Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kiryuourself now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
yong yea is cringe

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

kiryu voiced by phil and majima voiced by LTG

Kild posted:

Kiryuourself now

Lol

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Kild posted:

Kiryuourself now

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Honestly, just have Takaya Kuroda voice dub Kiryu by sounding out English words.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

sounds worse every time I listen to it tbh

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
in yakuza 7 ichiban says bon voyage when he throws nancy into the river but then in yakuza 8 he doesn't know what bon voyage means (in japanese dub). but then in english they replace bon voyage with a different term that i can't remember right now. sort of interesting trivia i guess

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Fuligin posted:

prague ftw

were pretty cool

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
pacific drive is really cool but i wont keep playing it because its almost like playing a life sim to me, minus the paranormal. living in the pnw near the olympic national park and playing this game just made me wanna go outside for a hike and then i went hiking and went, hmm, this game could use a tree octopus or three

HonorableTB has a new favorite as of 04:54 on Mar 6, 2024

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Farg posted:

in yakuza 7 ichiban says bon voyage when he throws nancy into the river but then in yakuza 8 he doesn't know what bon voyage means (in japanese dub). but then in english they replace bon voyage with a different term that i can't remember right now. sort of interesting trivia i guess

truly amazing

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

pacific drive is really cool but i wont keep playing it because its almost like playing a life sim to me, minus the paranormal. living in the pnw near the olympic national park and playing this game just made me wanna go outside for a hike and then i went hiking and went, hmm, this game could use a tree octopus or three

It looks cool but I can't play scary games due to being too insanely based.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

did someone say bad voiceacting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bangt7d9vGA

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

lmao, chaos wars dub ftw

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!

old group LPs when ever a cutscene started

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

this is incredible

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It was someone's nephew.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Horizon Burning posted:

yong yea is cringe

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

one of the first mods for yakuza 8 being a mod to put japanese kiryu into the english dub is one of humanities greatest accomplishments

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

This is a tangent but I think my favorite Jerma moment is when the Malenia fight in Elden Ring made him so mad he put a black and white filter over the stream and started talking in a carnival barker voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxPA5Zcw60g&t=434s

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You can’t talk about voice acting without mentioning Deep Fear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HfiKaTiIqg

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
has Dark Id's avatar been defaced yet btw

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
"karen is so nice?" dismissed, chud.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Junpei posted:

has Dark Id's avatar been defaced yet btw

I'm pretty sure it got the fake moustache and glasses treatment within an hour or so of the slowbeef tweet

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You can’t talk about voice acting without mentioning Deep Fear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HfiKaTiIqg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO4B1n314co

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Kild posted:

Kiryuourself now

Telling users to improve their trust and relationships with their loved ones and focus on what is really important (actionable). Looking at your rapsheet this isn't the first time, next one is a perma.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

also imagining kiryu's heat action as furiously filling in a report on a post and lmao.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Kild posted:

Kiryuourself now

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

just caught up on the dark id stuff and loving christ lmfao

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

650+ posts, is it still dark id stuff or are we back on how great video games are. I like video games and had fun playing cs2 with goons this week

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I don’t want to spoil anything by saying too much but I’ll volunteer that the game is tense, sometimes spooky, but not outright scary. It has an absolutely stellar presentation and shouldn’t be missed if you’re interested

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i like the voice acting in forbidden siren. why are they all british and cant pronounce japanese names. no idea. it rules.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

ilmucche posted:

650+ posts, is it still dark id stuff or are we back on how great video games are. I like video games and had fun playing cs2 with goons this week

I wonder if he's dead yet :pressf:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the victims deserve closure, imo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mx. posted:

i like the voice acting in forbidden siren. why are they all british and cant pronounce japanese names. no idea. it rules.

PROFESSAH

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Alaois posted:

PROFESSAH

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Guys, I think Judgment Kazzy is faking it. No one could be an ex-yakuza, an 80s real estate magnate, a spy, and run an orphanage while also posting an exhaustive let's play of every single Virtua Fighter game.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

false flags from someone named The Lobotomyk Id.... hmm...

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Guys, I think Judgment Kazzy is faking it. No one could be an ex-yakuza, an 80s real estate magnate, a spy, and run an orphanage while also posting an exhaustive let's play of every single Virtua Fighter game.

Not with that attitude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pacific Drive is more about spookiness and vibes than jumpscares or suffering. I think it's pretty accessible for the horror-averse.