Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yet another jaw-droppingly horrifying statistic for the list:

https://x.com/medicalaidpal/status/1763172220900151317?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
https://www.axios.com/2024/03/01/biden-gaza-airdrops-aid-israel-hamas

US aid air drops starting Soon to help work around the, ahem, logistical barriers to land deliveries. also some cranky rhetoric about the land blockade etc

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
the us is airdropping food to a place besieged by a us ally, using guns and bombs made in the us

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Nebalebadingdong posted:

the us is airdropping food to a place besieged by a us ally, using guns and bombs made in the us
US strategy has just gone off the loving rails. It makes no sense no matter where your moral compass points. On the bright side, the defense-industrial complex has gone “Oops! All grift!” As a result, we won’t have much to give Israel in terms of direct arms sales/aid going forward.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Dante80 posted:

You really don't have to be graphic to become deeply horrifying, as far as this subject is concerned.

This reminds me of pictures of Nazi soldiers taking photos with hanged captives. This is beyond belief.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dante80 posted:

You really don't have to be graphic to become deeply horrifying, as far as this subject is concerned.

Just the sheer joy that they get showing their cruelty to the world.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Nebalebadingdong posted:

It’s a desperate ploy by Biden to looking like he’s Doing Something about a problem he’s incredibly responsible for, in a way that can’t possibly meet the actual needs of the people of Gaza.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
It's really twisted, giving scraps to the people you're helping to starve. It makes Biden seem even more inhuman to me. The depravity just keeps getting deeper.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Yeah, it's weak theater. They have nothing else to offer. Press briefings are just an exercise in cynicism ("What, us interfere in another country's doings? Perish the thought! The US of A has NEVER engaged in sanctions, aid supension, blockades and embargoes? Stop talking crazy, we're just smol beans.") at this point, any pretense of working for a ceasefire is immediately shat upon by Bibi of Ben-Gvir posting 'Waaagh exterminate the brutes skulls for the skull throne!' the day after.

All they have left is creating factoids for the media to bounce around for a few days, while letting Israel do what it wants. See, we're not genocide enablers, we sent like five tons of cheerio's to Khan Younes!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Retired US diplomat:
https://twitter.com/fordrs58/status/1763649504018841699

It's a good point; airdrops are for countries you're not on good terms with or bordered by enemies, it's insanely inefficient, unreliable, small payload. The implicit suggestion is that the US is not a good enough ally to just drive in.

It makes the administration look more feeble than it already is when it's proudly touting that it's on the same allied terms as Egypt and Jordan. Honestly worse, Egypt's trucking supplies in.

E: The optimistic interpretation is that Israel is more comfortable bombing Egyptian drivers than American drivers, but saying that aloud would make it clear how beyond the pale Israel is.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 2, 2024

Kagrenak
Sep 8, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

Retired US diplomat:

It's a good point; airdrops are for countries you're not on good terms with or bordered by enemies, it's insanely inefficient, unreliable, small payload. The implicit suggestion is that the US is not a good enough ally to just drive in.

It makes the administration look more feeble than it already is when it's proudly touting that it's on the same allied terms as Egypt and Jordan. Honestly worse, Egypt's trucking supplies in.

E: The optimistic interpretation is that Israel is more comfortable bombing Egyptian drivers than American drivers, but saying that aloud would make it clear how beyond the pale Israel is.

Yeah I would buy that this is Biden taking the best of a slate of bad options only if the air drops came with an explicit moratorium on arms shipments. As it is, he should be able to coerce Israel into allowing US sponsored aid across any crossing they control. He needs to be doing far more.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

It’s such a transparently calculated bare-minimum to point to for the optics

HookedOnChthonics fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 2, 2024

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I remember a lot of the oppo against trump was talking about how he was bowing down to dictators and kissing Putin and Kim jong-un on the lips. Biden being walked all over by netanyahu looks even worse, it makes him look weak and pathetic while at the same time also being bloodthirsty and callous. Just an absolute shambles of a presidency.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
Listen folks, we're all looking for the guys supplying these weapons.
In the meantime we're dropping in all the supplies we can as our dearest ally says that they'll explode our aid trucks.

