Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

just for fun i looked it up and PEI's homicide rate is so low that there are multiple years last decade with zero homicides. anyway i am going to kill 30 armed gang members here.

It's these little details that make it.

Comin' straight outta PEI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

BisbyWorl posted:

okay I'm home from work

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

BisbyWorl posted:

okay I'm home from work

lol

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

i mean i dont know why hed come up with the cancer lie in the first place unless he wanted to dump this identity. same with killing off the kid.

my best guess is that he genuinely liked the social circle hed built up but disliked how much Lore hed built up for himself that he had to keep track of (as shown by all the pitfalls hed thrown himself into.) so kill off the kid, kill off the dark id, kill off Squeaky The Cat, then just post permanently as his mod alt. he gets to talk to everyone, he doesnt have to juggle multiple identities, the only lore he has to keep track of is that he's dead. (which is an insane thing to say, but.)

I think after a certain point you just run out of material. He killed off his lesbian daughter because he was out of heartwarming after school special moments for her :(

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Endorph posted:

i mean i dont know why hed come up with the cancer lie in the first place unless he wanted to dump this identity. same with killing off the kid.

my best guess is that he genuinely liked the social circle hed built up but disliked how much Lore hed built up for himself that he had to keep track of (as shown by all the pitfalls hed thrown himself into.) so kill off the kid, kill off the dark id, kill off Squeaky The Cat, then just post permanently as his mod alt. he gets to talk to everyone, he doesnt have to juggle multiple identities, the only lore he has to keep track of is that he's dead. (which is an insane thing to say, but.)

the holy poopacy posted:

I think after a certain point you just run out of material. He killed off his lesbian daughter because he was out of heartwarming after school special moments for her :(

you're both overthinking it. imo.

like, the thing that initially pinged my radar about his bullshit was when he talked about attacking a kid that was bullying his fake gay and not yet dead daughter, throwing said kid into a dumpster, he posted the story, talked about it for one day, and then dropped the thread entirely.

it was pretty suspicious because like, an adult beating up a kid in suburbia isn't something that just goes away. cops are going to get called somehow, they're going to do questioning, blah blah. if any of it was true, TDI would've been given a steady stream of material to post about in righteous vindication/fury for weeks afterward. instead the thread just shriveled.

he does not think about the consequences of his lies. he just lies, and the day after the lie is complete, he's onto the next lie. it's little different from any other drug. the lie, and the attention the lie gets you, is the juice. if the whistle hadn't been blown, TDI would show back up 3, 6 months from now saying he had to fake his death because nestle had entered into a corrupt compact with monsanto to poison the food shipments to his ethical PMC and knock out his command structure because he refused to be part of their death squads back in nineteen ticky two.

and a good 2/3rds of his discord would have lapped up every single word.

Coolguye has a new favorite as of 16:50 on Mar 5, 2024

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Paladinus posted:

The right-side-of-history slant to his lies is what brings it over the top for me. Almost every single aspect of his lies has some social cause angle, it's absolutely ridiculous. Pay gap in the assassin industry, turning down death squad assignments from Nestle, beating up homophobes and nazis, fighting against Russian imperialism, saving animals by the dozen...

i think this is the funniest part of the whole thing its literally just the guy who writes in fake letters for Soldier of Fortune magazine, but woke

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think this is the funniest part of the whole thing its literally just the guy who writes in fake letters for Soldier of Fortune magazine, but woke

soldier of fortune was also woke. and thats why it has gone broke.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
It's funny seeing Speedball come up again after years of not thinking about him, and having to have friends refresh me on how he used to post his transformation fetish comic in the webcomic threads for feedback at a time where people were trying to be nicer about stuff and everyone kind of going

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nuns with Guns posted:

It's funny seeing Speedball come up again after years of not thinking about him, and having to have friends refresh me on how he used to post his transformation fetish comic in the webcomic threads for feedback at a time where people were trying to be nicer about stuff and everyone kind of going

maybe thats why the dark id cut him out

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

maybe thats why the dark id cut him out

He was mad it stopped updating. We all have a webcomic like that in our life.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nuns with Guns posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lol.

Nuns with Guns posted:

And lol, also.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Nuns with Guns posted:

lol this rings a weird bell

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Feels Villeneuve posted:

just for fun i looked it up and PEI's homicide rate is so low that there are multiple years last decade with zero homicides. anyway i am going to kill 30 armed gang members here.

He kept you... ungrateful... scumbags... safe. He died protecting you from the marauding gangs of Nazis and suicide dads, and that's why you could live your small lives safe from crime, not realizing the sacrifices he made to keep the statistics down. But now he's dead and the reality is about to crush your bubble - HARD

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
prince chudward island

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I like that Cyberpunk made Johnny Silverhand a real rear end in a top hat and not like John Wick or whoever. He’s a real dick and it’s nice to get to bicker with him.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

#goals

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dermott was the best character in venture bros that is all

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
a Venn diagram where Dermott and the daughter overlap:

- father is a secret agent who murders people constantly
- fictional character

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lol this rings a weird bell

????

It was slightly before my time, I suppose, but I don't remember it from webcomics threads. And it's somewhat memorable, I would say.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
does anyone have a body count

like if you were in a discord channel for a guy that routinely said stuff like he's gotta put down some tourists outside his hotel room, good thing he always has a gun, why would you stay there

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
lmao that third panel

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh

Yeah

Yeahhhhhhh

That

Is completely understood

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its my birthday today and im 15!

and that means only one thing........BRING IT IN GUYS!!!

*all of the fake cancer victims and japanese girlfriends i made up come in bring in cake, snackage, drinks, and meal items*

RSX11M
Sep 21, 2016

The Leader in Efficient Realtime Processing

Voxx posted:

does anyone have a body count

like if you were in a discord channel for a guy that routinely said stuff like he's gotta put down some tourists outside his hotel room, good thing he always has a gun, why would you stay there

look, i get it. some tourists are really annoying

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

maddox was the first guy who posts epic poo poo like hes going to 360 noscope a child for enjoying a water slide or whatever. first discord cult leader psycho???

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Wtf at that comic

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Wtf at that comic

It's great, actually.

E: And it wasn't before my time, it turns out, this update is from 2019.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Paladinus posted:

????

It was slightly before my time, I suppose, but I don't remember it from webcomics threads. And it's somewhat memorable, I would say.

lmao

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lmao.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Paladinus posted:

It's great, actually.

E: And it wasn't before my time, it turns out, this update is from 2019.

e: gently caress

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

webcomic artists are a rare breed because they draw and draw and draw and never seem to get any better at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!