Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

bamhand posted:

Shadowdaggers uses sword/dagger. Dive Bomb uses the bow that makes your bird angrier when you crit.

The bird can get angrier??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

The people tasked with making Falconer a cool class knocked it out of the damned park. I had basically no expectations that I'd enjoy this class but the bird is so cool that it's hard not to love it.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Anno posted:

The people tasked with making Falconer a cool class knocked it out of the damned park. I had basically no expectations that I'd enjoy this class but the bird is so cool that it's hard not to love it.

It makes me afraid to try other classes because it's stupid powerful.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Suburban Dad posted:

It makes me afraid to try other classes because it's stupid powerful.

I think a lot of classes are very powerful. I'm only level 24 and it's not even the power, it just feels good and the bird animates so well. I'm going a bleed bow minion build which I suspect is bad but we're gonna try.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

gnoma posted:

Weaver's Will has always been 75% chance to improve an existing affix and 25% chance to add a new one. Another non-obvious thing is that the relics have an increased chance to roll class affixes. And the upgrade mechanic is triggered by killing enemies but has a very low chance and a 15 second internal cooldown.

First WW item I decided to level in 1.0 was a pair of gloves. The first affix was pretty good combo affix that I don't remember at the moment, but it leveled to rank 7 before it rolled a 2nd affix. I thought maybe that's how it worked now until I leveled a 2nd one and it went completely different and got 3 or 4 affixes in the first 6 or so upgrades.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Anno posted:

The birds a loving psychopath I love it

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
downloaded the hotfix now the game crashes on load every time with a unity error window

looks like this issue has been around for a long time in some form or another

deleting the exe file and verifying files via steam seem to have fixed it

e: oops nope crashing again

Kaysette fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 3, 2024

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

Anno posted:

I love the bird, but I really wish the game had a "Mute Minions" option. The constant noises from it get really annoying when idling and sorting the inventory. Or just a simple "If Idle for 10 seconds, bird lands on your arm and is quiet".

My friend running a Squirrel (before that it was several wolves) pack mentioned he straight up muted the sound effects due to the barrage of sounds they made.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Gave up farming hand of justice for aura Paladin so decided to make a rift lock because someone said it procs a lot of other skills (also hand of justice dropped while leveling it). Are there any other fun autocast/proc builds?

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Anno posted:

I think a lot of classes are very powerful. I'm only level 24 and it's not even the power, it just feels good and the bird animates so well. I'm going a bleed bow minion build which I suspect is bad but we're gonna try.

It's not bad, in fact it's so good it ruined all other classes for me.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

LegoMan posted:

Are there any other fun autocast/proc builds?

Shadow Daggers is just spam teleport to cast all your nukes. As a bonus it's not dependent on any uniques. Just hits the ground running as soon as you've got points in your skills.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah falconer kinda ruined everything else for me, trying a healing hands paladin but lol falconer is twice as fast and does infinite more damage

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Went Falconer as my first and it's been a blast playing. Only 40hours into it and it doesn't get boring having him just slam into 40 enemies nuking them all.

I'm only on my 5th monolith and I'm still just breezing through them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The steam deck performance is much better now but the controls are still frustrating. I would love it if they would just take whatever D4 does and copy it 1:1.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

LegoMan posted:

Gave up farming hand of justice for aura Paladin so decided to make a rift lock because someone said it procs a lot of other skills (also hand of justice dropped while leveling it). Are there any other fun autocast/proc builds?

With numlock trick everything is autocast!*

*may be subjectively bad

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So what's up with Lagon? I was face rolling the game with a minion build till this point at 55. Two tentacles, I got one down 1/4 of the way. Resummoning minions puts them behind the large barrier tentacles. My resists are maxed out. Seems broken?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

A Moose posted:

Does the 6 mana from Spirit Plague JUST happen when Spirit Plague gets the killing blow, or is it whenever something with Spirit Plague on it dies?

You'll rarely get Spirit Plague killing an enemy. Chaos Bolts are where all your mana/ward/healing love will come from. Pound a group of small enemies with bolts and all your meters go up at once. Drop a fissure for one and you have no mana for a while.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Philthy posted:

So what's up with Lagon? I was face rolling the game with a minion build till this point at 55. Two tentacles, I got one down 1/4 of the way. Resummoning minions puts them behind the large barrier tentacles. My resists are maxed out. Seems broken?

