Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Guavanaut posted:

I get the feeling that this is more 'publicity stunt' than 'good faith debate about sex and relationship education' though.

Its absolutely this. There's no way the marketing/PR agencies involved in this didn't understand how this would come across/be received.

Its the main aim of this campaign. They WANT the controversy so this will go viral, despite the potential harm it may do.

Whether its because they want to start a conversation or just want some time in the media spotlight, who knows. Knowing how these agencies work, they may want the former but will not achieve the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

erm.. so much for Starmer's Good War.

Such a needless own goal, too. He could have just said "We condemn all violence and call for a ceasefire" and that's what everyone would've expected.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i suspect most of the people closest to him are all big LFI dickheads

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i suspect most of the people closest to him are all big LFI dickheads

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

three men whose only action has been sucking their own dick

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Good of the Lib Dems to demonstrate exactly why people should continue to not vote for them.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gort posted:

Such a needless own goal, too. He could have just said "We condemn all violence and call for a ceasefire" and that's what everyone would've expected.
Exactly this. There was zero need for him to stick his dick in a meat grinder when he has no control of the power button, especially when he can't even bring himself to comment on the other major world conflicts. It's probably a mixture of "Jamdad supported peace and went on about East Timor and things people don't care about so I must therefore do the opposite" as with the Black Marxists comment, and factional bullshit related to

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

keep punching joe posted:

Man mephedrone was great, what a time to be alive.

Edit : terrible snype 23 is a sacred number hail eris, all hail dischordia.

Oh I missed your edit.
Sat in a pub once in 1980 after the most boring of LP meetings and all they were jabbering on about was GCs & ECs etc. So I sighed and said to the bloke opposite me "Hail Eris", having looked equally as bored as me, his eyes lit up and he said "All hail Discordia!" so we left the LP behind as we compared notes on The MGT etc.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I too have gone off alone and partaken joyously of a hot dog on a Friday.

It's terrible that that kind of thing got coopted by QAnon and fash but I guess that's what can happen when you try to do "John Birch Society but lol"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

That lib dem lust for brown death, hot drat.

The tories hate him because he's starmer, labour hates him because he's a genocide fan, the lib dems recognize his inability to take a firm stance and see it as statesmanlike.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Left: What a useless oval office :mad:
The Right: What a useless oval office :jerkbag:
Lib Dems: What a useless oval office :swoon:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

The Mail presenting a bit of a non sequitur

surely that's reportable as animal cruelty

look at the fuckin size of that fat oval office lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
its gussy is spilling over the saddle

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

e: on second thoughts, nope

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 6, 2024

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jesus making GBS threads gently caress, I just paid six quid for a half litre of olive oil. :psyduck: And that was the cheapest one!

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
sorry to be a killjoy but i don't think it's good to mock people's bodies like this even if they are royal nonces

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

crispix posted:

surely that's reportable as animal cruelty

look at the fuckin size of that fat oval office lol

way to shame the horse

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Jesus making GBS threads gently caress, I just paid six quid for a half litre of olive oil. :psyduck: And that was the cheapest one!

Mediterranean regions alternating between golf ball sized hail and torrential floods to being on fire on a regular basis for most of last summer has probably driven up prices.

Although with the Brexit import checks due to be finally phased in this year £6 might seem like a bargain by Christmas. Better start stocking!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
if only there was a way to mock someone in a "I'm literally a zionist shitload" t-shirt without resorting to fatshaming

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ministers deny plans for May election but face calls to explain summit cancellation

quote:

A minister has been forced to deny plans for a May election as the government faced calls to explain why a top diplomat was kept ‘in the dark’ over the cancellation of a major summit in April.

Rishi Sunak had been due to host political and business leaders from 25 different African countries at the gathering in London.

But it will not now be held at the end of April, a decision taken so abruptly the event’s official envoy was already on his way to visit the continent when he found out, ministers have admitted.

Just :lol:

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Election at the end of April which technically isn't May.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Christ that's high, i wasn't even paying that for a litre back when i was stockpiling in 2020. :wth:

Down to my last 3l, oh well. :shrug:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rishi will allow the Rwandan envoy to turn up regardless, in a desperate bid to prove... something. He will refuse to elaborate.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Election at the end of April which technically isn't May.

No no, they're planning to bring Theresa May back to helm.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

FWIW the olive oil shortage is due to the climate disaster affecting the regions that grow them. It's dear for us, but other places are being denied them so it can come to our richer countries.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
*me pointing at the developing world's olive groves* oil have some o' that

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

FWIW the olive oil shortage is due to the climate disaster affecting the regions that grow them. It's dear for us, but other places are being denied them so it can come to our richer countries.

Well maybe those other place should have thought about us before they

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Just Another Lurker posted:

Christ that's high, i wasn't even paying that for a litre back when i was stockpiling in 2020. :wth:

Down to my last 3l, oh well. :shrug:

I did that with sunflower oil whenever the invasion of Ukraine began. There's still about 5l in the cupboard below the stairs.

lol just checked and the stuff we usually buy is £10/500ml and Tesco own brand is £5.75. Guess I'm buying that Fry-Light spray stuff the next time I run out.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Save money and collect your own body grease

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Microplastics posted:

*me pointing at the developing world's olive groves* oil have some o' that
All in good time for some more wars for oil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X67helU71pk

I have some of the good soaps and all claims of divinity aside, olive oil and alkali is still a good way to make a bar of soap, they've been doing it for long enough

Probably going to get drone struck by Luke Akehurst now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh I remember buying some of that. Haven't even used it I just look at it and think about the centuries of history of making it.

Two hours, etc etc, then I lift

a beer to my mouth

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

fuctifino posted:

Save money and collect your own body grease

I was thinking lard, suppose it's all the same at the end of the day. :shrug:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lard is great for cooking with. As is beef fat.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Nice

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

A great comments section

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Much like calling a copper 'white', you can't just spray 'british' on a woman's statue. Very racist.

Tesseraction posted:

Oh I remember buying some of that. Haven't even used it I just look at it and think about the centuries of history of making it.
Got it from the same place that I got my coffee that lists its country of origin as 'North Yemen' so guess I'm just supporting terrierists now.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Could be Buggery.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I recall she claimed to not know how that worked. It's fine as long as everyone gives enthusiastic consent though, which makes it better than Thatcherism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Tesseraction posted:

Rishi will allow the Rwandan envoy to turn up regardless, in a desperate bid to prove... something. He will refuse to elaborate.

OwlFancier posted:

Could be Buggery.