Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What’s the gamer word.

The N Word (Nintendo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you can not speak a language and still appreciate the performance... subs ftw

im at least a quarter weeb so I do notice when they mistranslate one of the anime words

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

yong yea is also on record as defending peoples' use of the gamer word and when called out on it, he gave some excuse like "i haven't lived in america long, i wasn't aware people saw it as negative" (he'd been living in america for over a decade at this point)

'gamer word' the n word. you mean the n word.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Al! posted:

im at least a quarter weeb so I do notice when they mistranslate one of the anime words
nine times out of ten its less 'mistranslation' and more 'translating the same word the same way every time isnt really how translation works when it comes to narrative fiction'

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Endorph posted:

Yeah. Was just trying to be a little cheeky

https://twitter.com/TechnoSyndrome/status/1671622204008849408

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

i'm going to pull off a heat action and smash your face through a microwave and then pour scalding hot coffee on you - given to me by that convenience story employee because they are my friend.
cock's shotgun

if you are missing out on english ichiban you aren't a yakuza fan

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Endorph posted:

not like the yakuza franchise is a stranger to problematic va's....that one dude from judgement did drugs

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Heath posted:

The N Word (Nintendo)

it's Neo Geo. SORRY SORRY. I'm just saying what the word is. PLEASE look at the context and don't @ me.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

yong yea is also on record as defending peoples' use of the gamer word and when called out on it, he gave some excuse like "i haven't lived in america long, i wasn't aware people saw it as negative" (he'd been living in america for over a decade at this point)

lol that this is a recurring excuse for youtubers

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
(racist youtuber from austrialia) we say the n word all the time here it is only racist in america

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Farg posted:

Farg posted:

not like the yakuza franchise is a stranger to problematic va's....that one dude from judgement did drugs

God you are a miserable pile of slime lmao. Good lord.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Farg posted:

are his combat barks that good?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

the only time I have seen "hire a youtuber to be your voice actor" work well is SungWon Cho as Senshi in the dungeon meshi dub

SungWon Cho is pretty choice but I have to give props to Gianni Matragrano being willing to reprise his role as Gabriel Ultrakill saying literally any dumbass thing he thinks would be funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go6DRgNaCL8

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

(racist youtuber from austrialia) we say the n word all the time here it is only racist in america

i don't understand why we can't say the word, what else can we call those specific types of nuts?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Palate cleanser so I don’t tell that freak to kill himself and end up having to buy an avatar again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=968yNvFiVH0

bladededge
Sep 17, 2017

im sorry every one. the throne of heroes ran out of new heroic spirits so the grail had to summon existing ones in swimsuits instead

I have no idea how skilled an actor this man is in other contexts but good lord if this is Kiryu's voice then he was horribly, HORRIBLY miscast

also lol wut you call this an apology. You didn't once jump thirty feet from the stage to do a perfect floor swandive in front of your shareholders, get good

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Farg posted:

please give pablo his buttons back

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Dongicus posted:

are his combat barks that good?

he's just really good

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Runa posted:

SungWon Cho is pretty choice but I have to give props to Gianni Matragrano being willing to reprise his role as Gabriel Ultrakill saying literally any dumbass thing he thinks would be funny

loooooooooooool

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

American McGay posted:

God you are a miserable pile of slime lmao. Good lord.

i genuinely believe doing coke in a bar is as bad as being racist, you got me

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
kiryu has had english voice acting before and it was much better not as good as the native japanese but they were better than a youtuber lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

please give pablo his buttons back

Rhino is on it. #TrustTheProcess

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

the only time I have seen "hire a youtuber to be your voice actor" work well is SungWon Cho as Senshi in the dungeon meshi dub

yeah he's good

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
but cho is a VA first and youtuber second

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Runa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA9s3ypfMSA

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Silly game 'Roundabout' has a lot of youtuber and ex-SA people doing all the voice acting. It works because the performances are kinda bad on purpose - that's usually bullshit I know, but in Roundabout it's true. They're going for something specific.

Hiring an actual professional actor for the lead and not giving her any lines at all was a good jape.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Runa posted:

gianni owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnDe2u5M7e8

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

kiryu has had english voice acting before and it was much better not as good as the native japanese but they were better than a youtuber lol

they got the yakuza 1 dub guy back for yakuza 7 and then that guy like, retired from acting all together after that game came out so they had to get a new guy lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
nowhere to go but down after getting the chance to voice kiryu...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they should have hired Will Yun Lee to be the new Kiryu, or they should put Wei Shen in the Yakuza games somehow, either or

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

lol

bladededge
Sep 17, 2017

im sorry every one. the throne of heroes ran out of new heroic spirits so the grail had to summon existing ones in swimsuits instead

Alaois posted:

they got the yakuza 1 dub guy back for yakuza 7 and then that guy like, retired from acting all together after that game came out so they had to get a new guy lol

That was legit feel-good wholesome stuff, track the guy down twenty years later and say hey dude this thing's actually big now, want a job.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
also in the latest game kiryus completion list is called "unfinished business" and lol at the idea that he really needs to use every character in virtua fighter 3 before he can rest

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

also in the latest game kiryus completion list is called "unfinished business" and lol at the idea that he really needs to use every character in virtua fighter 3 before he can rest

He does. Apparently that’s funny to you?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

American McGay posted:

He does. Apparently that’s funny to you?

knew I should've gone with "examine 30 toilets"

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

i also need to use every character in virtua fighter 3 before i die

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kiryu WILL learn all of Shun Di

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
kiryu could have lived a peaceful life if he had fully committed to pocket circuit racing

i mean apparently that organization has career growth opportunities from minimum wage jumpsuit guy all the way to ceo

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Yong Yea is boring DSP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
kiryu voiced by phil and majima voiced by LTG