Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Just started an alt and it hit me that the "Fortress Walls" newbie zone is harder than any encounter in the game except maybe a couple of the bosses with dodge-or-die mechanics.

Pretty sure Sturiax the Burning Sky has killed me more times than Lagon and Emperor of Corpses combined.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah I ran through there as rogue and even with some decent gear from my high lvl char it was tough lol. Wasn't as hard for the sentinel though, or acolyte.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

It’s the fire archer dudes that always get me. I walk towards a pack and like six of them shoot me at the same time as there goes 3/4 of my level six health.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Level 67 VK Healing hands autobomber just moon-walked through Lagon in the level 75 monolith. Face tanked his beam and every other attack except for the round moon thing that I know hits really hard and I didn't want to risk it. Even with crappy gear and zero ward or ward retention gear I am regularly hitting 4k~5k ward on stationary bosses.

Resists are mostly capped and skills are at level 18 for the most part and I just got my first "+ skill" item for the build from Lagon. Anomaly unfortunately, but eh.. better than a kick in the nads!

Ran one quick echo at level 85, and skated through it no problem even though I'm 18 levels lower than the mobs.

I can see how some people think this is a bad thing, but I'm having a blast and I'm sure things will get more challenging as I get into empowered and then start doing corruption stuff.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Locator posted:

Level 67 VK Healing hands autobomber just moon-walked through Lagon in the level 75 monolith. Face tanked his beam and every other attack except for the round moon thing that I know hits really hard and I didn't want to risk it. Even with crappy gear and zero ward or ward retention gear I am regularly hitting 4k~5k ward on stationary bosses.

Resists are mostly capped and skills are at level 18 for the most part and I just got my first "+ skill" item for the build from Lagon. Anomaly unfortunately, but eh.. better than a kick in the nads!

Ran one quick echo at level 85, and skated through it no problem even though I'm 18 levels lower than the mobs.

I can see how some people think this is a bad thing, but I'm having a blast and I'm sure things will get more challenging as I get into empowered and then start doing corruption stuff.

What did you level as

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

zoux posted:

What did you level as

Hammer throw until I had 10 points in smite.

Mostly following this Allie build - https://www.lastepochtools.com/build-guides/allie---void-knight-devouring-orb-autobomber

Edit: The transition was the toughest part of this so far as I didn't have any good damage gear for smite and devouring orb, so I kept hammer throw specialized and on the skill bar to assist until I got Anomaly unlocked and had swapped a fair amount of gear from thrown damage to void and cast speed.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Some cool builds that are going a little under the radar:

Detonating Arrow + Explosive Trap melee Marksman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXaespW0kMU

Zombie Sacrifice Lich. Popular 0.9.2 build that got bug fixed with 1.0 but still does insane damage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngVxJ-Wn13o

Ghostsurfer Ignite Warlock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=covL-vxRN0E

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Locator posted:

Hammer throw until I had 10 points in smite.

Mostly following this Allie build - https://www.lastepochtools.com/build-guides/allie---void-knight-devouring-orb-autobomber

Edit: The transition was the toughest part of this so far as I didn't have any good damage gear for smite and devouring orb, so I kept hammer throw specialized and on the skill bar to assist until I got Anomaly unlocked and had swapped a fair amount of gear from thrown damage to void and cast speed.

Bleargh sigils, no thanks. The ability to replace sigils in the rotation now is the only reason I even rolled a sentinel alt. I hate sigils!!!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

zoux posted:

Bleargh sigils, no thanks. The ability to replace sigils in the rotation now is the only reason I even rolled a sentinel alt. I hate sigils!!!

The sigils are auto-cast by killing stuff except for bosses.

Edit: A smarter person than me could probably figure out another skill that synergizes well and reallocate some points and make it work. I sometimes completely forget about the sigils on bosses too and other than speed of kill probably makes zero difference.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 4, 2024

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Locator posted:

The sigils are auto-cast by killing stuff except for bosses.

Edit: A smarter person than me could probably figure out another skill that synergizes well and reallocate some points and make it work. I sometimes completely forget about the sigils on bosses too and other than speed of kill probably makes zero difference.

Oh yeah, there's quite a few builds that don't. Auto cast is good though, all I remember from pre-1.0 sentinels in manually casting 3 sigils, draining your entire mana pool, and having to void reverse it back.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Auto-casting is so weird. How has the same hack worked across so many games. Even when D3 was so simplified, the trick was there and at least monks used it.

