Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Toxic Mental posted:

wife got the vanilla strawberry swirl ice cream today, said it was good

I thought they were getting rid of strawnilla and we all have to get vanilla or dual chocolate vanilla now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
First they stopped stocking the Kirkland Monterey Jack (my homemade enchiladas nooo!)

And now this!!

gently caress

:(

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Had the pizza again for the first time in a while, eh good for the price. The combo was truly great but the sausage and veggies aren’t coming back, just more mediocre pepperoni.

I gotta say though I’ve been drinking more wine lately and the cheap/table wines are really great.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Blue Moonlight posted:

Yesterday, some woman kept abandoning her cart in the middle of the aisle to go look at whatever caught her eye.

It was my wife. :sigh:

I tried the turkey sandwich at the food court. It was alright, though IMO a little expensive for what it was.

Costco cucked

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Cuckco

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Lathespin.gif posted:

gently caress

If you are lucky they are just changing package sizes or something

Normally there's an instant rebate when something is truly being discontinued

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lathespin.gif posted:

First they stopped stocking the Kirkland Monterey Jack (my homemade enchiladas nooo!)

And now this!!

gently caress

Is this bad because it's the wrong kimchi? I'm confused.

fake edit: Is it because the price ends in .99?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Josh Lyman posted:

Is this bad because it's the wrong kimchi? I'm confused.

fake edit: Is it because the price ends in .99?

The asterisk at the upper right means it’s not coming back.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

norp posted:

This is exactly what is happening. The Jongga at my Costco is different packaging than that now.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Shrinkflation is about to strike, rendering it “the one with one g”.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

pencilhands posted:

I got my citi visa reimbursement today. Apparently they no longer process them at customer service, you need to be at the register.

PH with the info the people need and deserve

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Jingleheimer posted:

This is exactly what is happening. The Jongga at my Costco is different packaging than that now.

Explains why it was on rebate in that package (but denoted in metric) in Australia this month.
Also assuming that's USA you are getting ripped, because it was down from just less than $9aud to $6.99 AUD here

Then again I guess shipping it from Korea is cheaper to Australia

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
jongga has factories in california and new jersey

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Imagine being downwind from the jongga factory

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Eeyo posted:

kimchi is a cold ferment without sterilization. the main stink is actually from the fish sauce, which they don't make onsite, presumably

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Eeyo posted:

It would be similar to opening my refrigerator door?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

kimchi is a cold ferment without sterilization. the main stink is actually from the fish sauce, which they don't make onsite, presumably

Have you made your own in your house? It smells.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Have you made your own in your house? It smells.

i make it every quarter, about. it does smell, from the fish sauce only. so there's no uncontainable bit that smells, unlike fish sauce production

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
At Seattle Children's and posting a blessed picture to the Costco thread:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i bought the tiger rice cooker a few weeks ago and while it cooks rice just fine the slow cook function just straight up doesn't work. i have no idea what we were doing wrong. we'd select slow cook, set a time, press start and it would show the time remaining and do nothing. it wouldn't get hot, the timer wouldn't count down, nothing. i googled around a bit and it turns out other people have had this issue and there's no fix or anything, it just doesn't work. i'm really really disappointed

time to bite the bullet and get myself a zojirushi like an adult, i guess

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Laterite posted:

At Seattle Children's and posting a blessed picture to the Costco thread:

I hope you're at Seattle Children's for a good reason, or at least everything's okay.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

PIZZA.BAT posted:

time to bite the bullet and get myself a zojirushi like an adult, i guess

I bought two of these in 2015 (one as a gift), and they have been in use multiple times a day, every day.

What else with moving parts can you use at least 3,285 times and not have it break? Zojiushi "Made in Japan" is some serious business.

edit: Jeez, it cost $158 in 2015, now it's $207. Ah well, buy once cry once.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 5, 2024

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

zojirushi’s rendition of minuet is a cherished small, daily joy

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

TrashMammal posted:

if u know u know

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Safety Dance posted:

I hope you're at Seattle Children's for a good reason, or at least everything's okay.

Yep, the reason we're here isn't great, but on a good path to recovery. Teenagers and eating disorders ... terrible combinatory value.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

TrashMammal posted:

gotta sign along to it every time,

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My Zojirushi never sang once :(

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Soul Dentist posted:

My Zojirushi never sang once :(

the song is literally the only reason anyone could ever have to upgrade. gotta hit those numbers somehow

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

pencilhands posted:

I got my citi visa reimbursement today. Apparently they no longer process them at customer service, you need to be at the register.

if they owe you enough money they make you go to customer service

just cashed mine and they gave me $1200... In twenties :homebrew:

large hands fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Mar 6, 2024

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Laterite posted:

Yep, the reason we're here isn't great, but on a good path to recovery. Teenagers and eating disorders ... terrible combinatory value.

Ah dang, I'm sorry. Glad you're on a good path.

Our first experience with Children's was when our one year old was having trouble breathing. They know their stuff.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

norp posted:

That happened at my store a couple months ago when they changed the packaging on the omeprazole pills. I was originally concerned they were gonna stop carrying it but the next time I went back it was just in a slightly smaller set of boxes for the same price.

Still a ridiculous amount of packaging though. I kept one of the little bottles from when I used to buy it at Meijer and just unbox/punch out the pills and stick them in it.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Omeprazole: your doctor will almost certainly write a prescription for it and then it's like eight dollars at the Costco pharmacy

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

my costco just switched packaging and added an additional variety of jongga. probably the former for you op, and hopefully the latter as well

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

large hands posted:

if they owe you enough money they make you go to customer service

just cashed mine and they gave me $1200... In twenties :homebrew:

Is there a reason I'm missing for cashing it out in store instead of just doing direct deposit?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

what's the additional variety? plain daikon?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I didn't know that if I used my rebate at the checkout... they would cash out the rest of it, lol. didn't expect to walk out with two bills but PBUC

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Eeyo posted:

what's the additional variety? plain daikon?

ponytail radish

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

jisforjosh posted:

Is there a reason I'm missing for cashing it out in store instead of just doing direct deposit?

If you cash it out and not use it to buy Costco groceries you can put your Costco groceries on your CC and earn 2/4% but that's not a big deal when you can get savings accounts with 5% these days so just use it to pay for your next trip and save the money into a savings account instead of using it on a credit card bill.

Similar reason why people use Amazon prime credit card as credits on their next statement instead of applying it at check out.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

If you cash it out and not use it to buy Costco groceries you can put your Costco groceries on your CC and earn 2/4% but that's not a big deal when you can get savings accounts with 5% these days so just use it to pay for your next trip and save the money into a savings account instead of using it on a credit card bill.

Similar reason why people use Amazon prime credit card as credits on their next statement instead of applying it at check out.

I thought if you redeemed it for credit you didnt get the rewards on $ paid for on credit. I always deposit to a bank account then pay my bill from that bank account. Only reason not to do this is if you do not have a bank account, do not want to give costco your bank account info, or want a wad of cash in your pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

Where I am (Canada) you have to redeem it in store. They didn't even email me the coupon this year, they had to scan it from my phone from the credit card website.