Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

Here is a super in-depth build guide for a very powerful setup: https://www.lastepochtools.com/build-guides/allie---1-button-shadow-dagger-falconer

Obviously, you don't have to follow it precisely, but it should at least give you some good ideas. And if you do want to follow it exactly, the level of detail she put into this is insane.
:popeye: wow that's some insane interactions it's got, and very detailed, thank you. Time to scrape up some throwing related shards and swap over, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Gotta say, not thrilled with how every endgame activity doesn't allow for mistakes and ends immediately if you die even once. Just went through my first dungeon and died to the boss's opening attack because I didn't know how to dodge it and that's a wrap until another key drops. Guess I should have read a guide ahead of time? Didn't sign up for hardcore mode, lol.

Tarnop posted:

I was talking purely about visual readability, like can I see wtf is happening in combat. I agree with the above post when it comes to systems etc

Oh yeah, i agree with that 100%. Might even be better than D3 since as far as I've seen spell effects are less flashy; haven't come across anything as messy as Tal Rasha's yet, which is my barometer.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Baller Ina posted:

Gotta say, not thrilled with how every endgame activity doesn't allow for mistakes and ends immediately if you die even once. Just went through my first dungeon and died to the boss's opening attack because I didn't know how to dodge it and that's a wrap until another key drops. Guess I should have read a guide ahead of time? Didn't sign up for hardcore mode, lol.

Yeah it should just do what the mono echoes do and let you finish it for practice but no reward (or scaled back reward)

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Necro or Warlock? I already have that unique ring that boosts minion armor like 300% but the character is only level 8 so I can really go either way.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tensokuu posted:

Necro or Warlock? I already have that unique ring that boosts minion armor like 300% but the character is only level 8 so I can really go either way.

Necro for pets and Warlock for no pets, generally.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Ciaphas posted:

so where does this game sit on the comprehensibility gauge, with d3 on one side and poe on the other

It's firmly in the middle. You don't need to wiki anything until the post-campaign monoliths part of the game unless you want to.

Baller Ina posted:

Yeah dungeons aren't great. I get what they were going for but it doesn't fit in with the rest of the game.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Tensokuu posted:

If you're only going to play one this season I'd say warlock because it's more likely to catch nerfs

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

im the only primalist in the top 50 for arena.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Tiny Chalupa posted:

How does one "farm bosses" while clearing monoliths? I want to farm up Lagon.
Can I get my stability up, do the 3 story missions to fight him, and then use a reset node to do it again?

empowered monoliths let you skip the first 2 story missions. the higher corruption you get, the more base stability a map will give you, and the further you travel from the starting node, you also will gain more stability. if you want to just farm a boss, figure out which corruption level you can linger at without slowing down and spend your time delving to the outer edges of your timeline.

Ciaphas posted:

so where does this game sit on the comprehensibility gauge, with d3 on one side and poe on the other

replacing d4 over d3 because my experience with d3 was watching my best friend work for minimum wage on a video game and bragging about it, it's like 15% the complication of poe, and has an in game guide for almost everything (you won't find determined crafting methods for experimental affixes through it, but basically everything else) with a proper search function. basically if you can understand that more means more than increased and less means less, you should have no problem just stumbling into the best or second best build for whatever class you choose.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

alarumklok posted:

playing storm bolt tornado shaman and it's incredibly OP and also incredibly boring. It turns each of your tornadoes into a storm totem, except the bolts scale off of the other storm bolt nodes so they have a bigger aoe and doublecast, shoot 1.5 screens away, refresh leap's cooldown, and shock, and you can have out like 20 tornadoes at once easy. The 'survive waves' levels I just hold the tornado button down in the middle until it tells me I beat the echo

I was planning something like this, but with tempest strike specced to proc both storm bolt and tornadoes. I wasn’t sure if I could get tempest strike to proc tornadoes fast enough to make it good, though and started doing other things.

I feel like there’s probably a really strong frostbite build with cold-converted storm bolts and tornado, but there’s no way to get minions to build storm stacks for gathering storm if it’s converted to cold since it only counts the minions original damage type and doesn’t take into account if they have had their damage converted as well.

Further silly primalist plans might be to see how high I could push crow storm crits on a beast master, since tempest strike should give disgusting amounts of spell damage to crows, and it already hit pretty hard before.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

just hit rank 10 in cof, def worth

e: I only picked up the 2lp items or better lmao this is wild

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Mar 4, 2024

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

bananaphone

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They could really stand to tone down the laser focused one-shotting attacks at endgame. Going through the trouble of getting resistance capped should feel like it does something not give you 0.25 seconds to survive against blood asps instead of 0.15. I'm guessing it's probably way easier for minion builds.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

They could really stand to tone down the laser focused one-shotting attacks at endgame. Going through the trouble of getting resistance capped should feel like it does something not give you 0.25 seconds to survive against blood asps instead of 0.15. I'm guessing it's probably way easier for minion builds.

That's the core part of LE's combat that I don't like. Non-boss enemies suddenly appear and throw the biggest thing they have at you then die. Your strategy is to be basically invulnerable to alpha strikes which right now tends to mean a shitload of ward and/or just not being the target.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

exquisite tea posted:

Those loving asps!!!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah, they did not need to borrow one shot mechanics from poe. I hate that poo poo

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Ever since I did some multiplayer, I now have even solo a terrible bug where my Lich is invisible outside of Reaper form. This makes it kind of impossible to avoid all those topical one-shot mechanics when my character is actually vulnerable. I managed to kill Monolith Lagon and Corpse Emperor anyways but I lost several attempts due to not knowing where the hell I was.

Relogging fixes the bug very temporarily but it inevitably returns after 5 minutes or so.

Has anyone encountered this or know of a fix for it? I love my Lich generally but this is so extremely aggravating that I haven't played the game for a couple days and may need to reroll.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

It took me until nearly unlocking empowered monoliths to realize that I could still put passive points into the other two classes I didnt pick. Oops

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Mylan posted:

It took me until nearly unlocking empowered monoliths to realize that I could still put passive points into the other two classes I didnt pick. Oops

Wow, what an idiot. I am a professional gamer and I would never do that at like level 90 long after entering empowered monoliths. Nope.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mylan posted:

I was just looking at that and the other classes have bonuses for your main class if you put passives in them

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Tonetta posted:

just hit rank 10 in cof, def worth

e: I only picked up the 2lp items or better lmao this is wild

My friend and I were debating which faction is better. He's trying to farm the Orobyss neck and it's like 200k gold on the AH. That's a 5% drop from Orobyss on 300+ corruption. Lots of 2+ LP items can be gotten for a pittance. On the other hand, I think he's discounting the general fire hose of loot CoF provides. Plus getting exalts for imprinting is probably tougher without all the bonuses. I'll definitely try out Merchants next cycle to see how it goes.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wow once I got all the skills in that build Falconer just kinda deletes things. And I'm still missing specializing the last skill to really make it go insane.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Maybe it's silly but I don't like trade leagues because it takes away the Thrill of the Drop. Of course, ask me again when I'm 20 hours into farming my BiS neck...

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

zoux posted:

Maybe it's silly but I don't like trade leagues because it takes away the Thrill of the Drop. Of course, ask me again when I'm 20 hours into farming my BiS neck...

Yea I'm thoroughly sick of spamming the same Monolith hoping for the special reward to hopefully get my Vial...

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Mylan posted:

I didn't realize I could put points into my specialization tree until like lvl 40 haha

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Speaking of the passive tree, it seems to take a little inspiration from Grim Dawn.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

zoux posted:

Speaking of the passive tree, it seems to take a little inspiration from Grim Dawn.

Passive tree & Arenas(Crucible) are two i can think of, both of which i like. :)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah I think it's a great idea to pull the best ideas from various ARPGs. I mean really the whole genre is a ripoff of Diablo, which itself is probably ripping off some '80s Commodore 64 game I've never heard of.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

zoux posted:

Yeah I think it's a great idea to pull the best ideas from various ARPGs. I mean really the whole genre is a ripoff of Diablo, which itself is probably ripping off some '80s Commodore 64 game I've never heard of.

