Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Jack Trades posted:

For the record. You can completely ignore crafting until the very end of the campaign and just switch out items for higher level drops, if you don't want to bother/unsure what to do.
Crafting doesn't become mandatory until after the campaign.

Sure but it feels good to nuke chunks of the campaign after creating something nice. No better way to learn then by doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Philthy posted:

AH, thanks everyone. I'll dig into the crafting a bit more. I did create some filters already and I love that it's there. But tweaking them down to affixes I want sounds like the best way right now over rarity until I get a handle on everything a bit more. Cool. If the end game is better than Diablo 4, then this looks like a good addition to the genre. I bounce between all of these games and enjoy them all for the most part. Have the devs mentioned how they'd like to style their seasons and new content yet? Will they be keeping it in the following seasons like PoE, or tuck it away to be brought back when they run out of ideas like D4?

Perry the Pig did a 12min vid on doing a basic filter setup from scratch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNI5aXSxis8 i had to pause it a lot :corsair: but it worked out nicely.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Crafting in game is literally "I want this and that on the item, and that other thing I dont want"
Cant have better/easier than that

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Hit empowered at 85. It's slower, but the lack of speed and very noticeable enemy durability kind of makes it easier because I always have a massive ward stockpile.

I said come in! posted:

I was thinking this week that it's too bad that the OP (ICR) no longer posts on the forums, he isn't around to see that he finally made a thread for a game that isn't cursed.

This. He finally did it. Years of being the harbinger of doom, famed for being The Anthem Guy, and when something finally hits big he's not around to see it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A brand new player won't know what their builds want to add to the items, let alone what build they're even playing.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

health, physical resist, resists, whatever stat scales their current main damage skill, movement speed

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

A brand new player won't know what their builds want to add to the items, let alone what build they're even playing.

I dunno, the game is pretty good about describing skills – when the thing you use to blow up monsters has a description like: Necrotic, Fire, Spell, Intelligence it's pretty easy to guess what you want on items even for someone new.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Falconer is pretty cool but man, warlock just farming 200 bleed stacks on something is great

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Jack Trades posted:

Well, for me I'm playing necro, so I'm going for all the minion modifiers until I start splatting, then I'll start mixing in health/defense/resists depending. I've peeked at a few builds so far, but they work off specific unique items. For now I'll just enjoy playing a horde of minions and see how far that gets me. I just move around and that's it. Everything has been dying pretty easily.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Philthy posted:

Well, for me I'm playing necro, so I'm going for all the minion modifiers until I start splatting, then I'll start mixing in health/defense/resists depending. I've peeked at a few builds so far, but they work off specific unique items. For now I'll just enjoy playing a horde of minions and see how far that gets me. Right now it's playing itself, I just move around and that's it. Everything has been dying pretty easily.

If you weren't aware, you can use the "A" key and click somewhere to target your minions attacks when you feel it's needed to get them to focus on something.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Got to 300 in arena. Those tundra stalkers are tough.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Crafting in this game actually owns. For the most part do it just for fun. Not doing it, or doing it wrong won't hurt you, but doing it will make you stronger.

The tag system in this game is awesome, everything mostly works how you think it does. Bleeds do physical damage, minions do minion damage, and there are affixes that give your minions more crit, or physical damage, or whatever.

If you think a stat would be good, put it on your gear!

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

A Moose posted:

Crafting in this game actually owns. For the most part do it just for fun. Not doing it, or doing it wrong won't hurt you, but doing it will make you stronger.

You can absolutely brick your items. That just means it's a good idea to play with crafting while levelling since you're going to replace all that gear anyway.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I'm pretty impressed with the prophecy system and just how much it'll poo poo out at later ranks. really looking forward to hitting rank 10 for the duplicated prophecy rewards to see how crazy it can get, but it's gonna take forever to get there. even at 500 corruption & chasing tomes of experience, it's been slow

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Diephoon posted:

You can absolutely brick your items. That just means it's a good idea to play with crafting while levelling since you're going to replace all that gear anyway.

Pretty much the only ways to brick items are when you are trying to remove or change an affix you don't want, and that's always gonna be a gamble. The cool thing is that when this happens you at least get the good shards to use later.

I'm not sure of any way in the current crafting system to brick an item doing anything else, but I haven't played a lot with the super rare rune things.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
only thing i don't like about this game is that it's pretty easy to wind up doing content that drops items you can't equip because you're too low level for them. it's not a dealbreaker because you get past it eventually but its weird that you can easily wind up doing stuff that's 20+ levels above you in the end game and have that matter because some items have a level req of 90 or something.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I already ruined an item thanks to an errant Glyph of Chaos, I don’t like how the forge menu doesn’t reset when you exit the window.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Tonetta posted:

I'm pretty impressed with the prophecy system and just how much it'll poo poo out at later ranks. really looking forward to hitting rank 10 for the duplicated prophecy rewards to see how crazy it can get, but it's gonna take forever to get there. even at 500 corruption & chasing tomes of experience, it's been slow

it reminds me of what would have happened if ggg had leaned into expedition being the solution to a lot of ssf scarcity issues instead of nerfing gwennen into the loving ground

it's such a good system

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

I already ruined an item thanks to an errant Glyph of Chaos, I don’t like how the forge menu doesn’t reset when you exit the window.

