Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tommy Tallarico?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Fajita Queen posted:

The halo soundtrack guy is running for congress lol

Had no idea he was mega maga

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Dune Awakening! A survival game where you mine rocks to build a luxury condo in the wasteland!

https://x.com/culturecrave/status/1764733422856265811?s=46

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

Dune Awakening! A survival game where you mine rocks to build a luxury condo in the wasteland!

frankly, sold

i want to play No Man's Dunc

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

frankly, sold

i want to play No Man's Dunc

This looks like its going to more be like Conan Exiles, which sucked.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I never want to mine anything with lasers ever again.

Someone make a Dune sandworm kart racer please.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love Dune but I've never thought it would be a fun game. Even the fun dune game that invented RTS felt like sandy Warcraft more than dune to me. I can just enjoy games that have a big sand dune area and sandworms. Tremors is the more reasonably gamified sandworm game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

theres lots of good dune games, even beyond dune 2. there's like three amazing dune board games at this point that perfectly recreate the feeling of the books. there's a really good dune ttrpg out right now. dune spice wars is sick, dune 1992 is, an interesting and fairly unique adventur game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Flipping through this file wondering why this poo poo sounds familiar and THEY'RE SEEDING FUCKIN' WATCH_DOGS

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Is there one that lets me play during the Butlerian Jihad and kill all the machines

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

youve read too many brian herbert books and have strayed from the way of god

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cheetah7071 posted:

Discord is significantly better than professional services like Teams and could probably make a go at offering services to non-gamers for coporation-level money

Slack already exists

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/39170/MONSTER_HUNTER_20TH_ANNIVERSARY_PACK/

Monster Hunter World and Rise bundle for 20 bucks on Stem

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

doesnt include the expansions - BORING

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Zokari posted:

doesnt include the expansions - BORING
simple. just buy the other bundle then
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/39039/MONSTER_HUNTER_20TH_ANNIVERSARY_COMPLETE_PACK/

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Steve Yun posted:

drat, could've been the balatro of snake-likes. Maybe next time.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

that isn't 20 bucks you fucker

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Gaming update: I love Marvels Midnight Suns holy crap.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/DreaminErryDay/status/1764737724219609576

Yuzu may have Specifically hosed Up in a way outside general emulation

what did this say

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It said that there were emulation fixes specifically for TotK pay walled on their patreon before the game came out

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i guess they had been around long enough that they thought nintendo didn't care, lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

homeless snail posted:

theres lots of good dune games, even beyond dune 2. there's like three amazing dune board games at this point that perfectly recreate the feeling of the books. there's a really good dune ttrpg out right now. dune spice wars is sick, dune 1992 is, an interesting and fairly unique adventur game

I was looking to buy one of those old dune board games because I couldn't find any good pictures of the cards. My buddy has a different dune game with an amazing cover or box, haven't played it though.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zokari posted:

i guess they had been around long enough that they thought nintendo didn't care, lol

it's a real "walter white leaving the book in the bathroom" level of hubris

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

I was looking to buy one of those old dune board games because I couldn't find any good pictures of the cards. My buddy has a different dune game with an amazing cover or box, haven't played it though.
the one with the cool cover I think you're talking about is a reprint of the old one, its an intensely weird game but does a really good job of representing the also intensely weird politics going on in the book. then theres dune imperium which is less intensely weird and more just a regular euro worker placement game but, its still pretty interesting and also doesnt require 5 people to play it because its less interested in one player roleplaying the spacing guild or whatever

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they made a third edition of that 70s dune game that cuts a lot of stuff out in an attempt to cut the playtime in half and puts timothee chalamets face on the box thats, quite frankly fail, however. what a downgrade. think it exists mostly out of publisher jealousy that imperium is the better playing game, and forgetting that people specifically love how weird and hostile the 70s game is

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I played Resdient Evil 8: Shadow of Rose. The part with the mannequins was too scary. I don't like that. Don't put that in any more video games please

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

holy gently caress, I initially thought the price was really good and then I saw the dlc..
why is the DLC more expensive than the base game, does it add that much more content?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's just that the base game has been out for longer, so it's had a price cut, whereas Iceborne looks like it's still usually going for launch price.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Waffleman_ posted:

It's just that the base game has been out for longer, so it's had a price cut, whereas Iceborne looks like it's still usually going for launch price.

sorry my iq is single digits but this makes sense
I'd probably play Rise online but too many cool games are coming out soon so I'll have to pass

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kefa posted:

holy gently caress, I initially thought the price was really good and then I saw the dlc..
why is the DLC more expensive than the base game, does it add that much more content?
they pretty much double the size of the games. maybe more than double in rises case

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I updated ryujinx and it's a major update.

Does that have anything to do with the yuzu situation?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Kefa posted:

monhun expansions are practically a second game slapped on top of the og game. Before the price reduction of the base games kick in the expansions are generally the same or slightly cheaper in price.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

I said come in! posted:

This looks like its going to more be like Conan Exiles, which sucked.

What did you dislike about it? I had a blast with it on a goon carebear server with some resource multiplier tweaks to shave off the grind. But to each their own obv

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

homeless snail posted:

they made a third edition of that 70s dune game that cuts a lot of stuff out in an attempt to cut the playtime in half and puts timothee chalamets face on the box thats, quite frankly fail, however. what a downgrade. think it exists mostly out of publisher jealousy that imperium is the better playing game, and forgetting that people specifically love how weird and hostile the 70s game is

I get cross promotion, but think ahead a little. People are still sharing designs from 50 years ago. If the modern tie in had done some cool illustration, it would still be something people would appreciate in the future. Now it just looks like anything they print the movie poster stuff on, I've seen tie-in cups with more intentional use of design space, it's under some sink somewhere.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Drives me nuts whenever a book gets a film adaptation and then for ages every printing just has a carbon copy of the movie poster for a cover and a "NOW A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE" sticker slapped on it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Lol I had 2 normal LotR books but Return of the King was the really bad movie cover edition. Or maybe it was a combo edition I finished Return with, because it was only the first movie coming out.

I bought myself a cool edition later, but it got waterlogged along with an original commissioned KC Green comic when the mini fridge in dorm leaked or defrosted and soaked into my packed up boxes. Ruined like a dozen Terry Pratchett books too.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Mode 7 posted:

Drives me nuts whenever a book gets a film adaptation and then for ages every printing just has a carbon copy of the movie poster for a cover and a "NOW A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE" sticker slapped on it.

Yeah it sucks when publishers try to make books more approachable

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

homeless snail posted:

the problem is, people are very stupid and also making webpages is lost knowledge

there's no point making a website since nobody will find or visit it anyways when the entire internet goes through google search and all the seo'd up adspam will always beat you unless you work full time on bullshit
unless you're making it purely to link to your pals on a dead gay internet forum

that one costs too much because it prices in the weird pokemon clone that ill never play

isthereanydeal pointed me to fanatical though which has rise + dlc for 17 bucks (and yes it gives a steam key)
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/monster-hunter-and-rise-sunbreak

i think buying the rise+dlc and world+dlc bundles separately on fanatical is the cheapest way to get both games if you dont care about the spinoff jrpg but I already have world so I dont have to think too hard about that

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

homeless snail posted:

youve read too many brian herbert books and have strayed from the way of god

i've read all of the brian herbert books and i liked them. god better fuckin' watch himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

People always say don't judge a book by its cover but I'm not buying a book if its got a bad cover.