Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Time to check my email and see how the medical information standards conferences are going

quote:

2024 HL7 FHIR Connectathon 36: Dallas, TX

Greetings, 

We would like to inform you of the upcoming HL7® FHIR® Connectathon taking place May 18-19, 2024, in-person, in Dallas, TX. Please note there will be no hybrid option to include virtual attendance, the event will be in-person only. There is a fee to attend the HL7 FHIR Connectathon and early-bird registration is available through April 26th.

Every institution is going to dismantle remote attendance poo poo at any cost. lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

bred posted:

Flu C! I'm home!

Salt Fish posted:

Into the Mild
by Jon Krakauer

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Time to check my email and see how the medical information standards conferences are going

Every institution is going to dismantle remote attendance poo poo at any cost. lmao

the funniest part of back to normal is how even the existing remote/hybrid poo poo that was pretty much standard for conventions and conferences and stuff in 2019 is being dismantled

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

And the bad news is, they will be pushing Back To Office policies even harder now, since they're going to be getting more and more desperate in the near future.

If you thought Health Policy by Delta Airlines™ was bad, wait'll you see Health Policy by CBRE™ in full effect!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

bred posted:

Flu C! I'm home!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Rickettsia Ricardo is better, dang gp think before u post

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Shady Amish Terror posted:

This is mostly true, but let's not forget that a decent chunk of what our economy and government is designed to do is purely to perpetuate the liberal worldview in a vacuum, free of the influence of things like 'facts' or 'material reality'. As improbable as it might seem, there's a sizable plurality of Biden voters who are still very vocally insistent that he's the greatest president yet, or at least, he's not mTrup and if you're disappointed by him you just need to set your expectations lower otherwise you're a wrecker leftist because it's not the misery machine political apparatus that's wrong, it's you for wanting better things like 'not being specifically excluded from basic rights' or 'a government that isn't actively condoning your destruction'.

Somebody should make a documentary called "MSNBC Took My Dad."

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
https://twitter.com/BoydHuppert/status/1764872537949835731

Local news with a feel good story about a man who had a heart attack while doing construction work at a hospital, lucky guy got to go back to work doing construction only 10 days after having a heart attack!

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

How tf is that supposed to be a feel good story? They didn't even said if they gave him free care!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

NeonPunk posted:

How tf is that supposed to be a feel good story? They didn't even said if they gave him free care!

LOL, free care.

lmao

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

dxt posted:

https://twitter.com/BoydHuppert/status/1764872537949835731

Local news with a feel good story about a man who had a heart attack while doing construction work at a hospital, lucky guy got to go back to work doing construction only 10 days after having a heart attack!

jfc this is some of the worst prose I've read in an article in a good long while. So much awkward phrasing, meaningless quotes all over, inconsistent spelling for names, and each sentence is its own paragraph. Like reading a feel-good story written by Ashish Jha.

quote:

When you work construction, your jobsite changes regularly.

True, for Don Peabody.

(...)

From a lounge, Andrew grabbed a chair which he parked along a wall in a hospital hallway.

“I was sitting there,” Don says.

Right place.

Right person.

“I was sitting at the charge desk,” Jodi Shewczyk says. “I stood up and walked to the supply room and there they were.”

Jodi has a nurse's intuition, mostly because she is one.

(...)

“She moves pretty fast,” Don says with a laugh.

“I'm a fast walker normally,” Jody confirms. “That's one thing people joke about is I walk very fast."

(...)

Don and Jodi have become fast friends. They exchanged a brief embrace upon meeting in the hospital hallway recently.

Don has taken to calling Jodi his second favorite nurse.

“My daughter's a nurse and I'm very proud of her,” Don says, his voice cracking with emotion.

Janie Peabody, a nurse at the St. Cloud hospital, needs her dad around.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
It started off boring and slow with Not Sure trying to bullshit everyone with a bunch of smart talk: 'Blah blah blah. You gotta believe me! ' That part of the trial sucked! But then the Chief J. just went off. He said, 'Man, whatever! The guy's guilty as poo poo! We all know that.' And he sentenced his rear end to one night of rehabilitation.

better prose

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Why would anyone care?

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

homersimpsonsayingsofar.jpg

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Why would anyone care?

I saw an ad bulletin the other day that made me pause. It stated how many people died due to drunk driving in my state last year, that it was too many, and then it urges you not to drink and drive.

And all I could think was that fewer than 1 death per day sounds... pretty good actually??? People deciding Covid is no big deal is really loving with my perception of other problems

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

tuyop posted:

I really love that people don't seem to be able to sense the pattern of their lives at all, even having lived through several different situations that produced different patterns.

I think a lot of people just get through life by not thinking about difficult things.

It's mind-boggling to me but I don't know how to explain it otherwise.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

a loathsome bird posted:

Let us know once you find out, I ordered 50 of them from that link also and it still shows as order confirmed/not shipped yet.

still hasn’t arrived, in my case. I ordered 50 a little over a week ago.

DHL status is “delayed.” seems to be moving through their system slowly, but who knows what’ll happen in customs. it did make it into the UK, though.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Platystemon posted:

Why would anyone care?