Who are we to tell them what to do.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

The US could just cut out the middleman and airdrop supplies with preloaded bombs for more efficient complicity in the genocide.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

nimby posted:

The US could just cut out the middleman and airdrop supplies with preloaded bombs for more efficient complicity in the genocide.

Bibi would just get on TV and complain that some of the supplies survive the explosion and demand we replace them with rusty nails and barrels of agent orange.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I remember a lot of the oppo against trump was talking about how he was bowing down to dictators and kissing Putin and Kim jong-un on the lips. Biden being walked all over by netanyahu looks even worse, it makes him look weak and pathetic while at the same time also being bloodthirsty and callous. Just an absolute shambles of a presidency.
Especially since Bibi has always supported Trump and this war is just going to help Trump as Biden just lets children get starved and bombed into oblivion while just kind of shrugging his shoulders when people get to ask him about it

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Google Jeb Bush posted:

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/01/biden-gaza-airdrops-aid-israel-hamas

US aid air drops starting Soon to help work around the, ahem, logistical barriers to land deliveries. also some cranky rhetoric about the land blockade etc

thank god. liberalism is saved. the american conscience is clear at last.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Fister Roboto posted:

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1762931742841741368

America can't just tell other countries what to do, OK? We're just a smol bean, we're just a little guy.

It's genuinely insulting that they expect people to believe this.

didn't raegan literally tell israel to gently caress off at one point

fake edit: there's even a direct quote from when he did it!

"I didn't know I had that kind of power."

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Biden did it in 2021. The whole out of runway quote.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kith posted:

didn't raegan literally tell israel to gently caress off at one point

fake edit: there's even a direct quote from when he did it!

"I didn't know I had that kind of power."

Yep. And strangely enough, a young-ish senator from Delaware had some interesting things to say about this.

https://jacobin.com/2023/10/joe-biden-menachem-begin-israel-lebanon-war-civilian-casualties-canada-gaza

quote:

Biden’s comments were offensive, Begin said. Suddenly he [Biden] said: “What did you do in Lebanon? You annihilated what you annihilated.”

I was certain, recounted Begin, that this was a continuation of his attack against us, but Biden continued: “It was great! It had to be done! If attacks were launched from Canada into the United States, everyone here would have said, ‘Attack all the cities of Canada, and we don’t care if all the civilians get killed.’”

If so, Begin told us, I wondered what all the shouting was about. It turned out Biden wasn’t shouting about the operation in Lebanon at all, he was angry about what Israel was doing in Judea and Samaria . . .

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://x.com/tekaldas/status/1763967534364070074?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

For those unfamiliar, BBC Verify is an extremely establishment service known for only chasing up on a relatively narrow range of 'disinformation'. Them going after IDF propaganda is somewhat significant.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Israeli acquaintance shared this post. I’d really like to hear perspectives on it. I’m very much against Israel’s actions and want to push back tactfully.

quote:

“When the war started, I wrote about it a lot. I felt like I had to. Stringing words together is something I do with reasonable ease, so I felt like it was my duty to apply my writing skills to the war effort.

And then, after a few weeks, I couldn't anymore. The tidal wave against which I was writing felt like too much. Connections on social media - people I've known and enjoyed working with in real life - revealed deep-rooted bias against my people. In some cases, they knew what they were saying. In others, they were following the crowd and didn't realize the anti-Semitic canards they were amplifying. In all cases, it was a punch in the gut.

I am privileged to live in a sleepy little town in central New England, and to work in a field where I spend most of my time alone with my thoughts, without having to interact with or confront any other people. I retreated into that bubble. But the steady drumbeat of war reverberates everywhere. Even here.

