Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hed posted:

Yeah that was kinda :stare: but hell it’s likely going to be really tough along with that schedule next year for the Gatas. Like Napier lost a bet with the league office.

When Spurrier publicly roasts a Gator coach it’s bad bad. Between that and Etienne basically being like “yeah why would I not try to win a title as RB1 instead of losing as RB2” Napier feels especially like a dead man walking.

Looking forward to watching the expanded playoffs with actual good football teams next year though :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I know one of y'all got the Goldy Bitch gif saved for me, right?

nm, found it

https://i.imgur.com/7E7CoiN.mp4

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 3, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/OBWire/status/1764077643693948960

No wonder Ewers couldn't hit him deep. He's just too fast

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://x.com/Trey2Triggerr/status/1764038699589812460?s=20

McConkey to the Chiefs seems kinda pre-ordained at this point

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

loving Florida, man.

https://twitter.com/EmmittSmith22/status/1764350380941713637

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The Desantification of UF is really disheartening (also gently caress Ben Sasse) and I’m still pissed about New College.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

LeeMajors posted:

The Desantification of UF is really disheartening (also gently caress Ben Sasse) and I’m still pissed about New College.

While UF and New College make the news I would be shocked if the same poo poo didn’t happen at all the state schools. I know there’s some kind of bullshit at FAU hiring some but I don’t know the details.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Nystral posted:

While UF and New College make the news I would be shocked if the same poo poo didn’t happen at all the state schools. I know there’s some kind of bullshit at FAU hiring some but I don’t know the details.

Oh I’m sure it’s coming unless some progress is made rooting out the fascists, but theyve got their little unqualified nazi plants at both schools and have already started their regressive brain drain poo poo. New College is dead in the water and UF seems to be a bit ahead of the curve.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I'm honestly surprised USF and UCF have seemed relatively unscathed

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

pillsburysoldier posted:

I'm honestly surprised USF and UCF have seemed relatively unscathed

Speaking from Texan experience, rather than Floridian, but the legislators and state government folks driving these sorts of things are often focused on the “flagship” schools because most of them went there and/or that’s what generates headlines. Texas and aTm got all the attention during Perry’s shittification drive while Tech and UNT and such were a bit more under the radar.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
They need to bring back the mode where you get to replay classic plays/drives/games from cfb lore.

I full expect it to be a terrible madden clone with the worst ever dynasty mode possible where they forget to put in the ability for players to progress their stats and by year 5 the top players are 70 overall. Also the entire focus will be on micro transaction NFTs or some ultimate madden rear end.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
The dominant big ten west

https://x.com/BenScottStevens/status/1764405619946123750?s=20

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

I forget if I've asked this- since they've turned over New College with a new student body of "baseball players from right-wing Christian academies who'll do what Chris Rufo tells them to do," are they actually going to compete at the NCAA level in sports, or what

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

I forget if I've asked this- since they've turned over New College with a new student body of "baseball players from right-wing Christian academies who'll do what Chris Rufo tells them to do," are they actually going to compete at the NCAA level in sports, or what

A good question I’ll have to look into. When I was being recruited academically there in the late 90s early 00s it was just a small honors college of USF with club sports only and I *think* a sub 1k enrollment if I remember correctly. Beautiful and academically rigorous.

gently caress DeSantis and Rufo with a garden rake.

E: a brief look shows them accepted into NAIA with limited programs. Still mostly club sports. Man, what a shame what they’ve done.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 4, 2024

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

The whole New College baseball thing is just insane, if you got a spare hour here's a good video on how it happened and what it means for the students and players who got recruiting under probably false pretenses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqNPY0pnQ2E

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nystral posted:

UCF just renamed the department, which does the same thing but with a different vocab to get around the law, and kept everyone. UF and the New College are the only schools firing people so far as far as I know.

