Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Big Dan is in Big Trouble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Texas should be de-annexed

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

texASS

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Nastier Nate posted:

look im sure Adam "pencilneck" Schiff sucks, but whatever he gave to the GOP in a state of 50 million people didn't make up the 300,000 votes Porter would have needed to place 2nd.

you don't know that!

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

you ever walk up to a urinal and realize too late the last guy pissed all over the floor?

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lmao

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

a.lo posted:

texASS

:thanks:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
nobody likes big naturals anymore because of woke

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

didn't they interview that woman later on and she said it was in fact not consensual?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

didn't they interview that woman later on and she said it was in fact not consensual?

Look at her hand

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

What did she expect?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

hands will be hands

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

are you telling me that it didnt evolve into a beautiful rom com romance

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Buddykins posted:

are you telling me that it didnt evolve into a beautiful rom com romance

it's actually the original story for al and peggy

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

A_Druish_Princess
Jan 12, 2024

Nicotine , Valium, Vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

lol gdi Shake Shack is basically the only place I'll go get some takeout (like maybe once or twice a year).

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

poo poo shack

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

SirPablo posted:

March 6, 2020
The Grand Princess cruise ship is stranded off the California coast after officials learn that a California man who had traveled on the ship last month contracted COIVID-19 and died. The California Air National Guard drops off a limited supply of testing kits by helicopter; more than 3,500 people are aboard the ship, but only 46 are able to be tested and 21 (mostly crew members) test positive.

Happy Anniversary

simpler times

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Sir Tonk posted:

:yeah::sadpeanut:

AZcentral.com posted:

The woman in the photo, whose married name was Greta Zimmer Friedman, said the kiss wasn’t consensual.

“It wasn't my choice to be kissed,” she said in a 2005 interview for the Library of Congress’ Veterans History Project. “The guy just came over and kissed or grabbed.”

In 2016, after her death at 92, her son, Joshua Friedman, told The New York Times that, while his mother understood the contention that it was an unwanted sexual advance, she did not view it that way.

In the 2005 interview, Zimmer said, "It was just somebody really celebrating. But it wasn't a romantic event. It was just an event of 'thank God the war is over' kind of thing."

"It wasn't that much of a kiss, it was more of a jubilant act that he didn't have to go back," she said. "And the reason he grabbed someone dressed like a nurse was that he just felt very grateful to nurses who took care of the wounded."

Three months earlier, Mendonsa had been at the helm of the USS The Sullivans during the Battle of Okinawa and dragged survivors and the dead from the water. Nurses helped save many lives.

In an interview for the same project, Mendonsa said he’d grabbed Zimmer because he thought she was a war nurse. “It was all done in good clean honest fun,” he said.

Alfred Eisenstaedt took the picture for Life magazine but didn't get the subjects' names. Their identities remained a mystery until decades later.

Zimmer didn’t see the picture until the 1960s. She recognized her hairdo, tapestry purse and perfectly straight stocking seams.

Mendonsa saw it in 1980 when Life reprinted it in hopes of identifying the pair.

The editors invited them to Times Square for an interview. Petry, who married Mendonsa in 1946, joked that her husband had never kissed her like that.

Zimmer, an artist and mother of two, remembered that day as happy, the kiss only a part of it.

"It was a day that everyone celebrated because everyone had somebody in the war, and they were coming home," she said in the 2005 interview. "So it was a wonderful gift finally to end this war. It was a long war, and it cost a lot."
When the Ewok celebrations are under review

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

a.lo posted:

Look at her hand

There's more pictures and this is the most consentual looking one in the whole set

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

a.lo posted:

Look at her hand

AI?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
lol rewatching Sopranos and Junior in the psych hospital is dictating a letter to Cheney about his "accidental gun play".

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1765499099279696078

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

roll tide

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol "divisive concept" is an incredibly broad statement

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Sorry, I forgot about sailor again

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The NCAA's going to be dissolved soon as a result of (i) the athletes getting paid due to litigation and (ii) various states like FL suing the NCAA as being an illegal monopoly and forcing its dissolution to get out of various conference agreements, etc. No worries!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Horseshoe theory posted:

The NCAA's going to be dissolved soon as a result of (i) the athletes getting paid due to litigation and (ii) various states like FL suing the NCAA as being an illegal monopoly and forcing its dissolution to get out of various conference agreements, etc. No worries!

good

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

you got to school to learn not think

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Nonsense posted:

you got to school to learn not think

Nobody listened to Plato :(

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Over the course of its universal existence God had to remake the heavens and the earth numerous times, and this day was no different. Soon the earth would be formless and empty again, only darkness to be found within the shadows where cities once shone, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the black waters, the depths, and the supposed masters of the land, still piteously mortals all. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light: a scant nanosecond of Sol's power reproduced on Earth's surface would unleash enough destructive power to ensure there would be nothing wholly 'human' left, when all the fighting was said and done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thzbbqhaVf0
(embed link)
Dear Co-Inhabitants of Earth: praise the Luciferian lamplight and all, but try spending a little less on combustibles

Lux Anima has issued a correction as of 07:00 on Mar 7, 2024

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Lux Anima posted:

Over the course of its universal existence God had to remake the heavens and the earth numerous times, and this day was no different. Soon the earth would be formless and empty again, only darkness to be found within the shadows where cities once shone, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the black waters, the depths, and the supposed masters of the land, still piteously mortals all. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light: a scant nanosecond of Sol's power reproduced on Earth's surface would unleash enough destructive power to ensure there would be nothing wholly 'human' left, when all the fighting was said and done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thzbbqhaVf0
Dear Co-Inhabitants of Earth: praise the Luciferian lamplight and all, but try spending a little less on combustibles

you’re not allowed to use art from akira as album art

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

um, sure, I’ll get right on that

invlwhen
Jul 28, 2012

please do your best
https://twitter.com/Arr/status/1765235730836783245

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Is there some kind of breeding program to keep busty blondes from going extinct? :(

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

William Bear posted:

Is there some kind of breeding program to keep busty blondes from going extinct? :(

the kwisatz giantrack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Fuckt Tupp posted:

the kwisatz giantrack