Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Knightsoul posted:

Yeah, it could be since I only play online.
And I can assure you it's not a matter of skill cooldown or me moving around......

Yeah, for me it was hitting the escape button to bring up the menu to leave the game. I had to hit it twice. I wouldn't think that menu would be tied to just online play, but who really knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

A Moose posted:

How does that talent even work? It less than doubles the cost, but somehow makes it cost 4x more? is it also doubling the cost of each chaos bolt from it?

also, is there a way to buy or farm glyphs of hope?

It less than doubles the fissure cast cost, but the now double sized fissure will cast 2x the chaos bolts so you'll be losing mana from those 2x as fast. If you are fully specced into the chaos bolts for both frequency and number of bolts, the mana drain is pretty incredible, so you'll need to adjust your number of points into those nodes until you have enough mana and mana regen to handle it.

I have 293 mana pool and 27/second regen. I'm at 4/5 on spirit frequency and 3/3 on chaos bolt chance with a double rift. I am fully specced into the efficiency node for fissure for -12 mana cost and 18% mana refunded. I have -3 spell cost on my wand.

On my chaos bolts, I have 2/2 in devour the damned which gives me 2 mana per cursed target hit (and everything is cursed, all the time).

My Spirit Plague has 2/2 in defilement for 6 mana on kill - this is so minor I should probably use those points elsewhere as I only use this on tough single targets.

Passives:
Lich - 10/10 in Apocrypha for 20% mana regen.
Warlock - 5/8 in Soul Stealer for 20% mana regen.
Warlock - 5/8 in Occultists Mind for +1 mana per intelligence

With all of this, I am nearly constantly near the bottom of my mana bubble, and often go negative, but I am almost never unable to cast fissure when the current one runs out of duration as the mana recovery from the Chaos bolts and mana refunded from Fissure itself restores my mana incredibly fast, the more targets being hit the faster I recover (or slower I drain). I can't honestly remember a single time of going 'oh poo poo, no mana' that was more than about a second maybe? Just make sure to hit every skill node in fissure and chaos bolts that gives you mana back or reduces mana cost, and take all the passives you can find for mana recovery, and of course look for mana recovery on gear. Mana pool helps also, but recovery IMO is more important than flat mana.

For glyphs of hope, in monoliths there are 'glyph' echos that drop nothing but glyphs in the end reward. Also just pick up every single crafting pile that drops and you should end up with plenty of hope glyphs, although they are definitely something that I am always low on with only a single character in this cycle. Eventually if it's like pre-release you'll have hundreds of the things in your forge.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Suburban Dad posted:

I like the game a whole lot but there are some gripes for sure. My biggest issue is that aerial assault gets stuck sometimes in the first use in random monoliths. I can't move until I use that skill again. Hasn't killed me yet somehow but would be bad for hc. The memory leaks aren't great either for nonstop monoliths where fps starts to dip into the 20s and 30s. Otherwise I like the endgame but after doing empowered monos for a bit I'm not sure what else I should do. There's plenty more room to better my character and push higher but this is about where I burnout for most seasonal stuff. Upgrades are few and far between and progression drops off like a rock. I think I'm high 80s or low 90s at this point.

The vast majority of my pre-release characters never made it past the mid 80's and I think only 3 pushed past 90. I enjoy the progression of the leveling process but like you, I kinda burn out when it gets time to 'grind' for the end game. IMO this isn't a big problem as I just start a new character and play that fast and fun leveling process again on a completely different build. I might level up 3 or 4 characters and then put the game aside for a few months before I get the itch and come back and do it again.

I played PoE the same way/

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

zoux posted:

Unspec double fissure
:hmmyes:
Yeah I'm doing a "skeleton mages explode my skeleton warriors" build and have Exploding Zombie too since it can happen automatically when a minion dies, and I had to un-spec the node in zombie that has a chance of summon a vanguard when they die, since that could then get exploded, and have a chance to summon another exploding zombie, which summons another vanguard, and since I still have to pay for the zombies now I'm deep in negative and can't cast my warriors anymore.

Sometimes you need to not take the big fancy "more stuff happens" node because it'll run you dry on mana. Especially since most "do more than one of it per cast" nodes make your mana efficiency worse.

Hm, I should try getting the vanguard on zombie death node again now that I've maxed the "mana when skeleton warriors die" node.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

After taking a warlock, necro, and falconer to empowered monos, I was in the mood for something different and made a Rive/Healing Hands paladin. So far it's a blast, currently level 62 and working through the level 75 timeline. Having a stash full of uniques and purples definitely makes leveling alts smoother.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Knightsoul posted:

It's not just you: my warlock Chthonic Fissure doesn't fire half the time I press the button.
I think the Devs should look into this matter as quick as possible since it's a very critical matter for player enjoyment.

