Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I wish I could drink coffee every hour on the hour but I have a caffeine sensitivity

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

smoobles posted:

I wish I could drink coffee every hour on the hour but I have a caffeine sensitivity

the key is to pretend that you dont

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

can't wait to drink coffee tomorrow morning

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

I am normally impervious to gastrointestinal ills but the nitro cold brew from a local place in both bottled and in-house form makes my shits turn pure liquid- it may just be them specifically but I've sworn it off in favor of superior hot brewed coffee or an iced latte in summertime. Taste/enjoyment-wise cold brew is inferior in any case, I never liked that stupid cold brew, in fact nobody should!

You are back on the path of wisdom

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I have to save up to (hopefully) get my Rancillo Silvia fixed or replaced, so in the mean time I’m relying on the simple moka pot using this video to get decent pours from it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-PeYeiqPLU

Finally tried this out. Works really good, and only takes a few minutes. Might need to go a bit finer on the grind.

And my Bialetti is stainless steel, so I've avoided aluminum poisoning for one more day

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
made coffee earlier but forgot about it so it became ice coffee

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

did you add ice or are you calling room temp coffee “ice coffee”

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lumpentroll posted:

did you add ice or are you calling room temp coffee “ice coffee”

added ice (2 large cocktail style cubes) and a lot of oat milk. pickle jar vessel

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Mason jar (with handle) filled with iced horchata...

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Smythe posted:

added ice (2 large cocktail style cubes) and a lot of oat milk. pickle jar vessel

win.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Dokapon Findom posted:

:rip: mariana

mags
May 30, 2008

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I had some iced chai yesterday because I went to the boba place next to the pharmacy, should have just gotten some coffee instead. gonna just drink some coffee right now

mags
May 30, 2008

:coffeepal: finished off a bag of breakfast blend. watching a thunderstorm go by with a warm cup and another staying warm in the carafe

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Karach posted:

Finally tried this out. Works really good, and only takes a few minutes. Might need to go a bit finer on the grind.

And my Bialetti is stainless steel, so I've avoided aluminum poisoning for one more day

I didn’t know about aluminum poisoning so I guess I’m hosed

mags
May 30, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

if you don’t know it can’t hurt you. forget about it asap

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

mags posted:

Almighty Ken
Nov 5, 2006

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

mags posted:

as an added bonus, forgetting should be easy because of the aluminum poisoning.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

mags posted:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mags posted:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Dokapon Findom posted:

that's a $7 drink if you went out. calling this a win.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The stainless steel also contains chromium

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Karach posted:

look, even if you're cooking tomato sauce in that bitch the amount of nickel and chromium being leached into your food reduces with every cycle as the surface runs out of those elements:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4284091/

safe!

plus I'm pretty sure the chromium leaching out is primarily going to be trivalent instead of hexavalent so it's not even that big of a deal

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Karach posted:

:chome::mome:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

you know what's got chromium in it? your loving computers that's what!

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

:chedge:

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

mawarannahr posted:

you know what's got chromium in it? your loving computers that's what!

Been running Molybdenum for years

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

smythe, get your rear end in here and explain yourself

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mr. Sharps posted:

smythe, get your rear end in here and explain yourself

lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Dokapon Findom posted:

Mason jar (with handle)

also known as a mug

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Vox Nihili posted:

also known as a mug

It's got the grooves for the seal though

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I wonder what happened to my "Batman & Robin" collectors mugs... or was it "Batman Forever"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Dokapon Findom posted:

I wonder what happened to my "Batman & Robin" collectors mugs... or was it "Batman Forever"

I believe Batman Forever because there was a Riddler one. We have a couple at my a parents house. Also the Flintstones movie ones

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I believe Batman Forever because there was a Riddler one. We have a couple at my a parents house. Also the Flintstones movie ones

I believe you are correct. I also recall drinking out of The Rescuers Down Under collector's glasses for the longest time

e: Oh wait it was the ones from the original movie we had lol

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I had no milk this morning so I could not have my morning cappuccino and I am grumpy

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I had no milk this morning so I could not have my morning cappuccino and I am grumpy

I put milk on the grocery list but it won't materialize unless I leave the house and buy it and my only real impetus is when I want to make coffee and realize I can't make a latte 😤😤😤

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I suppose I also have this "Fun Pack" of small cereals that will be unlocked with the purchase of milk so that is another incentive

Mar 5, 2024
a loving default wall of text on why we can't put ice in your coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I was up until 4 AM working so now I'm enjoying a nice cup of coffee to get me through the morning