The biggest frustration, even in my luxurious isolation, is the inability to respond with any efficacy when I see the lies and distorted half-truths that swirl around this conflict. I see headlines on my phone and want to scream at the screen. I hear news reports in the car and want to shout at my radio. None of it would do any good. Nobody would hear me. And even if they did, it's unlikely they'd listen.

I had another thought about this last night. I took myself out to the movies to see the new Dune film that has just come out. It's a story about a guy who rises to power in such a way that inspires a downtrodden indigenous population to rise up against their colonial oppressors. In an NPR interview this morning, the film's director (the fabulous Denis Villeneuve) spoke about his efforts to honor the vision of Dune's author, Frank Herbert. He said that upon the book's release, Frank Herbert was disappointed. He meant the story to be a cautionary tale about the corrupting power of popular/populist leaders. The protagonist, Paul, although he promises salvation and inspires an army to join him, really does little more than simply drag people into a bigger and more violent war.

But the book wasn't received that way. Paul was perceived as a hero, leading a downtrodden people to self-determination and dignity.

It's true, Villeneuve's "Dune" does pay close attention to the way a populist leader can lead people into catastrophe. But I think that even with Villeneuve's film, the message gets clobbered by the more powerful trope of oppressed rising up against their oppressors. We can't help it. We want to see that war happen.

As I watched the film last night, I couldn't help but think that the Fremen - the desert-dwelling people that Paul comes to lead, who are portrayed with a strong Arabian aesthetic - will be seen by so many as analogous to the Palestinians today. The local desert dwellers, oppressed by a foreign colonizer (the Harkonens, whose paler-than-pale skin can only be described, quite literally, as "white"). The parallel angered me, not just because it's false - Jews aren't white colonizers (we're neither white - ask any white supremacist - nor are we foreign to the land, whose archaeological record alone proves our presence there for three thousand years) - but because it's so easy. The colonizer/colonized narrative is so prevalent in the west, it can get transposed onto just about anything and no one bats an eye. We know the story in our core. And we love it, because it gives us a chance to mitigate some of the guilt we feel at benefiting from just such colonization.

I feel like I ought to dissect that a bit. I was born in Israel, with heritage from eastern Europe and north Africa. My family never had anything to do with the European conquest of the Americas. And yet, as I mentioned above, I live in a place called "New England". The state's name is "Massachusetts", a strange word whose meaning most of the state's residents don't know... because it's from the people who were displaced by the colonists. I didn't displace anyone, but I'm benefitting from that displacement. We all are. Heck, I'd argue that most Native Americans are, in some way, and without minimizing their extreme losses, benefitting from life in the wake of European conquest. I imagine there must be some cognitive dissonance they grapple with, too. So we LOVE stories about oppressed people rising up against greedy colonial forces. Heck, even the American origin story coopts that narrative (industrious Americans overthrowing the tyranny of a king across the sea... it's as if they wanted to become the oppressed in order to counterbalance the guilt of being oppressors). So we see this in stories and movies, and... And you look at "Dune", a cautionary tale about the dark side of an uprising... and it's hard to see the cautionary side. We still cheer for the uprising.

That's the human instinct that I feel I'm up against when I think about the way the Israel/Hamas war is portrayed. Not long ago, Jews were seen as the oppressed, throwing off the shackles of British colonial rule in order to re-establish their control over their indigenous homeland, while other powers, newer in the region, sought to drive them out. But that hasn't been the dominant narrative for fifty years. Instead, because 'might makes wrong' in the moral calculus of the simple-minded, Israel's power as an indigenous group with full self-determination can only be seen as a force of colonial oppression (nomatter that no one has an answer to the question 'colony of what?' New England was a colony of the British. New Amsterdam was a colony of the Dutch. Mexico was a colony of Spain. If Israel is a colony.... whose colony is it? No one has an answer, because people don't think this stuff through. They just feel it. And feelings are much, much more powerful than any of us fully comprehend.)

