Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Junpei posted:

seriously how much of a narcissist do you have to be to do all of this

I think what we learned today is that the person we thought was The Dark Id was actually a Yoko Taro character all this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Junpei posted:

seriously how much of a narcissist do you have to be to do all of this
You have to be such a shithead to continue lying when people start extending their heartfelt sympathy for your cancer diagnosis or dead daughter but I just cannot get over how funny the Tactical Gamer is. It's been like 20 years but I... don't remember the old LPs having these extended asides about his personal life or the weird military fixation? Like if you told me that "TID is a cringey Internet Tough Guy" I would have believed you, but I had no idea about any of this.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
pathological liars can't stop and once you get that attention and internet fame, i doubt it is easy for a pathological liar to walk away from it

so what im saying is - how long until he returns? because he will return

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
He's in here... with us

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
TDI probably constantly looks at himself in mirrors

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jeez, get things straight people. The fake hot snarky gamer wife and the psycho French mercenary from across the tracks are two totally distinct OCs. The hot wife was so broken up over the fake daughter's death that they split up, and she never posted anything ever again. Presumably she also took the still-alive fake son with her into the phantom zone because he never comes up again either.

Number Two would never be in a relationship with TDI, she's a lesbian. (She left the warzone where she was single handedly defeating the entire Russian war effort to make out with Japanese girl)

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

My small contribution to this is that is an anecdote. At one point Dark Id started "drunkenly" ranting at some kind of medical professional who dealt with soldiers about how bad his PTSD was. In a series of tweets that I think are all gone now he claimed to have shot a child soldier at some point and to have killed an enemy soldier with a fire axe. I remember his phrasing on the thing with the child soldier being something like, "there is nothing worse than seeing seeing a kid start to raise his gun and know you have to put him down." Paraphrasing from memory obviously.

So I was with a buddy at the time and I was like "wow, the guy who did the Drakengard LP is really going through some poo poo apparently" and my friend who has a much better bullshit detector then I do was just immediately like "oh, he's lying." I was completely floored because it had never even OCCURED to me to think he was lying. But once it's been pointed out to you it's pretty obvious.

I have to admit mentally I still hedged a bit because the idea of saying that his daughter dying in particular was fake and being wrong felt so onerous I was not really able to commit to it.

EDIT: I really wish the tweets still existed and I could find them. I think it was after his daughter "died" but I'm not really sure.

Sam Sanskrit has a new favorite as of 02:41 on Mar 5, 2024

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Leal posted:

The real question is, did his PS2 actually die or did he make that up too?

Number Two...

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Sam Sanskrit posted:

My small contribution to this is that is an anecdote. At one point Dark Id started "drunkenly" ranting at some kind of medical professional who dealt with soldiers about how bad his PTSD was. In a series of tweets that I think are all gone now he claimed to have shot a child soldier at some point and to have killed an enemy soldier with a fire axe. I remember his phrasing on the thing with the child soldier being something like, "there is nothing worse than seeing seeing a kid start to raise his gun and know you have to put him down." Paraphrasing from memory obviously.

So I was with a buddy at the time and I was like "wow, the guy who did the Drakengard LP is really going through some poo poo apparently" and my friend who has a much better bullshit detector then I do was just immediately like "oh, he's lying." I was completely floored because it had never even OCCURED to me to think he was lying. But once it's been pointed out to you it's pretty obvious.

I have to admit mentally I still hedged a bit because the idea of saying that his daughter dying in particular was fake and being wrong felt so onerous I was not really able to commit to it.

That's a fair point. Dark Id's lies only really started coming to light when we can piece them all together in hindsight. He was juuuuust charismatic enough that we smoothed them over and believed him until it all came crashing down now.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

People are made of meat, beef is a type of meat, cancer is your own meat killing you slowly, slowbeef therefore is cancer

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei posted:

That's a fair point. Dark Id's lies only really started coming to light when we can piece them all together in hindsight. He was juuuuust charismatic enough that we smoothed them over and believed him until it all came crashing down now.

Erm..Let's not get ahead of ourselves..I don't think most of us believed any of these individual nutty lies outside the daughter dying thing lol.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay, rephrasing: we just thought they were harmless goofy lies up until now.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

He was always a pathological liar but I like to think it was Drakengard specifically that sent him over the edge into the really hilariously over the top lies

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Junpei posted:

What world do you guys live in :psyduck:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Erm..Let's not get ahead of ourselves..I don't think most of us believed any of these individual nutty lies outside the daughter dying thing lol.

Literally the first I heard of this whole thing was the initial sad posts in the last thread, and you posted the thing about him wanting to outlive Kissinger, and then 5 minutes later someone posts slowbeefs twitter. that was some mad whiplash lol

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I mean I definitely did until it was pointed out how ridiculous they were. But I think I also got out early relative to some of the wacky poo poo that has been posted in this thread.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Blarghalt posted:

He was always a pathological liar but I like to think it was Drakengard specifically that sent him over the edge into the really hilariously over the top lies

Talking about his special ops PTSD but it's all about cannibal elves

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Junpei posted:

Okay, rephrasing: we just thought they were harmless goofy lies up until now.

they seemed harmless and funny, until they cost 16-bit-butt-head his bedtime

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Like I said in the other thread, the first thing that came to mind when I saw his stories about himself was this guy:

I've encountered teenagers like this in the wild, but not an adult.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Junpei posted:

He was juuuuust charismatic enough

the bar that low?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Neeksy posted:

Like I said in the other thread, the first thing that came to mind when I saw his stories about himself was this guy:

I've encountered teenagers like this in the wild, but not an adult.

what show is this

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Oh no, a goon is dying of cancer that's really sad. Oh and his daughter passed away too, that's so tragic. Wait, what the gently caress do you mean by mercenary

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Most people are just conflict-avoidant which is probably for the best because the exceptions are huge aggro assholes, but it does mean that people are strongly inclined to not speak up even if something stinks. Especially if the interaction is private and/or 1-to-1, people doubt themselves, or they think that it's not a big deal that's worth making a fuss. That's why announcing a big countdown to die was the inciting incident, because everyone expressing grief was too obnoxious for Slowbeef to ignore.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Lmao I thought I finally caught up but no we have a new thread with 11 pages of new Deep Lore

how the gently caress did anyone believe any of this

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

lobster shirt posted:

what show is this

steven universe

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

how the hell is new poo poo still coming to light lmao, where's a Discord cap of him claiming to cure an orphan's blindness by reciting Grimoire Weiss quotes backwards or some poo poo

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

my personal favorite discord screenshot is the one where he says there's going to be a tactical nuke set off in ukraine and number 2 may be caught in the blast lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think most people were not aware of the Number Two Deep Lore and simply believed it when a funny LP guy they vaguely rememver announced that he had turbo cancer. Thank you

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think most people were not aware of the Number Two Deep Lore and simply believed it when a funny LP guy they vaguely rememver announced that he had turbo cancer. Thank you

It's this. Or thought he was just a normal boring vet when he mentioned combat stuff offhand in LP

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Anyway i havent seen him post today so it seems like he is dead, and all those stories are real.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Sam Sanskrit posted:

EDIT: I really wish the tweets still existed and I could find them. I think it was after his daughter "died" but I'm not really sure.

his daughter was the child soldier

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
I mean, I fairly regularly troll through this old rpg LPs on the archive and thought they were dumb fun, I never read the threads as they were happening so I had no idea as to his actual persona or any of the drama around it, he just seemed like typical LP goon. I do remember hearing that his daughter died at one point, but nearly all of the other bullshit he was spouting is fully new to me today from the saga.

It's been said before but it's totally cool and okay to want to believe in people; liars are going to exploit the crap out of that but they're few and far between

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
He's been dead all along