Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)
If anyone cares Amazon put up the pre-order for the soundtrack. 97 bux for the 8 disc deluxe version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I don't know why amazon's prices for these soundtracks are so much higher than the official Square store. It's a 68 dollar pre-order there. Remake's soundtrack is 75. That's assuming you're a freak like me and wants to have the cds. The MP3 download is 15 on amazon.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Fort Condor owns

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Petition to rename the game to Yuffie Souls VII

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
oh my loving god, costa del sol

that split-second crack in Red’s voice at the beach, he’s been doing a bit this entire time

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Only up to the Junon region so far but I can already tell this is the kind of game that I'm going to love for reasons other people hate it lol

It's hard to articulate but, like, you know those slow-rear end mako vacuums from the flashback? I like that kind of thing. I like the texture that kind of friction adds sometimes. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. This game is full of weird little things like that which some people are going to see as "wasting their time" but for me is just adding a little bit more texture to the whole experience.

And the abundance of dumb minigames? I'm a Breath of Fire guy. No amount of required minigames can faze me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

oh my loving god, costa del sol

that split-second crack in Red’s voice at the beach, he’s been doing a bit this entire time

Outside of the obvious bit one of my favorite moments is where he is told he can't compete in the card game and he *instantly* shifts to "I WANT TO SEE YOUR MANAGER!"

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Harrow posted:

And the abundance of dumb minigames? I'm a Breath of Fire guy. No amount of required minigames can faze me.

Hell yeah. If there's a town-building minigame I'll be so hyped

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

Outside of the obvious bit one of my favorite moments is where he is told he can't compete in the card game and he *instantly* shifts to "I WANT TO SEE YOUR MANAGER!"

Speaking of that moment,

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
So I apparently messed up one of the first side quests by picking the wrong flowers for the crown. Does this actually matter in some way?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Arkage posted:

So I apparently messed up one of the first side quests by picking the wrong flowers for the crown. Does this actually matter in some way?

I think what actions you choose during side-quests affects how many affection points you get from the person who accompanies you on said quest.

I am definitely treating certain party members better than others lol

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

HD DAD posted:

I think what actions you choose during side-quests affects how many affection points you get from the person who accompanies you on said quest.

I am definitely treating certain party members better than others lol

This makes me wonder how the game is going to let you redo certain story beats that may require different affection levels for trophies. Like, replaying the same chapter to get different outcomes only really works if you can actually pick different outcomes via affection levels?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arkage posted:

This makes me wonder how the game is going to let you redo certain story beats that may require different affection levels for trophies. Like, replaying the same chapter to get different outcomes only really works if you can actually pick different outcomes via affection levels?

You can choose if sidequests are done or not. Once you get an affection bonus it is permanent. For the things that have different outcomes for affection you actually can pick from a menu who is chosen once you finish the game once.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Entering chapter 9 and yuffie is the goddamn worst jesus christ

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The physics in this game are so funny sometimes the way things just start breaking and flying everywhere if you're running when you enter like... someone's front porch or whatever. Just instantly broken pots and chairs everywhere, utter homewrecking on display lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Taima posted:

The physics in this game are so funny sometimes the way things just start breaking and flying everywhere if you're running when you enter like... someone's front porch or whatever. Just instantly broken pots and chairs everywhere, utter homewrecking on display lol

It's all the Whisper's fault.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Post Gold-Saucer spoiler (kinda, it's a background detail)

This made me cackle

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

It's all the Whisper's fault.

Haha 100%.

By the way how important is Steal materia in this game? Should I be stealing from everyone? Just bosses?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
"Eat dick, lactic acid!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Taima posted:

Haha 100%.

By the way how important is Steal materia in this game? Should I be stealing from everyone? Just bosses?

