Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Exodee posted:

You need two bile titan kills, and you should get a popup once you get back to your ship congratulating you. (IIRC the major order also has the popup?)

I have never once gotten any sort of acknowledgement that I finished the daily mission, even in the first week before they broke. I'd just return to the ship and see more medals in my total, but no popup or congratulations or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Phenotype posted:

I have never once gotten any sort of acknowledgement that I finished the daily mission, even in the first week before they broke. I'd just return to the ship and see more medals in my total, but no popup or congratulations or anything.

The congratulations were sent to the Democracy Officer.

You're just a ambulatory munition.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
getting pubbies to come to bunker buttons is like pulling teeth

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

BitBasher posted:

Yeah, there's servers are kind of functional right now but still not working the way they want. We still don't have a real time updates on bullets and helldivers and all of that stuff reporting back either.

It's probably a good idea to think of everything as still in triage.

That said I am all the way on board for the Blitzer and Sickle. I also really want to know what the punisher plasma is, and can it close bug holes?

I hope the current warbond is indicative of future ones, in that it costs 1000 but you get back 300 inside the warbond itself

yeah i love the way they are doing it. its really nice for my more frugal friends that they are not pressured into forking over more cash to have fun with the game they bought.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

ChickenHeart posted:

Ultimately if they just give heavy armor some base immunity against stagger effects along with some resistance to knockdown/bile/fire/etc. I'll be happy to lug that fat armor everywhere.

I just want armor that makes you immune to being slowed when you run through bushes.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

explosivo posted:

Guess I'm blind or a big dumb baby (or both) but this isn't as clear as you are making it out to be. Also if the spotlights are blue then that explains why I was not able to see anything on the planet with a whiteish blueish surface until I died from it.
I find it relatively easy to see when I'm actively looking for it, but have a hard time doing so at a glance during a fight:
https://i.imgur.com/rXCZNGx.mp4
I don't have any footage on bright ground unfortunately, but you can see the light starts off very diffuse, before gradually becoming brighter and more distinct, and at the final second getting a bright blue flash (if you see that it's too late already)

Travic posted:

I have a good gaming group and we're working our way up through the difficulties. It's been a great time so far. I'm thinking of trying solo stuff too just for fun, but I've been having trouble. When solo do you go for a full (or mostly full) map clear? Or is it get, in grab a few samples and smaller objectives, and get out?
I'm usually going for more medals, so I typically take a direct path from objective to objective, only hitting POIs along the way. I will usually do the listed pre-mission map secondary if it's one of the easier ones, or if it's something like AA guns, mortar, stalker nest etc. in the way. Only thing I'll truly go out of the way to do is super samples if I'm on a difficulty high enough to have them spawn.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The update pace on this game is mostly making me upset at Fatshark and how they handled Darktide, dropped their game a month before they went on a 3 month vacation with a bunch of "coming soon!™" signs ingame on a lot of features and forgetting to turn "oops all dogs" mode off, then didn't really do a whole lot else besides a few maps and weapon variations until the big class overhaul a year after release making the game feel like it finished open beta.

December was the last major update on Darktide and they have yet to patch in anything besides bugfixes for the things that broke in the december patch.

Darktide is still really fun, but so much wasted potential and I wonder how release would of gone if they waited until after their vacation around the feb release dates that always seems to have something viral pop off these days as people are looking for the next big thing to waste time on during the winter lulls.
The "oops all dogs" thing will be forever funny to me because the way it was done meant that a patch that was supposed to drop 3 new mission modifiers ended up being -1 modifiers for like a whole month

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Insert name here posted:

The "oops all dogs" thing will be forever funny to me because the way it was done meant that a patch that was supposed to drop 3 new mission modifiers ended up being -1 modifiers for like a whole month

Don't forget the patch added 3 types of stims and one of them did literally the opposite of its description (made you attack slower instead of faster) for months.

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Can spear lock on to bot dropships? I was able to down one with it and even got credit for the kills and it was awesome, but next one I tried couldnt get the lock. Not sure if it's the lock being buggy/fiddly or if what happened was I actually locked on to a bot that the ship was carrying.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

thalweg posted:

Can spear lock on

no

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I wish all the dorks on discord harassing this game’s cool devs a very Up Right Down Down Right

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
walked backwards into a hole and lost an entire missions worth of samples minutes before extract

it's me, i'm the pubbie

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

walked backwards into a hole and lost an entire missions worth of samples minutes before extract

it's me, i'm the pubbie

I'm more scared of those holes than four Bile Titans. I've had too many close calls with double digits of rares

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

it's me, i'm the pubbie

the holes are really getting me when I'm running around while trying to type in a strategem not paying much attention to the terrain...every time I'm like ah well, I should have been looking for holes.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Phanatic posted:

I just want armor that makes you immune to being slowed when you run through bushes.

The strength booster apparently does this

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

it's me, i'm the pubbie

It’s a perfectly legal thrill to drop samples into the holes and oceans. Don’t let those dicks at Space Command tell you otherwise.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

thalweg posted:

Can spear lock on to bot dropships? I was able to down one with it and even got credit for the kills and it was awesome, but next one I tried couldnt get the lock. Not sure if it's the lock being buggy/fiddly or if what happened was I actually locked on to a bot that the ship was carrying.

Yes, but it'll try to go for the middle of the dropship instead of the engine pods, so it's mostly down to getting a lucky angle if you actually want to kill the dropship with it.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Owl Inspector posted:

I wish all the dorks on discord harassing this game’s cool devs a very Up Right Down Down Right

Reddit is trash but the devs are also openly trolling under official AHGS user accounts which is maybe not a good look. I don’t think the nerfs were that big of a deal but I can 100% see where people are coming from when they challenge “wait why are we balancing this game like it’s a PvP game or looter shooter?”

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

The strength booster apparently does this

It does I believe and people all bringing useful boosts really helps. A game with full ammo, strength, stamina and health is great!

I also don't know why level 10+ people don't bring a boost half the time. Come on people! Even the first boost you can buy is super useful!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

causticBeet posted:

Reddit is trash but the devs are also openly trolling under official AHGS user accounts which is maybe not a good look. I don’t think the nerfs were that big of a deal but I can 100% see where people are coming from when they challenge “wait why are we balancing this game like it’s a PvP game or looter shooter?”

I need everyone else to be bad at the game because they didn’t read the secrets on the internet that make me better than them. Otherwise, this game loving sucks.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

BitBasher posted:

It does I believe and people all bringing useful boosts really helps. A game with full ammo, strength, stamina and health is great!

I also don't know why level 10+ people don't bring a boost half the time. Come on people! Even the first boost you can buy is super useful!
To be fair calling them "Boosters" was absolutely the wrong choice; it makes it sound like they're one-time use only.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

jokes posted:

My main takeaway from the meta campaign is that the Europeans just need to hold the line until Americans can get back to it. The Europeans rarely do this.

I mean, Jeeze, how many times have the Europeans been pushed back by the invaders and need the Americans to come and bail them out? This poo poo again?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

causticBeet posted:

What exactly was being said by the devs because even the CEO wrote an apology.

Anyone that wasn't expecting railgun nerfs is kinda a little crazy, I think people were just expecting more buffs to the lower performing weapons or more ways to deal with 8 chargers making you do a little dance, plus everyone being even squishier after the armor fix.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Anyone that wasn't expecting railgun nerfs is kinda a little crazy, I think people were just expecting more buffs to the lower performing weapons or more ways to deal with 8 chargers making you do a little dance, plus everyone being even squishier after the armor fix.

I will say, being level 4-5 and having multiple chargers just loving sucks.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

one guy said that some of the nerfs were to discourage 'braindead gameplay'.

and reddit took that personally

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

most people rejected His message

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

There was a dev on reddit getting combative about people criticizing the patch and then saying stuff like "Actually I'm deliberately antagonizing you guys for my own entertainment"

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

the same dev also said that they nerfed the railgun in order to better assess the performance of all of the anti armor weapons on equal footing in order to figure out how to better buff them going forward but lmao if you think they can read

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Honestly I think the armour fix has had a bigger affect on the game compared to the railgun nerf

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Where's the lie :v:

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

I agree with the sentiment.

With the Rambo Meta you could just full sprint through every bug helldive occassionally taking 5 seconds to running hipfire railgun a charger. I played like 20 of them doing that while watching movies before I got bored and started killing things for fun. Got a lot of complaints and shaming from the rambos for staying to kill a titan at an objectice after they sprinted to a terminal and were 200m toward the next objective.

Now you need to actually worry about the bugs and herd them or attack them to get near some things. You'll get curbstomped if you try to sprint through 200 bugs.

So of course people on social media are saying bugs are broken and unplayable. The salt is from the fact the majority of players gravitated to bugs because they were easier and now they are a threat.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Devs in the discord got pretty angry at being harassed by idiots and lashed out which is not a wise move from a PR standpoint since even ITT where people were not being insane there are still a lot of people not happy with the balance patch and overall message. being told "git gud" is nearly always irritating

That and the "you should rely on stratagems at high difficulty" which is weird to say when most high difficulty missions come with modifiers that drastically increase cooldown time, call in time, reduce a stratagem slot, or otherwise make them less useful. It's just not good PR to stoke the fires, even justifiably so, when the internet is getting mad at you.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

BitBasher posted:

Boosts are expensive and they probably wanted more hugs, high fives, and guns first. At least that is my theory for people with sluggers but begging me to bring the ammo booster that one time.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

based devs

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

More developers should go "sorry guys but we can't patch skill into the game"

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

New Laser Cannon is really good now, in my experience. It's not great against Chargers, but they still eventually melt if you shoot the butt or joints after they miss a charge. It absolutely shreds turret and tank weakpoints and can kill Hulks by pointing it into their eye. Since it's actually decent at killing things now, you can Jump Pack to spots bugs have a hard time with and actually make an impact with its whole infinite ammo gimmick. You probably want the shield bubble otherwise, though. Also pairs nice with an ammo-hungry primary like the Scorcher. I haven't done 8 or 9 with it yet but have been having a good time blasting away in 7s :hellyeah:

It probably helps tien kwan is a snow planet

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 7, 2024

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Finding it hard to give a single poo poo about devs/community managers getting fed up with the way they're getting vitriol hurled at them 24/7. Hope they're able to detach from all of it and not get hung up on what the assholes over at reddit think.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

also that melicor guy is just the discord mod not an actual dev so he is predictably being a discord mod and acting like a total moron fanning the flames and not helping anything so lmao.

also gently caress all of you for making me wade into reddit of my own volition this is your fault not mine

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
The redditors harassing the devs remind me of all the people who have been addicted to WoW for 20 years but scream that they're quitting every time there's a patch that mildly inconveniences them.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Is the game crashing 4 times more than before for other people too? Because after the patch helldivers has been borderling unacceptable in terms of bugs/crashes

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

The redditors harassing the devs remind me of all the people who have been addicted to WoW for 20 years but scream that they're quitting every time there's a patch that mildly inconveniences them.

dipshit gamers like this aren't just on reddit either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
“I keep being overrun with chargers, do something devs”

“Stop running and aggroing every patrol and use anti-tank.”

“No”