Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

mdct posted:

It's surreal being aware of this for like 5 years and just keeping quiet because the dude's weird larping was... technically not hurting anyone? Just really weird?
In hindsight, it really is probably something that we shoulda brought up ages ago because seeing a lot of posts about it now; a lot of people were vicariously upset about the whole dead gay daughter thing.

we couldn't. but, on some level, i think you probably know that.

like, there were a fistful of folks who brought it up, and TDI went full internet aggro on them to suppress the issue. the entire thing with him making Speedball a Public Enemy was just the last link in the chain, honestly. and it wasn't just him, TDI did a startlingly good job of keeping people ready to throw down for him.

like, i started screwing around in let's play in 2011, right. so i'm not an OG like TDI, but i was around for a hot second. a lot of the folks who ended up following my work overlapped with TDI. when this kicked off and the "i'm dying goodnight cruel world" poo poo went out on sunday, i said in my community, as delicately as i could, that i had my doubts that he was telling the truth. like 3 hours later, slowbeef posted.

since then, i've had more than one of my community DM me on discord and say, in so many words:
1) thank you for saying something, it made the reversal less painful
2) i was ready to round on you if it didn't go this way

#2 is usually said in a number of euphemisms (2 people said they were ready to "get very defensive"), but the intent's clear. these are people who have been following me for at last 5 years, and they were still ready to throw down over the internet Let's Player who Killed Fiddy Men like Cotton Hill. it was a cult of personality.

the personality who put a fancy hat on Nemesis in RE3 screenshots made him talk like Jill's pimp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
How does this keep getting more insane and dumber

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hardest worker in LP history--you think all he does is crank out LPs? Buddy, that's just the first layer. He's got secondary thread fluffer accounts, and a back story that will blow your mind like that of a russian assassin who picked a fight with the wrong guy.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I picked a hell of a time to rediscover the sagas thread. :stare:

don’t worry, he destroyed his abusive racist dad with the shun goku satsu to defend the honor of a girl he saved from suicide — who was ASIAN by the way.

Do you by any chance have to wear a helmet when you go outside?

It's so cool that he saved that young woman's life just by being so darn witty, and that they're still best buds sharing discord accounts to this day.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Protonjon rushes in, "see? It's easy to get fooled by people lying about cancer!"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Spaced God posted:

Protonjon rushes in, "see? It's easy to get fooled by people lying about cancer!"

When's the last episode of Superman 64, Protonjon?

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Endorph posted:

she was born in 2009. she turned 14 in 2015. she turned 14 in 2016. she died at age 15 in 2019.

so you do the math

The Time Traveler's Imaginary Wife

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That's Xenogears female lead, down to the spelling. On brand really

lmao

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

my name is ryan "caleb cross" and this is my daughter elehayym "elly", my son weltall-2 and the racoon or fox or cat i punched a porch for, Hammer

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I don't feel as bad as most people for buying this guy's bullshit. I always thought the hijacking the plane thing was him saying, "Oh I thought about it, but didn't actually go through with it or even threaten anybody." Just stress talk, was being halfway facetious or whatever. Knew about the wife and the daughter, sure as hell didn't know about the backstory with the wife or his daughter's constantly changing age. Wasn't even a part of his Discord when I saw he was still hellbent on doing movie night while his daughter was in surgery.

Still? I saw him livetweeting about him going to his dying daughter's bedside. It's literally loving Tim Buckley's loss.jpg in real life.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

I just copy and pasted the OP from the last thread because it was good. What are you on about?
Just being a jackass

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Lol he named the dead gay daughter after the girl from the last of us

<deep sigh>

RSX11M
Sep 21, 2016

The Leader in Efficient Realtime Processing
using angle brackets to emote and then just adding another pair when you switch to your Hot Mercenary Wife account is so funny man

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i don't think i've seen those screenshots of the live daughter death discord posts and the hikkiari grand debut being posted before

reminder that hikkiari is thedarkid

guess i'm a tidus-esque dream too

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
lol he really did say it was boneitis and it killed everyone in his family and was going to kill him in 24 hours and people lapped it up......anyone still buying it???

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
"the same thing his wife almost died from last year but a younger kid couldn't take it"
… the gently caress?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

my gay daughter and wife both caught Ligma, you see,

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Doctor… my son Sephiroth is deathly ill from Morgellons… he needs Life Surgery… Onegai…

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kurtofan posted:

i don't think i've seen those screenshots of the live daughter death discord posts and the hikkiari grand debut being posted before

reminder that hikkiari is thedarkid

guess i'm a tidus-esque dream too

I use constant streams of ....... Just like him.......

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
And he turned into Huey Emmerich from Metal Gear Solid V

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ysee the tragic white super soldier LPer says Yeah, while the hip teen Japanese gal says yeah.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
The guy is a super soldier who's been all over the world and seen all kinds of poo poo, but he only ever talks about anime and video games. Sounds legit.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
It's weird because the Tom Clancy Badass Military Fantasy and the Otaku Fantasy (die in a car crash, become a hero in a fantasy world with a harem of sexy girls) you'd think would have very little overlap

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

:effort:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
do you think if he hadn't gone with the cancer lie, he'd have pretended he was fighting on behalf of Gaza and Palestine against Israel

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Junpei posted:

It's weird because the Tom Clancy Badass Military Fantasy and the Otaku Fantasy (die in a car crash, become a hero in a fantasy world with a harem of sexy girls) you'd think would have very little overlap

In this case I would slightly edit this from harem of girlfriends to (Vin Diesel voice) Family of adoptive daughters who all think you're the coolest.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Shitenshi posted:

The guy is a super soldier who's been all over the world and seen all kinds of poo poo, but he only ever talks about anime and video games. Sounds legit.

In fairness this is true of a lot of the ex-military people I have met.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Radia posted:

And he turned into Huey Emmerich from Metal Gear Solid V

unlike me, who turned into Big Boss

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Shitenshi posted:

I had a few regulars like this when I worked at the game store, surprisingly common. This dude ain't it tho

RSX11M
Sep 21, 2016

The Leader in Efficient Realtime Processing

Junpei posted:

do you think if he hadn't gone with the cancer lie, he'd have pretended he was fighting on behalf of Gaza and Palestine against Israel

1000% absolutely yes

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Junpei posted:

it has tons of overlap mostly in the kind of damaged human being you have to be to constantly lie to people online for money

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Shitenshi posted:

yeah it rules

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Junpei posted:

my man have you never seen a military otaku

there's an entire market for Exactly That poo poo

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

ishikabibble posted:

my man have you never seen a military otaku

there's an entire market for Exactly That poo poo

I prefer thinking it was like this

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/350300

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

reminder that hikkiari every single one of these discord people is thedarkid

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Fair enough, it's just my experience with the former is my literal dad (well okay he's into the related strain of the James Patterson type), who doesn't use the internet much and doesn't know anything about anime, while the latter is mostly internet people who don't like FPSes or war movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

all thedar kid except that one goon who thinks this is some slow beef psyop