Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So...when it comes to the factions, do I level up the Circle of Fortune to max, so I can fill my coffers with Uniques and then switch over to leveling up Merchant's Guild so I can sell all of that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
No, because most of the extra loot you get from Circle of Fortune buffs will be tagged as untradeable, or with a CoF faction level requirement, or both

it really is just "pick how you most enjoy gearing up"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dallan Invictus posted:

No, because most of the extra loot you get from Circle of Fortune buffs will be tagged as untradeable, or with a CoF faction level requirement, or both

it really is just "pick how you most enjoy gearing up"

Oooh...I didn't realize that you can't trade that gear.
Oh well, no reason for me to ever touch Merchant's Guild then.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Clarste posted:

If they didn't want people selling stuff, why can you sell stuff at all? Like, couldn't they just not program that in in the first place?

imo they should've just gone full PoE with this if they didn't actually intend for selling items to be a gameplay loop

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yeah it's funny I'm a huge Poe fan and love trading but in this I went CoF immediately and don't intend to ever swap. Not sure why but yeah, just the vibe I guess

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Going from leveling to empowered mono offline to online feels real annoying.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yeah I wanna try a necro out and will probably play offline, the difference in responsiveness is fuckin crazy, game feels so so much better offline

Edit: what's a good way to level a necro

queeb fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 7, 2024

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i did a fire necro. fire bone golem for tank, fire skeleton mages delete everything as soon as it's in range until like level 70 with next to zero investment

also look for 2 "ashen" adorned immortal idols with at least 100% chance to summon flame wraith between them and then get the "wraiths can't move" on summon wraith tree. fire turret wraiths will gently caress poo poo up until you get to empowered monos

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Hauki posted:

import your build/gear into LE tools and post it

e: VVV and yeah, what Tonetta said. My fissure warlock is at like 3k hp & 4k ward roughly, eventually I'll probably swap to low life.

Just figured out how to import my build, that was surprisingly easy!
https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/Qqw3EjMo

I just went through a bunch of stuff to try to get all my resists capped, so I'll have to upgrade a bunch more to jam more health in there. The main problem is that I feel like only a few base items are even worth looking at, AND they have to drop with a high tier resist AND can't have 2 useless prefixes, so it feels like I almost never get upgrades, and when I do, they barely feel like upgrades

I'm trying to transition to a wand + off hand, but the wand I'm looking for is a Warrior's Crystal Wand. I'm also trying to get a Coven Robes for a torso. Eventually I need to get rings with dex, or opal rings with +2 all attributes so I can switch to specializing Harvest.

I think my gloves, neck and boots are more or less where I want them, though I probably have to get new boots with Hybrid Health since I just learned it can only be on gloves, belt and boots, and I've heard this belt is pretty good for my build so I won't be upgrading it for a while.

I do have some questions about afflictions. The guide says I want "chance to apply Damned on hit" since it'll get converted to Bleed, so wouldn't it just be better to have bleed in that slot? And are my spells still necrotic spells, even if I have a node that changes them to physical, since it doesn't actually change the tag when I mouse over the skill? Nevermind, fissure is still necrotic, the node changed fire to physical, chaos bolts goes from necrotic to physical and fire to cold and the tag does change to reflect that.

A Moose fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 7, 2024

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
How do I unlock more blessings? I finished my first monolith and it looks like I have 3 available, but quite a few are still not found. How do I find those others to have the complete pool to choose from?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Philthy posted:

How do I unlock more blessings? I finished my first monolith and it looks like I have 3 available, but quite a few are still not found. How do I find those others to have the complete pool to choose from?

Complete the monolith again. Each time you get 3 blessings out of the 8 or whatever in the pool for that slot to choose from.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
also you get 4 choices in empowered and 5 choices in 200+ corruption instead of 3, so don't feel like you have to grind out the blessings if you don't have a perfect set cause it'll be easier to get them later

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

The ones from empowered monoliths are also much stronger, like 50-100% better, so there's that.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
AH okay! So I'll probably work towards empowered then. Makes sense.

