facilitate more trucks going in and more routes being opened”.

Kirby said Cyprus could potentially be used as part of the maritime corridor and added that Thursday’s attack by Israel on Palestinians waiting for food aid in Gaza City underscored the need to continue to find alternative routes for getting aid into Gaza.

Israel – and by extension the US – have come under intense global criticism for Thursday’s attack, which has put the spotlight on the plight of Palestinians in Gaza, with food and water scarce.

This poo poo is so loving vile. "Oh we can't just tell Israel to let aid in and stop bombing it, we have to, uhh, airdrop it and open a maritime corridor" gently caress you

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/white-house-first-aid-airdrop-will-take-place-in-coming-days-more-to-come/
White House: First aid airdrop will take place in coming days; more to come

quote:

White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby says the first US airdrop of humanitarian aid into Gaza will take place “in the coming days” and that the operation will be replicated in the following weeks.

“The third and fourth and fifth one won’t look like the first and second one,” Kirby says during a press briefing, elaborating on the military airdrop announcement made by US President Joe Biden earlier today.

“There are few military operations that are more complicated than humanitarian assistance airdrops… because so many parameters have to be exactly right,” Kirby says, noting that the US military will have to make sure that the aid lands in a location in the densely populated Gaza warzone that is accessible to aid organizations tasked with distribution.

While airdrops are a faster method of delivery than trucks have been in Gaza, Kirby notes that the new tactic is only meant to supplement ground shipments, given that the latter can deliver at a far larger scale.

The first airdrop will consist of food, likely MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) used by the US military, Kirby says.

The US is still working to finalize details regarding who will distribute the aid once it hits the ground, he adds.

The White House spokesman highlights Biden’s other announcement that the US will redouble its efforts to establish a humanitarian maritime corridor to deliver large amounts of humanitarian assistance by sea.

A maritime route would be able to deliver aid at a larger scale than airdrops, but Kirby admits that this effort is still in its earlier planning stages.

The idea has been something government officials in the region and beyond have talked about for years but has never been implemented. Even before the war broke out, Gaza’s port was barely equipped to handle large maritime shipments of aid.

Pressed repeatedly on whether the decision to announce the impending airdrops had to do with yesterday’s deadly incident in northern Gaza in which dozens were killed while seeking to collect humanitarian aid, Kirby insists that the idea had been in the works for “some time.” He adds that the stampede highlighted the need for more aid to enter Gaza through additional methods.

Kirby says the US has been in touch with Israel about this effort and notes that Israel recently conducted its own airdrop and is supportive of the US initiative.

While there are no updates to share, Kirby says the US continues to push Israel to open additional crossings into Gaza in order to facilitate the delivery of more aid. Jerusalem has been reluctant to answer calls to open the Erez Crossing into northern Gaza where it is seeking to prevent a resurgence of Hamas activity.

Kirby indicates that the US trusts Israel will be able to investigate yesterday’s incident in Gaza City, noting that they have sufficiently carried out similar probes in the past.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
It's going to be 3 pallets of Korean war c-rations

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Please God, let some brave soul wipe the senior members of the American ruling group class off the map and let their survivors feel real fear for the first time in their terrible lives.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I am 1000 posts behind itt, a little after Bushnell's martyrdom. Can anyone catch me up since then?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

It's going to be 3 pallets of Korean war c-rations

Pan up to who is flying the plane... Oh no it's Stevemreinfo1989!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

It may just literally be plastic toys in the shape of food like they did in October. Or just body bags

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I am 1000 posts behind itt, a little after Bushnell's martyrdom. Can anyone catch me up since then?

some people got hurt somehow

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Kirby indicates that the US trusts Israel will be able to investigate yesterday’s incident in Gaza City, noting that they have sufficiently carried out similar probes in the past.

