Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Every time Where Eagles Dare comes on, I instinctively start to air drum when hearing the intro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Kojima is 100% an Amaranthe type of guy

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I've been listening to Absu lately, and the band feels like it's up it's own rear end with these song titles and lyrics. But the music is pretty good imo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Russ is one of the biggest dipshits ever but Tara is a pretty unimpeachable record.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Vargatron posted:

I've been listening to Absu lately, and the band feels like it's up it's own rear end with these song titles and lyrics. But the music is pretty good imo.
Find some of Prospector's interviews on youtube sometime. Up his own rear end is an understatement.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
As much as I love Priest, I don’t know if I can say anything they’ve done is as good as Number of the Beast. To be absolutely fair, though, I think almost no albums can compare to Number of the Beast. poo poo’s just too drat good.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

As much as I love Priest, I don’t know if I can say anything they’ve done is as good as Number of the Beast. To be absolutely fair, though, I think almost no albums can compare to Number of the Beast. poo poo’s just too drat good.
Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, and Seventh Son are all better though :shrug:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Vargatron posted:

You didn't ask for recommendations, but I'll still recommend Daeva (the US one) as a very good Absu substitute without any of Prospector's dipshittery

This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6_mGPOeRU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Oldstench posted:

Find some of Prospector's interviews on youtube sometime. Up his own rear end is an understatement.
quick, someone post the picture of Proscriptor and his cat

e: wait there it is

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Ye shall not judge thee!!!

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 5, 2024

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Smirr posted:

You didn't ask for recommendations, but I'll still recommend Daeva (the US one) as a very good Absu substitute without any of Prospector's dipshittery

jumped ahead and listened to like two seconds of one riff on this and threw it on immediately, this sounds sick

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Between the Absu of Eridu and Erech is a pretty good track though.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
New High on Fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eaYjKB_Phc

It's High on Fire so it whips

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

X-Ray Pecs posted:

:agreed:

That’s the good stuff

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Hot Diggity! posted:

it's so good it's been in my head for a while

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

Snowy posted:

:agreed:

That’s the good stuff

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the guitar tone on that song... so powerful

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I saw Dead Heat, Necrot, Ghoul, and Municipal Waste tonight and it was incredible.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

symbolic posted:

Kojima ftw forever

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I've gone back to those goobers:

https://megatonsword.bandcamp.com/track/cowards-remain

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Oldstench posted:

Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, and Seventh Son are all better though :shrug:

Granted I haven’t listened to Seventh Son, but I think Powerslave and Somewhere in Time just aren’t quite as good. Number of the Beast is just an incredible tight, locked-in album, and some of the soloing on other albums doesn’t quite do it for me.

Altared State posted:

I saw Dead Heat, Necrot, Ghoul, and Municipal Waste tonight and it was incredible.

Was Tony missing half the lyrics for Waste? When I saw them back in 2019 he just wasn’t singing a lot of the lyrics. Still was a hell of a fun show, they ripped.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Go listen to seventh son, now

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh-oh...
Seventh son of a seventh son
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

Also Powerslave is my personal favorite and their hardest hitting album. Close tie to Piece of Mind.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Full of Hell announced a new record

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

more escuela grind drama

https://lambgoat.com/news/41954/escuela-grinds-former-tour-manager-addresses-allegations-from-ex-driver/

it's long and ridiculous. i just go to lambgoat for the comments, which are hilarious

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Powerslave has gotta be the GOAT for me. My next two favorites are Somewhere in Time and Piece of Mind.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

ShoogaSlim posted:

more escuela grind drama

https://lambgoat.com/news/41954/escuela-grinds-former-tour-manager-addresses-allegations-from-ex-driver/

it's long and ridiculous. i just go to lambgoat for the comments, which are hilarious

imagine being the lawyer who had to write bonginator and "creamy chris" in a statement

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Best Maiden for me is Piece of Mind. It was my first Maiden that I owned, so I was always going to choose that one as it shaped my early metal tastes. The opening drum fill that starts out Where Eagles Dare and I was already sold on the band. Seventh Son is a pretty close second. I remember begging my mom to buy me the tape when I saw it for sale at Target when it originally came out. I was about 10, the cover art was the coolest thing I had ever seen at that point. Title track is god tier Maiden for me. Also love Killers and the S/T. Nice and gritty sounding to my ears. But for the most part, I think Maiden had a pretty great discography until maybe the second Blaze disc (which is pretty okay - I rarely revisit it though)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Granted I haven’t listened to Seventh Son, but I think Powerslave and Somewhere in Time just aren’t quite as good. Number of the Beast is just an incredible tight, locked-in album, and some of the soloing on other albums doesn’t quite do it for me.

This is me too, the earlier stuff just works so well for me. I like Powerslave but once it gets to Somewhere in Time I start checking out, nothing really grabs me the same way the way the previous records do.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Somewhere in Time is the weakest of the original Bruce run by a long shot.

e: I guess I've never listened to Fear of the Dark which is probably worse, but the classic era I mean.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

im an iconoclast who likes Time the most out of the 80s Bruce run but really any of those albums are untouchable

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Altared State posted:

I'm seeing them next week! Saw them together for Halloween and it was loving great. And Gwar back in town at the end of the month yesss

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Henchman of Santa posted:

e: I guess I've never listened to Fear of the Dark which is probably worse, but the classic era I mean.

I love the title track from Fear of the Dark but the rest is awful

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Spanish Manlove posted:

I love the title track from Fear of the Dark but the rest is awful

Actually Childhood's End is one of Maiden's best songs and def the most underrated one

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i've blasted this a couple of times since you posted it. in addition to absu-style blackened thrash i got some melechesh-style riff writing from it also. sick recommendation.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

ShoogaSlim posted:

more escuela grind drama

30,000 paragraphs to write an "I'm sorry if" non-apology. Should have used ChatGPT and saved the time

That said, there's a lot of folks overanalyzing the specifics of this one situation because of everything being said in public. There's a ton of situations equally bad or worse where every victim has to shut their mouth or get blackballed, and they take the way that lets them keep eating

Always sad when it's a band dynamic producing a bad situation instead of capitalism

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 6, 2024

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Henchman of Santa posted:

*No Prayer for the Dying has entered the chat*

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I have never even heard of Escuela Grind before hearing about this drama. What kind of metal do they even play?

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Vargatron posted:

I have never even heard of Escuela Grind before hearing about this drama. What kind of metal do they even play?

unmemorable grindcore

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

more escuela grind drama

Creamy Chris lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Creamy Chris lmao

can not imagine a bigger self own than getting your lawyer to ensure you're called creamy chris for the rest of your life lmfao