I love the loot filter in this game tho, you can specifically set it to target your current gear for what would be an upgrade. I see maybe 1-2 drops per map now and immediately break them down or swap into a slot. Stash tabs? Don't need no stinkin' stash tabs!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Philthy posted:

AH okay! So I'll probably work towards empowered then. Makes sense.

I love the loot filter in this game tho, you can specifically set it to target your current gear for what would be an upgrade. I see maybe 1-2 drops per map now and immediately break them down or swap into a slot. Stash tabs? Don't need no stinkin' stash tabs!

If you want to rush empowered monoliths, just go up the right side and ignore the left. You don't have to complete all of them and the blessings on the left are all like 'x% increased drop rate for item' while the right side has stuff like +experience, resists, damage, etc. To get to empowered you need to do the 3 level 90 mono's, but not the 2 or 3 monos on the left side, you can just ignore them.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 7, 2024

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

if you can get somebody to take you to the last three monos, you can do those and get to empowered without running any of the others.

oh, and the mono will say locked. just have your buddy run one with you. and finish it. now it's unlocked.

Lpzie fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 7, 2024

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Does the 5 mean I need 5 kills to complete it once?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Correct

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

A Moose posted:

As long as your resists are over 50% you are okay going into empowered. Having a good amount of effective life, whether from straight hp or ward, is a bigger deal (endurance is also huge if you are playing a health build.) You absolutely should use items with useless prefixes as along as they have good defenses and good implicits. You only want resists on ring and relic affixes in the long run, every other slot should have health or armor or damage/utility suffixes.

I can't tell if you're trying to play the maxroll bleed build or not. That build is not beginner friendly and has a lot of moving parts, so it won't be easy to play as your first build. If you are using that build you need to follow the instructions and run the passives from the life planner until you start running low life.

Take the point out of the dodge -> armor converson node in Ghostflame (it's bugged, doesn't work) and 2 two points from the dodge node to max out the reduced damage taken while channeling node. The max roll skill panels have a slider on the bottom that shows you what order you should allocate points, btw.

Going for a crystal wand and a focus or shield with resists will be a large defensive boost even if the wand has no rolls you want.

Get boots with Hybrid Health. You need a Peak of the Mountain eventually, in the short term you can wear Boneclamor Barbute if you have one for some cheap ward or a class helm with % hp, flat hp, or armor. You can replace the belt with a spidersilk/praetorian with health rolls until you get defenses sorted.

Get rid of both rings. You want flat hp and resists(ideally cold or phys or poison), and you'll need one ring with t5 crit avoid once you get your empowered blessing. Gold Ring for resists will be good short term, Opal Rings better long term.

That relic base is trash, get the poison resist one (or fire resist if you use a different boot base) and get resists (cold or poison or phys) and flat health before worrying about prefixes. For amulet you want flat health and resists maxed before caring about prefixes, elemental resist will be the smoothest fit cause you want to replace it with an omnis eventually.

Gloves are on a bad base and you don't want phys res, but they can work until you get frostbite shackles.

Drop damage idols for resist/hp idols if you aren't capped on everything.

Your #1 goal is to get your empowered crit avoid blessing so you can free your chest slot. Once you replace that you will get a big boost and then you can get Last Steps of the Living and Exsanguinous for low life. Also getting some dex so you can run harvest is a good idea.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

A Moose posted:

I just went through a bunch of stuff to try to get all my resists capped, so I'll have to upgrade a bunch more to jam more health in there. The main problem is that I feel like only a few base items are even worth looking at, AND they have to drop with a high tier resist AND can't have 2 useless prefixes, so it feels like I almost never get upgrades, and when I do, they barely feel like upgrades

I'm trying to transition to a wand + off hand, but the wand I'm looking for is a Warrior's Crystal Wand. I'm also trying to get a Coven Robes for a torso. Eventually I need to get rings with dex, or opal rings with +2 all attributes so I can switch to specializing Harvest.

I think my gloves, neck and boots are more or less where I want them, though I probably have to get new boots with Hybrid Health since I just learned it can only be on gloves, belt and boots, and I've heard this belt is pretty good for my build so I won't be upgrading it for a while.

