Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

titty_baby_ posted:

trying my homemade weed tincture for the first time. Wish me luck
:nyan::c: Where you're going, we won't need luck - just any peace of body, mind, and soul you can bring that comes from speaking&listening from the heart!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yg008l761I

Buddykins posted:

mr president, sir, thank you

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

He creates art every day, when he speaks

kaleedity posted:

presidential statement or lyrics from louie louie
...we gotta go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
dementia donnie

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Lux Anima posted:

:nyan::c: Where you're going, we won't need luck - just any peace of body, mind, and soul you can bring that comes from speaking&listening from the heart!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yg008l761I

...we gotta go!
It didn't end up.being that strong. I took 4 doses today, upping it each time, and never felt particularly high. Dunno if it needs more time or I need to up the dose

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Thoatse posted:

buddykins can fix her

kentucky has it all

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

yeah I like dune

dune 2 popcorn buckets at the same time

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Avoid the graboid

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Thoatse posted:

buddykins can fix her

Mostly kids stuff, they're fine

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

she seems british

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

why did you gently caress the popcorn bucket

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

cataracts really gently caress up your vision

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

emfive posted:

Don't skimp on the parm.

parm vs grana Padano?

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Hatebag posted:

went to a minor league game once and they had a dime a dog special where you got up to like 10 hot dogs for a dime a piece and sure you got what you paid for but those were some nasty gristle dogs

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Man that was a universe of emotions that post just took me through

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://x.com/repmikecollins/status/1764050957950677466?s=46

gop congressman in favor of MANAGED DEMOCRACY

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

PDP-1 posted:

Hatebag posted:

went to a minor league game once and they had a dime a dog special where you got up to like 10 hot dogs for a dime a piece and sure you got what you paid for but those were some nasty gristle dogs
:hmmrona:

Terry Pratchett's Discworld Wiki posted:

Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler

Occupation: Merchant, Pie and sausage-in-a-bun salesman, Anything to get him money.

Claude Maximillian Overton Transpire Dibbler, usually known as Cut Me Own Throat (or C.M.O.T) Dibbler (or simply "Throat") is one of the numerous bit part characters that enrich the world of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels. Described as Discworld's most enterprisingly unsuccessful entrepreneur, a 'merchant venturer' in Ankh-Morpork, he is most famous for selling meat by-products to unsuspecting souls. His name originates from his catchphrase 'I'll sell it for less, and that's cutting me own throat.'
He has also been a moving pictures (movie) producer/director where his lack of scruples was entirely reminiscent of the pioneers of modern motion pictures, similarly, the agent of a 'Music with Rocks In' group, and sold strange green liquid made by monks living on a mountain according to an ancient recipe (Lance-Constable Carrot disputes this). He has also been known to sell 'fong shooey' advice, mail-order martial arts lessons (under the alias 'Grand Master Lobsang Dibbler'), 'Dibbler's Genuine Soggy Mountain Dew,' souvenir snow-globes and advertising space in the Ankh-Morpork Times. He is at his best selling intangibles; physical merchandise tends to hamper his patter somewhat. Indeed he once said he was best at 'selling ideas.' Whenever anything physical is being sold, the claims made on his labels range from euphemisms to outright fabrications. As Nobby Nobbs put it after being told of the 'Soggy Mountain Dew' claim of '150% proof', "It ain't got no proof—just circumstantial evidence." In Raising Steam he is involved in a scam to sell non-existent real estate properties under the name of "CMOT Dibbler Practically Real Estate and Associates. (the play on real estate and real versus fake is obvious)

When Dibbler's business plans fail, he falls back to selling (mostly) 'pies with personality' and 'pig' sausages-in-buns on the streets of Ankh-Morpork. He has been accused of 'not being able to make both ends meat.'