Diablo was originally conceived as an evolution of Rogue and Nethack so that's not too far off, really.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I wish the passive respec let you go below requirements as long as you ended up valid before leaving the screen, it's really annoying if you want to respec your base class tree. Also that you could deassign and reassign points in that screen instead of having to de-assign a point or two, close, open passive tree but for assigning points, go re-place them, remove another point or two, etc.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Xalidur posted:

Ever since I did some multiplayer, I now have even solo a terrible bug where my Lich is invisible outside of Reaper form. This makes it kind of impossible to avoid all those topical one-shot mechanics when my character is actually vulnerable. I managed to kill Monolith Lagon and Corpse Emperor anyways but I lost several attempts due to not knowing where the hell I was.

Relogging fixes the bug very temporarily but it inevitably returns after 5 minutes or so.

Has anyone encountered this or know of a fix for it? I love my Lich generally but this is so extremely aggravating that I haven't played the game for a couple days and may need to reroll.

I’m having the same issue. I’m still in campaign and haven’t died to it yet but yeah it’s annoying. Also sometimes when I revert from reaper form my character just stops animating and surfboards everywhere.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

bamhand posted:

My friend and I were debating which faction is better. He's trying to farm the Orobyss neck and it's like 200k gold on the AH. That's a 5% drop from Orobyss on 300+ corruption. Lots of 2+ LP items can be gotten for a pittance. On the other hand, I think he's discounting the general fire hose of loot CoF provides. Plus getting exalts for imprinting is probably tougher without all the bonuses. I'll definitely try out Merchants next cycle to see how it goes.

While I don't havw the oby neck, I do have double exalted gear in every slot and 3lp of every unique I want except that ammy and the chest I want. I'm just waiting for the correct triple exalts to drop before slamming them

E: a handful of people in merchants got a huge win from players who a) don't know what's good yet, b) people not understanding that listing for 0 gold doesn't actually help them and c) the better items being locked behind a lot of rep farming. I fully expect ehg to change how rep gain works for the bazaar, and that a handful of players getting a bunch of 4lp items for next to nothing was a 1 time thing

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 4, 2024

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Been following the maxroll build for dive bomb falconer and not really seeing why it takes aerial assault instead of shift, will I mess up on some obvious synergy that I'm not seeing if I go with shift instead?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Baller Ina posted:

This is definitely one of my bigger gripes. Best part for me is that it also causes me to lose my connection to the server and boots me out of the game

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Avalerion posted:

Been following the maxroll build for dive bomb falconer and not really seeing why it takes aerial assault instead of shift, will I mess up on some obvious synergy that I'm not seeing if I go with shift instead?

You turn aerial assault into your mobility skill and it also does good damage, helps with cooldowns, etc.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Avalerion posted:

Aerial Assault does literally everything.
Screen wipe? Check.
Give mana? Check.
Reduce cooldowns? Check.
Heal? Check.

My falconer uses nothing but Aerial Assault on everything that's not a boss.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Shift makes you invincible. It is also shorter range so it doesn't fling you to your death as often when you play on controller. That's about it though.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Avalerion posted:

Aerial assault both reduces the cooldown of divebomb (Coordinated Assault node) and buffs its damage (Terrorwings). The cooldown is probably more important than the damage.

I don't know what the maxroll guide says anymore, i looked at it and Allie's and thought Allie's was better tbh.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
The Dive Bomb build by Boardman on maxroll was made using pre-launch theorycrafting and isn't particularly well optimized. Terek (a different maxroll guy) has videos showing setups that's he's built and played post launch which include maxroll planners but not full written guides:
less geared, health version
better geared w/ ward abuse

You could also look at any random falconer build on the ladder or search youtube. Everyone is using the same tech for the most part. The shadow daggers version definitely wants to use Aerial Assault but Shift seems more popular for exploding Ballista versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

CoF is pretty crazy. I only have rank 5 and it's just making GBS threads out tons of gear