I do have some questions about afflictions. The guide says I want "chance to apply Damned on hit" since it'll get converted to Bleed, so wouldn't it just be better to have bleed in that slot? And are my spells still necrotic spells, even if I have a node that changes them to physical, since it doesn't actually change the tag when I mouse over the skill? Nevermind, fissure is still necrotic, the node changed fire to physical, chaos bolts goes from necrotic to physical and fire to cold and the tag does change to reflect that.

I can't look at your stuff since I'm at work, but this reddit post covers my thoughts on resist vs hp/ward pretty well. The only resists I have capped are necrotic and cold. The rest of them are super low. I've had minimal issues with this through empowered monos up to the 130 or so corruption level. Focus on hp first, that will keep you alive more than resists early on. Crit avoidance is huge though and I also don't have that anywhere near capped out to my knowledge but still do just fine.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I don't know what it is but the loot drops, despite having less "wasteful" afixes than D4 or even POE kinda rub the the wrong way sometimes since I'm having absolute poo poo luck getting what I need on a bow on an item that has like one good exalted affix to build on + an open slot for added minion damage.

Maybe its because I went CoF and buying a starter set of gear was always an option, but its feeling more frustrating getting 3 good affixes on a piece of gear in LE than it does to get 4 in POE. Though maybe I'm just not biting the bullet and should be blowing shards on mediocre drops hoping to get T5 before it runs out of crafting juice.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i found a 2lp exsanguinous so now im leveling up a warlock to abuse this poo poo. first character was a squirrel beastmaster that i got to 93 but im kind of sick of minions and not having much sustain outside of potions. feel like im running around at half hp most of the time.

why are potions so poo poo in this game btw? they barely heal anything but are very limited.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Deki posted:

I don't know what it is but the loot drops, despite having less "wasteful" afixes than D4 or even POE kinda rub the the wrong way sometimes since I'm having absolute poo poo luck getting what I need on a bow on an item that has like one good exalted affix to build on + an open slot for added minion damage.

Maybe its because I went CoF and buying a starter set of gear was always an option, but its feeling more frustrating getting 3 good affixes on a piece of gear in LE than it does to get 4 in POE. Though maybe I'm just not biting the bullet and should be blowing shards on mediocre drops hoping to get T5 before it runs out of crafting juice.

Always be Crafting. This game is easy to craft and improve stuff as you level. You may not get a perfect or even a usable item every time, but unless it's a super rare affix you should be getting truckloads of shards, and if you need a specific affix to craft with, make a loot filter rule to highlight that affix and shatter those items to build a nest-egg of the shards you'll need.

Edit: Also if you have a loot filter to show any item with a specific affix you want to shatter, and you get blue items with only one affix, you can use a rune of removal instead of shattering and you'll get 100% of the shards for the affix it removes. This does use forging potential and eat any glyph of hope if you don't clear that slot though, so just be aware of that.

I have accumulated a bunch of runes of removal, so if I get an item with a couple of really good high tier affixes but it's something I can't use, I'll burn the runes of removal to recover all the shards instead of gambling with the shatter.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 7, 2024

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

You get so much basic crafting materials that you can just blow some of them on any half-decent crafting base and if you get unlucky, then whatever.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

A Moose posted:

Hybrid health is great, you should aim to have it on every slot you can.

On mobile, so at a glance I'm just going to echo what gnoma said. Life (or ward) is more important than capping your resists. I'm running the barbute version so I have like 600 necrotic resist, but the majority of mine are around 50% otherwise. On that note, I might recommend checking out the torment necrotic fissure version instead, I think it's easier to get going initially and you trade some single target damage for clear speed. It's also a little easier on your mana than chaos bolts. Many of your idols aren't doing much for your build, I would look for more %health or flat health with resists or armor to shore up gaps in your other gear. I don't think the +curse damage is doing much for this version, but it would for the torment (as would the added curse damage passives). The vit/res 2x1 is the only one of your 1x2 or 2x1s I would consider keeping offhand.

