Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

nice

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bow wow

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
That's a good puggo

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
Thinking to stream but dopamine fiarly low.. considering copping a gym visit

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Maudib Arakkis posted:

nioce technique

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Spent the day rebuilding a chainsaw engine only to have the clutch and starter break, feeling it's going to be easier to just buy a new one

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

need to lift (wood)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

satanic splash-back posted:

need to lift (wood)

Real workout in nature's gym

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
i got a tiddy pump rn

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Maudib Arakkis posted:

do you workout longer than 10 minutes before shutting it down

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Have you had the debate of "Gym Strength V Man Strength*" in the chat thread?

*"Man Strength" can also apply to women, as can "Gym Strength".

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bradzilla posted:

do you workout longer than 10 minutes before shutting it down

bench press and bicep curl at light weight for 15-20 reps, nowhere near failure

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

redshirt posted:

Have you had the debate of "Gym Strength V Man Strength*" in the chat thread?

*"Man Strength" can also apply to women, as can "Gym Strength".

sounds like the same cope dumb people use when they say street smarts vs book smarts

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

sounds like the same cope dumb people use when they say street smarts vs book smarts

There's some truth to book v street smarts. But not as much as gym v man strength.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

it's just specificity bro. you get good at what you train

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

it's just specificity bro. you get good at what you train

True true. And I will posit anyone who trains to simply look good has no real strength. Even if they look strong.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

gymed today and some strong man was on the decline bench the whole time i was there. i wnated that bench but he was lifting heavy so i'll let it pass. next time imma ask to work in and try and lift the same as him and loving crush my neck

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Saalkin posted:

gymed today and some strong man was on the decline bench the whole time i was there. i wnated that bench but he was lifting heavy so i'll let it pass. next time imma ask to work in and try and lift the same as him and loving crush my neck

My man! What are you thinking of doing for cardio?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

redshirt posted:

My man! What are you thinking of doing for cardio?

i will start stair climbing once i'm maintained going to the gym as a habit again

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Doing cardio isn't very fun but I've always found the rowing machine is the most tolerable cardio to do at the gym

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Doing cardio isn't very fun but I've always found the rowing machine is the most tolerable cardio to do at the gym

I'd say elliptical/stair master, but your mileage will vary. I just added a rowing machine to the home gym and I've been enjoying using it, but it's a much harder cardio workout than the elliptical. Which by itself is a pretty great workout.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
the best cardio to do at the gym is to walk and get your keys, then drive home to walk, jog, run or bike around the neighborhood leisurely

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

redshirt posted:

There's some truth to book v street smarts. But not as much as gym v man strength.

Well there's def book dumb and street dumb.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

redshirt posted:

I'd say elliptical/stair master, but your mileage will vary. I just added a rowing machine to the home gym and I've been enjoying using it, but it's a much harder cardio workout than the elliptical. Which by itself is a pretty great workout.

Ah, yeah I had a college roommate that did crew so we used to take up the pair of rowing machines at the gym. I was never able to keep up though, poo poo is brutal

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Chief McHeath posted:

the best cardio to do at the gym is to walk and get your keys, then drive home to walk, jog, run or bike around the neighborhood leisurely

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Well there's def book dumb and street dumb.

Go on...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

For the record, here's my "Gym v Man Strength" pitch, and it all comes from the GAMESHOW Survivor.

Some dudes are on the show and they are cut, and they are ripped. And yet, when it comes time for physical challenges, they fail, over and over again.

Now some other dudes, strong, no doubt. But not cut, and not ripped. Maybe even chubby. Firefighters. Lobsterman. Hay harvesters. They dominate these physical challenges....

Gym Strength is about looking good. Man strength is about real strength, the strength to get stuff done.

And, this can apply to women very easily. Many women have real "man strength", they're tough as gently caress. Some lift to look tough.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

gotta do that cardio. simple as

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

redshirt posted:

For the record, here's my "Gym v Man Strength" pitch, and it all comes from the GAMESHOW Survivor.

Some dudes are on the show and they are cut, and they are ripped. And yet, when it comes time for physical challenges, they fail, over and over again.

Now some other dudes, strong, no doubt. But not cut, and not ripped. Maybe even chubby. Firefighters. Lobsterman. Hay harvesters. They dominate these physical challenges....

Gym Strength is about looking good. Man strength is about real strength, the strength to get stuff done.

And, this can apply to women very easily. Many women have real "man strength", they're tough as gently caress. Some lift to look tough.

Ive never heard an actual strong person care about this

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
loving GEEZ SOMETHING AWFUL HATES THEATRICAL DRAMA

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I only do calisthenics. I jog, do pushups, pullups, dips, squats. My body looks exactly as strong as it is. No false advertising here.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

satanic splash-back posted:

Ive never heard an actual strong person care about this

How many strong folks have you met?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

credburn posted:

I only do calisthenics. I jog, do pushups, pullups, dips, squats. My body looks exactly as strong as it is. No false advertising here.

What do you think about Planks?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i lift for functional, sport specific strength

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Climbing is a good reason to lift, specifically.

Himbos who are trying to get on a TV show..... not the same strength.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I only work out my right side as preparation for a long con in which I assume the character of Barty, trustworthy and physically incapable headshot victim.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

TrashMammal posted:

gotta do that cardio. simple as
bicycles only

oh its not a hard enough workout? just go faster. :colbert:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

I skate or die.

I think it's a Logan's Run sort a thing, idk

Adbot