Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Emf I shudder at the thought of whatever softcore foot paddling videos youre editing for a living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Am I having a stroke or did they not literally do a video package for the Jericho/Atlantis match and also do one for Jun Akiyama last week.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Am I having a stroke or did they literally not do a video package for the Jericho/Atlantis match and also do one for Jun Akiyama last week.

They did in fact do both.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Emf I shudder at the thought of whatever softcore foot paddling videos youre editing for a living.

That King of the Hill where Peggy gets a job for having big ol Jim Henson Workshop feet…not far off

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They also do these packages a lot on youtube, where they're not time limited. In the time it takes the worst people to peck out a complaint on the internet, they could find and watch those.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

MJeff posted:

Am I having a stroke or did they not literally do a video package for the Jericho/Atlantis match and also do one for Jun Akiyama last week.

yeah but why can't they download the entire backstory and body of work into my brain every time someone I don't recognize is on TV?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i get really scared when i see someone i don't know. it's not worth it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Did they tape Dynamite, Rampage and Collision all in one go on Wednesday?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Did they tape Dynamite, Rampage and Collision all in one go on Wednesday?

They taped Rampage after Collision last Saturday.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Goblin Queen posted:

yeah but why can't they download the entire backstory and body of work into my brain every time someone I don't recognize is on TV?

To be fair I don't think any amount of information would have made that Jericho/Atlantis match good.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

The people complaining weren't complaining about the match quality

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's why the Olympics are mostly video packages about the athletes

No, it's packages about 1/3 of the athletes, which often don't include the top athletes and usually only include the nation that produces the broadcast

poo poo like this is actually why I never enjoyed American Ninja Warrior. I don't care nearly as much about who has the biggest comeback/marketable story as who is excelling at the event.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

The Taxman posted:

No, it's packages about 1/3 of the athletes, which often don't include the top athletes and usually only include the nation that produces the broadcast

poo poo like this is actually why I never enjoyed American Ninja Warrior. I don't care nearly as much about who has the biggest comeback/marketable story as who is excelling at the event.

I watched a season of ANW three or four years ago and every episode filled with those packages and being TWO hours long made it into a brutal slog. So much fluff compared to the Japanese version.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Every ANW video package is like "my 3-year-old daughter died of cancer, and in her final breaths she told me to go fulfill my dream of being a Ninja Warrior, and that's why I carry her ashes in my necklace so she's always with me"

(falls on 2nd obstacle)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was able to obtain every season of ninja warrior that aired on g4 and its so drat good

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Goons are just awful.

Literally as bad as redditors.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

fart blood posted:

Goons are just awful.

go to reddit then

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

go to reddit then

Wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy, hosed up post imo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

fart blood posted:

Goons are just awful.

Brings me little pleasure to say this but they’re right

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Request another month off, this place isn’t healthy for you.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

go to reddit then

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

I watched a season of ANW three or four years ago and every episode filled with those packages and being TWO hours long made it into a brutal slog. So much fluff compared to the Japanese version.

Benne posted:

Every ANW video package is like "my 3-year-old daughter died of cancer, and in her final breaths she told me to go fulfill my dream of being a Ninja Warrior, and that's why I carry her ashes in my necklace so she's always with me"

(falls on 2nd obstacle)

That's the NBC production way, which assumes that the audience is swinging wildly from crying in inspirational tears to cheering madly and back every five minutes or so. It's ruined their Olympic coverage, made the Gladiators reboot unwatchable, that Gladiators show the Rock did was overproduced and unwatchable. It's garbage and I hate it.

Sometimes you don't need to know everything about someone who's going to be gone in fifteen seconds. Not everyone needs a mission or a movement or #TeamWhatever or #FartStrong. Let someone be a bum and move onto the next one.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

JUNGLE BOY posted:

go to reddit then

I’d rather shoot myself

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

yea ok posted:

Request another month off, this place isn’t healthy for you.

Shut your fat lovely mouth

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

God you’re worse than darkstar and his weird Asian woman fetish

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

we must all be the hell we wish to see

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Eat This Glob posted:

we must all be the hell we wish to see

Shut up

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Just shut the gently caress up all of you

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is Meltdown March a thing now

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Shut. Up.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Please take your unhinged drunken ramblings anywhere else but here. Nobody wants to see you like this.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

C. Everett Koop posted:

That's the NBC production way, which assumes that the audience is swinging wildly from crying in inspirational tears to cheering madly and back every five minutes or so. It's ruined their Olympic coverage, made the Gladiators reboot unwatchable, that Gladiators show the Rock did was overproduced and unwatchable. It's garbage and I hate it.

Sometimes you don't need to know everything about someone who's going to be gone in fifteen seconds. Not everyone needs a mission or a movement or #TeamWhatever or #FartStrong. Let someone be a bum and move onto the next one.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

yea ok posted:

Please take your unhinged drunken ramblings anywhere else but here. Nobody wants to see you like this.

gently caress you.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
You fat fucks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

C. Everett Koop posted:

It’s not an NBC thing, just TV in general. They recently relaunched Gladiators UK, which is an hour without commercials, but they have to talk to everyone after every little thing they do. At least they don’t cut out entire events like the NBC gladiators reboot did.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

fart blood posted:

You fat fucks

you are a terrible poster.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Shard posted:

you are a terrible poster.

Nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Benne posted:

(falls on 2nd obstacle)

Those moments almost made all the fluff worthwhile. AEW should do a 5 minute informative package on some random jobber and then have him get squashed by Wardlow in 20 seconds.