Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Shoehead posted:

Monday/Tuesday is my weekend and I played all from the end of Junon to Mt. Corel and all I can say is this game is filling me with joy.

Dude it is just so loving good :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

ImpAtom posted:

You dive through the two rings and pull up basically as soon as you're through the second ring. Make sure you don't accidentally break or anything when pulling up and you'll hit the third ring, and from there you shouldn't hit anything but left/right and glide slowly over towards the remaining two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG4AGX_gx0g&t=288s

It might help to look at a video and visualize what you need to do.

Thanks for this. Regrettably, this is what I was already trying to do. It's very bizarre that the chocobo literally collides with the drone and it caps your air; it really feels like that's supposed to be a horizontal ring you sail upwards through before gliding comfortably to the finish. I guess this is just a thing you have to just do over and over again until it works. After all, it only needs to work once.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Start of Chapter 3 is hilarious. When Cloud jokes around and the party that it'll cost 2000 credits to take the lead as a merc. Aerith goes and says "Thats enough for two of her standard "courses". Tifa goes what now? And Cloud just grunts and walks away embarrassed. Great callback to the hand massage bit and Madam M.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Freaking chapter 13 took like 5 hours to beat. Anyone who has beaten the game remember how long the final chapter took? Wanna see if I can finish the story off tonight.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Man, Cloud is such a dick. Aerith is pouring her heart out about how death isn't the end for us and Cloud interrupts her and says "Are you done?" gently caress you, Cloud :mad:

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

Holy poo poo, the trial of Red XIII is upsetting :stonk:

Rageaholic posted:

Man, Cloud is such a dick. Aerith is pouring her heart out about how death isn't the end for us and Cloud interrupts her and says "Are you done?" gently caress you, Cloud :mad:

Looks like we're neck and neck. There's a reason why he's acting that way. You're my puppet, Cloud

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Caseman posted:

Looks like we're neck and neck. There's a reason why he's acting that way. You're my puppet, Cloud
"Fill your hollow heart.........with rage."

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Hiveminded posted:

A bad post

WRONG

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

I’m bad at the card game, I keep getting locked out on spaces

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I am incredibly looking forward to beating the poo poo out of Hojo in Part 3.

Hojo should have died at Costa Del Sol, it was very silly that your group just lets him go.

Kosume Shezaki
Feb 23, 2006
You eventually get cards that can break past enemy lines but it's still really annoying for a while.secondary question can you get back to gold saucer freely? Missed a card battle in junon so haven't had the right rank for most of Corelli before I realized there wasn't some hidden cluster before moving on. Would like to knock out the challenged once I can

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
You can go back anywhere, but you might have to solve the pressing issue of the chapter you're in before you are able to. Though I haven't found a way to get back to Upper Junon. Does that place close off after you leave?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

UP AND ADAM posted:

You can go back anywhere, but you might have to solve the pressing issue of the chapter you're in before you are able to. Though I haven't found a way to get back to Upper Junon. Does that place close off after you leave?

I was wondering about this too and it appears you cant go back that I can find.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Hojo should have died at Costa Del Sol, it was very silly that your group just lets him go.

They gotta follow the source material

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Sweet and sour salvo is the best attack in this game lmao

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Out of curiosity, what are all the outcomes of the parade
I take I that Tseng identifying you means you always get the commendation, and the variable award is instead for the unrelated performance award that heimerdigger hands out

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

RME posted:

I take I that Tseng identifying you means you always get the commendation, and the variable award is instead for the unrelated performance award that heimerdigger hands out

I think it's just a cheevo if you win

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Moogle: "You can't catch me..!! :carol:"

My internal monologue: "Maybe Sephiroth is right....how can the planet be good, if it creates monsters like this?"

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

RME posted:

There are just two I think. Either you win the first prize or roche does, depending on your performance. Then you always win the second one

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
What exactly are you meant to do in the Musclehead Colosseum? Am I just supposed to come back when I'm level 99? Am I really expected to fight eight loving things that ping pong my character around with no recourse but to take a thousand damage every time I dare to stop moving and try to swing my loving weapon? What is this?

edit: as usual complaining on the internet magically made me win next attempt

Nucular Carmul fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 5, 2024

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yo endgame/post game people, is there a decent money sink in this game at some point? With going for a more completionist playthrough, I haven't really bought a whole lot, since you find/earn/craft most things.

I'm sitting on 80k gil, and short of buying shop materia to the point that I have 7 of each, I haven't seen a whole lot to spend on yet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crawfish posted:

Yo endgame/post game people, is there a decent money sink in this game at some point? With going for a more completionist playthrough, I haven't really bought a whole lot, since you find/earn/craft most things.

I'm sitting on 80k gil, and short of buying shop materia to the point that I have 7 of each, I haven't seen a whole lot to spend on yet.

Mostly I spent money on buying any of the materials for the crafting list I didn't feel like going to farm.

However one of the last materia you get is Gil Throw so...

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Oh that's fun. Outside of the main story, Max Mittelman recorded every line of audio for Red-13 twice.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am genuinely surprised I don't see more people responding to Test 0.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Are there any queens blood players in the junon area outside the city? I have been enjoying the far cry stuff but I crave card combat and am thinking about bailing on it to advance the story (find more queens blood opponents)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Are there any queens blood players in the junon area outside the city? I have been enjoying the far cry stuff but I crave card combat and am thinking about bailing on it to advance the story (find more queens blood opponents)

Yeah but not until you progress the story a little

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Wish more npcs icons were on in the mini-map

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Managed to win a game 62-0. Could maybe break 70 against a sufficiently bad opponent or if I get very lucky

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

i got through it the following try by using reraise (and just healing better in general), but is there a trick to surviving (Junon) the AOE the mindflayer seems to drop at 10-25% health? it feels like i'm missing some trigger/tell

e: holy poo poo this is the first time i noticed the baby chocobo takes a nap with you when you use a cushion. how did the moogles wind up the way they did

stuker fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 5, 2024

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Elena being this horrible little goblin of a person is delightful and gives her a much better dynamic with the Turks. I also enjoy the fact that she is both terrifyingly dangerous and also a complete fuckup who you can make run off cliffs.

Honestly like a part of me would gladly play a DLC where you had a team of just the Turks.

Isn’t there a EU game about the Turks?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

All 10 or so of those Before Crisis Turks better be in Part 3

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Hype for Elena

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Skeezy posted:

Isn’t there a EU game about the Turks?

Before Crisis, yes. Though it's a very early mobile phone game that no one outside of Japan ever got to play. Elements of it have been brought into Remake's canon, like Avalanche being a relatively large organization with different cells, not just Barret and co., and them being responsible for trying to assassinate President Shinra (on Rufus's order, it ultimately turns out), but the rest of BC is just kinda "shrug?". And I guess Cissnei, who started out in Before Crisis then made the jump to Crisis Core and then Rebirth.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Done, good stuff. Though I am a little annoyed that one of the final bosses can only be hurt by magical attacks and it cycles through its vulnerability at no point in the game has that mechanic ever been needed.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

stuker posted:

i got through it the following try by using reraise (and just healing better in general), but is there a trick to surviving (Junon) the AOE the mindflayer seems to drop at 10-25% health? it feels like i'm missing some trigger/tell

e: holy poo poo this is the first time i noticed the baby chocobo takes a nap with you when you use a cushion. how did the moogles wind up the way they did

I think that's an enrage cast that's designed to wipe you. I ran into that the first time, then redid my party to take advantage of its weaknesses listed in the Assess screen to stagger it way quicker and killed it way before it could cast that.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

By the way, if you don’t pet the baby Chocobo every time you fix a Chocobo stop, you’re a loving monster

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

There are a few in the Crows Nest town on the eastern side of the map. If you haven’t been there yet you need to do a side quest to get access to the town: the one where you follow the mayors dog

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I got 99887 on my first attempt at the Junon infantry dance lol >:|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ghouldaddy07 posted:

I legit want a full game of the piano simulator

Same, I'm pretty good at it now that I have a decent feel for it. Can get high A scores on the two songs I've done so far pretty consistently. Star is pretty goofy, though - it seems to require not a single miss, and no more than one or two Goods (if that). I had only 1 miss and 4 goods on a song and was over 500 points short of stat ranking. Fortunately A seems to be all that gets you a reward.