Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

5er posted:

The thing that got an immediate reaction out of me at the start was holy gently caress, Bas Rutten and Johnny Knoxville look downright geriatric.

Knoxville stopped dyeing his hair. Also, decades of alcohol and drug abuse take their toll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the reason foley stopped doing commentary is because he would put a lot of effort into it talk to the wrestlers before the show and do some research and it would all be undone within seconds because vince would scream into his ear piece at any given moment if he said something vince hated

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince once flipped out backstage because someone said "title shot" on tv

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I can only imagine his reaction to Bulldogs return in 99.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

hope its not haunted

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
also enjoy retirement sting, your wwe run was mostly rear end but at least they got to make action figures of you and put you in a few games

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
sting has always been one of my favorite wrestlers and i'm happy he was able to get a good retirement match after wwe tried to bury him

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I wonder how mad he'd get if someone accidentally said wrestling

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
its very funny watching aew whenever they drag out old rear end jr and he snaps on the product or his co-commentary team for stuff they do thats ingrained in his old boomer sooner brain. like yelling at them and calling them "pronoun boys"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
JR on AEW commentary is like seeing a beloved family member succumb to dementia he just doesnt have it anymore

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

is he still calling him "jungle jack perry"?

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

AlmightyBob posted:

is he still calling him "jungle jack perry"?

jungle boy went to a farm upstate

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
he's a dark and brooding jack perry in new japan now. banished from aew for getting cm punk fired

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Shoulda won Punk's stupid fake belt because of it if you ask me.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
cm punk was right about the glass, darby got hosed up

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

KungFu Grip posted:

cm punk was right about the glass, darby got hosed up

I went and look up the details, and le sigh. This business is just full of children who can't take being told 'No.' They have to be catty about it, and then the other immature assholes overreact because if they don't others will think they are weak or something, and just...sigh.

(I think of how Batista was sleeping with Melina Perez and her boyfriend John "I have had a dozen last names" Hennigan was supposedly 'okay' with it, probably in a "If I make waves I'll get fired and so will Melina because Batista is a top star and a workout buddy of Triple H so I'll just accept it", and instead of people getting cross with Batista and Melina for cheating on their SO's, they instead looked down on HENNIGAN for being 'a wimp' and 'not fighting for his woman' and other poo poo like that. They of course just wholly ignored the LAST time something like that happened, with Adam Copeland, Amy Dumas, and Matt Hardy. Hardy did raise a giant stink; it got him fired at first, and ultimately it ended up launching EDGE'S career rather than doing much of anything for Matt's)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
real glass is incredibly stupid so punk was right but because wrestling is full of overgrown children it turned into a stupid backstage fight that ruined punk's reputation and exiled the tiny jungle boy to japan

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
just use sugar glass dude no one can tell and no would care if they could

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I can tell.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

wow shane mcmahon posts here

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

This real glass thing is such a stupid carny instinct.

I like the *idea* and visual of someone swantonning through a pane of glass, I don't want to also worry that they're going to slice through a major artery and bleed out in a matter of minutes.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

KungFu Grip posted:

also enjoy retirement sting, your wwe run was mostly rear end but at least they got to make action figures of you and put you in a few games
During the lead up to his final match my friend and I were talking about Sting and his useless WWE run and we were both completely lost as to why when they had the chance they never did a Sting - Undertaker match. Allergy to money, I suppose.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

NorgLyle posted:

During the lead up to his final match my friend and I were talking about Sting and his useless WWE run and we were both completely lost as to why when they had the chance they never did a Sting - Undertaker match. Allergy to money, I suppose.

they would have probably done it if sting hadnt got injured and it would have been awful because neither of them would have been able to put a great match and it would have ended with taker burying sting as a final gently caress you to WCW. Sting made the right choice to only do tag teams in his AEW run because it allowed him to play off a younger wrestler and do some cool spots without embarrassing himself completely

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

NorgLyle posted:

They didn't have a real chance to do it before he got injured. They could have done that at Sting's debut Mania (instead of HHH) or a non-Mania show, but money-wise it was probably smart plan to save it for the next Mania.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol sting vs undertaker in saudia arabia

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Yeah sugar glass is easily distinguishable from real glass. I see it in low budget action movies all the time

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄  ̄)づ♥(∀●)

Timby posted:

Knoxville stopped dyeing his hair. Also, decades of alcohol and drug abuse take their toll.

that's true but also Knoxville has way more than decades of alcohol and drug abuse affecting him lol, dude should be a sham🅱️ling mess unable to speak

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
There are lots of things to jump through that look cool but don't potentially slice you up, ranging from a stack of cardboard boxes to a stack of foam blocks. i don't really give a poo poo about what a wrestler lands on after they jump from something really tall tbh

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

just use sugar glass dude no one can tell and no would care if they could

The best part about sugar glass is that after you jump through it you can distribute all the shards to children in the front row so they can have a delicious treat :)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄  ̄)づ♥(∀●)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

There are lots of things to jump through that look cool but don't potentially slice you up, ranging from a stack of cardboard boxes to a stack of foam blocks. i don't really give a poo poo about what a wrestler lands on after they jump from something really tall tb

yeah or you can be REAL WHOOP WHOOP

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I seem to remember Sting suggesting to WWE that they do him vs. Undertaker in a cinematic match, but they weren't interested and that's what pushed him towards signing with AEW.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

he didn't jump from very high so it was important he landed on the microwave, imo

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

it's cool that a mentally handicapped guy has managed to monetize self-harm though

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄  ̄)づ♥(∀●)

lol like half the duke city championship wrestling stable are JCW-adjacent or worked for them

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Gavok posted:

I seem to remember Sting suggesting to WWE that they do him vs. Undertaker in a cinematic match, but they weren't interested and that's what pushed him towards signing with AEW.

it wouldnt surprise me if WWE even without vince still had a grudge against Sting

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

it's cool that a mentally handicapped guy has managed to monetize self-harm though

Wrestling.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it wouldnt surprise me if WWE even without vince still had a grudge against Sting

He's someone who was and is a bigger star than Paul ever was, so of course they do while he's there.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Sting's entire run in AEW was not only to give the guy the justice he deserves but is also 100% a gigantic middle finger to WWE for the way they treat people like Sting

People can poo poo on TK and the EVPs all they want but they really are changing the business for the better. Legends like Sting deserve exactly what he got and meanwhile I remember when Kurt Angle retired he had to put over Baron Corbin. Baron loving Corbin

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

kdrudy posted:

He's someone who was and is a bigger star than Paul ever was, so of course they do while he's there.

he was also the face of WCW and Vince and the rest of WWE have never forgotten the monday night wars and never miss the chance to poo poo on WCW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZXydEKpLP4