Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

really queer Christmas posted:

Game owned but it's hard to recommend.

This just reads like the game sucks balls and you’re embarrassed that you like it lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think its because the game is a Major League Bummer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i did not sign my post

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dandywalken posted:

You've got the classic archtypes - Tank, DPS, Healer, Powerful Mom.

A powerful mom is all three of those

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Amazing thank you, no notes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

absolutely anything posted:

its cool that all the weird dark id discord ppl coming in here are posting like they survived some huge battle. yeah i was there. saw it all. ill never be the same. lol. guess there's a reason they fell for it

I'm A Survivor.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

jimmy and the pulsating mass had some issues and ended up being incredibly depressing but overall i think it was cool. the soundtrack was sick also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_m9DSv2l_I

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Blarghalt posted:

You snap their neck anyway for playing Chrono Cross
Thank you for prompting a repeat invasive memory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNEDa3Hqnic

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

better go LP it

Someone already did! The guy doing it was fun. He shook a baby.*

*not irl

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The Jimmy LP ended up having a guest appearance by the designer. Unless it was TDI, too.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i remember watching the Bob Beamon bit in the jon bois vid and being legit confused as to how many people in the comments had never heard of Bob Beamon

i also read a bunch of books like that as a kid so i had heard of him but the bit in the video is brilliant. jon bois is the greatest living sportswriter because he can find the real, actual, human story in a mess of sports stuff and make you truly care about the Minnesota loving Vikings for some reason

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

like the whole premise for that video is "you guys notice no one's named Bob anymore" and i still got emotional multiple times

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the pulsating mass is cancer

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

There's a rpgmaker game called Jimmy and the pulsating mass that actually had a mom class. She was immune to all illnesses because moms don't get sick. Game owned but it's hard to recommend.

I should finish it some day.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Al! posted:

Greetings, the pulsating mass

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Al! posted:

in the remaster, its gout

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Waiting on the sequel, Jimmy and the pulsating rear end

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Chrono Cross gave me 2 of the most delightful0 surprises in videogames, and they were both due to the characters.
The voodoo doll, and the end of the fight sequence when you fight the cute blue alien with the clear dome helmet.
Both of them gave me a "Oh what?! That's awesome! Mwaahahahaha!" reaction.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Illuyankas posted:

Waiting on the sequel, Jimmy and the lactating rear end

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

unpleasant

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
the jimmy guy had a kickstarter succeed recently, a collaboration with an artist i follow. looks cool

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Fallout TV show looks pretty good

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

MarcusSA posted:

(haven't watched) no it doesn't.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

the zyborne tv show

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I should have made it clear but I'm happy people are coming or returning to the forums and this and the previous thread to be bewildered and chat about this whole extremely strange, low - stakes yet long - running incident :kimchi:

I've spent more time here in the past few days than I have in years and more time outside of SAS than since maybe 2007 and it's been almost frighteningly refreshing

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
recent events have reminded me of all the weird liars I've met in my life. One was a kid who I was friends with in elementary school. Just constant weird lies after another and always with conviction. Things like how he was a vampire, how he accessed the Matrix by clicking around in RPGMaker 2000 and that the government discovered a jungle planet and an astronaut got lost on it.

Then my brother had a friend in high school who constantly lied as well. I just remember him saying he played Russian roulette with a paintball gun but like wtf that's not how paintball guns work.

My favorite was this weirdo I had on my AIM friend list who claimed he was in an unspecified Middle Eastern country. Claimed he was in the middle of a war and that poo poo was beyond hosed up. I told my brother and he was like "lol it's fake." I'd ask questions but then he'd routinely switch to an alter persona named Aqua who would shout obscenities at me in all caps. He would use fake Arabic phrases as well. He added me because he liked a sprite I made on a Pokemon site when I was 14.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

recent events have reminded me of all the weird liars I've met in my life. One was a kid who I was friends with in elementary school. Just constant weird lies after another and always with conviction. Things like how he was a vampire, how he accessed the Matrix by clicking around in RPGMaker 2000 and that the government discovered a jungle planet and an astronaut got lost on it.

he was right

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it was earth all along and we blew it up, we maniacs

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

I liked 17776. I didn't like chrono trigger and I doubt I would like chrono cross.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

B33rChiller posted:

Chrono Cross gave me 2 of the most delightful0 surprises in videogames, and they were both due to the characters.
The voodoo doll, and the end of the fight sequence when you fight the cute blue alien with the clear dome helmet.
Both of them gave me a "Oh what?! That's awesome! Mwaahahahaha!" reaction.

mojo and starky ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Flinger posted:

I liked 17776. I didn't like chrono trigger and I doubt I would like chrono cross.

(confused hank hill voice) didn't like chrono trigger???

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Plant MONSTER. posted:

My favorite was this weirdo I had on my AIM friend list who claimed he was in an unspecified Middle Eastern country. Claimed he was in the middle of a war and that poo poo was beyond hosed up. I told my brother and he was like "lol it's fake." I'd ask questions but then he'd routinely switch to an alter persona named Aqua who would shout obscenities at me in all caps. He would use fake Arabic phrases as well. He added me because he liked a sprite I made on a Pokemon site when I was 14.

lmao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Flinger posted:

I didn't like chrono trigger and I doubt I would like chrono cross.

wtf...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Then my brother had a friend in high school who constantly lied as well. I just remember him saying he played Russian roulette with a paintball gun but like wtf that's not how paintball guns work.

humans are loving stupid lol

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

chrono cross is good, bitch

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

apparently they do make paintball revolvers so you could give yourself brain damage with paintball russian roulette if you wanted to

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

lobster shirt posted:

apparently they do make paintball revolvers so you could give yourself brain damage with paintball russian roulette if you wanted to

give? preexisting conditions need not apply

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

He did not have a paint ball revolver. He did not play Russian roulette with a foreign exchange student from Sweden who was naked a lot that we never got to meet.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Plant MONSTER. posted:

He did not have a paint ball revolver. He did not play Russian roulette with a foreign exchange student from Sweden who was naked a lot that we never got to meet.

he did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Flinger posted:

I didn't like chrono trigger

For the love of god where are my IK buttons.