The Palestinians, who were not a distinct ethnic group until it was politically convenient to turn them into one, are shoehorned into the category of 'colonized', even though this doesn't reflect their actual circumstances, either. In fact, Arabs in the region were a colonial power that was successful for a very long time, to the point that they don't feel like colonists anymore (the way that, say, Americans of British descent don't feel like colonists anymore). [I want to acknowledge here that Palestinians ARE a distinct group now. They are a real people, with a real sense of identity and community and belonging. They were branded "Palestinian" by the broader Arab world, and they accepted that identity several generations ago. By now, the identity is real. We need to remember this. The fact that they were invented in the 20th century by cynical Arab leaders who wanted to use them as political pawns doesn't make their lived experience and self-identification any less important or valid.]

Despite all of this complexity, despite the fact that the circumstances in Israel are very different than the convenient paradigm that we love to embrace... we still embrace the convenient paradigm.

Paul, the hero of "Dune", still feels like the brave, self-sacrificing hero, even though both Frank Herbert and Denis Villeneuve sought to tell a story about a corrupting power. Paul leads like Hamas leads, inspiring the mob to cheer for war and violence and death - death that will find the mob much faster than it finds the mob's leader. And we can't help ourselves... we cheer for him.

Because we have benefitted from the colonies. And we, in the fictional worlds that we retreat to, fantasize about someone rising up and punishing us for enjoying the fruits of those old crimes.

It's important to note here that we fantasize about this in fiction. We love these stories when they're imagined, when they can't touch us. But when Arabs fly planes into iconic buildings in our own country, we are not so quick to forgive. That's too real a threat. We might not agree about how to neutralize it, but we all agree that the threat must be neutralized.

This extends to 'far away' places that don't seem to impact us. Israel and Hamas - to many people - might as well be imaginary nations in a fantasy novel. That's why, when those who we perceive as oppressed rise up and do violence and commit crimes in the real world (but far from our own part of the real world), we rush to excuse their actions. In some way, we feel that we - the privileged - deserve it. And when those who we perceive as oppressors make a deadly mistake, we immediately condemn it. We fear that it reflects on our own complicity.

And this makes us feel good. It makes us feel reassured. So we seek out the simplicity of a black-and-white binary. Oppressor/oppressed. Victim/villain. It's all quite simple. Just go to the movies, it's how they all work.

But no, it isn't how they all work. Some movies, like "Dune", try to paint a more complex picture. And they usually fail, much like, I think, "Dune" fails (it's a great film, it just fails to accomplish what Villeneuve sought to accomplish). Real life, too, is much more complex than the binary allows. Israel has great military might, but is also hobbled by its own moral compass (if Israel were any other Arab country, Gaza would have been a parking lot by November 1). The Palestinians are terribly oppressed victims of a geopolitical chess game that they have no power to control, but are also bloodthirsty zealots who cheer for (and let's not forget - vote for) the rape and murder of their enemies. Many Israelis came from other parts of the world - or, their parents or grandparents did - but Jews are also indigenous to (only) the land of Israel. Palestinians are a 20th century invention of the Nazi-aligned Arab world to create a pressure point against British colonial rule in the Middle East, and they're also the lived and fully realized identity of millions of people who were born in a narrow sliver of land, and who are not welcome elsewhere in the Arab world.

The complexities, contradictions and intricacies of all of this can go on and on. But none of that makes a compelling emotional case. No one wants to be lectured to about how nuanced the situation is. They want a simple, black-and-white story, and they'll hear that story, regardless of how you tell it. Just ask Frank Herbert. Ask Denis Villeneuve.

Will I start writing again? I suppose I just did. But I'll be honest, I'm disheartened. It all feels like shouting into the wind.”

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Israeli acquaintance shared this post. I’d really like to hear perspectives on it. I’m very much against Israel’s actions and want to push back tactfully.