I'm glad it keeps the glyph the same because like 85% of the time I'm using a Glyph of Hope and having to re-add it every time would suck.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Herstory Begins Now posted:

it reminds me of what would have happened if ggg had leaned into expedition being the solution to a lot of ssf scarcity issues instead of nerfing gwennen into the loving ground

it's such a good system

unfortunately, ggg believes you should suffer, actually

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
and that's why last epoch has 50k more peak players on steam than poe lol

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

There's a hotfix released that should alleviate the 2 big memory leaks.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/899770/view/4146197332014333900?l=english

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Already gold bots in chat. I didn't think about it before but the people buying tons of gold will mess up the whole trade faction right?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tonetta posted:

It's really cool, making a "no trade" option very rewarding beyond just bragging rights is something I haven't seen often. Doing it as both a global upgrade to drops and being able to focus in on something like "I'm hunting for a good ring drop, and I want to avoid dungeon quests" is really sweet.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

It's really cool, making a "no trade" option very rewarding beyond just bragging rights is something I haven't seen often. Doing it as both a global upgrade to drops and being able to focus in on something like "I'm hunting for a good ring drop, and I want to avoid dungeon quests" is really sweet.

I'm going the route of doubling up on rewards and procs and just picking whatever gives the most. when I fill up on arena or a dungeon I'll just run a couple and proc them all. I don't have any unique ones like this right now but you can get huge unique explosions like these too.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Oops, got a dungeon key, did the level 20 version even though I'm 30, and then found out the hard way that you can't teleport out of dungeons to empty your inventory. I figured there would be a warning when I tried to use the portal but nope.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I finally got enough mana stats that I could take the point in double Fissure without it feeling terrible, and promptly broke 400 stacks of bleed on the next monolith boss I fought. Build slaps.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

A Moose posted:

Oops, got a dungeon key, did the level 20 version even though I'm 30, and then found out the hard way that you can't teleport out of dungeons to empty your inventory. I figured there would be a warning when I tried to use the portal but nope.

It's not a big deal, you'll get plenty of keys.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I'm on the last mono before empowered and I've never done a dungeon or arena yet, am I missing anything huge?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CubicalSucrose posted:

I'm on the last mono before empowered and I've never done a dungeon or arena yet, am I missing anything huge?

No, dungeons and arena have their own difficulty tiers however you have to do the lower ones to unlock the higher ones. T4 dungeons are more or less equivalent to the start of empowered monos.

You'll want to do them at some point, particularly the Sanctum for slamming uniques.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What is the point of even having dungeon keys. Just have them available any time.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I wish I could name my falcon, thing is a loving psycho

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Koroshi posted:

How about a run into the middle and watch everything burn build? almost like PoE righteous fire build
https://maxroll.gg/last-epoch/build-guides/judgement-aura-paladin-guide

I've still never played a Paladin (because I always go for standard minion builds) but imma try this one. The best way to build shadowheart is the lawnmower.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

1.5 mil rep for rank 9 to 10 in cof. that's almost as much as the rest combined lmao

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

How do the ailments work in this game exactly? I see things like bleed/ignite have a base damage and duration , are they scaled by your physical damage on a given skill or attack?

I have played POE and know how it works there, but doesn't seem the same?

Like if I have 100% chance to bleed but use a skill that does fire damage, does it still inflict a bleed?

Likewise if I have say an axe that does 100 damage, is the base bleed scaled by that ?

If this is detailed somewhere in a wiki please point me.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://www.lastepochtools.com/guide/section/ailment_mechanics

tl;dr - Ailment has a fixed base damage, independent of what applied it, scaled by generic damage type and specific ailment damage.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Sylink posted:

If this is detailed somewhere in a wiki please point me.

Your actual question was answered, but for this point, and for other new players, check out the in-game guide. I think it's just on G by default? Anyway, it's very good, very clear, and pretty thorough.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

plvld a friend and ended up on the 2-player ladder at 2nd. whoops. . .

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
So, I'm building a Primalist for Dog Dad build because it's fun to run around with too many wolves. Occasionally, it will give them specific names other than 'Primal Wolf'; the three I've run into are Terry, Bjark, and Fenton.

Now, it's entirely possible that this was an unrelated/coincidental glitch, but the one time I got Fenton his aggro range was insane and he kept sprinting off getting me in trouble. If that's intentional, it's a wonderful reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

suuma posted:

Falconer is pretty cool but man, warlock just farming 200 bleed stacks on something is great

Just wait til you see the bleed Falconer that hits 999 stacks and ticks for 24 million damage or drops a 200 million Dive Bomb :madmax: