Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Shigeru Miyamoto must be brought to the hague

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

yep. cause their games are Epic

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ExcessBLarg! posted:

There's a handful of exceptions to the anti-circumvention clause, and one of those is scholarly research. Yuzu possibly could've made an argument that the emulator source-code repository exists for research purposes, but the existence of their Patreon, and the obvious money-for-prereleases pipeline that Nintendo documented makes that approach troublesome. So, yes, I'd say that the existence of their Patreon and other piracy-adjacent activities made the overall case troublesome for Yuzu's LLC.

On top of the enumerated exceptions, every 3 years there's a process by which proposals for new exceptions can be heard (by the Librarian of Congress, for some reason) and emulation could theoretically be added to the list through this mechanism. But it would require someone with a whole lot of time and money to focus on the cause, and as we've just seen collecting money for your emulation project will get you sued out of existence within 3 years

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Waffleman_ posted:

https://x.com/Wario64/status/1764746711111733708?s=20

in lighter news, lmao Skull and Bones is already selling for 45 bucks

I’m a bit worried about Ubisoft, they haven’t had much of a hit since Valhalla. And they employ thousands.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rinkles posted:

I’m a bit worried about Ubisoft, they haven’t had much of a hit since Valhalla. And they employ thousands.

Lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rinkles posted:

They should try making good games

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lol at Ubisoft deservedly getting it's poo poo kicked in by every other big release.

Not lol at the inevitable mass layoffs.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rinkles posted:

Oh no the Singapore studio is absolutely gone at this point

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Prince of Persia came out this year, it's just nobody bought it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

https://x.com/Wario64/status/1764746711111733708?s=20

in lighter news, lmao Skull and Bones is already selling for 45 bucks

yeah S&B is not even a AAA game. It cuts so many corners, and its graphics engine is the same as what was used for Assassin's Creed Blackflag, an Xbox 360/PS3 game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ImpAtom posted:

That can't have been one of those games that took a team of 5000 to make though

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I said come in! posted:

yeah S&B is not even a AAA game.

That's right. It's AAAA.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

njsykora posted:

PC gamers acting like it's their divine right to play every videogame ever made because they spent 4x more on their gaming machine than everyone else is one of the more tiresome trends of this console generation. Reminds me of when the Switch was new and the immediate response to every new game was begging for a Switch port.

It is the divine right of all modern Gamers to be able to play all modern video games on all modern consoles. To think otherwise is anti-gamer.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Citra, the 3DS emulator, probably gone as well

https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1764739216745906604

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

GitHub has already been removed. It's dead.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They also apparently put out a statement blaming the community and how dare you leak games and we're so disillusioned

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yep, I was able to grab the latest nightly build before it disappeared.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

They also apparently put out a statement blaming the community and how dare you leak games and we're so disillusioned

That is how their statement read to me, even though there are apparently saved chat logs of the devs bragging about Switch piracy.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah that's the boilerplate "we have to say this, cause it just cost us $2.4 milly" statement

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

It was Good

In my perfect world they would just release a ton of these midbudget games by liquidating all the resources for their big stupid billion-dollar open world games that I hate

So when's the hyper-expensive GaaS Assassin's Creed game that flames out after 6 months of operation coming out

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

That is how their statement read to me, even though there are apparently saved chat logs of the devs bragging about Switch piracy.

Humanity's inability to not post mycrimes.txt remains both our greatest strength and greatest weakness.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

That, Assassin's Creed Mirage, and Avatar Frontier of Pandora were pretty good. UBISoft is capable of making good games! It's just that their marketing sucks, and people are tired of their games.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

njsykora posted:

PC gamers acting like it's their divine right to play every videogame ever made because they spent 4x more on their gaming machine than everyone else is one of the more tiresome trends of this console generation. Reminds me of when the Switch was new and the immediate response to every new game was begging for a Switch port.

every game should be ported to switch

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yuzu has lost the mandate of windows 7

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
stop using windows 7

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

People who still use Windows 7 are absolute scum deserving of nothing but hatred.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
out of all the computer psychos, the people who refuse to move on from windows 7, but also refuse to use, another operating system, ftw.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lol at them referring to themselves as a 'paying customer'

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

every game should be ported to switch

I mean that is basically what has already happened, and all of those current gen ports to the Switch suck rear end.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

stev posted:

Lol at Ubisoft deservedly getting it's poo poo kicked in by every other big release.

Not lol at the inevitable mass layoffs.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I love and support IP law

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Lol at them referring to themselves as a 'paying customer'
he aint wrong

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

homeless snail posted:

he aint wrong

I mean in every sense of the word, they are. Patreon is a "We give you money so you can do things" service, not a "you put money in and are assured a product" service. Someone can tell you to gently caress off and post a picture of them burning your money and your only recourse is to stop subbing because they literally owe you nothing legally or morally.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

except for the patreon exclusive early access builds he was paying for

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

homeless snail posted:

except for the patreon exclusive early access builds he was paying for

Higher patreon tiers are access to things, not promise of things. Subbing to a podcast on Patreon doesn't mean you're going to get extra episodes or your money back. It's why someone like Lowtax could reliably make shittons of money off Patreon despite doing nothing.

In theory if you don't do things they stop subbing to you.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i remember some psycho in the ps5 thread was a windows 7 holdout and even pulled out the "you only get malware if you're not careful" line which i think was maybe true in like, 2010

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is windows 11 good? i'm still on 10.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Jay Rust posted:

I've got it running on one of my laptops, it's fine. It's kinda got the same thing where if you're a configuration freak like me you're gonna be under the hood turning off settings and shutting down their stupid nagware anyway, it's just different flavors and another upgrade for regular security work for the near-future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

It's not terrible if you change some of the default UI stuff and it's a bit more of an effort to get a local account if you don't want to use a Microsoft account for everything but it's not like Windows 8 bad or anything. I still prefer 10 though personally.