Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

BitBasher posted:

One thing I will say is that the game is crashy as hell tonight on PS5. Ive just crashed out of 3 games in 15-20 minutes each.

Oh so it wasn't just me. Well that sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Laser Cannon is now decent against bugs(it'll actually do respectably against Chargers if you shoot them in the butt) but where it really shines is against the bots, it just wrecks Berserkers and Devastators

Yeah, I had similar experiences with it yesterday. Even if you're not super accurate you can just sort of wriggle it around the head/face area and it'll quickly add up to enough damage to take them down comfortably.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Yeah it's been real crash happy since the patch, the game is still a lot of fun but I want it to be stable

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Molrok posted:

That's showing up in the current operations popup now, mech where Arrowhead games

"I have returned"

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I just got a 75mb update on Steam, no changelog.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Eediot Jedi posted:

Anyone else seeing a trend in arc/flamer mains going to 1v1 every charger they see?

If I'm taking a flamer there's a good chance I'm taking it specifically to bullfight every charger on the map, so that sounds about right.

Edit: Note that I am not a flamer main, I'm a machine gun/EATs main, so this isn't an every match sort of thing. I pick the flamer when that's specifically what I'm in the mood for doing.

WarpedLichen posted:

Why do I get kicked after doing 2/3 missions of a difficulty 8 op all the time? Is it just cause the missions are long and people are taking a break after two?

I don't think I'm team killing or anything and we always succeed the first two missions?

For what it's worth, two games is about my max session length, so unless the third is really quick like extermination that's exactly what I do, and I suspect its fairly common. And I do usually kick people instead of just quitting because I want them to be able to go on and play with others while I spend my last 15 minutes shopping or whatever before logging off. I'm probably more considerate than average in that I usually say something in chat before doing so, but I wouldn't assume any specific malice there.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 7, 2024

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Turin Turambar posted:

How many Spears you need to take down a Titan?

One if you have good positioning, you want to be ahead of the titan so it hits them in the face. Same goes for chargers but in all likelihood you're gonna break their side armor for bleed out.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntp6SJ58Lsk

Someone tests the armor rating. However he doesn't test against higher level enemies. If the video of HD1 someone posted here in the previous page is right, player armor subtract some damage when hit per hit, that means the heavier armor makes a good difference against small, weak enemies, less difference against more dangerous enemies and almost no different against the most lethal attacks.

Apart from that, it's important to know that the armor only protects the body, not the head, so you can be 'headshot' and get killed easily, even by small bugs. So the fact that helmets have their own rating (all at 100 right now) isn't false, it's really 100 rating and there are no other options.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GlyphGryph posted:

If I'm taking a flamer there's a good chance I'm taking it specifically to bullfight every charger on the map, so that sounds about right.

I took the flamethrower + jet pack for a spin last night to dance with Chargers and it loving ruled.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Need that mech

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I'm giving heavy armour a go. Only played against bugs so far. It's pretty funny now when i get knocked by a charger and go flying and still survive, but more often I'm finding myself surrounded and unable to stim from the incoming hiys. Annoyingly damage feels inconsistent - sometimes a full charger hit doesn't kill me, but also i was jogging around a stationary charger when it turned, not an attack, and i died outright.

I'm dying a lot in these level sevens between my new slowness and because I'm mucking around with different stratagems (i trend to dying a lot anyway). I've never used Eagles before and i want to use the strafing run, but i forget how often it's available compared to my usual orbital strikes so the short cooldown goes to waste!

I've got some hope for the future considering how this breaker and railgun nerf (nd the other guns being buffed) has been pretty tame, and it's happened within a month. They're not drastic changes. I'm hoping they've actually got a monthly process for this kind of thing going

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Turin Turambar posted:

How many Spears you need to take down a Titan?

1-2. If you're in the front it will blow the head right off and insta-kill it. Had one pop up about 20 meters from me and got lucky enough with the lock on that I managed to kill it before it finished standing up and winding up a bile attack.

The lock on really does need some work for how finicky it is, but it's honestly really nice to have a player with a "delete high threat target" weapon.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah the idea of people bitching about the nerfs to their weapons when we are like a few days away from loving vehicles being added is so insane.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Mulva posted:

Yeah the idea of people bitching about the nerfs to their weapons when we are like a few days away from loving vehicles being added is so insane.
Whilst that's true I don't want the game to be balanced around the expectation that everyone will bring at least one mech. That's just creating another meta.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Ah wish there was something ingame that said the medal cap was 250, wasted a handful from operations and missions.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Turin Turambar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntp6SJ58Lsk

Someone tests the armor rating. However he doesn't test against higher level enemies. If the video of HD1 someone posted here in the previous page is right, player armor subtract some damage when hit per hit, that means the heavier armor makes a good difference against small, weak enemies, less difference against more dangerous enemies and almost no different against the most lethal attacks.

Apart from that, it's important to know that the armor only protects the body, not the head, so you can be 'headshot' and get killed easily, even by small bugs. So the fact that helmets have their own rating (all at 100 right now) isn't false, it's really 100 rating and there are no other options.

