Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

victrix posted:

Does the combat ever get more interesting in high corruption? I'm getting pretty bored wiping every screen with minimal/no dodging or positioning required.

I guess the point is that at high enough corruption the scaling numbers mean you start having to dodge or position again and things don't blow up as fast, and the main difference between builds is how fast they get to that point where you've basically won and why keep going?

A Moose posted:

Is there a point to keeping all the low level uniques with no LP that you find in the campaign beyond just giving to an alt for the few levels they're relevant?

That or if you think they have a gimmick you'll want to try to build an alt around but you haven't yet found a version with LP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Since the OP is out of date, is there a good place that explains the basic mechanics and/or has build guides? I just grabbed this since I have zero desire to play this season of D4 and just looking at the passive stuff in the summoner class is a bit overwhelming.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Soonmot posted:

Since the OP is out of date, is there a good place that explains the basic mechanics and/or has build guides? I just grabbed this since I have zero desire to play this season of D4 and just looking at the passive stuff in the summoner class is a bit overwhelming.

Max roll and lost epoch tools for build guides and such. The in game guide is very good too, just hit G

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I should reset my echo for more corruption as soon as I get to one of those nodes right?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
re: lagon shenanigans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q2LSMfGroY

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I should reset my echo for more corruption as soon as I get to one of those nodes right?

i do it after 2-3 boss kills. finding a +10 corruption shrine.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Levelled up a Falconer to normal Monoliths so far, and yeah, that class is pretty drat good. So fast at clearing.

Heithinn Grasida posted:

So this isn’t news, but healing hands isn’t fair or balanced at all. Even without the busted ward nodes, simply doubling your melee attacks for free is ridiculous. I’ve been leveling with a double slash rive holy aura flame burst build and everything but bosses just explodes instantly. It’s still early, but I also rip through bosses fast while being able to just stand in the middle of their bullshit without paying any attention to gear or defenses and never dropping below max health for more than a fraction of a second. I’m sort of shocked they just unconditionally let it proc on every melee attack.

This may be the next thing I level if I get bored of the bird, something ultra tanky sounds fun.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lpzie posted:

i do it after 2-3 boss kills. finding a +10 corruption shrine.

thanks lpzie

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

np. that's one of the benefits of posting amongst a God Gamer.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Is there any info at all as to when they'll be adding the last three chapters? I've been putting off buying the game for that.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Zereth posted:

What's the basics of leveling falconer? There's some stuff that scales off of throwing in the faclon's tree, and the 5 point skill is a throwing one, should I swap from bow stuff to throwing stuff? And if so what kind of weapon should I use? Or do I want to dual wield so it's weapons, plural?

Here is a super in-depth build guide for a very powerful setup: https://www.lastepochtools.com/build-guides/allie---1-button-shadow-dagger-falconer

Obviously, you don't have to follow it precisely, but it should at least give you some good ideas. And if you do want to follow it exactly, the level of detail she put into this is insane.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is there a command to show play time for a given character

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mordja posted:

Is there any info at all as to when they'll be adding the last three chapters? I've been putting off buying the game for that.

I would suspect it would be in later seasons (or "cycles" or whatever they are calling it). But I wouldn't say you have to hold off for that; the campaign story is kind of nonsense anyway and you can play infinite maps forever in the Monolith.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Zereth posted:

What's the basics of leveling falconer? There's some stuff that scales off of throwing in the faclon's tree, and the 5 point skill is a throwing one, should I swap from bow stuff to throwing stuff? And if so what kind of weapon should I use? Or do I want to dual wield so it's weapons, plural?

In the campaign I stacked bleed chance on hit (not bow hit, any hit), throwing damage, and dexterity.

The bird has a few passives that give it huge bonuses from your dex so that's usually a safe choice - there's the "caltrops give an infinitely stacking dex -> bleed chance for bird" node in one of the bird skill trees that is crazy.

Weapons I used whatever since I mostly threw nets to get caltrops. Early it can be nice to run a bow, puncture, and "net uses puncture" node for screen clear. Alternate would be dagger/daggers + "aerial Assault drops umbral blades".

You can't really gently caress it up, it's so powerful.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I've always wanted to play a VK Autobomber, but for some reason never did. Now with healing hands skill tree, I decided to actually start one, and it's certainly slow coming into power, but once you get the first 4 skills specced to a point they are actually working as intended it definitely powers up nicely. Still only in early 40's and just get everything online and there is some oddness. I sometimes get 'stuck' where the ward on healing hands isn't adding ward.. I'm not sure if it's that healing hands gets stuck on an always fail to proc cycle (I'm at 75% supposedly) or what, but manually triggering healing hands as a movement skill fixes it every time and then I can facetank anything at this point in the campaign.

I suppose that the odd lack of ward triggering is offset by the fact that I am apparently immortal. Lol...

This was before switching to lowlife because it's before I got healing hands, but it's kinda funny. The best way to avoid death is apparently to just not be alive? I ran through 2 zones like this.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Yeah I had a bug where I became immortal, "died" at level 18 and then facetanked everything to dungeon skip my way through the campaign until level 45ish. The bug didn't go away until I logged off.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

jizzy sillage posted:

Yeah I had a bug where I became immortal, "died" at level 18 and then facetanked everything to dungeon skip my way through the campaign until level 45ish. The bug didn't go away until I logged off.

Whatever the bug is, it completely drains your health to 0 and then you just.. don't die. When it started I was taking some big hits and I think poison, so I hammered a potion just before dying, kept doing that but the health would pop up to 300 or whatever the potion brought it to and then immediately drain down again.. I held it off of 0 with 4 potions, by which time everything was dead and I had no poison anymore, but it just kept draining and then hit 0 and... I didn't die... Was pretty strange. Thought I was gonna die to a bug, but instead was made immortal by the bug.

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

Do any other classes match the fun and speed of Bladedancer flash farming

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
So apparently the Bone Curse + Profane Veil is bugged in two ways - the bone prison doesn't scale AND the node for ward generation is giving like 10x more than it should. I've also noticed a weird thing with the counter (which may just be a visual bug) where it looks like it burns through ward you already have then resets to the ward that you would have gotten.

This is all going to die mid-season anyway but it sure is fun being invulnerable.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

playing storm bolt tornado shaman and it's incredibly OP and also incredibly boring. It turns each of your tornadoes into a storm totem, except the bolts scale off of the other storm bolt nodes so they have a bigger aoe and doublecast, shoot 1.5 screens away, refresh leap's cooldown, and shock, and you can have out like 20 tornadoes at once easy. The 'survive waves' levels I just hold the tornado button down in the middle until it tells me I beat the echo

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

victrix posted:

Does the combat ever get more interesting in high corruption? I'm getting pretty bored wiping every screen with minimal/no dodging or positioning required.
This is my #1 problem with the game. Although this isn't much of a slam because I still love the game and regard it highly, I wish there was some way to show the game exactly how powerful you are and let it skip you up a few degrees of difficulty to what feels right. Grinding easy stuff can be its own fun but the option to skip it to get to the harder stuff is already in the 3 major competitors' games and feels severely lacking here. PoE's lets you mod much harder maps rather quickly, Diablo 3 lets you choose much harder rifts early, and Diablo 4 lets you craft higher level dungeon sigils earlier. I don't know if LE has a cap on how much you gain from playing severely under-leveled areas (the only capping I do know is Diablo 4's 5-level difference) but it's the only reason I could assume they want to prevent you from doing so.

But also I know my perception of "time spent" playing an ARPG is vastly different scales from current day (PoE player) standards so for all I know, the majority of LE players think the current progression is fine.

Anyway, since everyone is talking about their experience, my multi-curse Warlock hit her wall at level 75 so it's time to either rethink my build or start looking up guides. Wish me luck as I change off multi-curse to fire-DoT focus thanks to that cool spine unique I got!

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

So, when I clear a single echo, and it says the reward is "a unique item", what does that mean? Does it mean that somewhere in that echo, a unique will drop? Or does it appear on the ground when I clear the echo? Or is it supposed to be in the chest after? because I can't find any of these uniques I'm supposed to be getting.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

DaveKap posted:

But also I know my perception of "time spent" playing an ARPG is vastly different scales from current day (PoE player) standards so for all I know, the majority of LE players think the current progression is fine.

I don't think the diehard PoE fan status is indicative of a majority. It's certainly the most visible part of the niche isometric arpg demographic (outside of people laughing at D4) but there's still a market for people who don't want to expend the time and effort to get over the PoE hump or ever touch anything with trading. I assume there's also people who play a couple of weeks into every PoE league and quit.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

A Moose posted:

So, when I clear a single echo, and it says the reward is "a unique item", what does that mean? Does it mean that somewhere in that echo, a unique will drop? Or does it appear on the ground when I clear the echo? Or is it supposed to be in the chest after? because I can't find any of these uniques I'm supposed to be getting.

At the end, in the center of the room, if you haven't died.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

A Moose posted:

As long as you don’t die, there should be two reward caches when you exit the complete monolith. The one in the center has the advertised reward while the chest has gold and other random awards.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Game needs more run speed. If I'm this strong and screen clearing I want move faster

Gold pickup radius needs to be larger too

Overall I very much like the game. These are minor complaints

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

oh my god that orange thing is a chest?

god drat it.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

My warlock is almost 96 and I have 3 other dudes at 80+ and I still haven't gotten a Twisted Heart after about 25 combined kills of the timeline boss. And even when I get one it will probably be 0LP and I'll want to keep grinding for a better one. Ugh.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a good website for looking up player submitted builds? I’ve done a few myself, but im not creative.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Is there a good website for looking up player submitted builds? I’ve done a few myself, but im not creative.

https://www.lastepochtools.com/builds/

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

alarumklok posted:

playing storm bolt tornado shaman and it's incredibly OP and also incredibly boring. It turns each of your tornadoes into a storm totem, except the bolts scale off of the other storm bolt nodes so they have a bigger aoe and doublecast, shoot 1.5 screens away, refresh leap's cooldown, and shock, and you can have out like 20 tornadoes at once easy. The 'survive waves' levels I just hold the tornado button down in the middle until it tells me I beat the echo

Could you link a build guide for this, if you followed one? I have a high level shaman I could respec pretty easily into this and I'd like to check it out.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
How does one "farm bosses" while clearing monoliths? I want to farm up Lagon.
Can I get my stability up, do the 3 story missions to fight him, and then use a reset node to do it again?

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

When you're doing empowered Monoliths, you don't need to do the first two of the story missions. Also, when you beat the boss, the stability resets so you don't need to reset the nodes manually.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Could you link a build guide for this, if you followed one? I have a high level shaman I could respec pretty easily into this and I'd like to check it out.

I did not follow one

It’s basically just all of the storm bolt nodes in gathering storm, tornado (with duration and cast speed), leap, and in wolves (x3). Lean fairly harder than normal into attunement and mana regen. Skip the mana drain on hit in passive in gathering storm unless you have mad regen, it’s a trap

Edit: oh and get some on hit effects. Even if you aren’t specced for it you can easily get huge stacks on bosses which adds up

alarumklok fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 4, 2024

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

alarumklok posted:

I did not follow one

It’s basically just all of the storm bolt nodes in gathering storm, tornado (with duration and cast speed), leap, and in wolves (x3). Lean fairly harder than normal into attunement and mana regen. Skip the mana drain on hit in passive in gathering storm unless you have mad regen, it’s a trap

Edit: oh and get some on hit effects. Even if you aren’t specced for it you can easily get huge stacks on bosses which adds up

Thanks for the info!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

so where does this game sit on the comprehensibility gauge, with d3 on one side and poe on the other

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Ciaphas posted:

so where does this game sit on the comprehensibility gauge, with d3 on one side and poe on the other

A lot closer to D3, and it also tells you what killed you and with which damage type

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
I've played D3 but almost zero poe, so might not know what im talking about, but i'd say it strays closer to the poe side. There's a looot more stats in play than D3 but they're almost all self-explanatory. The game seems to actually care about things like resistances and such, but a reading of the guide or watching a (relatively) quick video should get you the gist of things. I might also be colored by playing D3 for so long at this point that I view its systems are more simplistic than they really are, but if D3 is a 1 and poe is a 10, I'm comfortable saying Last Epoch is a solid 7 on the scale. No giant skill trees to navigate, and the resources to understand things are there, but definitely a bit of a learning curve.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I was talking purely about visual readability, like can I see wtf is happening in combat. I agree with the above post when it comes to systems etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I feel like it's an upgraded D3. What D4 should have been. The classes and skills are mostly all here, but expanded out with a skill tree as you would expect for a next iteration of the franchise. Along with some of what made the endgame of PoE enjoyable tacked on because it works. Even got some of that charm(idols) goodness back. The only thing missing is a hired follower you can equip.