Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Al! posted:

its 2024 i know that i need to tilt the stick to move

Why do you hate people with disabilities so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm just built different.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

sorry my materia slots are full with the "shitposting" and "navel-gazing" materias

ff8 is better

FFX is best but I have a feeling most people got stuck on the Thunder Plains because they couldn't see all the signposts due to the astraphobia probably

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Why do you hate people with disabilities so much

i watched enough giant bomb quick looks to know that they over tutorialize because games journalists are retarded

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

*nods* deus ex human revolution

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Al! posted:

i watched enough giant bomb quick looks to know that they over tutorialize because games journalists are retarded

The Cuphead guy lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The Cuphead guy lol

That was the same guy who wrote some insane fluff piece about Saudi Arabia investing in games it was sick

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol gently caress, you just unlocked a memory for me

I 100% completed Xenoblade 1, all sidequests, max affinities, etc. On the drat 3ds version

That was the only 3DS game I owned that would hard crash.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The Cuphead guy lol

The guy who created God of War couldn't figure out to shoot the ceiling in Metroid Dread

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
absolutely incredible

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Was the Cuphead guy the same guy that complained about Metroid Dread?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The guy who created God of War couldn't figure out to shoot the ceiling in Metroid Dread

That’s what I was thinking of lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

Was the Cuphead guy the same guy that complained about Metroid Dread?

nah i think that was David Jaffe

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shTto9xnXZY

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TheMightyBoops posted:

I never had it crash on me, but the Binding of Isaac port constantly hard crashed. It was a bummer too bc at the time it was my favorite version

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

lol when hes standing in front of the gigantic glowing orange background that specifically spans the area and hes saying "theres no indication visually"

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i see a ladder and i want to paint it gold

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Stux posted:

lol when hes standing in front of the gigantic glowing orange background that specifically spans the area and hes saying "theres no indication visually"

Lol and the lighting/texture on the shootable ceiling is different too. And literally the enemy crawling on the ceiling is meant to guide you to shoot there!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TheMightyBoops posted:

Xenoblade was like one of the three or so 3DS games that required the New 3DS, those graphics were too beefy

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Knowing nothing about Metroid I would have assumed I needed to walk into the glowing door area and transverse behind the walls up to the next level, where I would exit out of the same glowing door above.

And when that doesn't work I would have shot it.

Learning a puzzle by seeing it happen first, even accidentally, is a fundamental aspect of game design.

Also yuck this dude has to be like "I love Nintendo and I worship at the alter of Miyamoto as most designers do." Sure pal

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
we must go back in time and prevent shigeru miyamoto from going into that cave (playing hydlide)

RSX11M
Sep 21, 2016

The Leader in Efficient Realtime Processing

Feels Villeneuve posted:

absolutely incredible

they may love having slaves but you know what these saudi princes love more? thats right, mario party with the boys

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RSX11M posted:

they may love having slaves but you know what these saudi princes love more? thats right, mario party with the boys

and hell they're right to

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Feels Villeneuve posted:

absolutely incredible

Bet that this journo thought "head in the sand" was a masterful double entandre

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

RSX11M posted:

Just don't expect them to play Daisy or Peach in Mario Kart.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
You gotta hand it to em, they understand the importance of gaming

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

gaming is critical, now more hthan ever

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
You've heard of Arab Spring, now get ready for Mario Party Summer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

lobster shirt posted:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Multiple Horizon devs talking about how the inscrutable Japanese hate disabled gamers because of Elden Ring ftw.

My favorite was the article that said no quest log makes the game inaccessible to the "intellectually challenged" lol.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Nuns with Guns posted:

It's funny seeing Speedball come up again after years of not thinking about him, and having to have friends refresh me on how he used to post his transformation fetish comic in the webcomic threads for feedback at a time where people were trying to be nicer about stuff and everyone kind of going

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Multiple Horizon devs talking about how the inscrutable Japanese hate disabled gamers because of Elden Ring ftw.

My favorite was the article that said no quest log makes the game inaccessible to the "intellectually challenged" lol.

The Eurogamer guy who said that the lack of explicit direction made Tears of the Kingdom inaccessible to people with Long Covid

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the thing is i get that some people, because of taste, will see a game that's like "go wherever you want" and get kind of overwhelmed in an unenjoyable way but i don't know how you get from there to "the Japanese hate disabled people"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

lobster shirt posted:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Eurogamer guy who said that the lack of explicit direction made Tears of the Kingdom inaccessible to people with Long Covid

it does (laudatory)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Semper Games.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am a Gamer. Quote this if you are proud to be a Gamer.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the thing is i get that some people, because of taste, will see a game that's like "go wherever you want" and get kind of overwhelmed in an unenjoyable way but i don't know how you get from there to "the Japanese hate disabled people"

it's because they are taking every perceived slight personally, op

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I am a Gamer. Quote this if you are proud to be a Gamer.

ROG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's their mind on ubisoft checklist slop. the Souls games were big but Elden Ring was WAY bigger so I think it made a bunch of other people who never played the other games take a look and when they only play Far Cry and Modern AssCreed...well....It probably looks insanely impossible lol