RAHHHH

A GRILLE

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
They call it Grilling. It’s when you buy a $70,000 truck and run over a 10 year old.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Insanite posted:

still hasn’t arrived, in my case. I ordered 50 a little over a week ago.

DHL status is “delayed.” seems to be moving through their system slowly, but who knows what’ll happen in customs. it did make it into the UK, though.

they just shipped mine yesterday from Austria and are predicting it to arrive by Thursday. I will be incredibly impressed if it shows up. I’m in the Midwest.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shiroc posted:

They call it Grilling. It’s when you buy a $70,000 truck and run over a 10 year old.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

You rule thank you

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1765115469282136171

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Zeynep has, of course, moved on to the latest thing she's an expert in

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Say, maybe the reason why the CDC and the WH dropped their entire Covid protocol is because they have the new PrEP monoclonal?

https://investors.invivyd.com/news-releases/news-release-details/invivyd-submits-request-emergency-use-authorization-eua-us-fda

Livo
Dec 31, 2023

NeonPunk posted:

Say, maybe the reason why the CDC and the WH dropped their entire Covid protocol is because they have the new PrEP monoclonal?

https://investors.invivyd.com/news-releases/news-release-details/invivyd-submits-request-emergency-use-authorization-eua-us-fda

Good thing that even if it turns out to be a effective treatment regime, that also helps prevent Long Covid, it'll still only be available to people 65 & over, judging by the previous Paxlovid/anti-viral gate-keeping! Hurray!

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
nice. study is Kim et al. (2024) Long-Term Autoimmune Inflammatory Rheumatic Outcomes of COVID-19

quote:

Between 2020 and 2021, among the 10 027 506 Korean participants (mean age, 48.4 years [SD, 13.4]; 50.1% men), 394 274 (3.9%) and 98 596 (0.98%) had a history of COVID-19 or influenza, respectively. After propensity score matching, beyond the first 30 days after infection, patients with COVID-19 were at increased risk for incident [Autoimmune Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases] compared with uninfected patients (adjusted hazard ratio, 1.25 [95% CI, 1.18 to 1.31]) and influenza-infected control patients (adjusted hazard ratio, 1.30 [CI, 1.02 to 1.59]). The risk for incident AIRD was higher with more severe acute COVID-19. Similar patterns were observed in the Japanese cohort.
airborne AIRDs

is it just me or does this suggest influenza infection means you're less likely to end up with autoimmune inflammatory rheumatic diseases than the control group?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

CGI Stardust posted:

airborne AIRDs

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

CGI Stardust posted:

nice. study is Kim et al. (2024) Long-Term Autoimmune Inflammatory Rheumatic Outcomes of COVID-19

airborne AIRDs

is it just me or does this suggest influenza infection means you're less likely to end up with autoimmune inflammatory rheumatic diseases than the control group?

looks like risk is below baseline if you were boosted. as per usual, good news for max titers

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time
lmao this gigavaxxed German dude

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Meanwhile here's a update on the variants spreading

https://twitter.com/RajlabN/status/1765248505776664767

Hmm yes, it's all JN.1, otherwise known as Omicron. Nothing to see here folks, no variant soup going on

Griz
May 21, 2001

Soylent Majority posted:

lmao this gigavaxxed German dude

he was in the news for getting 90 vax by 2022 to sell fake vaccination records to idiots, and I guess that doesn't count as fraud because he kept doing it

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/man-germany-gets-90-covid-19-shots-sell-forged-vaccination-cards-rcna22737

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Ugh. Wife got got. I’ve seen ppl recommending test2treat in here recently? is that the current recommendation or are places like HiDrB still going?

Thanks!

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Fireside Nut posted:

Ugh. Wife got got. I’ve seen ppl recommending test2treat in here recently? is that the current recommendation or are places like HiDrB still going?

Thanks!

t2t was painlessly easy at the end of Dec

got a couple sets for the fam

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Fireside Nut posted:

Thanks!

if test2treat doesn't work, you can still try DrB or Sesamecare but seems like T2T is still the free one for some people. It's The Free One.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Thank you both!!

Does T2T seem to work if you have them send the RX to a pharmacy instead of straight to your house? Would like to get her on the Pax ASAP

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Fireside Nut posted:

Thank you both!!

Does T2T seem to work if you have them send the RX to a pharmacy instead of straight to your house? Would like to get her on the Pax ASAP

worked for me, just call the pharmacy first to ensure they actually have it in stock
goonspeed

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Fireside Nut posted:

Thank you both!!

they all still work if you send to pharmacy, the issue is that depending on [a confluence of several stupid factors], sending to your pharmacy may cost you a bunch of money (either this time or the next time within 12 months, or some stupid bullshit). last i checked, sending over mail is free, but yeah it takes some days.

i don't know how much of an issue money is for you, but i think there's a fair chance that it won't be that expensive even if you do get charged, and you can always say no if it's too much =/

a friend of mine in PA used T2T to get it sent to a pharmacy, they asked for his insurance and he was just like "oh no i don't have any" and the pharm apparently wrote some poo poo on some legal looking form and then handed him the pax for free, so, who knows.

bred
Oct 24, 2008
The mail order ones were free in Dec and didn't touch my insurance. The pharmacy ones used my insurance on file at CVS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
so glad we have the tools :stoked: