Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Kith posted:

it would if i enjoyed the misery of others. i get called slurs occasionally for being a nasty no skill meanie that uses builds to make up for my personal failings, but when i was gathering grenade launcher kills i got some INCREDIBLE hate mail. the FL's grenades are just sooooo slooooooow though, i could never use it on the regular in pvp

Hate mail should only be directed to players that

- Use a Bow + 120 HC
- Use Le Monarque or Wish Ender

(just kidding let people play with what they want, Bungie will try to fix outliers at some point and never message other players)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

General Battuta posted:

Do guns in Destiny still shoot from your face? They have to right. Do they do that in every FPS

Other games: The gun is held at shoulder level and the angle of firing is approximated between that and the player's POV

Destiny: MY FACE IS .50 CAL AND I WILL SHOOT GOD

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Can you even message other players anymore?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

You of all people!!!!!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Other games: The gun is held at shoulder level and the angle of firing is approximated between that and the player's POV

Destiny: MY FACE IS .50 CAL AND I WILL SHOOT GOD

You’re forgetting about COD

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

omg chael crash posted:

You of all people!!!!!

the aliens i shoot are not real

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Marty O'Donnell wants to save America*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dvlf8LlFh4

SockPuppet
Oct 31, 2005

DELIBERATELY BARREN

This is so funny

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Finding out Marty was a reactionary was probably one of the biggest artist/art disappointments I think I've ever experienced.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Lmao

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Finding out Marty was a reactionary was probably one of the biggest artist/art disappointments I think I've ever experienced.

After Seb McKinnon turned out to be one it never surprises me anymore

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

god it's always so funny to seeing Americans be like "there's so much division amongst us, we're being torn apart....so I'll become a republican politician." like even if you want to be a stupid idiot who thinks people just need to compromise and meet in the middle, it feels pretty obvious what your play is when you register as a republican.

Very "You support state's rights? States rights to do what?" energy.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i had heard of this but didn't put together that it was marty because i've been extremely sick and my brain has been worse than usual. making that connection gave me a very large lmao

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am at work and I can't check :smith:, is the restoration bug fix rolling out tomorrow?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mesadoram posted:

I am at work and I can't check :smith:, is the restoration bug fix rolling out tomorrow?

Yes.

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/this_week_in_destiny_02_15_24

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Finally! Was doing the legendary campaign yesterday and my restoration kept dropping because of it :smith:.

Thank you :unsmith:.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mesadoram posted:

Finally! Was doing the legendary campaign yesterday and my restoration kept dropping because of it :smith:.

Thank you :unsmith:.

Not that it matters now but the way everybody was getting around it was taking off that fragment and using a Healing Grenade to start the resto, then extend it with Empyrean. It was janky but it worked. Should be much more straightforward now, as if solar needed the help. :lol:

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND
https://streamable.com/dxxmst

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I just want everyone to know I would've gone solo flawless in Trials if I didn't lose those matches. And also I'm not salty, but those loadouts were BS meta poo poo be original.

Legit tho I dunno why but I ran Trials yesterday a bunch and it was pretty fun, and I got some badass rolls which was the real point. I focused an older Exalted Truth cause I wanted a 140 Void HC and I got fluted, alloy mag, outlaw and repulsor brace so I'm pretty chuffed.

Edit: also legit run a Hakke weapon with deconstruct and you can shred Titan barriers quick as hell it's super funny.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Photo Finish (the rgb rotating shader) is up for bright dust today

Might tool around with Guardian Games a bit but probably still just giving a pass til June at this point lol, especially with the crucible changes

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

theysayheygreg posted:

its gonna be Gjallarboard

Winner

https://twitter.com/destinybulletn/status/1765065714321502575?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Winged Wolf?

:chloe:

Come on Bungie, you can play on words better than that :smith:.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
FYI there is a bug right now where loading into today's Lost Sector on Master has a 25% chance of instantly completing it and gaining its rewards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ2tX129dcA

UPDATE: if you are reading this post as of this edit Bungie has removed the ability to enter today's featured Lost Sector.

Also the hoverboard is better than a Sparrow in every conceivable way. There is no reason to ever equip a Sparrow again if you unlock it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf4ziroTZt8

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 5, 2024

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Pirate Jet posted:

Also the hoverboard is better than a Sparrow in every conceivable way. There is no reason to ever equip a Sparrow again if you unlock it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf4ziroTZt8

Ah, so powercreep has come for sparrows as well.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
That’s one way of dealing with AOT

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Eververse Calendar has revealed the return of two guns in the Into the Light update, Recluse and Hammerhead

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Todayindestiny is showing ornaments for Hammerhead, Recluse, Fixed Odds, and Loaded Question for dust sometime this season in Eververse.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 5, 2024

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Pirate Jet posted:

Also the hoverboard is better than a Sparrow in every conceivable way. There is no reason to ever equip a Sparrow again if you unlock it.
You should keep a Sparrow to have equipped when starting an activity, because starting an activity with the hoverboard equipped can crash the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4AyFaUThGE

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The hoverboard is really good at leaving every single map boundary lmao

e: They turned the master lost sector off lol, and apparently 200k+ isn't top 10% for NFs so get grinding if you want to keep this thing

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 5, 2024

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
that shop titan set looks like someone was a big fan of knights of the nine

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

in a single season, bungie has added more cash shop content than what it would cost to buy the final shape.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kith posted:

in a single season, bungie has added more cash shop content than what it would cost to buy the final shape.

25 bucks for the gjallaboard

Lmao

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i mean realistically they've added way more than what it'd cost to buy the final shape well before this point but like

in terms of armor, the thing that people buy the most often, we're well past that line

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I only ever visit the first screen of the store to redeem bright engrams and get a dust item maybe, or the dust only section. Everything else might as well be removed because lol I am not paying $20 for cosmetics in a video game lmao

And according to their missed revenue estimate a lot of people playing are the same which is a good feeling honestly.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Hello, I am playing this dumb game again because I'm dumb. Haven't played since Beyond Light. Thanks to Witch Queen being free on PS+ and Lightfall being on sale I'm all caught up on content. I even bought the 30th Anniversary pack for $5 for extra dumbness.

Joined the discord and [BEAR] clan as Static_Rook. I'm very confused and underpowered but going to go shoot some space guns.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

you'll be right in overchill, don't worry. welcome to the clusterfuck.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

RBA Starblade posted:

25 bucks for the gjallaboard

Lmao

It's okay, you can always grind for the normal one. It just requires *checks notes*

1,200 medal score, 3 Focus Activity package openings, or a Top 10% Nightfall score. And a single Plat gives a whopping 8 medallion score :smithicide:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

T1g4h posted:

It's okay, you can always grind for the normal one. It just requires *checks notes*

1,200 medal score, 3 Focus Activity package openings, or a Top 10% Nightfall score. And a single Plat gives a whopping 8 medallion score :smithicide:

Like all things bungie wait for week 2 or 3 to complete anything after they retune things down.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

T1g4h posted:

Okay, how does the "focus activity package" work? Otherwise I'll be sitting this one out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Like all things bungie wait for week 2 or 3 to complete anything after they retune things down.

That was my plan tbh.

Paracelsus posted:

Okay, how does the "focus activity package" work? Otherwise I'll be sitting this one out.

I'm honestly not entirely sure. I think the Focused Activity is on a rotator and also staggered because the next one doesn't even start for another hour and a half and i missed the last one so i have zero clue how that bit works.