Tell them to continue not writing because they are completely poo poo at it and especially not try and compare the movie or novel Dune to the endless list of war crimes committed by their country since its inception as it is so loving stupid it makes me wish I could use all three of my wishes from a genie to go back and not have read it.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
"Where is the complexity in killing people trying to get food and then lying about it" if you don't want to be tactful and, to be honest, I am unsure if you should be. Especially considering that they are saying that Native people are "better off" being part of colonial states which is essential genocide apologia.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

AlliedBiscuit posted:

i would start by asking if they're joking

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

AlliedBiscuit posted:

It seems...well-meaning, I guess. But also twisting itself into knots to avoid singling out any of the perpetrators and enablers of the current slaughter. And tripping on a lot of racist, horrible trope in doing so.

It starts with "Hey, it's not like we're -white-, you know", hops onto "Palestinians aren't really a people, just opportunists!", wanks itself raw in the 'hey, colonialosm actually benefitted EVERYONE if you think about it', and then shits itself into a big conclusion of IT'S COMPLICATED ALRIGHT

Also, I burst out laughing when he had the balls to deploy World Most Moral Army fare in this stage of the game.

quote:

Israel has great military might, but is also hobbled by its own moral compass (if Israel were any other Arab country, Gaza would have been a parking lot by November 1).

Yeah, so unfair you can't turn your open-air prison into an open-air death camp, dude. My heart just bleeds for you here.

Sephyr fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 2, 2024

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

It's really twisted, giving scraps to the people you're helping to starve. It makes Biden seem even more inhuman to me. The depravity just keeps getting deeper.

If your response to an increase in aid is to get angrier you should probably reassess your thinking.

Neurolimal posted:

Retired US diplomat:

This, on the other hand, has effort, communication, and as a bonus is correct. In a vacuum, the humanitarian aid parts of the Biden admin going "well we can use our massive if inefficient airfleet as a stopgap, and maybe start landing aid by sea and dare the blockading army to sink our ships again" is a perfectly reasonable solution to a logistical problem. When the blockading army is a nominal ally, it's bonkers.

Smallish amounts of aid drops have started: https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-gaza-airdrop-humanitarian-assistance-f8bc071193f89906abf21478bc70a084

quote:

Three planes from Air Forces Central dropped 66 bundles containing about 38,000 meals into Gaza at 8:30 a.m. EST, according to two of the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity before a public announcement

If it's just a matter of plane capacity, we can (probably) field enough to prevent Gaza from starving. 38k meals is not that amount.

USAID has a particular subsection on the Gaza invasion, as they should, which starts on Oct 14. Their most recent post is a presser but a lengthy presser by the agency head on Feb 29 where she's Not Happy with Israel's blockade. Israel doing a massacre at an aid convoy while she was in Israel probably didn't help.

https://www.usaid.gov/usaid-response-wbg

https://www.usaid.gov/news-informat...l-and-west-bank

sample, but the whole thing's worth reading imo to get a look at the "maybe israel's the baddies" faction of the Biden admin:

quote:

. And I want to begin today by addressing terrible reports that we have just seen of Gazan civilians being killed while trying to get desperately urgently needed food to feed themselves and their loved ones. The humanitarian situation in Gaza is catastrophic.

Over the last few days, I've had the chance to spend time with humanitarian workers who have just come out of Gaza, with people whose family members are in Gaza. And the reports that I'm hearing from colleagues, many of whom I've worked with over many, several decades now – in working in the humanitarian sphere – the reports of the situation on the ground are among the worst that I have heard about in my career.

Water is so scarce that some people in Gaza are resorting to drinking saltwater. Food has been so scarce that some have resorted to cooking with animal feed and weeds. In the last week, after months of U.S. diplomacy to try to increase the flow of humanitarian assistance into Gaza, the average number of trucks getting in has been just 96. 96 trucks for a population of more than two million people. That is a fraction of what is needed. People are so desperate to feed their hungry – starving, in some cases – children. And we know from all over the world that when demand – for food, for water, for medicine – when demand so outpaces supply, we see desperation and we see chaos. And that is precisely why throughout my time here in the region, I have stressed again and again, the pain and desperation that Gazans are feeling and that it is absolutely essential that we dramatically increase the flow of assistance of humanitarian aid into Gaza, particularly to the north.