Deki posted:

If you're not doing this already, you can also roll off less ideal affixes with glyphs of chaos or despair, or slam a removal & pray. Prophecies are probably the most reliable way of getting a bunch of despairs, but those are significantly more rare than chaos so I would be more sparing in how I use them. Also, as others mentioned, the basic shards are so plentiful you can absolutely blow them on mediocre drops if there's a chance at replacing one of your current slots.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Have they fixed the servers to the point where area transitions are instant?

I rage quit on day 2 because during a boss fight, I clicked too close to an exit door and it unsummoned my minions but didn't transition the character making my minion necro fight without minions.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Lysandus posted:

I rage quit on day 2 because during a boss fight, I clicked too close to an exit door and it unsummoned my minions but didn't transition the character making my minion necro fight without minions.

Basically yeah. Chat was saying today that all(/most?) of the dungeons were unreliable or broken but just doing monos today and yesterday was totally fine.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Lysandus posted:

No, there is a few second delay compared to offline.

No Safe Word posted:

Basically yeah. Chat was saying today that all(/most?) of the dungeons were unreliable or broken but just doing monos today and yesterday was totally fine.

My understanding is that monoliths have always been fine, or better than campaign anyway.

Coming from fully offline the transition delay is very noticeable, as in “did I click this or not not?”

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 7, 2024

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Lysandus posted:

No but they aren't that bad. I just started my first online character last night and most transitions took between 1-3 seconds to actually go off, with the odd outlier of 5ish seconds a couple of times.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Digital Jedi posted:

Does the 5 mean I need 5 kills to complete it once?

First mono boss, the abomination, is, in fact, 5 boss kills because corner towers count as bosses

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Each of the statues in the Sanctuary of Eterra node, the one that lets you reset corruption, counts as a boss. Doesn't require any stability and you can simply leave without using the machine to actually lower corruption.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
The three mobs before the Rahyeh fight count too I believe, they're probably the fastest ones to get to once you have the stability to fight him. Just portal out and reset after.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Exile makes count and so do the named monolith mobs. Just play normally and it should be done in no time

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
I'm in a diablo-ish ARPG mood so I was gonna pick this up. Just wanted a little sanity check since despite its 1.0 release it sounds like some things are still a bit under development, but it sounds like that is just with endgame content and servers, so as someone who likely just wants to play a nice campaign, likes experimenting with alts, and is planning on playing it offline, do I have anything to be worried about?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The campaign isn't finished. But yeah, the other things are fine.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Raxx put up a video recently with a lot of good info on crafting experimental affix items:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L8sapH_tuY

There is also apparently a tool that will tell you which specific experimental affix you will put on a given item with a Glyph of Insight: https://lastepoch.tunklab.com/insight

I didn't know the criteria/formula to predict that was known so that's a very useful tool if you are playing a build that really needs a specific affix to let pets port with you, ward gain based on missing life, etc.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Patch 1.0.2.1

quote:

BUG FIXES
Fixed a bug that was causing players that die during a Dungeon run to transition and immediately disconnect from the game.
Fixed a bug where clicking on the transition object after Fire Lich Cremorus in Soulfire Bastion Dungeon was not correctly triggering the teleport to the Soul Gambler area.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

lagidnam posted:

Patch 1.0.2.1

I always seem to have to restart Steam to pickup the patches people post in here, unless I'm like a day behind. How long does the Steam client normally take to grab patches without manual intervention?

Edit: Just hopped in to check, and they did not reduce the stash tab cost in this patch.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 7, 2024

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

By default Steam's patch process is kind of loosey-goosey as it tries to schedule them based on some weird calculation of network traffic, computer activity, and how recently you played the game. You can right-click on the game and set it to High-Priority Updates in the properties and in my experience that will grab updates immediately rather than "as soon as possible".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

FutureCop posted:

I'm in a diablo-ish ARPG mood so I was gonna pick this up. Just wanted a little sanity check since despite its 1.0 release it sounds like some things are still a bit under development, but it sounds like that is just with endgame content and servers, so as someone who likely just wants to play a nice campaign, likes experimenting with alts, and is planning on playing it offline, do I have anything to be worried about?

Campaign isn't finished yet, but it's easily the 2nd best ARPG out there. It's a really good game and if you're into experimenting with alts it's especially good - the different masteries and the playstyles they enable are probably the strongest part of the game.