Yeah I get this a lot and it’s really annoying because I open every fight with two curses and I have to deliberately slow myself down. You can even see the button graphic trigger but the spell does not.

Diablo 4 does the same thing. Maybe it’s a networking issue?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The Locator posted:

The vast majority of my pre-release characters never made it past the mid 80's and I think only 3 pushed past 90. I enjoy the progression of the leveling process but like you, I kinda burn out when it gets time to 'grind' for the end game. IMO this isn't a big problem as I just start a new character and play that fast and fun leveling process again on a completely different build. I might level up 3 or 4 characters and then put the game aside for a few months before I get the itch and come back and do it again.

Yea I have this issue with every ARPG.

New skills, new skill points, exciting passive nodes oh boy.

And then 85+ largely just becomes, "I need this gear but with more Life on it" and I really lose interest. Did like 3 Monos on my ~87 Falconer yesterday and logged off.

Started a Beast Master alt but just not super feeling it. The wolves take a while to get going.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

The Locator posted:

This is how I play every ARPG too. I love messing around with new skills and characters, but once I've put all the pieces together and it's just "make number go up" I quickly get the itch to try something new or move on to another game.

Weirdly, the only exception was Chronicon. It's pretty Diablo 3-ish, very set-based, but you can add extra effects onto the sets, which makes it feel like I'm doing more customizing. It has a very fast gameplay loop too, which helps.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

The Locator posted:

It less than doubles the fissure cast cost, but the now double sized fissure will cast 2x the chaos bolts so you'll be losing mana from those 2x as fast. If you are fully specced into the chaos bolts for both frequency and number of bolts, the mana drain is pretty incredible, so you'll need to adjust your number of points into those nodes until you have enough mana and mana regen to handle it.

I have 293 mana pool and 27/second regen. I'm at 4/5 on spirit frequency and 3/3 on chaos bolt chance with a double rift. I am fully specced into the efficiency node for fissure for -12 mana cost and 18% mana refunded. I have -3 spell cost on my wand.

On my chaos bolts, I have 2/2 in devour the damned which gives me 2 mana per cursed target hit (and everything is cursed, all the time).

My Spirit Plague has 2/2 in defilement for 6 mana on kill - this is so minor I should probably use those points elsewhere as I only use this on tough single targets.

Passives:
Lich - 10/10 in Apocrypha for 20% mana regen.
Warlock - 5/8 in Soul Stealer for 20% mana regen.
Warlock - 5/8 in Occultists Mind for +1 mana per intelligence

With all of this, I am nearly constantly near the bottom of my mana bubble, and often go negative, but I am almost never unable to cast fissure when the current one runs out of duration as the mana recovery from the Chaos bolts and mana refunded from Fissure itself restores my mana incredibly fast, the more targets being hit the faster I recover (or slower I drain). I can't honestly remember a single time of going 'oh poo poo, no mana' that was more than about a second maybe? Just make sure to hit every skill node in fissure and chaos bolts that gives you mana back or reduces mana cost, and take all the passives you can find for mana recovery, and of course look for mana recovery on gear. Mana pool helps also, but recovery IMO is more important than flat mana.

For glyphs of hope, in monoliths there are 'glyph' echos that drop nothing but glyphs in the end reward. Also just pick up every single crafting pile that drops and you should end up with plenty of hope glyphs, although they are definitely something that I am always low on with only a single character in this cycle. Eventually if it's like pre-release you'll have hundreds of the things in your forge.

Thanks! This is the leveling guide I've been following until now https://maxroll.gg/last-epoch/build-guides/warlock-leveling-guide

Does the 6 mana from Spirit Plague JUST happen when Spirit Plague gets the killing blow, or is it whenever something with Spirit Plague on it dies?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How do we feel about "traveler"

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I get the fissure thing in that it feels bad to forsake MOAR DAMAGE AND EXPLOSIONS for something as grubby as mana concerns.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

zoux posted:

I’m a-OK with it. We are time travelers after all.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Wuxi posted:

If you want an absolutely broken melee build that facetanks the entire game then you should absolutely play Healing Hands Paladin right now (because its 100% going to get nerfed next Cycle)

You use Rive or Vengeance to proc Healing Hands (which is also a melee attack thanks to a node on the skills tree) and then generate insane amounts of ward simply by attacking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az6D9_pYpGE
So I was all set to do a warpath void knight after it was suggested to me yesterday but did check out this video and, while leveling to unlock masteries, my natural tendencies kinda just led me to doing this build instead and it's unbelievably fun and effective. I could definitely see it getting nerfed but even if healing hands was toned down a bit, maybe a short cooldown or a damage reduction or something, I think it would still work really well.