And I want to be clear, this is not about increasing the number of trucks by five, by ten a day, it is about flooding the zone, about surging vast quantities of food, medicine, and shelter to the people who need it. It is about a sustained humanitarian pipeline, pipelines that reach civilians in desperate and growing need.

As you've heard over these last months, every conversation that I, that Secretary Blinken, that President Biden, that all U.S. officials have had with our counterparts have stressed the importance of addressing this growing humanitarian crisis in Gaza. Israel must open new crossing points into Gaza, must ease customs restrictions that have commodities – like flour that could be reaching people in need, that could be increasing the amount of food available to civilians inside Gaza – sitting in ports, unable to clear customs. And I’ll come back to this – it is essential that the parties come together urgently to agree to an extended humanitarian pause in which assistance can flow into Gaza at scale and Israeli hostages, of course, can be reunited with their loved ones.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Google Jeb Bush posted:

If your response to an increase in aid is to get angrier you should probably reassess your thinking.

I find it hard to feel anger, I mostly just feel deeply saddened and helpless by this whole situation. However it absolutely should make you angry that the country which has complete power to end this genocide and instead chooses to aid it, is now giving tiny scraps to the people they are actively working to starve, as a PR move for credulous American liberals.

It makes it easier for those people to not feel like the people they support are responsible for genocide. Any goodwill to the Biden admin for dropping food aid is drowned a hundred thousand times in the blood of the children they are helping to slaughter, and so the net outcome is simply to wish swift justice upon them and all who are complicit in this atrocity.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
The scraps that America air dropped today amount to feeding about 1.5% of Gaza a single meal. There were 38,000 meals for 2.5M people. This is assuming all the food is found and distributed, which is very unlikely.

I think it's reasonable to be mad at that.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

AlliedBiscuit posted:

I'd ask how long ago an ancestral linkage to a place can be to still allow the descendants to "re-"colonize it.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
https://twitter.com/DmodosCutter/status/1764019758482002260

It’s hard to feel good about this when they can’t even bother to provide food that isn’t spoiled.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

AlliedBiscuit posted:

“The Palestinians, who were not a distinct ethnic group until it was politically convenient to turn them into one, are shoehorned into the category of 'colonized', even though this doesn't reflect their actual circumstances, either. In fact, Arabs in the region were a colonial power that was successful for a very long time, to the point that they don't feel like colonists anymore (the way that, say, Americans of British descent don't feel like colonists anymore). [I want to acknowledge here that Palestinians ARE a distinct group now”

It’s useless Zionist tripe

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nucleic Acids posted:

https://twitter.com/DmodosCutter/status/1764019758482002260

It’s hard to feel good about this when they can’t even bother to provide food that isn’t spoiled.

What's the source? I can't make out the expiration date or the TG channel.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Google Jeb Bush posted:

Are they supplying more by air than land? By how much?

Avren
Jul 25, 2004
This is my custom title.
Looks like https://t.me/baytlahya2015/40468 maybe? (Though with 0 Arabic not sure how much additional context that adds.)

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

AlliedBiscuit posted:

:sever:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
AP is reporting the first round was 38,000 meals.

More civilians have been killed than that.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-gaza-airdrop-humanitarian-assistance-f8bc071193f89906abf21478bc70a084

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Google Jeb Bush posted:

Sure if you ignore that this paltry action is in lieu of anything substantial, meanwhile the US government continues providing Israel with significant military assistance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Sephyr posted:

Also, I burst out laughing when he had the balls to deploy World Most Moral Army fare in this stage of the game.

Yeah, so unfair you can't turn your open-air prison into an open-air death camp, dude. My heart just bleeds for you here.

Yeah, that was the part that REALLY made me pissed.

Unfortunately this person could probably gently caress with my career if I pissed them off. Too many mutual friends and colleagues. But I really want to have an actual honest discussion with them that I know won’t happen.