Why have abilities that could easily have 100% uptime and not just make them toggles. Or have an auto cast built in? I hate it because I don't need it very often, but whenever I do, I forget it and have to look it up again, if you tab out or change zones, you have to do it again, and for most builds that use it, you kinda have to use it, or else you have to be very sure to manually push a button every 4 seconds.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I bought a $5 numpad off amazon for my laptop because the numpad trick is that handy and I can never get an autohotkey script to emulate it correctly.

One weird thing I have found out across multiple computers: You can't numlock trick with certain combinations:1-2 and 1-3 I know won't work. Every other two key combo I have tried works, but for some reason num lock just will not respond if those key combos are held down.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

A Moose posted:

Auto-casting is so weird. How has the same hack worked across so many games. Even when D3 was so simplified, the trick was there and at least monks used it.

Why have abilities that could easily have 100% uptime and not just make them toggles. Or have an auto cast built in? I hate it because I don't need it very often, but whenever I do, I forget it and have to look it up again, if you tab out or change zones, you have to do it again, and for most builds that use it, you kinda have to use it, or else you have to be very sure to manually push a button every 4 seconds.

My reference to auto-cast related to sigils wasn't this, I should have said it's a triggered cast when things are killed (percentage chance). However the auto-bomber build absolutely requires the numlock trick for auto-casting devouring orb and anomaly.

Trip report: Healing hands is confirmed very busted. At level 70 my VK autobomber just stood under level 85 Emperor of Corpses (big bone dragon) head and just face tanked him without moving for the entire fight. My ward would occasionally get knocked down to under 1000 but would immediately pop back up into the 4~5k range. Even if he had knocked down the ward, I have 1500 health and it regenerates as fast as the ward does.

Now in the level 90 monoliths at level 70 and steamrolling (albeit a bit slower due to time to kill the non-trash).

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

There should be an Arena monolith map where you're on the back of that flying thing from the campaign

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Tonetta posted:

just hit rank 10 in cof, def worth

e: I only picked up the 2lp items or better lmao this is wild

heck yeah, glad to see that item factions were worth the wait

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Tonetta posted:

just hit rank 10 in cof, def worth

e: I only picked up the 2lp items or better lmao this is wild

Its beautiful!

I just hit 5 after maybe 12 hours? Hard to tell exactly when I started.

How long do you think it took to get to 10?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

Its beautiful!

I think someone ITT earlier said 9 --> 10 is about the same as 1 --> 9 :/

e;

:neckbeard: Finally

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 4, 2024

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I was dreading monolith Lagon since the campaign version gave me a bit of trouble as a Sorc, but once I saw he wasnt closing the arena properly with his tentacles and allowed me to snipe from the stairs, he was a cakewalk. Only thing I had to dodge was the circular moonbomb. I assume that was a glitch but I'm not gonna lose sleep over cheesing that fight.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Digital Jedi posted:

Its beautiful!

it's like 3.25m influence total. if you're farming around 300-400 corruption and targeting tomes of experience, it'll go a lot quicker but it's entirely xp based. somewhere around 750mil xp total for rank 10, 350mil total xp to hit level 100. it's a grind. you get most the best stuff by rank 8, which is around level 94 or 95 though.

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
OK gently caress Lagon, The Husk of Elder Gaspar is the true king of bullshit.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

two new pieces to my collection

love to be a God Gamer !!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I play controller so I can't ever get my mouse cursor over stuff in time, but how quickly does spirit plague spread when you have everything up and running? Fast enough that I only have to cast it once, or do I need to spam it?

e: for both blood and torment specs

zoux fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 5, 2024

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tonetta posted:

it's like 3.25m influence total. if you're farming around 300-400 corruption and targeting tomes of experience, it'll go a lot quicker but it's entirely xp based. somewhere around 750mil xp total for rank 10, 350mil total xp to hit level 100. it's a grind. you get most the best stuff by rank 8, which is around level 94 or 95 though.

It was a pleasant surprise to see it ramp up with experience gain as I cracked the 200s. Spent like 100k on prophecies then made 30k back before calling it for the night. That 100k was wasted on a single LP2 helm and a metric ton of purple lasers of uselessness, but still.

e:

zoux posted:

I play controller so I can't ever get my mouse cursor over stuff in time, but how quickly does spirit plague spread when you have everything up and running? Fast enough that I only have to cast it once, or do I need to spam it?

e: for both blood and torment specs

If you're talking about the maxroll torment spec, I don't really know there. When I was running bleed it was just a single cast per general cluster, since Chaos Bolt crits spread it and one volley assured anything in a large radius was cursed. You never have to precisely cast it or anything. If anything on controller it'd be fissure and bolts where you'd be worried about accuracy.

