Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

I guess my lynx is bad because she cannot keep up

Lynx ability to keep up is up to the rest of the team, if your team can break enemies well enough Lynx will deal with big power moves or surprises that may come but if she is forced to use her skill over and over she will drag her team down. Fu Xuan and Luocha ability to keep a team that can't break the enemy properly alive with sp to spare is what sets them apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Chocobo posted:

I've heard arguments both ways but from a Gep user, do you use SPD or DEF on boots? I've used DEF and the shields seem to hold fine, does SPD make a noticeable difference?

Mine's on speed for

padijun posted:

speed so fast DPS don't outrun your shields

exactly this reason.

Def% body, speed boots, ERR rope, def% orb, 4p Purity Palace/2p Belobog.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Meowywitch posted:

I guess my lynx is bad because she cannot keep up

How are the relics and such on yours? For what its worth, mine is not exactly exceptional:

It could also be an issue of survivability on your support units, depending on what's going wrong in the fight. Or low DPS dragging fights out and putting pressure on her.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Genovera posted:

How are the relics and such on yours? For what its worth, mine is not exactly exceptional:

What site is that, btw?

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Kyrosiris posted:

What site is that, btw?

https://www.mobilemeta.gg/honkai-starrail/app/relic-scorer

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Sweet, thanks. So yeah, here's my Gep, who is the backbone of my Kafka/Swan/Ruan Mei/Gepard side of MoC:

Just fast enough (especially with the extra energy from getting slapped due to Moment of Victory) to keep Kafka and Swan shielded, and the shields are thick.

E: And yes I'm aware his boots are nuts. I would fight god in a back alley behind Denny's to keep those boots.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 1, 2024

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really tempting fate here...Think I might sit on the guarentee for Archon..but...E2 Sparkle looks so good...

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Really tempting fate here...Think I might sit on the guarentee for Archon..but...E2 Sparkle looks so good...

Imo don't go for E2.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Ibram Gaunt posted:

If you use up your guarantee for Sparkle, will you still have enough tickets for Acheron with worst-case luck? She's supposed to be first half of 2.1, how badly do you want her?

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Do not give in to the madness.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ibram Gaunt posted:

insane luck. do not tempt fate

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Fancy a wager? What's your bet?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You won. Walk away with what you've got.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

As Silver Wolf would say: Just pull, if ur asking u want it

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

It took me forever to pull my Sparkle but her gear turned out insane, so... you win some, etc.

Like, look at that loving hat.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Detheros posted:

As Silver Wolf would say: Just pull, if ur asking u want it

It's true...but I am going to be smart and not. Maybe I'll get E2 on a rerun.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
What was the % rate for getting specific types of damage boost on planar spheres? Just asking so I know exactly how mad to be that my last 4 Broken Keel spheres have rolled Imaginary. It's for Bronya! I don't need Imaginary! Stop giving me Imaginary!!!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Obnoxipus posted:

What was the % rate for getting specific types of damage boost on planar spheres? Just asking so I know exactly how mad to be that my last 4 Broken Keel spheres have rolled Imaginary. It's for Bronya! I don't need Imaginary! Stop giving me Imaginary!!!

To be fair, Bronya's damage is pretty loving marginal - I'd take a wrong-element orb that has great substats for a support no problem.

Hell, my Bronya is running a def% orb.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

To be fair, Bronya's damage is pretty loving marginal - I'd take a wrong-element orb that has great substats for a support no problem.

Hell, my Bronya is running a def% orb.

Yeah, right now she has an absolutely trash wind damage orb; recommended is def/HP, which I have not rolled. Only Imaginary. Maybe this run of World 7 will get me something useful!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bronya absolutely does not want a wind dmg% orb. it offers almost literally nothing even on turns where bronya does wind up autoattacking.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Endorph posted:

bronya absolutely does not want a wind dmg% orb. it offers almost literally nothing even on turns where bronya does wind up autoattacking.

I should clarify, I absolutely just threw the first thing I had on her, and have been rolling other elements ever since. No defense, no HP. Wind damage would not be my choice if I had one.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Getting some nice Hanya dupes...she's at E2 atm

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Currently debating on if I should pull for someone on the banner. I don't think I have any of the great support characters (maybe I do and don't realize it yet), so I was thinking about going for Sparkle.
I was also wondering if I should bother with Jing yuan. I have Kakfa already so I thought probably not, but wasn't sure if Jing yuan fills a different niche well enough to be worth going for.
If I were to go for someone I am at risk of failing the 50/50.

Also, wanted to ask if Aventurine or Acheron are worth getting when they come up as well.

5 Stars I have for reference: Kafka, Black Swan, Dr. Ratio, DanIL, Clara, Bailu, Yanqing

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Did a single 10-pull hoping to luck into Hanya, didn't get her. Can't justify spending any more as I'm saving for Fu Xuan and Luocha so I can finish off my teams - FuXuan/Kafka/BlackSwan/[flex!] and Blade/JingLiu/RuanMei/Luocha.

Fu Xuan replacing Gepard and Luocha replacing Lynx. And then I can simply never pull another character ever again. Simple, really.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This is for Zebia.

You should try for Sparkle and Aventurine. Sparkle will make your DanIL and Ratio really pop off, just like Black Swan for Kafka. You should get Aventurine because it will give you a second 5 star sustain for MoC, and he is the best sustain for Ratio and Acheron. Acheron is just a vanity pick if you just don't care and really like her.

Like, if you care about pulling to make your account stronger, that's what you should pick right now. Jing Yuan is great when built properly, but he really needs Tingyun and Sparkle to pop off. Maybe not even Tingyun anymore. You already have a decent DoT team, so you don't really need another Lightning dps. Acheron really just falls into the same category. She's just going to be a fair bit stronger than Our General, maybe even stronger than Jingliu and DanIL with the right investment.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 2, 2024

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Zebia posted:

5 Stars I have for reference: Kafka, Black Swan, Dr. Ratio, DanIL, Clara, Bailu, Yanqing

Sparkle and DanIL is a match made in heaven, so you can just do that if you'd like. She's also pretty good with Dr Ratio.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

...oh hi Sparkle what the gently caress.

Got her at 9 pity and winning a 50/50. My hoyo gacha luck is loving ridiculous lately.

I'm running thin on resources at this rate after getting Black Swan. Suffering from success.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

switched around some relics off silver wolf.
managed to get my QQ to a comfortable 52%crit/148%crit dam. combined with Fu Xuan, and Sparkle, her crit is nice.

i think i have tons of AoE now.

is it black swan or adventurine the next banner

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

GateOfD posted:

switched around some relics off silver wolf.
managed to get my QQ to a comfortable 52%crit/148%crit dam. combined with Fu Xuan, and Sparkle, her crit is nice.

i think i have tons of AoE now.

is it black swan or adventurine the next banner

Next should be Acheron, followed by Aventurine (Black Swan was the previous banner).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm struggling to get my Jingliu to 50 percent crit rate without crit rate body, which is a waste of a body

I've wasted like 7 of my fuels already relic hunting just for her with nothing to show

This sucks

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Yeah, hunting for 'good' relics is the absolute last thing I do with my time/stamina.

First off I make a character by maxxing the level, getting decent traces (8/10 generally), and the least terrible relic set I can field. Any relics that are absolutely essential for a character to work I just create. That's the character at "good enough".

Then when I have absolutely nothing else to do I burn any excess stamina on hunting for better relics, expecting nothing. Because that's what you're gonna get.

e: the decent rate of return you get using levelled relics as fodder is a real help to this approach.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

relevant traces to 4 or 8 - > "good enough' relics - > relevant traces to max - > great relics - > fully maxed traces - > godly relics (the eternal grind)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dammit. Gallagher wants 250% Break Effect for max healing. I'm still leveling relics, but even with his 4 star lc, I'm only around 135%. One of his major traces boosts BE, and I have a Break Effect Talia rope. His orb starts with a Break Effect substat, and I have an Outgoing Healing Thief chest. Hopefully, it'll be good enough.

I'm a bit bummed the new Break Effect relic set isn't good for him, but I already have a decent Thief set so I guess it's a good thing.

We get a new Pure Fiction on Monday, right? I'm so credit poor, I'm thinking of buying some from the store. I've got 3 relics to level and 2 lightcones, plus I'm trying to complete traces for Hanya and Bronya.

Also, I think Gallagher is going to prompt me to build Xueyi. He's a great support for her.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
What I've been doing for the last six months or so is usually spending half my daily resin on traces and the other half on relics - when I need to do echoes of war or stagnant shadow, I replace the relics with those. Over all that time, I've managed to accumulate pretty good relic sets on all the characters I use, and stockpiled over 1000 gold relics in the process.

Just a couple days ago I went a little insane and mulched like 500 of those in pursuit of a good crit damage chest for Sparkle, since she was at 159 speed and so I only needed one extra speed roll to reach the break point. (I got it and now I have about 2500 relic dust left over.)

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Oh my god. I rolled Sparkle on a whim, took her with a team of FX/QQ/Sparkle/SW where only FX is actually built, with Sparkle at level 70 with a bunch of her traces locked and the rest at 5, into gears conundrum 10 to try her out on propagation.

I’m pretty sure the RSPCA is coming for my rear end for what I did to that deer. I hit the bug final boss at disruption 8 and I think it got off about two entire attacks in its 3 HP bars? because of QQ doing half a dozen spores a turn in her enhances, getting boosted by Sparkle to do it again, then getting metamorphosed to do it again for the third, then getting her ult off, then getting boosted by Sparkle…

I think once this team is actually built conundrum 12 dice clears will not be a problem. Bronya’s staying stapled to my Blade but hoooly hell is Sparkle cracked with QQ and Better Dan. Hail Elation.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

if you didn't get Ruan Mei, a team wide harmony character is gonna change your world.

i have ruan mei, so sparkle is just a different brand, still good, but i already experienced it.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Sparkle really makes JY slap. He's fully competent with her. Add in Topaz and HouHou and you've got a crazy team. Just did a max rank Echo of War Cocolia in under 1:30 with that team.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

It's hilarious the most JY can aspire to is "fully competent"

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

GoodluckJonathan posted:

I know, but he was keeping pace with Jingliu numbers in that comp with just his skill & ult. I am impressed by just how much Sparkle boosts him (I don't have Kafka, so he's my best dps of that element)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Always weird how people are so swept up in memeing about him they don't realize he's in the upper half of dps characters for most MoC.