Lagon is a pain in the rear end, but note that you can hit either tentacle, they are a shared HP pool which is a change in 1.0. Before 1.0 you had to hit his ugly face and his hitbox was wonky making melee stand right in front of where all his one-shot attacks come from, so the tentacle thing is a huge improvement.

Your minions should summon wherever you have your mouse cursor, so make sure it's on the correct side of the barriers when you summon them.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
What helped me with Lagon when I first started to play was:

1. Have a movement skill on your skill bar. If it's a sort of teleport even better, dashing through his stream attack might kill you.
2. Look at his eye, if it turns red start moving. He will either do the lightning attack in the middle, or if he moves his head the stream attack.
3. The waves on the low ground spawn clockwise/counterclockwise during the story/Monolith fight.
4. Grab some additional phys/cold/lightning resist gear, try to get more health.

In other news. gently caress the Merchants Guild! I was running corruption 300+ Monoliths for several hours yesterday and got a single 2 LP item. A worthless ring from Orobyss. Every 2LP unique that I might use costs at least 2 million gold in the Bazaar and I still need to win the roll when I infuse the exalted. So it might not even be an improvement afterwards.
It also doesn't help that the Bazaar itself is just down half the time I check it.

I don't know why the thought to reduce drop rates for Guild players by 30% when they also have to gather the money.

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
Lagon got much easier for me when I figured that you can "bait" his beam attack by timing your positioning for when he's about to do it. Basically just make sure you're not on either extreme side of the platform before he fires it so you don't get cornered. I like having him fire it pretty near the middle so you have a nice long sweep to run from without hitting a wall.

Also using a travel skill that's either a teleport or can be specc'd with invulnerability makes the beam trivial anyway. I'm playing a squirrel primalist so leap does the job nicely.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Lagon is basically kitava except it only attacks half the platform not 95%

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

totalnewbie posted:

Lagon is basically kitava except it only attacks half the platform not 95%

As I recall Kitava has much more obvious windups, though.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
He literally turns his face at the pace of a snail to where he's going to beam, just don't be where he's facing?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It is pretty annoying how all the key dungeons will disconnect you from the server after 1 death when all the bosses have some kind of one-shot gimmick that you're probably not going to know about just going in blind. In general I feel like there are ~2 too many resistance types in this game, where you can spend the time assembling a decent set of one only to get instantly one-shot in the next area because whoops you didn't find any Papercut Resistance yet. I know this isn't a billion dollar game so I won't fault them too much but there are a lot of progression hiccups and walls when there should be a smoother curve all the way out to 100.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

At what level should you start doing empowered monoliths? I'm level 83 ATM but I feel way too squishy. I assume this is fine and I just need to level up a bit?

psilo
Oct 18, 2009

Anyone else playing falconer with a controller? Have you made any compromises with the skills? I feel like the explosive trap aiming is far from perfect and I haven't specced in to smoke bombs yet since I'm afraid they are never gonna land where I want them to.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Chalks posted:

At what level should you start doing empowered monoliths? I'm level 83 ATM but I feel way too squishy. I assume this is fine and I just need to level up a bit?

:shrug: I'm up to like 87 with 1900 HP now and I still feel very squishy in Empowereds.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

psilo posted:

Anyone else playing falconer with a controller? Have you made any compromises with the skills? I feel like the explosive trap aiming is far from perfect and I haven't specced in to smoke bombs yet since I'm afraid they are never gonna land where I want them to.

Smoke bomb casts on you so you don't really aim it. I haven't tried controller really after determining it isn't very good.

psilo
Oct 18, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

Smoke bomb casts on you so you don't really aim it. I haven't tried controller really after determining it isn't very good.

ah, I see! well my main is a necromancer and it's easy to play with controller, since I don't really need to aim, I just summon 20 minions and teleport around looting.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Sab669 posted:

:shrug: I'm up to like 87 with 1900 HP now and I still feel very squishy in Empowereds.

I'd say you probably need to review your gear (or your build) at this point. There's no level based unlocks and you should have enough points to hit all your priority passive/skill milestones and just be filling in little incremental boosts each level at this point, so any significant improvements are going to be from bigger changes.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Respecced to Curse's torment build but wasn't sure if I could pull off the ward with my jank gear.