I haven't tried it, so I could be way off, but I think my current (Curse's exploitey torment) build would play really well on controller since you never target anything.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 5, 2024

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm doing regular ignite fissure and Spirit Plague is a one-cast-per-group (or map, if you train hard enough) with the Plague Burst node (maxed) because spirits count as your hits. The Discharge node is too slow and is really only if you can't generate hits at all.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lpzie posted:

two new pieces to my collection

love to be a God Gamer !!

hey lpzie how come the items I see on reddit like this have four affixes but you have three? are these like lower quality?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

hey lpzie how come the items I see on reddit like this have four affixes but you have three? are these like lower quality?

Since he buys gold he can only buy what's on the marketplace, sad.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Trip update - Level 73 and just killed Heroot, boss of level 90 monolith. Lol. Completely face-tanking and dodging nothing. By far the earliest (lowest level) I've ever finished a level 90 monolith boss.

Crappy blessing rolls though.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

probably ai creations, second hand meat mouth. somethingawful has a strict anti ai policy to help make sure you get the real deals and fast from todays top players (me, maybe others)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lpzie posted:

probably ai creations, second hand meat mouth. somethingawful has a strict anti ai policy to help make sure you get the real deals and fast from todays top players (me, maybe others)

thanks lpzie, makes sense

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Love to run around on my Beastmaster with my four pets: Primal Wolf, Primal Wolf, Primal Wolf, and Bark Bark.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

which faction should I pick?

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
If you're offline, the only answer is CoF.

For online, do you see yourself trading with other players? Do you want to find exactly the thing you're looking for, even if that means fewer interesting drops?

Or do you enjoy hunting for your own items? Do you like big loot explosions?

There isn't a "better" choice right now, just what you want out of the game.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

how much friction is involved in trading in this game compared to say PoE?

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
pretty much zero, the bazaar has a very clear and clean setup and lets you search for affixes and item types you want directly; also every gear piece and major weapon type has their own individual vendor for listing things so you dont have to dig through a giant central listing of what everyone is selling

only thing you need is gold and faction reputation to buy items, and you get both fairly easily from just playing the game and selling good stuff of your own

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

bawfuls posted:

how much friction is involved in trading in this game compared to say PoE?

Click and buy*
*awful search and 100s lvls of exp needed to access good items
It is also per-character so one char could be a CoF while another is MG.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Erulisse posted:

Click and buy*
*awful search and 100s lvls of exp needed to access good items
It is also per-character so one char could be a CoF while another is MG.

Reputation is account wide though, so if you have 2 characters on CoF they will both share the same rank and earn xp towards the next rank for both of them.

In other news, hit empowered Monoliths at level 77 on the VK and facetanked every single one of the level 90 bosses including Gaspar.

I specced away from the build guide, giving up a bit of healing efficiency in order to make the healing hands always hit me no matter where my smite is targeted so now I can be completely lazy and never even move as long as the boss stays on the screen for me to target, and because of that my ward is going even higher as my smites landing outside of the tiny 'near me' area no longer fail to hit me with the healing hands... so 5k~7k ward now with pretty much the same gear I've been wearing since 50, with the exception of a +2 levels to Devouring Orb, and all skills are maxed now.

They absolutely have to nerf this, but it's pretty hilarious for now.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Not sure if I hosed this up:

The increased phys DOES something for a falcon centered build right?

Also, this was kind of cool:

Perhaps for a spellblade reave build

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 5, 2024

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

That works for a falcon bleed build, yeah.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I don't think so. It needs to be bow damage as I understand it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Never played LE before, coming from POE

I decided to roll a sorc as I normally don't play casters, and the game wasn't really clicking. I was playing lightning blast and glacier till about level 30, then changed for full lightning with static orb.

Started to have a bit more fun, got some synergies going, then started to really feel the lack of single target and switched to Convergence.

It did amazing damage and felt lovely to play.

I managed to find the Meteor on crit belt, and switched to the following:

Frost Claws, speced into fire, ele nova on hit, with as much -mana and cast speed. Cost 0 mana and has a chance to return 12 mana

Ele nova speced as crit fire

Meteor with the -75% res, damage, crit, and AOE

Teleport and flame shield for buffs and mobility

Frost Claws procs meteors and ele novas, huge AoE lights the whole screen on fire. Seems to suffer a little on single target - I probably need more crit to get better meteor procs. Leveling in the mid 60s and having a blast. I should have moved on sooner from lightning blast