Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the crow property is cursed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The Crow reboot is going to have to work harder if it wants to be worse than Zombie’s Munsters.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Biggest thing that the new Crow literally cannot compare to the original is going to be the soundtrack. Holy poo poo that was a work of art

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Oh, for a certain kind of teenager, almost definitely up to the present day, that soundtrack was a bible, it put me on to so many bands I still love now.

(e): Judgement Night soundtrack too, and Natural Born Killers.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 5, 2024

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Basebf555 posted:

I know it sounds dumb to say that my enthusiasm for a movie took a major hit because of a hair related decision but come on. What is this?

It looks bad because we're familiar with the Brandon Lee Crow, but the original character was supposedly inspired by Iggy Pop which makes this new look more understandable... if still kinda bad. I dunno, he's a good actor so I'll give it a chance. Sucks that this is yet another film where we could've gotten a loving crazy Nick Cave script.

Medullah posted:

Biggest thing that the new Crow literally cannot compare to the original is going to be the soundtrack. Holy poo poo that was a work of art

The Crow soundtrack and the Judgment Night soundtrack are the two most perfect encapsulations of (non-pop) 90s music and are still sooooo loving good.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Saw The Cure play Burn live three times last summer. It just hits so loving hard even after all these years. Last time TKK came through right before Covid hit they played After the Flesh and it wasn't so great because the venue totally sucked poo poo. But it was good to see all the old rivetheads and goths show up. TKK 93 is still my favorite concert i've never seen; the entire venue went absolutely bonkers. You would be on one side of the room and find yourself on the other side within seconds. It was one huge bouncy dance party for an hour and a half. Just like in the movie.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 5, 2024

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I liked James a lot more before he made Zoran his head writer. The guy is simply not funny.

Yeah I also couldn't watch any of the Zoran-hosted episodes. Overall I definitely enjoy James himself more than I do Dead Meat. The best part of what he does is his genuine enthusiasm for horror and the behind the scenes stuff he puts together. That's why I enjoyed the awards broadcast; it's not a 'comedy' product at all. It had a lot of production footage for the various nominees and some cool presenters (like Bill Mosely and Ernest Dickerson).

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Quote-Unquote posted:

It looks bad because we're familiar with the Brandon Lee Crow, but the original character was supposedly inspired by Iggy Pop which makes this new look more understandable...

It doesn't really look like Iggy or the comic book version of him, it looks like Jared Leto's Joker trying to look like mid 90s George Clooney.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
The crow is a movie I loved in the 90s and decided I should leave back there out of fear it hasn't held up

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it's still good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
but both the original movie and comic are so rooted in real life grief and tragedy they can be hard to enjoy

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
They're remaking The Crow? All I got to say is NEVERMORE

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I should probably watch The Crow

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Baron von Eevl posted:

It doesn't really look like Iggy or the comic book version of him, it looks like Jared Leto's Joker trying to look like mid 90s George Clooney.

Saw someone say "in this version he's the male singer from Die Antwood instead of a rock guitarist." and that sticks with me as I picture that movie

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I feel like long hair is a pretty timeless look if you're extremely good looking like Brandon Lee was. Maybe that's the issue, they cast someone who isn't good looking enough. They hired the wrong Skarsgard.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
They hired the one that looks kinda like the Hollywood version of a junkie, which honestly by itself could work it's just everything else about it that doesn't work.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

I feel like long hair is a pretty timeless look if you're extremely good looking like Brandon Lee was. Maybe that's the issue, they cast someone who isn't good looking enough. They hired the wrong Skarsgard.

Tempted to go AI up a "Stellan Skarsgard as the Crow" picture now

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Joke answer: Peter Sarsgaard

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

There are too many loving Skarsgards. Skarsgårdn. Whatever.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Xiahou Dun posted:

There are too many loving Skarsgards. Skarsgårdn. Whatever.

