Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Combine panic report!!!!!

Reports from both national and local guys have alt and fashanu both looking great. People are extremely impressed with Fuaga and Troy Fautanu as well. Fautanu especially looks like he’ll probably sneak into the late first round now.

The WR testing is what people actually pay attention to so I won’t belabor the point on that too much but Troy Franklin looked pretty bad and probably dropped his stock in combination with both Texas guys going crazy. AD Mitchell and Xavier worthy look like they’ll both get picked in round 1 at this point. Keon Coleman is the biggest wildcard IMO, it’s hard to find much of a consensus on him at this point. Odunze apparently killed it and it seems like maybe personnel people are not thrilled about Nabers skipping out on all the testing stuff. Would not be surprised at all to see Odunze off the board before Nabers now.

I think the titans go OT at 7 still, the need is too big and there’s a lot of smoke about the chargers wanting to trade out of pick 5. I doubt any team trying to move to that spot is doing so for a tackle, it’ll probably be for one of the wrs or JJ McCarthy. Second round WR is gonna be tighter IMO, I’ll eat my hat if the chiefs end up without one of the Texas WRs so I could see Troy Franklin, Xavier legette, and Keon Coleman all available for Tennessee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I was at the combine on Saturday but I was mostly just soaking up the vibes and having drinks with the boys

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I was at the combine on Saturday but I was mostly just soaking up the vibes and having drinks with the boys

What was your 40 time

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Concession stand didn't even have 40s

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Marvin Harrison skipped stuff at the combine so his stock should definitely fall so he gets drafted around, oh, pick 15.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

lmao

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

this is the woke agenda

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Yeah, best you can do is some Sun King tall boys. Did they have the bar open?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39659589/texans-re-sign-te-dalton-schultz-3-year-36m-deal

gently caress yeah! Slow start but once Stroud got confident with Schultz they were really getting awesome results together.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

https://twitter.com/jonmalexander/status/1765418728152240372

:toot:

now if only they can find a way to keep johnathan greenard

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Grats on the Texans for both not rushing back an injured kicker and then keeping them despite injury, a lesson other AFCS teams massively hosed up.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

lobster shirt posted:

https://twitter.com/jonmalexander/status/1765418728152240372

:toot:

now if only they can find a way to keep johnathan greenard

Nice, it feels good to have a reliable kicker after so many years of... bleh

I'd love to keep Greenard but I feel like he might have played himself out of what they're willing to pay when they have Anderson on the other edge for cheap and can go pick someone up either in the draft or for a smaller contract

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://x.com/BuffaloBills/status/1765490265840558567
Jags please sign Morse today

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nyheim Hines come back home

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Stoked we signed Ka'imi

https://twitter.com/esquivelalex22/status/1765522201527058462

Also Christian Wilkins is interested in signing with us and the interest is mutual reportedly

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Mekhi Becton is a name getting around the Titans.

Unsure if I should be excited about that or not.

It sure does look like we'll be going WR first in the draft, though, if not trading down as well.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Soul Glo posted:

It sure does look like we'll be going WR first in the draft, though, if not trading down as well.

Don't love that. I know it's a phenomenal wide receiver class, but I really don't think the Titans can gently caress around on their o-line. But I've been wrong before.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

fast cars loose anus posted:

Stoked we signed Ka'imi

https://twitter.com/esquivelalex22/status/1765522201527058462

Also Christian Wilkins is interested in signing with us and the interest is mutual reportedly

Dolphins fans seem to think they'll match any offer and he'll stick around in Miami

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Soul Glo posted:

Mekhi Becton is a name getting around the Titans.

Unsure if I should be excited about that or not.

He's been injury prone and less than stellar when he has played. I wouldn't want to spend much on him. A prove it deal would be ok, you could always cut him if he sucked that way.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/NoFlagsFilm/status/1765614721669922847

Mike Vrabel too fat to coach confirmed

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Goongrats to the jaguars on upgrading at quarterback. This will be convenient when they don’t extend TBust

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Trevor Bust finally getting replaced, congrats Jags fans!

e: wow this might actually be a real competition at some point lol

https://x.com/epkap/status/1766850295114695093?s=46

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 10, 2024

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Perhaps they'll actually give Lawrence a game off to recover now after he gets murdered behind our unchanged oline next season.

Edit: I do actually like the move though. Solid backup for a 6th, not sure how much of his salary comes over, and he's a local.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I wouldn't if I were a Jags fan. Feels like the team needs as many young assets they can after collapsing last year, and I feel like you can find Mac Jones' value pretty easily on waivers. Maybe that's overestimating the QB market, but I dunno, doesn't feel great to me.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I dont like it, but at this point I dont like the Jaguars until Baalke is gone so whatever.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

This is the 6th 6th rounder they've used on a QB since 2016. Ignoring those picks the best they've gotten is I guess Parker Washington. I don't think Baalke is going to find many late round gems, so not especially broken up about them losing one. Just less for me to read about and pretend to be optimistic for after the draft.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Pretty insane that our resident jags fans are this down bad. That’s what busting does to ya

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Teva posted:

This is the 6th 6th rounder they've used on a QB since 2016.
gently caress I hate my team

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

In potential/hopeful Titans news: Tee Higgins has requested a trade after getting tagged

Come on home, imo

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

gently caress I hate my team

Looks like we signed that Center from the Bills at least. I'm sure he will work out well, just like all of our other FA O-Line signings!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts got Pittman signed. Good deal for both sides I think. They really needed him back.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Teva posted:

Looks like we signed that Center from the Bills at least. I'm sure he will work out well, just like all of our other FA O-Line signings!
If we signed Morse I'll experience a small amount of joy today.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Tits signed Pollard, worth 3/24m same as Swift

Long live the King

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I wanted Greenard back but can understand why we didn't give him that money

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

In potential/hopeful Titans news: Tee Higgins has requested a trade after getting tagged

Come on home, imo

Bring him home

Soul Glo posted:

Tits signed Pollard, worth 3/24m same as Swift

Long live the King

Ty henry for the last few years

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Gabe Davis to Jags (yeesh) Cushenberry to Titans (ayyyy)

Today is delivering, love to legally tamper

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Soul Glo posted:

Gabe Davis to Jags (yeesh) Cushenberry to Titans (ayyyy)
There goes any joy I was feeling about the Jags maybe getting Morse. gently caress Baalke.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

There goes any joy I was feeling about the Jags maybe getting Morse. gently caress Baalke.

https://x.com/dmrussini/status/1767242627441713549?s=46

fuckin’ oof

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I don’t think that’s a bad deal for them but I assume that means they’re out on Ridley? Idk. Hoping the titans don’t sign him, I think there’s better ways to spend currently.

Pumped about the center they signed though, hope we get a cb or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Whelp I'm a Texans fan now, go CJ Stroud, you're too fun to watch.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I don’t think that’s a bad deal for them but I assume that means they’re out on Ridley?
Its a bad deal because Gabe Davis is real loving bad.