Wish he'd tested a medium armor, maybe compared it to pre-patch, because it certainly feels a lot worse now. Maybe I just get headshot by the bugs a lot on difficulty 6, I dunno. Before I could sometimes dive out of a sticky situation and retreat, and it felt badass to come back from that, but now I'm more inclined to just prime a grenade when I get swarmed, because I'll be dead in two seconds anyway.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

actually where are you supposed to shoot bile titans with the autocannon after the green sacs are destroyed, everywhere I try bounces including where the sacs used to be

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Durzel posted:

Whilst that's true I don't want the game to be balanced around the expectation that everyone will bring at least one mech. That's just creating another meta.

The higher difficulties will almost certainly be balanced around someone bringing the really heavy ordinance. Why is that actually an issue? The lower difficulties will definitely be balanced around different assumptions for those who don't want to do that, the goal seems to be team diversity and bringing the right tools for the job at higher levels, and having one person with a mech or tank or something makes sense in that environment.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

GlyphGryph posted:

The higher difficulties will almost certainly be balanced around someone bringing the really heavy ordinance. Why is that actually an issue?

The difference is between "someone bringing heavy ordnance in general" and "someone bringing a mech, specifically and exclusively, as the only option to succeed". The latter is what they're talking about.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

From what I understand, they are planning on introducing a variety of heavier tools, not just a single mech?

The design goal seems like it will be bringing something from that class, which seems completely reasonable.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

New order is to liberate Tien Kwan, in a new sector toward Super Earth. Automatons have attacked and are seeking to steal the exosuit tech. If we don't liberate it it says our Exosuits will be "severely delayed".

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Previous game had multiple mechs, a tank, some other bullshit. Can't wait to see what wacky stuff after a year of updates

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

What is the best way to play with goons? I need to do more 7s and 8s for super samples, I'm like level 34 and I've only ever done like 4-5 suicide missions. I'm in the Helldivers 2 goon group on Steam but I don't ever see anyone's games on the list.

Also, did anyone get the 45 medals for the last Major Order? I just logged in and there's a new one to liberate a planet from the bots, but I never got the reward for the previous order about fighting bugs.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I will laugh if the reason the rapid deployment system upgrade is nonfunctional is because they just didn't create an emplacement tag, if you look at all the things described in the stratagem menu their only listed trait is hellpod

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/helldivers2/status/1765737775570026861?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

GlyphGryph posted:

The higher difficulties will almost certainly be balanced around someone bringing the really heavy ordinance. Why is that actually an issue?

If that's not a problem then what was the problem with higher difficulties being balanced around someone bringing a railgun?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want it now

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ps--hQiSXA

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

Come on, the SEAF should be rolling those out straight into the fight like T-34s in Stalingrad. :colbert:

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Aw hell yeah. Time to start saving super credits.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

cant wait to rock the blitzer with the arc thrower for maximum bug zap

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

cant wait to rock the blitzer with the arc thrower for maximum bug player zap

edit: also, you can now have the tau fire warrior looking helm and rp one of those with your railgun.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Bug helldives are like playing a Usain Bolt simulator with guns now. Endless kiting waiting for strategems on cooldown or circling rocks to get back to your AT weapons you dropped which you can’t call down again because complex strategems +100%

Why are basic bugs two hitting you without a shield now? How am I supposed to rack up melee kill high scores if the cockroach enemies are so lethal.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

hey mom its 420 posted:

You often get swarmed on the objectives, and if not that, then definitely when you're waiting 4 minutes at the extraction point. that, and the missions with the small maps.

What boggles my mind is when people stick it out after the objective is done or deathmatching around a random POI. I can understand people pushing harder rather than running away and coming back for incomplete objectives, but you're on a timer at the very least why are you not beating feet to the next objective/POI you haven't explored and are instead planting your feet in a fight that has long since turned into a goat rodeo?

I say this after making this same mistake with goons last night and getting bogged down in a deathmatch over a pointless POI on a bot mission last night, which I consider one of my less stellar moments.

I'm doing my part!

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Working in an underpaid field with no unions, constant layoffs, cheap inexperienced replacements, eternal crunch, and terrible corporate oversight only to release a product that gets you abuse and threats on message boards

Game devs are the true helldivers

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

does the shield prevent you from getting headshot? I didn’t bother with it before they nerfed it but I might start now if headshots are a new thing lmao

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hyped for arc shotgun. One day, I shall become a tesla trooper or firebat.... or both?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Owl Inspector posted:

does the shield prevent you from getting headshot? I didn’t bother with it before they nerfed it but I might start now if headshots are a new thing lmao

Headshots were always a thing

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Durzel posted:

In Hd1 a big part of high difficulty missions was timing your mech drops for when poo poo hit the fan or extraction since you could not really run away from swarms. The rest of the vehicles were mostly gimmicky fun, high difficulty had a meta because the hardest stuff naturally motivated people to find the most effective and reliable loadouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1765739308617519268?s=20

New Warbond next Thursday, my beloved Sickle is coming back.