Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm starting to think Mar-a-lago doesn't actually exist and every image we've ever seen from within is AI generated.

Every single one gives me the heebie jeebies. Like the people almost look human but still very not. The decor is nonsensical. The scenarios offered are ridiculous.

Dog auction. Bathroom with a chandelier full of stolen classified files. A ghostly figure wandering the halls eating at the breakfast buffet and showing up at weddings to talk about flushing toilets 15 times.

It's not real.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Did all of these people flunk out of the "standing like a normal human being" class?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

I said come in! posted:

There was that hilarious but few hour period in the 2020 Election Day where it looked like Biden might win Florida, but ultimately he ended up losing that state.

hmm pretty sure florida almost immediately collapsed for trump, which scared me about wisconsin/pennsylvania and arizona since it seemed like polling was completely off again.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Powershift posted:

I'm starting to think Mar-a-lago doesn't actually exist and every image we've ever seen from within is AI generated.

not true, they confirmed this image of the bathroom is genuine

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

small potatoes in the overall weirdness of the picture, but that's a piss poor painting in the background

One of the super weird peculiarities of Trump that probably contributed to the fact that NYC society loving hated him is much like dogs, he fundamentally does not seem to understand why people of his claimed wealth would own actual art. Like, even if you don't appreciate art, there is a whole business of art advisors that tell rich people how to buy art for the social and financial investment called "Art Advisors". One of the weird tidbits that came out about Ivanaka is her weird art collection that seemed to be very obviously curated by bad art advisors.

quote:

Years ago, while reporting a book about a real-estate developer and reality-TV star named Donald Trump, Tim O’Brien accompanied his subject on a private jet ride to Los Angeles. The plane, as you can imagine, was overly ornate; hanging on one wall, for instance, was a painting of two young girls—one in an orange hat, the other wearing a floral bonnet—in the impressionistic style of Renoir.

Curious, O’Brien asked Trump about the painting: was it an original Renoir? Trump replied in the affirmative. It was, he said. “No, it’s not Donald,” O’Brien responded. But, once again, Trump protested that it was.

“Donald, it’s not,” O’Brien said adamantly. “I grew up in Chicago, that Renoir is called Two Sisters on the Terrace, and it’s hanging on a wall at the Art Institute of Chicago.” He concluded emphatically: “That’s not an original.”

Trump, of course, did not agree, but O’Brien dropped the conversation topic and moved on with his interview. He thought that he had heard the last of the Renoir conversation. But the next day, when they boarded the plane to head back to New York City, Trump again pointed to the painting, and as if the conversation had never happened, he pointed to the fake and proclaimed, “You know, that’s an original Renoir.” O’Brien chose not to engage, and dropped the conversation.

Years went by. O’Brien wrote an explosive book, titled TrumpNation: The Art of Being the Donald, which noted that Trump was not actually a multi-billionaire, but rather worth about $150 to $250 million. Trump didn’t like being labeled a measly millionaire, so he sued O’Brien for “malice,” and lost. More time went on, Trump sold the jet, and traded-up to a larger plane; O’Brien assumed that the fake Renoir had been tossed into a bonfire, or at least a proverbial one. And that was the end of the story.

Then, in 2016, the unimaginable happened: Trump was elected president of the United States. A few days afterward, Trump sat down with 60 Minutes for one of his first interviews as president-elect. O’Brien was watching the interview, which took place in Trump Tower. It was highly choreographed, with cameras set up precisely where Trump wanted them. O’Brien watched Trump seated in an ugly mini-throne—“the kind of furniture Trump loves,” O’Brien notes—and sure enough, in the background, hanging on a wall, was that fake Renoir. “I’m sure he’s still telling people who come into the apartment, ‘It’s an original, it’s an original,’” O’Brien told me on this week’s Inside the Hive podcast.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012
Where is all this chud chatter about 320000 migrants being flown in coming from? All sources seem to be from unreputable ones.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol "polls"

https://x.com/DrEricDing/status/1765207143198703628?s=20

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

But the polls

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

But the polls

Maybe it's just too hard for people stationed on nuclear submarines to vote.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Eyes Wide poo poo

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

He has the King Pin Look

Tired of Marvel’s woke bullshit

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Powershift posted:

Every single one gives me the heebie jeebies. Like the people almost look human but still very not. The decor is nonsensical. The scenarios offered are ridiculous.

Dog auction. Bathroom with a chandelier full of stolen classified files. A ghostly figure wandering the halls eating at the breakfast buffet and showing up at weddings to talk about flushing toilets 15 times.

It's not real.

Hoping after Trump dies we get some good ghost stories out of Mar-a-Largo. Toilets flushing repeatedly, ketchup running down the walls, the scent of Fish Delites randomly drifting down the halls...

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Articles from now till Nov

I dunno poo poo about where this bloke is running.

Does he have a chance? Do we know who the Dem opponent is?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Powershift posted:

Maybe it's just too hard for people stationed on nuclear submarines to vote.

When your eyes are constantly full of tears, it is hard to see if you checked the "Trump" box or the "Haley" box.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Dean couldn't even break 9% in his own state, :lol:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

It says "Mar A Lago watch party"

What are these people watching? And Why?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Lolling that Haley beat Trump that just makes my night.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

BrigadierSensible posted:

It says "Mar A Lago watch party"

What are these people watching? And Why?