I found a similar build - https://www.lastepochtools.com/build-guides/melee-crit-healing-hands-paladin - that I've been half following mostly for passives. Not 100% sure I want to turn void cleave into my main movement skill cause lunge has been really good so far, feels like a D3 raekor's build, so I might just keep going with what feels right.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

So I was all set to do a warpath void knight after it was suggested to me yesterday but did check out this video and, while leveling to unlock masteries, my natural tendencies kinda just led me to doing this build instead and it's unbelievably fun and effective. I could definitely see it getting nerfed but even if healing hands was toned down a bit, maybe a short cooldown or a damage reduction or something, I think it would still work really well.

I found a similar build - https://www.lastepochtools.com/build-guides/melee-crit-healing-hands-paladin - that I've been half following mostly for passives. Not 100% sure I want to turn void cleave into my main movement skill cause lunge has been really good so far, feels like a D3 raekor's build, so I might just keep going with what feels right.

My build is now very similar to that last one and it is really fun. Mana management feels a little tough, but with a decently crafted weapon the killing is fast and visceral. Having more fun with it than my Falconer.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
The main weakness of Lunge is that it has to target an enemy (or breakable box), so it slows you down a lot if you have to backtrack or are just in a low-density area.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Void Cleave can just target the air, so while it may not go as far or as fast (I haven't messed around with it to say), its more versatile, and the build you linked uses it for some useful buffs besides. You can probably also use it to dodge boss attacks, which will be mostly impossible with Lunge.

But the most important part, as you say, is to use what feels right.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Lunge is my friend, the mob density in empowereds is just enough to zip around packs while my void smite hammers wipe em up.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

who knew eurojank last airbender would be so good!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Can I assume that all uniques in the game can be found in the wild as long as you’re playing at the minimum level required for them to drop? Or are there certain tiers of legendaries that can only be found at the “empowered” tier of monoliths? Also when you crush an exalted item in the temporal forge, do any of its affixes matter?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I had this beauty drop, anybody playing a fun bow build that's good to recommend pairing it with?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

zoux posted:

As long as Paimon doesn't show up, we're good.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Multiplayer really needs some tlc. Buddy and I were playing and when he shapeshifts as a druid he turns invisible and is just a floating name. When I can see him, sometimes he just floats with no animations going. He doesn't even see himself, either. When we zone into a new area sometimes we can't even see the mobs. Thankfully my minions can and clear them all out. Sending invites dont show up until you do it a few times. It's playable, but they gotta get this fixed up.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Tonetta posted:

I had this beauty drop, anybody playing a fun bow build that's good to recommend pairing it with?

I've only played falconer, but I'd say marksman of some flavor.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I've been playing exclusively online since 1.0. Aside from connection issues in the first few days and very occasional rubberbanding of other players in town, I've had none of the other problems mentioned here.

I'm not denying these problems are real, but they don't seem to be consistently affecting everyone. Maybe it depends on realm or current player count.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Tonetta posted:

Those are the top 2 stats you want on your legendary Falconer weapon.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

exquisite tea posted:

Can I assume that all uniques in the game can be found in the wild as long as you’re playing at the minimum level required for them to drop? Or are there certain tiers of legendaries that can only be found at the “empowered” tier of monoliths? Also when you crush an exalted item in the temporal forge, do any of its affixes matter?

Depends on what you mean by in the wild, I suppose. There are boss-specific drops, similar to Grim Dawn's MIs, as well as rewards you can only get from specific chests or quests in the campaign like Avarice. The chest/quest rewards are guaranteed, the boss drops are chance to drop (33% or 50%, I think?) from their particular end-of-monolith boss. I don't think there's anything that's strictly empowered only and you just increase your LP odds by doing stuff at a higher level, but I am not certain of that.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

most of the uniques in game are in the natural drop pool, but every monolith boss has a unique or set item that will only drop if you kill their empowered version, and dungeons work on tiers; all the dungeon bosses have four uniques, but certain ones will only drop as you move up the dungeon tier scale until level 4 where everything is in the pool

exalted affixes will just always guarantee a return of +1 of the t6+ stat if you shatter the equipment instead of having a chance to whiff entirely I believe but dont quote me on that one

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I hope we get more Weaver's Will items. Leveling them is fun imo.

Also, LP is one of the better ideas in these games I think. I wish there were more ways of actually using the LP, but hunting for it and its ability to boost up otherwise kinda lowly uniques is cool as hell.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Anno posted:

I hope we get more Weaver's Will items. Leveling them is fun imo.