:hmmyes:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

His parents are Christians who Aaron cut out of his life and they are smearing him and saying he is mentally unwell.
Biden loves genocide.
Israel loves genocide.
Israel aid massacre. Uh. Lots more murder. Etc

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Spaced God posted:

It may just literally be plastic toys in the shape of food like they did in October. Or just body bags

Great opportunity for Israel to drop some cluster bombs in the same place. Im sure they wont pass it up.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

Sufficient to provide a defense in the trials for their culpability in a genocide

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

They're going to airdrop 2 pallets of humrats and claim that Khamas took them all and they can't do it anymore because of the moral hazard of giving aid and comfort to the Bad Guys. Or not drop them and claim they did.

Or "advise Israel on the drop locations so they can avoid hurting the starving refugees" wink wink.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

The IDF reportedly restrained a man at the the food distribution event yesterday with zipties, then ran him over with a tank, feet first.
For fun.

The US is waiting for Israel to supply evidence of crimes committed against Palestinians. There is no one left alive in Gaza to provide alternate evidence.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

OctaMurk posted:

Great opportunity for Israel to drop some cluster bombs in the same place. Im sure they wont pass it up.

Omg they're gonna drop the humrats that were the same color as cluster bomb munitions used during OIF

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

The Easy Rider posted:

In all seriousness, is there any possible justification for this other than running up the bill to plant some extra change for the MIC while continuing to do absolutely nothing (at best) or actively cover up genocide by obscuring the situation?

This reeks of a way to say "We sent $30 million of aid!" at press briefings, when $29.999 million went to fuel and upkeep of Navy ships and planes and the remainder on sourcing a couple of pallets of rice and expired covid tests. Crisis solved through American generosity, Israel has been absolved of charges of starving Gaza, and a new bludgeon against anyone opposed to genocide has been fashioned.

Has my cynicism gotten the better of me here, or is this what it looks like?

multiple aid groups like oxfam and msf criticized it before it even started as a worthless pr stunt

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Sherbert Hoover posted:

going to need your biggest :psyduck:

"please lie please lie"
"nah it was us"

"we tried to cover for them"

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://aje.io/6b1i2q?update=2743633

quote:

Gaza hospital director: 80 percent of victims of Gaza City attack at his facility were hit by gunfire

Mohammed Salha, the acting director of al-Awda Hospital in Jabalia, has confirmed that the vast majority of the Gaza City food aid attack victims brought to his health facility showed injuries from gunfire.

Of the 176 wounded who were brought to al-Awda Hospital, 142 had gunshot wounds, while the other 34 showed injuries from a stampede, Salha told the Associated Press.

He said he could not provide information on the cause of death of the victims who were killed because their bodies were transported to other facilities.

Earlier, a UN team who visited al-Shifa Hospital in northern Gaza also confirmed that many victims had been injured by gunfire.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

RC Cola posted:

His parents are Christians who Aaron cut out of his life and they are smearing him and saying he is mentally unwell.
Biden loves genocide.
Israel loves genocide.
Israel aid massacre. Uh. Lots more murder. Etc

Pookah posted:

The IDF reportedly restrained a man at the the food distribution event yesterday with zipties, then ran him over with a tank, feet first.
For fun.

The US is waiting for Israel to supply evidence of crimes committed against Palestinians. There is no one left alive in Gaza to provide alternate evidence.

Thank you.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

genocide

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

dti dta you're caught up

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

A maritime route would be able to deliver aid at a larger scale than airdrops, but Kirby admits that this effort is still in its earlier planning stages.

They haven't even done contingency planning after famine agencies were warning of an impending disaster.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Wonderful

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Willa Rogers posted:

Why is John Kirby not in a prison cell.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

VoicesCanBe posted:

Why is John Kirby not in a prison cell.

because nobody with the power to do so wants to put him there

speng31b
May 8, 2010

VoicesCanBe posted:

Bellingcat supports the genocide of Palestinians

i have very strong negative feelings about bellingcat and other such osint ilk