Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich

kazil posted:

Exit polls so whatever, but if Haley is pulling 30+ percent that's pretty bad for Trump

Do we have any comparable numbers on Never Trump for last election? I feel like they did occasionally ask in the primaries, but not consistently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Some tense synthwave just popped into my head and is being narrated with military jargon. Something big is happening, I know it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fishmasher posted:

nevermind, going to go pet a dog or something instead of watching politicians with personality disorders rant in all caps again

I didn't rig poo poo!!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Some tense synthwave just popped into my head and is being narrated with military jargon. Something big is happening, I know it.

It’s the primary what could happen

Do you think Swift had a ton of Nikki Haley fans?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Spindle posted:

Do we have any comparable numbers on Never Trump for last election? I feel like they did occasionally ask in the primaries, but not consistently.

There are Republicans, like the Security of State in Georgia Brad Raffensberger, who claim that Trump :lol: LOST due to Republican voters who voted Republican down ticket but intentionally left President blank.

OTOH, I feel like the fact that the Dems won the House in that election kind of refutes that, so it might just be trad Republican cope.

Assuming there are Republican voters who still vote Republican but didn't vote Trump last time, the question is how many of them quit voting Republican after SCOTUS overturned Roe v Wade (thinking of those Maine voters who voted Biden/Susan Collins), and how many of them are ready to vote for Trump after four years of living in the hell that is Biden's America :jerkbag:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s the primary what could happen

Do you think Swift had a ton of Nikki Haley fans?

The other way around but I was just making a Tom Clancy joke.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm getting a message from Taylor Swift... but I don't get it.

Votejeb? Votejeb? Votejeb?!

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

drat I can't believe she's escalating like this

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

drat I can't believe she's escalating like this

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1765135535943606277
lmao

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The what, now?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Dean Phillips starting to pull ahead!!!!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Marianne Williamson reopened her campaign to come in 4th place.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kazil posted:

Marianne Williamson reopened her campaign to come in 4th place.

Pretty sure she reopened it because California votes today and she probably lives there, and so was able to write-off some poo poo :lol:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
She just wanted an excuse to get out of the house

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

She just wanted an excuse to get out of the house

Stocking up on bulk toilet paper and charging it to her campaign's credit cards.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/BadMedicalTakes/status/1765014653220831454

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
The virgin biden flies more than 300,000 migrants into the us.

The chad Trump travels to meet his underage migrants

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oscar Wild posted:

The virgin biden flies more than 300,000 migrants into the us.

The chad Trump travels to meet his underage migrants

God I hope the Biden campaign is ready to plaster Facebook with ads that are just this photo from Labor Day to Election Day.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

God I hope the Biden campaign is ready to plaster Facebook with ads that are just this photo from Labor Day to Election Day.

Apparently somebody has bought billboards with this picture in a few different spots in North Carolina.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

kazil posted:

Exit polls so whatever, but if Haley is pulling 30+ percent that's pretty bad for Trump

I voted in the NC Republican primary but I was not polled

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

It's gonna be interesting seeing how Philips performs in the MN primary, it's his home state after all. He might even crack the 7% mark!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The funniest thing in the world would be if polls showed a close race and we're all biting our finger nails right up until Election Day, and then Trump gets absolutely blown out because a bunch of independent and trad Republican voters loving hate him. :laffo:

I'm not holding my breath, but the :lol:s would be glorious.

Imagine Trump trying to contest an election where he wasn't even close. :lmao:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Asterite34 posted:

It's gonna be interesting seeing how Philips performs in the MN primary, it's his home state after all. He might even crack the 7% mark!

Nah. I don't think even his House district voters like him, I think they just vote for him 'cuz he's got the (D) next to his name.

There are some House members where taking a run at Biden might've made sense. Dean Phillips is not one of them. :george:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

The funniest thing in the world would be if polls showed a close race and we're all biting our finger nails right up until Election Day, and then Trump gets absolutely blown out because a bunch of independent and trad Republican voters loving hate him. :laffo:

Biden gets past 270 on election night and then over the next few days, Texas and Florida flip blue as the mail in vote is counted

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

This sounds loving awesome

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Waltzing Along posted:

Can facebook stay down forever? Please?

And snapchat and instagram and pintrest gently caress it add all the social media except for SA.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Senor Tron posted:

Seems hard to make that call just off those numbers, I imagine a lot of Trump voters wouldn't support a Republican if Trump doesn't get the nom somehow.

I was thinking the same thing, but that just makes the situation even harder for the GOP

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Monica Bellucci posted:

HI! I'm America! *shits self noisily*

Bet you wish you were me! *accidentally pisses in own mouth*

WASN'T ME IT WAS THE UHMUGRUNTS! *gargles and swallows own piss*

NUMBUR WON!

America famously is the only country with fascistic shitheads, idiots, and racists

how dare you attack our country, our big beautiful country

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I think that might be the only way to carve out everyone but the most diehard MAGA freaks.
A complete blue flood with no room to appeal or recount would shut up the more timid Nazi wannabes and the rest are too far gone to matter anyway.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Nah. I don't think even his House district voters like him, I think they just vote for him 'cuz he's got the (D) next to his name.

There are some House members where taking a run at Biden might've made sense. Dean Phillips is not one of them. :george:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. the NYT polls are 100% accurate and have Phillips at double digits nationally.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Inzombiac posted:

A complete blue flood with no room to appeal or recount would shut up the more timid Nazi wannabes and the rest are too far gone to matter anyway.

There's no shutting them up, but maybe people will finally stop listening to them. Last to board that train will be the media.

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
The last time the Trump cult tried to stage a coup, they ended up livestreaming themselves breaking and entering just so they could fart in Nancy Pelosi's chair.

If the most realistic worst case scenario is a repeat of the funniest current event in my lifetime, then I welcome it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Bone Crimes posted:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. the NYT polls are 100% accurate and have Phillips at double digits nationally.

Wow, :nice:

P:lol:s

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Serious_Cyclone posted:

There's no shutting them up, but maybe people will finally stop listening to them. Last to board that train will be the media.

I dunno, remember Election Night for the 2022 Midterms, with Charlie Kirk asking Kari Lake, "Are we wrong?" :lol:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah the GOP is beyond saving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

How do you compromise with a fascist that wants to imprison and kill you?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4016635