Most FL colleges lost their staff unions too due to the state union rules. Some can re-certify but UCF's AFSCME staff chapter dropped the ball, they suck so it's not surprising, and they're toast since they didn't file to recertify.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1764670100928418140?t=LOpLvAXIigfteORnWuLDZw&s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dance McPants posted:

The whole New College baseball thing is just insane, if you got a spare hour here's a good video on how it happened and what it means for the students and players who got recruiting under probably false pretenses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqNPY0pnQ2E

I’ll need to sit down and watch this. I did some light reading on it this morning because I only had tangential knowledge of the trustee takeover—I didn’t realize it went so far as to literally swell attendance and try to make it into a loving conservative degree mill. I thought their efforts were centered on appointing weird christofascist ghouls like Rufo, but I guess they aren’t mutually exclusive.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What does it have to do with baseball?

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

A school that never had competitive NCAA sports now has a baseball team with over 2 times the roster of any college or MLB team...but still no baseball field. Kinda weird.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dance McPants posted:

A school that never had competitive NCAA sports now has a baseball team with over 2 times the roster of any college or MLB team...but still no baseball field. Kinda weird.

And they funneled a shitload of financial aid to those kids who didn’t meet academic standards.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Also, the school was so small that now 1/3 the student body is on the baseball team.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

the video looks to be gone, whatever it was.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

it's going to just be madden with a thin coat of paint on it, isn't it?

I'm trying not to get suckered in for this but I know I'm going to buy it anyway

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've seen a bunch of players posting an I'M IN THE GAME image on Instagram, which is just hilariously quaint to my eyes

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Stay strong and hold out for College Bowl

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1226160/College_Bowl/

Even if it's Legend Bowl with a thin coat of paint, it'll at least be cheaper and people will mod in the real teams

(I'll probably end up buying both...)

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Jeremor posted:

it's going to just be madden with a thin coat of paint on it, isn't it?

I'm trying not to get suckered in for this but I know I'm going to buy it anyway

From what I understand, they deliberately wanted to present a different gameplay style than Madden and have built it ground up with a different engine.

So yeah, it'll probably be Madden with fresh paint

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If Madden itself actually got a fresh coat of paint, it would be the best Madden in 10 years.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I haven’t anticipated a game published by EA this much since Mass Effect Andromeda. Lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
As someone who has played a good amount of the last three Madden’s in a row, they’ve gotten much more stable performance/glitch-wise as this generation has gone on. I would be totally stoked if College Football 25 is just Madden 24 with the college assets and music.

Also bonus: surely there’s no MUT in EACF to have to navigate around just to play my fuckin’ franchise mode.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Over the past decade, I've gotten the itch and bought maybe every third year's Madden and played around with it a bit before bouncing off of it. One thing I've noticed is that the user interface seems to get worse and worse every year over every console generation. Preview of what depth chart will look like for an 85-man roster:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Soul Glo posted:

Also bonus: surely there’s no MUT in EACF to have to navigate around just to play my fuckin’ franchise mode.

surely not

it will be called Ultimate Recruiting or some bullshit like that

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NCAAF 14 had Ultimate Team

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Back in the day, NCAA was always the prior year's Madden with all the bug fixes plus tweaks/changes to account for how different the college game is -- not just playbooks, but actual work to make the option game work decently, for example.

Everything from EA runs on the Frostbite game engine (as opposed to something like Unreal), including all the sports games now, so it won't be a different engine.

Declan MacManus posted:

surely not

it will be called Ultimate Recruiting or some bullshit like that

EA hasn't put any Ultimate Team poo poo into any of the franchise modes, not even in the actual money-maker, EA FC (nee FIFA).

sometimes it means they aren't putting as much priority into developing Franchise, but they also are starting from zero again for College Football, and must know that most of the players coming back from the old NCAA Football games played a lot of the single-player Franchise or online Franchise modes.

Ultimate Team will be in there, and separate. And I might be most excited for that, because if they do it right, there are so many good college players from the past. A backfield of Reggie Bush, Barry Sanders and Mike Vick running the wishbone?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lol

https://twitter.com/AnwarRichardson/status/1764835201283158059?t=UU9wKhB1WSJKgWOPEYa9fg&s=19

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I mean, what's $600 to Arch Manning?

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I mean Arch Manning isn’t even going to be on the field next year so whatever

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year