Why yes, that will do nicely.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Thanks for the Lagon tips. I think what did it for me was watching his eye for the beam. I also figured out once I focus attacked my minions on one side that also helped. Otherwise, there are just too many minions running around and I can't see what the hell with such a tiny area to work with. I have anywhere from 19-25 minions on the screen at one time. Once they were focused I just kept his beam on the other side and I had enough hp and resists to run through it if I needed.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 3, 2024

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

So this isn’t news, but healing hands isn’t fair or balanced at all. Even without the busted ward nodes, simply doubling your melee attacks for free is ridiculous. I’ve been leveling with a double slash rive holy aura flame burst build and everything but bosses just explodes instantly. It’s still early, but I also rip through bosses fast while being able to just stand in the middle of their bullshit without paying any attention to gear or defenses and never dropping below max health for more than a fraction of a second. I’m sort of shocked they just unconditionally let it proc on every melee attack.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Played a bunch this weekend and hit 62, I FINALLY have enough mana to run double fissure, 3/3 bolt spam, from getting 2 good sapphire rings and adding mana to a couple things, bringing me up to 320 mana and 21/sec regen. I didn't actually realize that you could go into the first half of other mastery trees, so I put 5 points into the Lich mana regen skill and that made it feel a lot better and I can drop Fissures at will, instead of dropping 1, and then having to go and kite enemies back to it after it kills everything around it.

Did my first monolith too, and managed to skip the rewards. For some reason I just assumed that it stored up all the rewards and opening that big glowy chest would end the run. Honestly not sure why I assumed that, but I did a bunch of echoes, did the 3 quest echoes, and then it just... ended? Oops. At least it was just the tutorial one.

How many echoes do people usually do, is there a max number of nodes, or is it just "go until you can't anymore"?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

A Moose posted:

Played a bunch this weekend and hit 62, I FINALLY have enough mana to run double fissure, 3/3 bolt spam, from getting 2 good sapphire rings and adding mana to a couple things, bringing me up to 320 mana and 21/sec regen. I didn't actually realize that you could go into the first half of other mastery trees, so I put 5 points into the Lich mana regen skill and that made it feel a lot better and I can drop Fissures at will, instead of dropping 1, and then having to go and kite enemies back to it after it kills everything around it.

Did my first monolith too, and managed to skip the rewards. For some reason I just assumed that it stored up all the rewards and opening that big glowy chest would end the run. Honestly not sure why I assumed that, but I did a bunch of echoes, did the 3 quest echoes, and then it just... ended? Oops. At least it was just the tutorial one.

How many echoes do people usually do, is there a max number of nodes, or is it just "go until you can't anymore"?

Once you get far enough away from the starting point in any given mono you’ll see two unique nodes: one that tells you it will reset the map, and one that holds an Oroboyss void dude bossfight, that has unique loot and also resets the mono but at a higher corruption level which ups the difficulty. Both will let you do the quest echoes again and farm the unique boss.

At your level most people will just move onto the next, higher level mono after doing the three quests, as you want to unlock empowered monoliths by clearing the highest level ones, as those are all scaled to max level and you can target farm a lot more efficiently and get more loot etc

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

A Moose posted:

Normal mono strat is rushing each node objective to get the bare minimum stability to do the 3 quest echoes then move on to the next monolith. Do not bother building corruption in normal monos because their corruption ceiling is capped at 50. Empowered monoliths start at baseline 100 corruption with no upper limit.

Empowered mono node strat is about the same in terms of rushing to the map objective, but you want to build longer webs leading to the juicier Shade nodes on the outer edges.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Does the combat ever get more interesting in high corruption? I'm getting pretty bored wiping every screen with minimal/no dodging or positioning required.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

victrix posted:

Does the combat ever get more interesting in high corruption? I'm getting pretty bored wiping every screen with minimal/no dodging or positioning required.

I think it's very much a zoom game. To the point it gets kind of annoying not having lower cooldown travel skills. Most of my gameplay is walking in between insta clearing packs.

Overal the game is objectively very good but I'm getting bored pretty fast, even though I'm sitting on 5+ stash tabs of cool items I would wanna make builds around. This game is ... missing something and I can't really put my finger on it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

What's the basics of leveling falconer? There's some stuff that scales off of throwing in the faclon's tree, and the 5 point skill is a throwing one, should I swap from bow stuff to throwing stuff? And if so what kind of weapon should I use? Or do I want to dual wield so it's weapons, plural?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Is there a point to keeping all the low level uniques with no LP that you find in the campaign beyond just giving to an alt for the few levels they're relevant?