Also, LP is one of the better ideas in these games I think. I wish there were more ways of actually using the LP, but hunting for it and its ability to boost up otherwise kinda lowly uniques is cool as hell.

100% weaver's is a great mechanic. It is annoying to watch your item slowly brick itself though lol. One day one will roll with good affixes. Maybe.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Suburban Dad posted:

100% weaver's is a great mechanic. It is annoying to watch your item slowly brick itself though lol. One day one will roll with good affixes. Maybe.

It’s like a late game thing that still progresses kinda quickly once all your other options for quickly progressing have run out. Like so many parts of the game it’s just a great idea. Hitting a 28WW and getting some bullshit affixes will be soul crushing though lol

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

A Moose posted:

Thanks! This is the leveling guide I've been following until now https://maxroll.gg/last-epoch/build-guides/warlock-leveling-guide

Does the 6 mana from Spirit Plague JUST happen when Spirit Plague gets the killing blow, or is it whenever something with Spirit Plague on it dies?

My assumption from the wording is that it's when Spirit Plague kills something - "You gain mana when Spirit Plague kills an enemy" Mana Gain on Kill +6.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
They should put weaver's will on set items, maybe I'd actually look at any of them then.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

bamhand posted:

Those are the top 2 stats you want on your legendary Falconer weapon.

I was under the impression that falconers were using swords? if bow works I guess I'll be rolling a falconer lol

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

LibrarianCroaker posted:

They should put weaver's will on set items, maybe I'd actually look at any of them then.

I was watching a dev stream yesterday and the guy said they're working on a system to make set items more desirable, but it won't be just smashing LP or Weaver's Will on them.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Falconers can use a wide variety of weapons depending on the build. And honestly falconer can get to the point of oneshotting everything regardless of your weapon type atm.

I swear the Weaver's Will system was changed at some point and it now seems to level affixes to 5-7 faster or more frequently than it used to, but I'm honestly not sure. I just remember when I got the WW items a year or two ago, they'd tend to get 4 level 1 affixes pretty quickly which could be nice sometimes if they were either a really good combo or really bad, but now it seems like they tend to end up stronger overall.

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Couple of questions about Factions:

Is rank progress shared across characters that join the same faction?

I joined the Circle of Fortune with my first max character, can I stash items obtained from the prophecies stuff and then share them with my Merchant's Guild characters?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Tonetta posted:

I was under the impression that falconers were using swords? if bow works I guess I'll be rolling a falconer lol

Shadowdaggers uses sword/dagger. Dive Bomb uses the bow that makes your bird angrier when you crit.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Items that you buy from the bazaar will have a rank requirement, so a CoF character can't equip them. Likewise the other way, with items that dropped because of CoF perks or prophecies

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Issakhar posted:

Couple of questions about Factions:

Is rank progress shared across characters that join the same faction?

I joined the Circle of Fortune with my first max character, can I stash items obtained from the prophecies stuff and then share them with my Merchant's Guild characters?

Rank progress is shared across characters, yes. Any alts you make can join either faction when they are in the level 3 Keepers Camp town. They will won't be able to visit the Observatory or Bazaar until Act 9 but they can benefit from the faction perks in the mean time. And if you use a Temporal Sanctum key and complete it, you can exit the dungeon into Act 9 to save time and skip some acts.

Because of the faction levels requiring vastly more favor at each rank, alts really don't progress your levels very much once you're at level 6+. At that point you basically need to be running corrupted monoliths or spending a lot of gold and favor buying/selling things to level up efficiently.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Suprfli6 posted:

I swear the Weaver's Will system was changed at some point and it now seems to level affixes to 5-7 faster or more frequently than it used to, but I'm honestly not sure. I just remember when I got the WW items a year or two ago, they'd tend to get 4 level 1 affixes pretty quickly which could be nice sometimes if they were either a really good combo or really bad, but now it seems like they tend to end up stronger overall.

Weaver's Will has always been 75% chance to improve an existing affix and 25% chance to add a new one. Another non-obvious thing is that the relics have an increased chance to roll class affixes. And the upgrade mechanic is triggered by killing enemies but has a very low chance and a 15 second internal cooldown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

gnoma posted:

Weaver's Will has always been 75% chance to improve an existing affix and 25% chance to add a new one. Another non-obvious thing is that the relics have an increased chance to roll class affixes. And the upgrade mechanic is triggered by killing enemies but has a very low chance and a 15 second internal cooldown.

Maybe I had poor RNG in early access or have had good RNG in 1.0 then, but the WW items definitely seem better than I remember them.