It's not super important. Generally it's the easiest way to get certain crafting materials until you can just buy them from a shop, and there's one specific sidequest which requires you to have it to get a good ranking, but that's about it. If you do use it Yuffie is the only one to bother with it on since she gets skills that increase her success rate and give her buffs when she steals. There's no weapons hidden behind it like in Remake. It and Morph are basically just ways to get the various armor crafting materials without random drops/waiting for store unlocks.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

How long will the Knights of the Round summon cutscene be?

that reminds me, summons are unlocked in the remake by beating them in boss battles. Are we gonna have to fight KotR? :stare:

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Okay, Queen's Blood is the most impressive card game for FF since Triple Triad. There's a lot more granularity this time with balancing cost, board control, and special abilities. The card's with great abilities either have wonky tile effects or hard to cast.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

There's no weapons hidden behind it like in Remake. It and Morph are basically just ways to get the various armor crafting materials without random drops/waiting for store unlocks.

Ok this is exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you my friend!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

experimenting with synergy skills while running around the Junon area and I'm surprised with the sheer amount of damage some do. the charged attacks combinations of Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith can do are capable of ridiculous damage, even compared to things you use ATB gauges on

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Taima posted:

Cloud just loving wrecking up the boardwalk on his Segway

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

grieving for Gandalf posted:

experimenting with synergy skills while running around the Junon area and I'm surprised with the sheer amount of damage some do. the charged attacks combinations of Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith can do are capable of ridiculous damage, even compared to things you use ATB gauges on

Aerith’s charge attack synergy skills is a game changer, it almost completely fills both characters’ ATB bars

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

The test only works once then they're permanently bound to your account, if you just start a new game they'll be in the dlc section on the menu.

When should I be able to see them in inventory?

Made it through chapter one and this is what I have

https://imgur.com/a/S3SOJEr

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Have you actually gone to the DLC menu, under System, and picked them up?

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

In the Menu there is a section for DLC near the bottom. You need to go there and claim it. So: be in game. Press triangle. Go to DLC.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

e: nvm

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

.Ataraxia. posted:

In the Menu there is a section for DLC near the bottom. You need to go there and claim it. So: be in game. Press triangle. Go to DLC.

Ahhhh gotcha! Thanks!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gold Saucer intro is loving incredible

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I'm only like 5 or 6 hours into this game but THIS feels like the ff7 remake. gently caress. Is it this good the whole way? sheesh

The first one I enjoyed a ton but this is the real poo poo

The minute I got the chocobo and the rap chocobo theme started playing I was like, this is it. FF7 Remake walked so Rebirth could run :cheers:

Taima fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 2, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Yeah, the Charge attacks hit like a loving brick, their only big downside is the long chargeup time which means you'll probably eat damage during it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

History Comes Inside! posted:

Gold Saucer intro is loving incredible
It's probably the most impressive looking area I've seen in a video game in a long time (aside from Alan Wake 2, of course).

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lol how in the loving hell are you supposed to 'Prevent enemies from taking flight when using Soothing Breeze'. poo poo is impossible.

Edit: complaining about it on the internet did the trick

Frankston fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 2, 2024

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Oxxidation posted:

i used the fourth board, base defense or whatever it was called, with cloud and tifa as the heroes and set down ballistae at the two chokepoints while blitzing the other side of the map with everything i had. there's still an element of luck in how fast you get to gilgamesh before he can overwhelm you with his specialty units, but the ballistae help chip away at invaders and distract them if they get past your units. once everything converged on greg i summoned another ballista right across from him, along with two clerics and more ranged units. the clerics kept all my melee characters alive while the ranged stayed far enough away so they wouldn't get caught in his Stop spell

This is the strat that work for me for the Chapter 2 protorelic.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The secret Fort Condor strat is simply to use more siege weapons

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I'm actually enjoying the ubisoft style open world busy work. I think the big difference is that if you have to fight you're fighting something different every time unlike yet another base to liberate. And the other mission types give decent lore dumps for the effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Augus posted:

that reminds me, summons are unlocked in the remake by beating them in boss battles. Are we gonna have to fight KotR? :stare:

Not only are we going to fight them, but it will be revealed that they were the original heroes who sealed away Jenova