Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which ketchup is best
Spanktchup
Squeezetchup
Goku-tchup?
View Results

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm not sure if it exists, but i choose a theoretical japanese ketchup that they made even sweeter than the original western version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
They make a sauce called fry sauce, it’s right there in the name

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Chili sauce is the best catsup for all occasions and I will fight the world about it if need be.
Only comes in glass bottles, tho.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Kecap manis represent

Cryomancer
Jan 22, 2005

Indeed.
No real preference, as long as it has that Real Tomato Flavor!

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Cryomancer posted:

No real preference, as long as it has that Real Tomato Flavor!

I prefer mine to taste good instead

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i'm not sure if it exists, but i choose a theoretical japanese ketchup that they made even sweeter than the original western version

they have something way better than that

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Smugworth posted:

What do we think about mushroom catsup?

Honestly, considering that what makes ketchup delicious is the glutamates in tomatoes, it's just glutamates + sugars - replacing the tomato with another glutamate-rich food item makes total sense.

Yeah this one will taste totally different, but the basic idea is the same - cover my food in salts and sugars. Salty-sweet to give me a hit of dopamine.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 6, 2024

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

500excf type r posted:

Mayonnaise is the best condiment for fries

i hope they make mayo dust like they make the ketchup dust.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

500excf type r posted:

Mayonnaise is the best condiment for fries

:stonk:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

flubber nuts posted:

i started googling around to see if there was really something like this and found Japanese Shrimp + Mayo Doritos instead

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Experience perfectly creamy mayonnaise with this Instant Mayonnaise Mix (100g). Our mix is easy to use and comes with a Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer, giving you twice the value for your purchase. Enjoy the smooth consistency and delightful flavor of our mayonnaise with your next meal.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Ideally the fries are condiments for the mayo but that's expert level

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

flubber nuts posted:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Thinking about Belgian pommes frites with the mayo/ketchup mix

Why you gotta do that to me ketchup thread

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
This thread has strayed from the OP, which was all about ketchup containers rather than ketchup. Very disappointing.

Maybe someone should create a sister thread called “Which bottle is best?” to discuss ketchups and other sauces.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Dial A For Awesome posted:

This thread has strayed from the OP, which was all about ketchup containers rather than ketchup. Very disappointing.

Maybe someone should create a sister thread called “Which bottle is best?” to discuss ketchups and other sauces.

I know it was a tragedy ever since page 1. However it was declared a megathread on page 2 by forum moderator Smugworth.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yeah lol reading it immediately not be what OP asked makes it funnier tho. the title being what it is - people are gonna respond to the headline over what the actual body of the message is.

I feel like, as a society, we should be more honest about how often people actually read through things. It's...less than one might think. A lot of modern communication is just people skimming and responding to each other based on their quick impressions. It's kinda fascinating to watch.

gently caress you ever worked retail and had a sign in front of the register stating a policy? And then someone comes up asking that exact thing? The answer can be directly in front of people but they've trained themselves to filter it out amongst the barrage of information they get nowadays and will totally miss it.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 7, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Yeah lol reading it immediately not be what OP asked makes it funnier tho. the title being what it is - people are gonna respond to the headline over what the actual body of the message is.

I feel like, as a society, we should be more honest about how often people actually read through things. It's...less than one might think. A lot of modern communication is just people skimming and responding to each other based on their quick impressions. It's kinda fascinating to watch.

gently caress you ever worked retail and had a sign in front of the register stating a policy? And then someone comes up asking that exact thing? The answer can be directly in front of people but they've trained themselves to filter it out amongst the barrage of information they get nowadays and will totally miss it.

Catsup thread philosophically transcending beyond the scope of form. :thunkher:

You are right though.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
As I tell my staff, the sign is for us to point to, not for people to read.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Green salsa mixed in with a bit of mayo and pepper

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
There was this ketchup I had at a place in New Orleans that was crazy good. Came in a plastic bottle with a black label. It wasn't like it was fancy house made stuff either- pretty sure it was a Sysco thing- but it was really good. Anyhow, that's all the culture I absorbed from that city the last time I was there. I think maybe there was some music too, idk.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

redshirt posted:

Green salsa mixed in with a bit of mayo and pepper

What do you normally put this on? It sounds good.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

What do you normally put this on? It sounds good.

Dip in fries or other form of potatoes. Could be a good burger or chicken sandwich topping.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

StrangersInTheNight posted:

As a lawyer for Big Thread, it is very important that all posts fit within the framework invited by the OP. If words no longer have precise meaning then we live in a state of thread anarchy and I am unemployed .

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Container-wise, I dislike the bottles at restaurants that are colored red, so you can't tell how much is inside until you try to use it. I'm sure it's an aesthetic thing so everything on every table looks the same, but just give me a clear bottle so I can tell. I'm sure it's also a pain for the servers in that they can't just tell which bottles need to be filled and which are good to go.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

This is very good stuff on a bratwurst.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

“Hey, what’s that you’re putting on your fries?? Looks good!”

*in a Pinky (of Pinky & The Brain) voice*

:byodood:SCHARF!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

You Are A Werewolf posted:

“Hey, what’s that you’re putting on your fries?? Looks good!”

*in a Pinky (of Pinky & The Brain) voice*

:byodood:SCHARF!

The amount of times I've said "narf" is a lot greater than zero so this resonates with me.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Grey Cat posted:

The amount of times I've said "narf" is a lot greater than zero so this resonates with me.

:same: and :same:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

frumpykvetchbot posted:

always a pleasure to cook and share culinary experiences with friends
you're welcome at my table

but if I see you, catch you slathering that which I make for you,
in how you say, the american ketchup,
let's just say that cook for you I will do no more.

aren't you from the land where they put remoulade on everything?

and not even the good french version with garlic & horseradish, yours is just mayo & pickles

sorry but nordic people don't get to look down their noses at anyone else's cuisine. you're basically the british, except the british knew their food sucked so they went and conquered a bunch of places with good cooking.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Klyith posted:

aren't you from the land where they put remoulade on everything?

and not even the good french version with garlic & horseradish, yours is just mayo & pickles

sorry but nordic people don't get to look down their noses at anyone else's cuisine. you're basically the british, except the british knew their food sucked so they went and conquered a bunch of places with good cooking.

hating on sandwich cake? :smugdog:

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
since the scope of the thread appears to be general sauces, do yourself a favor and grab a jar of poo poo stuff

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Now this is a "general sauces" megathread? What the hell happened Grey Cat

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Smugworth posted:

Now this is a "general sauces" megathread? What the hell happened Grey Cat

Control of her own thread got away from her

:sad:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

It's not general sauces, it's about catsups!!!!

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Catsup on popcorn :discourse:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My cat sups on food that allegedly prevents urinary crystals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That'd be wet food, otherwise you're just buying an expensive, dry lie.