Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Arch is just living by a strict EAthos. If he’s not in the game, he’s not in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

If they've already got 10,000 in the game, and if there's only like two or three other holdouts, at least it'll be easy enough to re-name on your own instead of having to download a whole-rear end roster file :v:

"worried about playing the game on the field" gently caress out of here with that corny nonsense, his group probably thought he'd be one of the handful of players on actual promotion duty with the game and went all :staredog: when they were either rebuffed by EA or heard they didn't get those meetings at all.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol what a loving dork

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

I can see why he might not want his image or likeness to be widely viewed

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
they should name his guy Eli Peyton or something

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

harperdc posted:

If they've already got 10,000 in the game, and if there's only like two or three other holdouts, at least it'll be easy enough to re-name on your own instead of having to download a whole-rear end roster file :v:

"worried about playing the game on the field" gently caress out of here with that corny nonsense, his group probably thought he'd be one of the handful of players on actual promotion duty with the game and went all :staredog: when they were either rebuffed by EA or heard they didn't get those meetings at all.

Maybe he thinks they're going to shrink him and put him in the game.

Or ask him to do mocap work to capture his throwing motion.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/TJAltimore/status/1763571057703723344

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

What would an actual reason be to hold out? This is probably a very dumb question but I can't see why you wouldn't opt in for the free 600 bux

Pretty surprised by Kansas State.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Former Michigan receiver Braylon Edwards stopped an 80-year old man from getting murdered at a Detroit area YMCA.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...ts/72838722007/

quote:

Former Michigan football receiver Braylon Edwards rescued an 80-year-old man from a would-be assailant at a YMCA in Farmington Hills on Friday, according to WDIV.

Edwards, the No. 3 overall pick of the 2005 NFL Draft, stepped into the locker room at the YMCA to find an 80-year-old man being assaulted by a 25-year-old man.

“I walk into the locker room after work, and basically, I hear about four rows behind me arguing about music and how it was being played too loud,” Edwards told WDIV. “So, I’m not paying attention, and I was just minding my business.

“The noise escalates, and then you can hear some pushing and shoving, so you know what fighting sounds like, but once I hear a thud, that’s when I got up and turned around."

Edwards then said he saw the 25-year-old beating the 80-year-old.

"He grabs the back of the victim's head by the hair and he was about to slam it down on the counter," Edwards said. "I grabbed him, subdued him."

Edwards said he initially didn't think much of the encounter, thinking the man might have just suffered a concussion, however, he said the police told him the man might not have survived if he didn't step in.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

“I’m going to focus on football on the field” says man who has to do nothing except cash a check to be in the game.

LeeMajors posted:

lol what a loving dork

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

lame. I hope this doesn't become more common.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Spacebump posted:

lame. I hope this doesn't become more common.

Don’t worry, folks probably won’t mind their team’s backup qbs being MIA.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Soul Glo posted:

I dunno my main strategy in any football game is to just run the QB if there isn't a good passing option, and you know Arch is gonna have wheels in that game

I feel like QB accuracy is turned wayyyyyyyyyyy up in those games because it's too frustrating to have the QB be as accurate as they are in real life. So how good a passer the QB is really doesn't matter because the game is going to buff them. I've been playing the new Madden, and Derek Carr never sails a pass 10 feet over Chris Olave's head despite it being a three-times-a-game occurrence irl.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 5, 2024

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Plus your backups become your starters as you progress in Dynasty (assuming they don’t all portal away).

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Judgy Fucker posted:

What would an actual reason be to hold out? This is probably a very dumb question but I can't see why you wouldn't opt in for the free 600 bux

Pretty surprised by Kansas State.

When you opt in, are you in for the duration of your college career? He may be hoping for one of the more lucrative influencer deals in a year or so.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

I want Devin Brown and Lincoln Keinholz in the game or it's a no buy :argh:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The gently caress coastal

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1765076620086538709

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah wake me up when this matters

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

Yeah wake me up when this matters

Aggy football shop steward knocking on your door at 9 p.m. to let you know that bad things might happen to Reveille if you don't cough up $500 for the 12th Man Foundation

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The gently caress coastal

What the heck is going on at Auburn

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wait what about Northwestern?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dango Bango posted:

Wait what about Northwestern?

NLRB told Northwestern players no and they probably would have lost the internal vote anyway

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
What the actual gently caress Aggies

https://twitter.com/notbigracks/status/1765046023745945730?t=Z_46k_IES1UbLuOwJBmPoA&s=19

Ban their asses to Div 2, or just straight up death penalty.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Good, I hope they make a drier watermelon next.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

swickles posted:

What the actual gently caress Aggies

https://twitter.com/notbigracks/status/1765046023745945730?t=Z_46k_IES1UbLuOwJBmPoA&s=19

Ban their asses to Div 2, or just straight up death penalty.

Who are the weirdos that eat jalapeños for flavor?

Step your rear end up to serranos

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

PostNouveau posted:

I know one of y'all got the Goldy Bitch gif saved for me, right?

nm, found it

https://i.imgur.com/7E7CoiN.mp4

This poo poo is saved on my computer and has moved HDs for like 3 boxes now. CLASSIC

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Who are the weirdos that eat jalapeños for flavor?

Step your rear end up to serranos

As it goes into in the article, only 20% of jalapenos are sold fresh to consumers, the rest are processed, primarily into salsa. Those manufacturers, being the primary buyers, get to dictate what farmers produce, and what the manufacturers want is consistency. Salsa comes in mild, medium, and hot varieties, and rather than using three different types of pepper to create these, it's cheaper and easier for them to use one line of mild peppers and then add varying amounts of capsaicin extract to create higher-heat products.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

General Dog posted:

When you opt in, are you in for the duration of your college career? He may be hoping for one of the more lucrative influencer deals in a year or so.

I'm 99% sure it's an annual deal.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Pakled posted:

As it goes into in the article, only 20% of jalapenos are sold fresh to consumers, the rest are processed, primarily into salsa. Those manufacturers, being the primary buyers, get to dictate what farmers produce, and what the manufacturers want is consistency. Salsa comes in mild, medium, and hot varieties, and rather than using three different types of pepper to create these, it's cheaper and easier for them to use one line of mild peppers and then add varying amounts of capsaicin extract to create higher-heat products.

Capitalism was a mistake, fake loving salsa my rear end, just gonna keep growing my own

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Pakled posted:

Gross. Makes sense why my jalapenos I grow seem hotter than those from the store. drat those cake eaters in college station.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

trevorreznik posted:

What the heck is going on at Auburn

Does Auburn require students to buy tickets as a separate package?

Tech has a mandatory athletics ticket fee, which is what is shown in the graph, which gets you in to all the games. Can only opt out if you're a grad student or a few other cases, but the value for the fee is comparatively high, and the usage was something pretty crazy, close to 80% attended at least 1 sporting event.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Just make your own salsa so you know who to blame when it turns out lovely??

And don't use a lovely pepper like a jalapeño?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Good we must destroy spicy food so white people become less insufferable about them

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

simply eat another pepper or whatever

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Spaced God posted:

Just make your own salsa so you know who to blame when it turns out lovely??

And don't use a lovely pepper like a jalapeño?

pickled jalapenos taste good topic locked

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Use seranos they're better in every way

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Radia posted:

pickled jalapenos taste good topic locked

realizing that taco bell has pickled jalapenos totally changed my TB game

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Woops wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've never cared for jalapenos. Although I'm not really much of a fan of Mexican food in the first place.