The irrational part of my brain wants me to believe that he was promised that the polling was wrong and he was actually going to do much, much better and he realized that he actually underperformed the polling.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Excited for a record-low turnout this November.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Autechresaint posted:

Where is all this chud chatter about 320000 migrants being flown in coming from? All sources seem to be from unreputable ones.

Everything Trump complains about turns out that Trump is the one doing. So when Trump complains about fake news, you know where it's coming from.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Murdstone posted:

Lolling that Haley beat Trump that just makes my night.

I DIDN'T LOSE AND I'M NOT POOR

all year

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

BrigadierSensible posted:

I dunno poo poo about where this bloke is running.

Does he have a chance? Do we know who the Dem opponent is?

I live here. What I can tell you is that NC is hard to figure. It's a purple state that runs redder than it should because it's been gerrymandered to hell and back, and the GOP has given themselves a bulletproof majority in the state legislature. It went for Obama in 2008, but it's gone R in subsequent presidential elections, so it's possible that this state is just redder than I want it to be and the idea that it's purple is wishful thinking on my part since I live in a dependably blue area.

The current outgoing governor is a Dem, and the Dem opponent in this race is our state attorney general, so he's not an unknown in state politics. As it stands, he has a better shot against Robinson than any of the other Dem challengers would.

To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to Robinson's campaign for lieutenant governor last time around because I wasn't going to vote for him regardless, but it seems like his time in office has only emboldened him to go full mask-off, and I'm seriously loving horrified at the idea that we could end up with a worse governor than DeSantis or Abbott, who would also have the backing of a GOP-run legislature.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

vaginite posted:

Tired of Marvel’s woke bullshit

the ben afflack daredevil movie had a black kingpin.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i was looking at my spam folder and saw this email

edit: oh they're not great...

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 6, 2024

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MrMojok posted:

Is NYC an abandoned, smoking ruin completely overrun by murderous immigrants yet?

They said this would happen because judges were mean to Trump there.

HP Lovecraft predicted this

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Everyone went to sleep, no one cares about AK

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Autechresaint posted:

I read, but have not confirmed, that in order to take some pressure off the southern border, asylum seekers from some nations are now applying in advance and are able to fly into international airports instead of coming in by land or sea. So it's probably this, but wildly distorted. Or maybe it's just completely made up poo poo, who knows.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Three Olives posted:

One of the super weird peculiarities of Trump that probably contributed to the fact that NYC society loving hated him is much like dogs, he fundamentally does not seem to understand why people of his claimed wealth would own actual art. Like, even if you don't appreciate art, there is a whole business of art advisors that tell rich people how to buy art for the social and financial investment called "Art Advisors". One of the weird tidbits that came out about Ivanaka is her weird art collection that seemed to be very obviously curated by bad art advisors.

not surprising, but i don't mean from a "value" perspective, i just mean the composition stands out to me as dog poo poo. i have no idea if it's original or what it's worth, but it caught my eye because the ships are basically identical, and the complete lack of tension or dynamism you'd expect for the subject matter. not that i'm a particularly artistic person

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

After all these years I've finally decided to watch The Sopranos. Every scene makes me feel like I should be making fun of these dorks, but the show presents them as the epitome of respect-deserving high-class gangsters. But they look and talk like absolute goofballs.

That's what Mar-a-Lago feels like. Like, if you want to buy into the fiction, fine, but on its surface it's so goddamn goofy and silly. Just a bunch of kids playing make-believe.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

But it doesn't really work, anyone would just glance at it and see "I like my guns like Democrats" and huh? You do or don't like either??

Or then if you do see bottom text, you could read it as "Democrats, like their voters, are undocumented"

I don't think, comedically, that the punchline is strong enough.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

credburn posted:

After all these years I've finally decided to watch The Sopranos. Every scene makes me feel like I should be making fun of these dorks, but the show presents them as the epitome of respect-deserving high-class gangsters. But they look and talk like absolute goofballs.

That's what Mar-a-Lago feels like. Like, if you want to buy into the fiction, fine, but on its surface it's so goddamn goofy and silly. Just a bunch of kids playing make-believe.

if you walk away from the sopranos thinking they deserve respect you are completely missing the point of the sopranos

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

TrashMammal posted:

if you walk away from the sopranos thinking they deserve respect you are completely missing the point of the sopranos

You completely misread that post which is pretty ironic

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

Massive overestimating in polls for Trump

Biden beats his averages every time

But Biden is in trouble right NYT? What neighborhood nazi are you surveying today, who claims to be a black 20 year old woman?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
apparently a ton of bad rear end bad men doing bad rear end and tough manly choices drama shows are actually (tragic)comedies.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Bottom Liner posted:

You completely misread that post which is pretty ironic

agreeing with op is misreading?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

hmm pretty sure florida almost immediately collapsed for trump, which scared me about wisconsin/pennsylvania and arizona since it seemed like polling was completely off again.

im probably misremembering, but yeah 2020 election night was intense as gently caress.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

TrashMammal posted:

agreeing with op is misreading?

The use of “you” sounded like you were accusing OP of that and not a nebulous other viewer.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Lol at the one single drink in sight being a giant stemmed glass of Diet Coke.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tony Khan, no!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

small potatoes in the overall weirdness of the picture, but that's a piss poor painting in the background

Is that seriously a jade clock on the mantle in front of it