Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Giant pickup truck and anime (?) bumper sticker are cherries on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/nationalpost/status/1765461626734497802

I think that the conservative columnists all think that anything they like must by default be hated by the libs. I don't recall any woke libs covering up naked government statues.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Bad news: boobs have gone woke.

Also, the NP is barely a step above tabloids ala Sun News so it wouldn't be surprising for them to start putting tit pics on page 3 or whatever.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/nationalpost/status/1765461626734497802

I think that the conservative columnists all think that anything they like must by default be hated by the libs. I don't recall any woke libs covering up naked government statues.

https://twitter.com/davidgross_man/status/1765467586831974862

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1765461345808580786

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Honestly I believe these people have no idea why they are voting the way they are in a way they can articulate so they sound absolutely incoherent when asked to come up with one extemporaneously by a journalist.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

zoux posted:

Honestly I believe these people have no idea why they are voting the way they are in a way they can articulate so they sound absolutely incoherent when asked to come up with one extemporaneously by a journalist.

Sometimes your team really sucks, and you can admit it. But, you'll never ever be able to support their rival team. Even if your team decided to sign kid diddling Lucifer and the other team is lead by a divinely empowered puppy Air Bud.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Gyges posted:

Sometimes your team really sucks, and you can admit it. But, you'll never ever be able to support their rival team. Even if your team decided to sign kid diddling Lucifer and the other team is lead by a divinely empowered puppy Air Bud.

650 thousand voted for that pedophile in Alabama for Senate a few years back

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

zoux posted:

I think a lot of them know that they shouldn’t tell people the reason they like Trump (don’t want to publicly admit they hate brown people and non-Christians and the young people with all their gender weirdness) but they haven’t figured out an excuse to cover, so they babble about stuff and don’t care about contradictions or logic because at least no one is accusing them of racism.

I think the rest just refuse to think about those reasons because they don’t want sudden realizations they’d have to grapple with.

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

My own take is that very few people can give a reason why they vote. Which is normal because what do you base your own vote on?

Campaign promises? Lol
Electoral programs? Lmao

It's all vibes. The entire point of horseracing electoral narratives is to confuse ans ofuscate, so that only vibes are left.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
If by "vibes" you mean "racism" then yeah I agree.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
why does being horny come out so weird with these people?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

why does being horny come out so weird with these people?

Because they’re weird people.

https://x.com/giganticqueer/status/1765729735512834062?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
When did boobs go away? Someone forgot to send me the memo.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

My guess, Me Too made it illegal to be horny, sorry but if people aren’t allowed use their position of power and authority to objectify and harass and abuse women it means all thoughts of sex are banned, there is no middle ground or alternative solution

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tits didn't walk away from the Republican party, the Republican party walked away from tits!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There are also various movements and trends expanding the definition of beauty, and who is allowed to visibly participate in culture, beyond "stacked white blonde woman within a narrow BMI range". With the associated inevitable backlashes

Like if you remember the James Madison's crystal flute thing from two years ago, no one who complained about it actually cared that James Madison's crystal flute was sullied, they cared that it was a plus-size black woman doing it

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Yeah, it's just racism. They are disgusted by anyone who doesn't fit their narrow standards of beauty (white blonde blue eyed big tits havers). They think that wokeness means that "white pretty blond ladies" are looked down on because other types of women have been able to find acceptance and become desirable in the eyes of society. It also has plenty to do with how demure and deferent the women appear to be (whether it's true or not, truth doesn't matter to them), because they don't like women to have any agency whatsoever. They're also usually pedos who only want to see young looking women in society and believe women peak at 22 or whatever. The two memes up there are in fact entirely consistent within their worldview for the above reasons.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

And like nobody sane is actually critical of Sydney Sweeney as far as I can tell? Sure she's playing up the sex appeal but more power to her, and I haven't seen anyone complaining about it, certainly not on the political left.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm 99% sure this is alt conservative culture warriors seeing something they like and assuming that the woke libs don't like it because they like the opposite stuff.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

object permanence of an infant. "if i don't see it often enough it doesn't exist"

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

You can tell it's a bunch of old conservative farts because I don't think anyone who's ever seen Tiktok would think "The problem with culture is a lack of young women wearing revealing clothing"

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

They aren't used to seeing people under 65 on television

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aztec Galactus posted:

They aren't used to seeing people under 65 on television

They're going to hate Even Younger Sheldon

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kith posted:

object permanence of an infant. "if i don't see it often enough it doesn't exist"

skill issue

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/rawsalerts/status/1765783315699716208

:staredog:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

When schools and entertainment media turned everyone gay. Well, at least for the boys anyway. Maybe boobs are making a huge comeback now because all the newly indoctrinated gay women are into them now.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

That is what happens when you allow vaccinated Afro-Haitians who enjoy pastries to fly planes.

https://twitter.com/Enki1561/status/1765785167577104852

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

That is what happens when you allow vaccinated Afro-Haitians who enjoy pastries to fly planes.

https://twitter.com/Enki1561/status/1765785167577104852

They hired Nikki Minaj's cousin's friend?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

When Boebert whipped hers out at a family event 6 feet from some 4th graders. Suddenly libs don’t like boobs or something.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1765947077387854217

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIKV8QdWEAA8DD4?format=jpg&name=large

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Boeing's lawyers:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You know how many hours they are going to get to bill off this? They're probably out there loosening lug nuts

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

quote:

March 11 (Reuters) - At least 50 people travelling in a LATAM Airlines flight from Sydney to Chile via Auckland suffered injuries on Monday after a "technical problem" caused a "strong movement", the New Zealand Herald reported, citing the airline.
It landed at Auckland airport as scheduled on Monday afternoon, according to FlightAware. The newspaper quoted a passenger who said she experienced a "quick little drop" during the flight.

Does "turbulence" count as "technical problem"? :thunk:

A bit too early to get a good picture of what happened there, but lmao at every single story involving Boeing getting extra attention right now.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

zoux posted:

You know how many hours they are going to get to bill off this?

I'm now envisioning an army of lawyers singing the opening to Seasons of Love, thank you for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

zoux posted:

You know how many hours they are going to get to bill off this? They're probably out there loosening lug nuts

they're on salary.