Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I guess Hoyo wanted everyone to get free mats with this Dreamjolt event because so far you could easily get max points just using their trial characters. For today’s I just added my RM to their Kafka/BS/Luo and it wasn’t even close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

Always weird how people are so swept up in memeing about him they don't realize he's in the upper half of dps characters for most MoC.

Mid Yuan is a meme that has poisoned us all.

When he's properly built and has the right support, he's a lot of fun. Just like anyone else.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

qbert posted:

I guess Hoyo wanted everyone to get free mats with this Dreamjolt event because so far you could easily get max points just using their trial characters. For today’s I just added my RM to their Kafka/BS/Luo and it wasn’t even close.

People get to try out characters they don't have and are like I WANT IT!!!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I couldn't help myself. I ended up getting Sparkle. And, in my first ever double 5 star, I GOT HIMEKO!

The best part? Himeko came after Sparkle, so I still have a guarantee for Aventurine. And I'll be able to save enough pulls that I don't feel compelled to buy the Battle Pass.

It's a great day. :D

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

And gently caress it, I got Before Dawn too. I'm going to have a lot of work ahead of me.

Thankfully, I have relics for both Himeko and Sparkle. I just need to level and trace them. :negative:

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

qbert posted:

Yeah these events are very much extended Trial events to sell different characters / teams, but it is still kinda fun to play around with. Although man, my DoT team blows the trial team out of the water.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

PatentPending posted:

Did a single 10-pull hoping to luck into Hanya, didn't get her. Can't justify spending any more as I'm saving for Fu Xuan and Luocha so I can finish off my teams - FuXuan/Kafka/BlackSwan/[flex!] and Blade/JingLiu/RuanMei/Luocha.

Fu Xuan replacing Gepard and Luocha replacing Lynx. And then I can simply never pull another character ever again. Simple, really.

Luocha will replace Lynx yeah. Fu Xuan replacing Gepard... kind of? They're both preservation but play pretty differently and a lot of preservation mechanics in the simulated universe don't work with Fu Xuan because she doesn't provide shields to anyone like Gepard does, just damage reduction. For general use she'll replace Gepard but there will be some specific circumstances you'll want to pick him over her still.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Eej posted:

Always weird how people are so swept up in memeing about him they don't realize he's in the upper half of dps characters for most MoC.

He's fun to dunk on but tbh I've never actually looked at his stats. The only times I've used him was as a support, and all the ones I've used were sooo slow. I was curious about this though, so I looked it up and no, he's not in the upper half. His clear time is only ahead of Blade and Dr. Ratio(if we're only looking at 5*).

Sad!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Will always bully Yuan

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
At 73 rolls on the character banner with a guaranteed banner character, still unsure if I want Sparkle, Archeron, or neither. I feel like I need to roll very conservatively because I only have ~130 rolls saved and I just assume that any new character will cost about 155-160 rolls. I am pretty sure I have only won 2 50/50's since the start of the game and lost the only 75/25 I tried on a LC banner. Here is my skillful character rolling over the last 6 months, love to spend 159 rolls on Himeko:

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 2, 2024

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

GoodluckJonathan posted:

He's fun to dunk on but tbh I've never actually looked at his stats. The only times I've used him was as a support, and all the ones I've used were sooo slow. I was curious about this though, so I looked it up and no, he's not in the upper half. His clear time is only ahead of Blade and Dr. Ratio(if we're only looking at 5*).

Sad!

they were talking about the old rotation. the stats were just updated this morning for the new one.

if you just go by these stats it appears ruan mei and silver wolf are pretty bad, and im here for it if anyone wants to have that discussion.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Got Sparkle in 20 rolls, spent my remaining 70 getting nothing from JY's LC banner, then won the 50/50 with the monthly tickets. :confuoot: God I have so much stuff to level right now between Pela, Sparkle, Clara, and if Fu Xian is on banner next patch, I'm absolutely gonna go for her.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Radical posted:

they were talking about the old rotation. the stats were just updated this morning for the new one.

No, OP said "most MoC". Not any one MoC in particular which is going to heavily favor one character or another based on what Hoyo is trying to sell.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Yuan damage control is high

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

GoodluckJonathan posted:

No, OP said "most MoC". Not any one MoC in particular which is going to heavily favor one character or another based on what Hoyo is trying to sell.

you cant just use sparkle to forward advance your goalposts like that

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

technically hes in the top half in your screenshot as well, the original post said DPS characters not 5 stars. there are quite a lot of really bad 4 star DPS characters so he would trivially be in the top half for most patches. he actually has been pretty good since they added topaz though, but after his own rotation he struggled for a long time.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Selenephos posted:

Fu Xuan replacing Gepard... kind of? They're both preservation but play pretty differently and a lot of preservation mechanics in the simulated universe don't work with Fu Xuan because she doesn't provide shields to anyone like Gepard does, just damage reduction.

Hilariously if I'm going all in on Preservation in harder SimU content, I actually like doing both. :v: Fu's damage splitting makes quake damage effects happen multiple times, etc.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Danakir posted:

*Advice*

Thank you, very much appreciated. Didn't get lucky on the 50/50 but I should be fine to get her on the pity before the banner is up.

Another question I had was where should I look to for what are generally considered the best gear sets for characters? So far, I've been referring to Game8 and what they list makes sense, but wasn't sure if there was a better alternative resource.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

GoodluckJonathan posted:

You're both posting about the same MoC cycle, except you toggled "Show Only MoC 12 Stats" off and Radical left it on. To put the two settings next to each other:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

nah i actually used the wayback machine but didnt click far enough back. i had remembered him doing well previously but it was actually just the toggle for floor 12 yeah. he actually did pretty bad last rotation (which makes sense, it was the destruction/hunt take an extra turn one, so him and kafka kinda sucked.)

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Kanos posted:

You're both posting about the same MoC cycle, except you toggled "Show Only MoC 12 Stats" off and Radical left it on. To put the two settings next to each other:

Oh, I thought it was an average of ALL MoC 10-12, that's my bad.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Zebia posted:

Thank you, very much appreciated. Didn't get lucky on the 50/50 but I should be fine to get her on the pity before the banner is up.

Another question I had was where should I look to for what are generally considered the best gear sets for characters? So far, I've been referring to Game8 and what they list makes sense, but wasn't sure if there was a better alternative resource.

Prydwen generally offers decent build advice, but I'd still sanity check what they say if it sounds wrong to you. They're by no means perfect but better than Game8.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kanos posted:

MoC 12 amused me because I was able to clear Gepard in 5 cycles with a Kafka hypercarry. The only other DoT support was the occasional Physical break from Hanya. :D

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I hosed up and pulled for QQ eidolons, hope I didn't hose myself out of getting Acheron lmao

Uh..so if my planned quantum team was FX/SW/QQ/Xueyi I should drop..Xueyi for Sparkle?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pick one of Xueyi or Quinque, yes. Quinque would probably be stronger, but that depends on eidolons and investment.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

QQ is at e4, Xy is at uhh..e5? I think

Neither is super invested

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

QQ is at e4, Xy is at uhh..e5? I think

Definitely keep Qingque.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Jing Yuan is probably the best all round damage dealer at the moment thanks to Sparkle boosting both his and Lightning Lord's damage. He's strong in both MoC and PF, while other DPS characters tend to excel in one but not the other. I wouldn't be surprised if we see his usage shoot up in the following month.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

NachtSieger posted:

Definitely keep Qingque.

Agreed, 100%. E4 Quinque is the best time to invest in her, especially with Sparkle.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

QQ - > GG

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

GateOfD posted:

if you didn't get Ruan Mei, a team wide harmony character is gonna change your world.

i have ruan mei, so sparkle is just a different brand, still good, but i already experienced it.

I have Ruan Mei (I’m only missing Huohuo, Jing Yuan, and HuoHuo, my banner-pass-rear end luck is ungodly), but making Kafka or Jingliu hit harder is one thing, they were already doing big numbers, but seeing my QQ go from “okay but I have a better Quantum so I’ll just put her on the backburner” to “casually putting out numbers bigger than a fully buffed Topaz+RM Dr. Ratio follow-up in Elation, without anyone being really built” was :stare:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

QQ it is

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Really need a Celestial Jade event with QQ at some point so we can get full Magic Mahjong vibes

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

coolusername posted:

I have Ruan Mei (I’m only missing Huohuo, Jing Yuan, and HuoHuo, my banner-pass-rear end luck is ungodly), but making Kafka or Jingliu hit harder is one thing, they were already doing big numbers, but seeing my QQ go from “okay but I have a better Quantum so I’ll just put her on the backburner” to “casually putting out numbers bigger than a fully buffed Topaz+RM Dr. Ratio follow-up in Elation, without anyone being really built” was :stare:

I think Sparkle might be better than RM there I said it

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I can't imagine how skill point positive Bronya could possibly be strong.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

https://twitter.com/mrpokke/status/1763909405932941534 qq giveth, qq taketh (your skill points)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
clearly didn't believe in the heart of the tiles

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
At that point, I think you just have to give up and accept that winning isn't in the tiles.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Extremely good news to all the Gallagher enjoyers, they are now giving him a cleanse at E2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Through comments I just learned that QQ maxes out at 4 stacks anyway