Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Valiantman is obviously full of it with these wild claims of being a father and husband. Anyway, I've been out of the loop as I've spent the last week killing dozens of neo-nazi mercenaries in the jungles of Central Africa, together with the rest of my ethically sourced PMC, but I'm caught up now and I have to say this whole saga is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Valiantman posted:

I do! Why, only yesterday, on my kid's 14th birthday, I told my wife how time flies. It's already been a year since their previous 14th birthday.

Your kid was great in 10 Things I Hate About You.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Valiantman posted:

What was that about my 2nd favourite LPer? :ohdear:

L m a o

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
There’s no way any of that was supposed to be taken seriously right? Like, no one actually believed a guy that took pictures of video games and posted them on the internet was also a black ops mercenary, right? This is an elaborate performance art piece. It just has to be.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I saw slowbeefs tweet about thirty seconds after I read that TDI was dying for the first time and got fuckin whiplash from how quick I went from "Man that's a bummer." to in tears laughing. I had no idea about his secret life as an Expendable.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

UwUnabomber posted:

I saw slowbeefs tweet about thirty seconds after I read that TDI was dying for the first time and got fuckin whiplash from how quick I went from "Man that's a bummer." to in tears laughing. I had no idea about his secret life as an ExpendableLarisa Oleynik's dad.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yeah... I fully admit to being a loving moron and being on TDI's side initially. I wasn't aware of the other times this happened, as far as I knew this was the first. Then the dude ended up nuking a discord he was in charge of when the people in it went from wailing and rending their garments over his alleged demise to going "hold up, something ain't right here" and that's all she wrote.
I am, in fact, a colossal dumbass and I deserve every bit of mockery for it. I am sorry for doubting Slowbeef. I got played, and I have no defense for myself.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

He pushed back hard enough against the story in other places that people started thinking he was an alt of the guy because how else could you possibly be so dense

But uh turns out he was that dense

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
In any other situation I would light-heartedly point out that I do, in fact, have brain damage and lay the blame on that but no. I wanted to trust someone that I shouldn't have. I am a dumb motherfucker.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

if you were not aware of the dark id expanded universe in which he was a globe-trotting assassin married to black widow from the avengers and thought he was just a regular guy with a dead daughter and cancer then it's excusable to have given him the benefit of the doubt

if you were aware then uh, i dunno what to tell you, try to exercise better judgment in future because literally no one's life is like that

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

if you were not aware of the dark id expanded universe in which he was a globe-trotting assassin married to black widow from the avengers and thought he was just a regular guy with a dead daughter and cancer then it's excusable to have given him the benefit of the doubt

if you were aware then uh, i dunno what to tell you, try to exercise better judgment in future because literally no one's life is like that

Except me. Everyone knows my life is just that cool.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think this may have been pointed out by someone or -two already but what boggles my little mind is how anyone thought Woke Jack Bauer would have the time to do "LPs" and post/chat on Discord all the time.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I dunno, it's well known that he gets a lot done in 24 hours.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Honestly when I first heard the wilder allegations against TDI I was curious if he was doing a bit like in some of his more out-there LPs, but the more you read/learn, the faster you realise that no, this is a preposterous house of cards coming down.

Slowbeef's 15 minute audio recording is clearly very cathartic for him.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Did he scam people out of money or something? Otherwise who cares about lying on the internet.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well he has a patreon that seems to still be making $150/mo, although that might be lower than before this revelation.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Tesseraction posted:

Well he has a patreon that seems to still be making $150/mo, although that might be lower than before this revelation.

i think it was making around 250 very shortly after the slowbeef tape dropped, when maybe not very many had unsubscribed yet. so probably not a huge amount

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Did he scam people out of money or something? Otherwise who cares about lying on the internet.

It’s funny.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Where is this Slowbeef tape? I can't seem to find it despite everyone referencing it

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

In any other situation I would light-heartedly point out that I do, in fact, have brain damage and lay the blame on that but no. I wanted to trust someone that I shouldn't have. I am a dumb motherfucker.

The James Somerton defense

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The Dork Id, heh

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The Door Frame posted:

Where is this Slowbeef tape? I can't seem to find it despite everyone referencing it

Paladinus posted:

Start here

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Wait, so neither James Somerton or the Dark Id are dead? What a waste of a day.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Wait, so neither James Somerton or the Dark Id are dead? What a waste of a day.

Go kill them yourself if it's such a big deal

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think what they're saying is that their efforts were to no avail.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Keep snapping old man, you'll get it sooner or later

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Carthag Tuek posted:

i think it was making around 250 very shortly after the slowbeef tape dropped, when maybe not very many had unsubscribed yet. so probably not a huge amount

Yeah if memory serves the Patreon was at around $500 a month then dropped to $250 within a day of Slowbeef voicing his concerns. I guess TDI shuttering the discord knocked another $100/month off.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Ahhhh, I didn't know that discord did that and there was no thumbnail, I assumed it was a broken link and skipped it

Less than 2 minutes in and "Seen so much combat I forgot my name" is such a thing to say to the most banal question imaginable. How did anyone think he was serious? Everyone catches a slightly bigger fish when they tell the story to strangers, but starting a conversation as Colonel Kurtz is completely deranged

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

rotor posted:

the funniest thing that ever happened at the ad co that I was aware of - other than the guy who quit in a huff because HR told him he couldn't bring his poorly trained dog to work any more after it poo poo on the rug and bit two people - was when we were doing a new ad campaign for a very large company and we sent off a demo of the new ad unit with lorem ipsum because we hadnt gotten the copy from them yet and whateveer agency they were using got back to us with "we love the new unit, but we'd like to see a version that isnt in spanish"

Hand to god. Saw the email myself.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I literally cannot imagine how I'd feel if I'd just found out my ma had cancer and then some internet guy I vaguely know says they're "riddled with cancer" which then turns out to be false. I'd certainly be a lot less charitable than slowbeef was.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

i wouldnt really describe dbz as hyper masculine tbh. like theres a lot of muscle and explosions and punching sure but a lot of the lessons and morals it focuses on arent really like, western action movie style stuff. like gohans big power up moment is crying because of how much he and a dead robot both loved birds.

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave
Somehow I managed to just completely miss the existence of Dragonball in my youth. But that comment is making me wonder whether I should give it a try. Does it hold up?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

ChthonicMasturbatr posted:

Somehow I managed to just completely miss the existence of Dragonball in my youth. But that comment is making me wonder whether I should give it a try. Does it hold up?

no

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ChthonicMasturbatr posted:

Not only does it not hold up very well if you aren't a tweenage boy, it is nearly 300 episodes long and infamous for being glacially paced

e: I was thinking of Z, but the same is mostly true of the original non-Z series too

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

The early manga does hold up alright. I fear trying to go back to the anime

E: I think that half of the success of the anime was the episode release scheduling letting people microdose the good parts of the show without being too frustrated by padding

The Door Frame has a new favorite as of 23:09 on Mar 8, 2024

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

cock hero flux posted:

He was actually that dog from the "on the internet nobody knows you're a dog" meme. His lies were very good considering his only connections to the human world were the internet and the dog park.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

They released a version of Dragonball Z without the filler called Dragonball Kai. It is 1/5 the overall runtime and generally a lot more tolerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

or just watch the Abridged version on youtube