Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i don't really care who they cast as Draven. the movie will live or die on who they cast as Top Dollar

I wonder if they're going to just stick with the change the movie made or if they're going to switch T-Bird and Top Dollar's characters back. Honestly they're probably going to give everyone a new name and have the personalities be only vaguely similar to either version. This is the director of the live action Ghost in the Shell and the screenwriter of Gran Turismo so I don't have particularly high hopes even aside from that promotional image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No one says it but it could be Danny Huston. A mid choice, idk.

Could also be anyone else too.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1340094/

Hard to know. But super hard to beat Michael Wincott. Even in Halo, Wincott’s profit of regret is incredible and iconic. In Halo 3, Terrence stamp, Zod himself just didn’t live up to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlQljSQADb4

Just the best voice echoing through the game

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I kind of assume Danny Huston's the big bad, and yeah, kinda mid. I don't really see Stryker from X-men Origins: Wolverine as someone dangerous in the way Top Dollar is.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Hey, I don't know The Crow but Huston was an excellent villain in The Congress.

"I want to drink Robin Wright."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I was gonna say, he'd be like Senator Top Dollar.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Open Source Idiom posted:

Hey, I don't know The Crow but Huston was an excellent villain in The Congress.

"I want to drink Robin Wright."

He was also very good in 30 Days of Night. Guy has form for menace.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Baron von Eevl posted:

This is the director of the live action Ghost in the Shell

okay but that guy rules. he's as close as you're going to get to a modern day Alex Proyas who isn't just, well, Alex Proyas. i wasn't at all interested in this movie until i learned he was involved.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the actress they cast to play shelley has...2 film roles on her imdb page?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Kvlt! posted:

the actress they cast to play shelley has...2 film roles on her imdb page?

I mean it's not exactly a major role. I'm just going off of the movie though, maybe she has a bigger role in the comic?

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I feel like there are more Shelly scenes in the comic but they are similar to the film in their brevity.

FKA Twigs is a quite popular musician and dancer that seems to be trying to start an acting career. So far I would say that her short resume is the least of my worries for this version of The Crow.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, FKA Twigs being involved was what gave me a bit of hope at first. She's a very good musician and has done a lot of interesting performance art, very ethereal and dreamlike stuff.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 5, 2024

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Basebf555 posted:

I know it sounds dumb to say that my enthusiasm for a movie took a major hit because of a hair related decision but come on. What is this?

This is, again, one of those things where there are tons of guys who look just like this. The girl remake of THE CROW is not gonna have the guy looking like Gothic King Cobra.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 5, 2024

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Rina Sawayama had her first movie role in John Wick 4 haven't seen it but heard she was good.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I thought she was awful and incredibly wooden but I also hate the John Wick movies and look for any reason to discount them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kvlt! posted:

also may the good Lord help me but my fellow posters I must admit publicly what i know in my heart to be true:

Godzilla Minus One > Shin Godzilla

It’s like Raiders of the Lost Ark vs. The Last Crusade. There’s no wrong answer.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

GMK wipes the floor with them both though.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Heavy Metal posted:

GMK wipes the floor with them both though.

Nah, Indy’s barely in that.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Xiahou Dun posted:

Nah, Indy’s barely in that.

Haha, oh my Indiana Jones vs Godzilla, I think even Han Solo would have a tough time competing with the Big G in a legend off!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Indiana Jones is not a good franchise. one good movie. I really dont get the nerd hype on it. same with Tron. Another mid loving franchise that gets too much praise.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

I thought she was awful and incredibly wooden but I also hate the John Wick movies and look for any reason to discount them.

She did really well with the action though in my opinion. I imagine anyone with a dance background probably has an advantage when it comes to picking up intricate fight choreography like that. I don't actually know if she has a dance background but I'm assuming she does because of her music career.

dorium posted:

Indiana Jones is not a good franchise. one good movie. I really dont get the nerd hype on it. same with Tron. Another mid loving franchise that gets too much praise.

I know for me it had a lot to do with the trilogy being in regular rotation on cable in the 90s, and so they'd play them back to back to back. 8 year old me didn't really distinguish between them, to me they were basically one big 6 hour movie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Indiana Jones getting the college he teaches at destroyed by Mothra because he stole an artifact from Infant Island.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I may lack some context but Tron being A Thing always felt like some revisionist history from the era of Disney trying to spin old failures into classics actually.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

TheKingslayer posted:

I may lack some context but Tron being A Thing always felt like some revisionist history from the era of Disney trying to spin old failures into classics actually.

that's what it always felt like. I remember being incredibly bored by the movie as a child and the only thing people get excited about now when you mention Tron is that terrible record Daft Punk made for the last movie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

TheKingslayer posted:

Tron was a cult classic in the truest sense. There were a handful of people who really loved Tron because it was so weird and unique. Trying to spin that into a blockbuster franchise was always doomed to failure.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Mm8wDH9Fk

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Tron was a cult classic in the truest sense. There were a handful of people who really loved Tron because it was so weird and unique. Trying to spin that into a blockbuster franchise was always doomed to failure.

My only context for Tron as a kid was that it was a movie they'd show at 2 am on the Disney Channel. It felt like a rare thing to catch when it was on, as an adult I realize it's not very good but it had a cool vibe back then.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

TheKingslayer posted:

My only context for Tron as a kid was that it was a movie they'd show at 2 am on the Disney Channel. It felt like a rare thing to catch when it was on, as an adult I realize it's not very good but it had a cool vibe back then.

I remember The Daily Show doing an extended Tron bit, including a correspondent dressed in one of the Tron suits, that fell flat because the audience had no idea what was going on.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Tron arcade game owns

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Dad took me to the premier of Tron as a kid, and it's what cemented me into computers. I walked out of that movie at 6 years old knowing I was going to be a computer toucher when I grow up. I still wont shut the gently caress up how awesome the Tron movies are. That Daft Punk soundtrack is also the best soundtrack ever recorded in the history of forever and I will fight anyone to the death over that.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheKingslayer posted:

Was that an era? They sure didn't try with The Black Hole

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Philthy posted:

Dad took me to the premier of Tron as a kid, and it's what cemented me into computers. I walked out of that movie at 6 years old knowing I was going to be a computer toucher when I grow up. I still wont shut the gently caress up how awesome the Tron movies are. That Daft Punk soundtrack is also the best soundtrack ever recorded in the history of forever and I will fight anyone to the death over that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

tron legacy is an all time favorite of mine. Everytime I throw it on, it still just gets to me. The visuals, the music...and tbh the ending always gets to my soul.

I'd say it was the last truly great pure Disney film they made.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I listen to the Tron Legacy soundtrack at least weekly so you have my glowy disc if you need stans

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Tron Legacy was a great theater experience.

To contrast with one of my least favorite movies I saw in theaters, Deliver Us From Evil. The amount of fake out jump scares in that one should get the director a felony charge.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

HC cocking his fists for punchin' is peak cinema.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Phy posted:

Was that an era? They sure didn't try with The Black Hole

Anthony Perkins got his franchise though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mi6 is the peak of the whole franchise. Really didn’t like 7 honestly. Felt too covidy. Using close ups and bad angles to hide the lack of actors on set

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Oh, hell yeah, my go-to Alamo is playing The Descent tonight! It's one of my favorites and I've never seen it in theater, so I'm stoked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

XIII posted:

Oh, hell yeah, my go-to Alamo is playing The Descent tonight! It's one of my favorites and I've never seen it in theater, so I'm stoked

I’m pretty loving jealous. Holy poo poo.