Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

I don't even know if they included ranks; I do understand the sentiment behind it, although why not say you've got 10,000 signees if they're all anon?

id be signing all sorts of petitions and joining all sorts of protests if i just finished my second intensive six hour safety briefing on the correct handling of gasoline and other flammable liquids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Mister Speaker posted:

Another video from the other day's demonstration in a Toronto suburb real estate event selling stolen land in Gaza. Check the accent on the tubby zionist. :magemage:

saw that from across the road, wasn't sure what was going on but that guy was brave as hell

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

i really admire the houthis' strategy of forcing a bunch of western naval powers to drag their aging decrepit navies over to the gulf and just watch them fall apart.

Rand Paul
Aug 2, 2009

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

All of his posts read like they were written by a guy typing on a laptop in a starbucks in Langley.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

people itt question the idf's ability to investigate itself, but clearly they're on the ball when it comes to serious crimes committed by idf soldiers:

https://twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/1764425057416180172

Awesome lmao

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

An open letter but unnamed and unorganized individuals

I hope some of them are not unorganized but are smart enough to keep that quiet until making a move

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

people itt question the idf's ability to investigate itself, but clearly they're on the ball when it comes to serious crimes committed by idf soldiers:

https://twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/1764425057416180172

my oven has a sabbath mode that I guess just leaves it on at a low level all day? Because it says that you can reheat cooked foods on the sabbath but can’t push buttons or cook from raw. But hotdogs are precooked so ????

this lesson in orthodoxy brought to you by my LG oven owners manual

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

Maya Fey posted:

[Australian PM Referred to ICC]

read this and got all excited, immediately emailed the National Lawyers Guild to ask if there's anything like this afoot in the US and if there's anything a lay person like myself can do to speed it along

but i don't need to wait for the response, because i learned subsequently that we're not signatories to the ICC. and then i was also reminded that there's a statute (literally nicknamed "The Hague Invasion Act") that if any American or American ally is prosecuted in the Hague the US military is to invade and take them back into custody. no idea if we'd invoke it on Australia's behalf, if it even gets that far.

i guess it's at least nice that we deigned to recognize the ICJ as legitimate, even if we refuse that privilege to the ICC. but then again, as with everything in US politics, that's also a matter of convenience and opportunism, and our government will gladly extol the ICC when it benefits us

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Good Citizen posted:

my oven has a sabbath mode that I guess just leaves it on at a low level all day? Because it says that you can reheat cooked foods on the sabbath but can’t push buttons or cook from raw. But hotdogs are precooked so ????

All that rules lawyering religious stuff is so dumb. Like if you actually believe in your gods, who do you think you're fooling? And if its just a put on for appearances, then why the gently caress do you care about doing it?

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

There's a reason so many Jews are non-conservative/orthodox.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Dreylad posted:

i really admire the houthis' strategy of forcing a bunch of western naval powers to drag their aging decrepit navies over to the gulf and just watch them fall apart.

One thing that won't make sense in the history books is how a country with no navy or air force defeated the strongest navies in the world

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Same. There's one chant in particular at local protests that I just can't join in on, "Gaza Gaza don't you cry, we will never let you die" and all I can think is, but we are

Jesus Christ I don't like to talk poorly about people who are at least trying to oppose genocide and imperialism but the fact that anyone other than Hamas or ansarallah could say that with a straight face is astounding.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

maybe albo will stop being america's stupid little bitch

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

crepeface posted:

maybe albo will stop being america's stupid little bitch

He would need to be referred by the state, not individuals.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1764212191601771006

He went out doing what he loved the most. Lying about the killing of hundreds of people. RIP.

what's with the mood lighting

looks like a scene from a late 90s sci-fi shot in vancouver for budgetary reasons

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Your first mission: construct a base to collect Tiberium. Watch out for GDI patrols.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

IIRC, its the act of creating a new circuit that violates the sabbath. As long as it was going to do it anyways, it doesn't count.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Wasn't there a story like:

"hey does flipping switches count as starting a fire?"
"I'm thinking no." "Yeah prob no."
"Idk could be yes there's sparks."
*Physicist describes electrons & it's probably no*
*everyone now agrees it's probably yes, except the first guy who said maybe*

Or was that made up bullshit?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Hamelekim posted:

He would need to be referred by the state, not individuals.

what

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Grem posted:

One thing that won't make sense in the history books is how a country with no navy or air force defeated the strongest navies in the world

I’ve realized that a lot of the western (and they are always western or Israeli) liberals or “leftists” who claim to be pro-Palestine that are getting their panties in a wad about the Houthis or condemning them as cynical are most of the time not just psychos who resent having to pretend to even care about Gaza or Muslims (though some are) but the vast majority I think it’s cope because they see these people that already survived a genocide attempt using it weaponry going out and doing something, while westerners are forced to watch and be at least somewhat complicit. While our vastly more powerful militaries pretend they can’t do anything or they actively help israel.

It’s jsir envy and cope. There’s a reason no Palestinians are saying anything negative about the Houthis, because they don’t need to have to deal with the cognitive dissonance or pretend to be morally superior.