I sure am tired of all these Skarsgår Wars *uses the Force to make Top Dollar fall on to a weather vane*

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Stellan Skarsgard has eight kids and I think every 4-5 years he introduces another one to Hollywood like Gandalf gradually sneaking dwarves into Bilbo's house. We won't be running out of Swedish weirdo character actors anytime soon and frankly I think that's good news for filmmakers everywhere.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I trust my industry friend who said months ago from seeing the film (not a random still shot) that Skarsgaard’s Crow film is good, different from the original, and a new take on the comic

Just like I trust the director of Cam. Going well btw https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/3/4/daniel-goldhabers-faces-of-death-remake-test-screens-

Sometimes it pays to just give things a fair chance

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s not even out yet

How can I pay off if I don’t know

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
You really can't understate how loving good The Crow soundtrack is. Like its absolutely ridiculous. I remember being a young kid and reading The Crow in the local comic book store. It was loving good and the owner just let me read all of it since I could not afford to buy it. I'm really disappointed that more of the comic was not put on film. I have a vivid memory still of the horse caught in barbwire.

Don't know if anyone else read The Crow comic as a preteen.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 5, 2024

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Hollismason posted:

You really can't understate how loving good The Crow soundtrack is.

I think you mean overstate, as it's v easy for me to say "this soundtrack is fine"

I wonder if theyll pull out any cool metal for the new Crow. some King Woman would vibe so well with it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Crow but its a super hero that caws and says eat crow whenever the bad guys complain

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Crow but his handwriting is terrible and everyone thinks he's supposed to be "The Cow"

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Crow says “It’s crow time” and uses his crow powers to figure out how to get a peanut out of a rudimentary puzzle maze

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

I trust my industry friend who said months ago from seeing the film (not a random still shot) that Skarsgaard’s Crow film is good, different from the original, and a new take on the comic

Just like I trust the director of Cam. Going well btw https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/3/4/daniel-goldhabers-faces-of-death-remake-test-screens-

Sometimes it pays to just give things a fair chance

I'm in

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Ouuh, it's that 80s metal dude from Stranger Things. The fan review sounds really good. A fun way to do it.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i just watched Thanksgiving and it was really solid. good vibes and good times all around

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
For my high school's sort-of graduation party, you could choose to either come in costume or just fancy dress. Me and my sister and a third friend turned out to be the only ones who chose a costume. I came as the Crow. :ughh:

At least people didn't give me poo poo for it (to my face), though more than one person asked if I was someone from Kiss.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

davidspackage posted:

For my high school's sort-of graduation party, you could choose to either come in costume or just fancy dress. Me and my sister and a third friend turned out to be the only ones who chose a costume. I came as the Crow. :ughh:

At least people didn't give me poo poo for it (to my face), though more than one person asked if I was someone from Kiss.

Glorious! I too have Crowed it up in my day, my fav low effort costume, and one of my fav movies for sure.

Also, I appreciate that a goon's friend saw and liked the new movie, but everyone isn't going to like the same thing, we all have different taste of course. And I personally do not want to see that movie, it's also by the director of the Ghost in the Shell remake, which unfortunately I did see. That's my take. Another thing is, they keep rebooting and remaking all of favorite stuff, and the expectation is that you need to see it. But you don't. It's actually pretty ok to not see it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Basebf555 posted:

They were originally talking to Alexander. It just took so long that he aged out of the role and they had to get his kid brother instead.

I'm going to have a hard time sympathising with Eric if he's based on Ninja, what with Ninja being a homophobic rapist and alleged paedophile.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The crow is cool as hell and holds up to this day

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hollismason posted:

You really can't understate how loving good The Crow soundtrack is. Like its absolutely ridiculous. I remember being a young kid and reading The Crow in the local comic book store. It was loving good and the owner just let me read all of it since I could not afford to buy it. I'm really disappointed that more of the comic was not put on film. I have a vivid memory still of the horse caught in barbwire.

Don't know if anyone else read The Crow comic as a preteen.

Yeah it was my first CD and I wore it out. It was really just a perfect time for it to come out. I was in High School and just started getting into indie comics and movies, and O'barr was from Michigan so The Crow was big in this area.

Listened to the album for the first time in a while last night and yep, still know every song by heart. But I couldn't tell you the names of characters in most of the TV shows I watch these days

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

CelticPredator posted:

The crow is cool as hell and holds up to this day

Facts.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i don't really care who they cast as Draven. the movie will live or die on who they cast as Top Dollar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i don't really care who they cast as Draven. the movie will live or die on who they cast as Top Dollar

me