He is described in the books as resembling a rodent, and wears a long 'poacher's' coat covered in pockets. He is usually seen either carrying a tray or pushing a barrow (in [financially] better times). This contains sausages-in-buns, meat pies, and probably some merchandise connected with whatever the latest Morporkian fad is, but only when other ideas have proven to be bad.

The wizard Rincewind had a theory that equivalents of Dibbler are everywhere. This theory is borne out by the appearance of several versions of Dibbler throughout the Discworld series:

There are proto-dibblers in Mort (at the hiring fair) and in Sourcery (the pie salesman in Sator Square, Ankh-Morpork).
  • Disembowel-Meself-Honourably Dibhala sold suspiciously fresh thousand-year eggs in the Agatean Empire (Interesting Times).
  • Cut-Me-Own-Hand-Off Dhblah sold disturbingly live yoghurt in Omnia (Small Gods). In Discworld 2, his name is wrongly spelt D'blah and gives secrets about pyramid power in Djelybebi.
  • Al-Jiblah, a merchant in Klatch (Jingo).
  • Fair Go Dibbler sold the archetypal pie floaters on the lost continent of Fourecks (The Last Continent).
  • May-I-Never-Achieve-Enlightenment Dhiblang is apparently from Hublands 'wisdom country', based on the name and his selling of disreputable yak-butter tea; mentioned in The Last Continent.
  • Dib Diblossonson sold bottomless smorgasbord in the Hubland barbarian fjords; mentioned in The Last Continent.
  • May-I-Be-Kicked-In-My-Own-Ice-Hole Dibooki apparently only gathered whale meat after a conveniently beached whale had exploded into bite-sized chunks of its own accord; mentioned in The Last Continent.
  • Swallow-Me-Own-Blowdart Dhlang-Dhlang sold green beer, location unknown but suspected to be tropical rain forest, possibly Howondaland; mentioned in The Last Continent.
  • Professor Dibbler - a purveyor of nostrums against the railway sickness.
  • Point-Me-Own-Bone Dibjla, an Aboriginal Dibbler from Fourecks in the Discworld 2 PC game.

Other Dibbler equivalents include Ratonasticthenes from Ephebe, mentioned in The Science of Discworld. It was previously thought they might all be related, but the Discworld Companion explains that this is parallel evolution. 'Wherever people are prepared to eat terrible food,' it says, 'there will be someone there to sell it to them.' There is also a purveyor of meat pies and sausage in a bun in Wyrd Sisters but he is not given a name.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

mdemone posted:

18 one-dollar hotdogs.

edit: drat now I want a hot dog

hush

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

239lbs

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
"Arby's."
"-Arby's..."
We said together, practically sharing the same thought. I added quickly, so as to save myself some awkwardness,
"-and with a jamocha shake too. Extra whip. Curly fries-" "Oh of course," he consented to such extravagances, like an old lover :patriot::respek::clint:
We didn't give a goddamn gently caress about trumps press junket, and we were truly feeling the freedom zone

Lux Anima has issued a correction as of 09:52 on Mar 3, 2024

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
The Audience was waiting for more posts, and so - as though to fill The Silence™ - they added:

"-And they kissed." :j:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZZPnYnSSR0

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

lmao

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
Mr tingle I have a new idea for a story

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Jake Lloyd NOOOOO

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

quote:

Patriots Dynasty

Patriots Die Nasty

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

he's right.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Thoatse posted:

buddykins can fix her

many good avs here

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

TURB

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

what happened to investing in dinars?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

now teach them to fold laundry.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

what happened to investing in dinars?

I've made subtle jokes about it to my relatives most likely to have done it and they genuinely have no idea what I'm talking about, I think it came and went

If I were the suckers I'd pull it out in cash and keep it in a briefcase for a future bit

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

Thoatse posted:

buddykins can fix her

She can fix me

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I guess that's kind of what they did though

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Thoatse posted:

buddykins can fix her

terroristic threats? how is that illegal? where is free speech?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Bilirubin posted:

parm vs grana Padano?

grana padano rules