Butter Activities has issued a correction as of 07:26 on Mar 5, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
its so awesome how the horuthis are beating america not just militarily but also in the propaganda war.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
'Strongest navies in the world' doing a lot of heavy lifting there given how clear it is that those navies were never actually meant to be used.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

also i just lost my job so if i wasnt feeling horribly angry and depressed enough about gaza i can now feel even more horribly depressed and angry about my complete powerlessness to help myself let alone the palestinians.

but dont worry, ill be like hamas, strike the earth, build a tunnel to victory. strike, the universe sumbits.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

also i just lost my job so if i wasnt feeling horribly angry and depressed enough about gaza i can now feel even more horribly depressed and angry about my complete powerlessness to help myself let alone the palestinians.

but dont worry, ill be like hamas, strike the earth, build a tunnel to victory. strike, the universe sumbits.

now that you’re jobless it might be a good idea to volunteer for an org that delivers aid to Palestine. hope you get back on your feet, though.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

welcome to the rocky bottom al, you're not alone and we're also very sorry you're here with us now :sympathy:

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Al-Saqr posted:

Man thats not good news to hear, i hope you find a good job you like and get back in the swing of things. The fire of Gaza will live on in all our hearts.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I’ve realized that a lot of the western (and they are always western or Israeli) liberals or “leftists” who claim to be pro-Palestine that are getting their panties in a wad about the Houthis or condemning them as cynical are most of the time not just psychos who resent having to pretend to even care about Gaza or Muslims (though some are) but the vast majority I think it’s cope because they see these people that already survived a genocide attempt using it weaponry going out and doing something, while westerners are forced to watch and be at least somewhat complicit. While our vastly more powerful militaries pretend they can’t do anything or they actively help israel.

It’s jsir envy and cope. There’s a reason no Palestinians are saying anything negative about the Houthis, because they don’t need to have to deal with the cognitive dissonance or pretend to be morally superior.

A liberal has constructed their entire worldview around the idea that they are a "good person" purely because they follow the rules and aren't mean. The notion that upholding their moral convictions might require suffering, or sacrifice, or violence--and in particular from them and not just some distant Others who existed before the end of history--is fearsome, and uncomfortable.

An honest person would simply acknowledge that they aren't as courageous as the Houthis, understand that the guilt they feel is not misplaced, and maybe accept that truth as a seed to someday grow into something. Much easier, though, to just reassure yourself that you're doing not just the best you can but the best that can be done, and dismiss those willing to do more as either cynics or mentally ill.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Grem posted:

it makes a lot of sense and it’s easy to figure out why.

coastal artillery has always been extremely dangerous for any navy. the hairiest part of the Nazi invasion of Norway was when they alerted Norwegian coastal guns and were almost blasted before they could land.

the cruise missile and ballistic missiles are like coastal guns that can be mounted anywhere and launch attacks from far inland. they’re also way more accurate than gunners. even while not being able to defeat the US navy outright, they’ve strategically nullified it. if the USN was operating at its peak power as a fully operational task fleet, it wouldn’t make a difference. so long as Ansar Allah has any missiles at all they can attack international shipping.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

now that you’re jobless it might be a good idea to volunteer for an org that delivers aid to Palestine. hope you get back on your feet, though.

the issue is that i cant actually go help gaza. thats the part that kills me. if i can actually pack a bag, go to egypt, drive to rafah and volunteer 10000% i would, the issue is the egyptian fascist dog fucker coward dickless army would arrest me before i even make it to the border with palestine.

i gave a ton of my own money to aid groups, but its probably rotting at the rafah crossing because of that dog fucker fascist coward traitors in egypts army.

thats why, the only solution is to tie me to a missile to throw me at tel aviv, its the only way.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Fizzil posted:

Man thats not good news to hear, i hope you find a good job you like and get back in the swing of things. The fire of Gaza will live on in all our hearts.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Al-Saqr posted:

Sorry to hear that sucks.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dreylad posted:

have more western ships crashed into each other or broke down? please tell me something sunk

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CODChimera posted:

have more western ships crashed into each other or broke down? please tell me something sunk

A German ship caught fire iirc

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A German ship caught fire iirc

Old footage and not actually relevant to the current conflict, unfortunately

netizen
Jun 25, 2023
Remember when that guy lit himself on fire? Crazy.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Dreylad posted:

Your first mission: construct a base to collect Tiberium. Watch out for GDI patrols.

There's a storyline in the first Command and Conquer where Nod stages a GDI attack on a village with green screens that cause GDI to temporarily lose funding from the UN (the defunding might have been a ploy by GDI as a response to the staging to catch Nod off guard when they strike back despite ostensibly not having funding though) and boy that storyline sure hits different these days.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

netizen posted:

Remember when that guy lit himself on fire? Crazy.

Are we still talking about the German boat?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Tom Guycot posted:

All that rules lawyering religious stuff is so dumb. Like if you actually believe in your gods, who do you think you're fooling? And if its just a put on for appearances, then why the gently caress do you care about doing it?

it owns actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Grem posted:

They have a navy and airforce