Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Y'know a real motherfucker about Dark ID lying about having cancer and dying is that real actual forums goon and Saint's Row superhero modder-turned-hired-employee Idolninja actually died of cancer and I had the privilege of talking to him shortly before he passed and all he wanted to know was how I was doing and what I was up to. An actual genuine lovely human being taken away from life too quickly, a story that is repeated far too often with friends and family and that pretty much everyone here can relate to at some point

Why, why, why would you ever want that particular turn of events to be your fantasy? What other word is there for it than fantasy? This is what you want people to believe and think is happening to you? gently caress man it's just so sad and bleak

gently caress that guy so much, no matter how funny it is that parachutitis McTurboDeath is the final evolution of the Clout Goon and that it keeps happening it's just fuckin' lame

E: A sad snype :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The biggest thing is no one can really call you out unless they got some serious proof otherwise they look like the world's biggest rear end in a top hat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

The biggest thing is no one can really call you out unless they got some serious proof otherwise they look like the world's biggest rear end in a top hat.

This is the absolute worse place to try to hide your tracks though and fake something. People here are very resourceful, and Jeffrey, unlike the last site owner, knows what he is doing and has gone above and beyond in protecting the site and users from scams.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i mean from what i understand, boba only got caught because she was sloppy with her VPN.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

i mean from what i understand, boba only got caught because she was sloppy with her VPN.

I think that is what tipped Jeffrey off, but then he dug deeper into purchasing history and was able to get records, but only on the grounds of a threat to harm someone was being made, and that confirmed it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Warner Brothers is shutting down Rooster Teeth

Still can't believe they did NINETEEN SEASONS of comedy voiceovers of master chiefs bobbing their heads at each other

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Would have sworn they died 10 years ago.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why the poo poo did WB own them to begin with?

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

stev posted:

:capitalism:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

stev posted:

Rooster Teeth got bought by Fullscreen, who got bought by Otter Media, who got bought by AT&T, who got bought by WB, who got bought by Discovery

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

goatface posted:

Would have sworn they died 10 years ago.

Wow someone's never heard of the very famous anime RWBY

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Or gen:Lock, which unlike other mecha series, is about the characters

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I’ve only ever seen RWBY mentioned as a butt of a joke.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Rinkles posted:

I’ve only ever seen RWBY mentioned as a butt of a joke.

Well yeah, they're all about comedy over there, didn't you hear about Red vs Blue

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Or gen:Lock, which unlike other mecha series, is about the characters

i gave the first episode a shot when it was on crunchyroll and ditched after that but it apparently went very, very badly off the rails

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I watched it when it aired on Toonami, and I say this knowing full well that Toonami did four-rear end FLCL sequels: It was the most embarrassing thing Adult Swim Toonami has ever run

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

Warner Brothers is shutting down Rooster Teeth

Still can't believe they did NINETEEN SEASONS of comedy voiceovers of master chiefs bobbing their heads at each other
didnt it stop being a comedy in like season 5

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

homeless snail posted:

didnt it stop being a comedy in like season 5

What

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It was still a comedy, it just started to have its own ongoing plot and world.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I only remember rooster teeth for a few things, mainly the bad RWBY show, one of their employees being depressed and becoming an alcoholic over his divorce and airing it out a lot, them making GBS threads on Jeff Gerstmann for daring to say Fallout 4 sucked while they all wore Fallout merch, and that unfunny Michael gently caress screaming at games.

I can’t believe the shambling corpse of Giant Bomb outlived Rooster Teeth and Mega64 is still doing stuff.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

One of the main voice actresses on RWBY found out she was basically losing her job from a Variety tweet about it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

Mega64 is still doing stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4pekUgWAME

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rocco’s obsession with weirdo technology is the best lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I was never sure what RBRW was besides an anime, and the wikipedia article didn't seem to go into why it was funny to make fun of or panned.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

an AMERICAN anime

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*americanime

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Khanstant posted:

I was never sure what RBRW was besides an anime, and the wikipedia article didn't seem to go into why it was funny to make fun of or panned.

It was a western made series actually (though Japan did put out their own version a year or so ago that from what I hear is worse than the original)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Anime seems to be more of a state of mind and aesthetic more than referring to animation exclusively from Japan. Plenty of "American" cartoons were wholly animated by non-American studios. Frosty the Snowman isn't considered an anime but was animated by Mushi Productions in Japan.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Khanstant posted:

Anime seems to be more of a state of mind and aesthetic more than referring to animation exclusively from Japan. Plenty of "American" cartoons were wholly animated by non-American studios. Frosty the Snowman isn't considered an anime but was animated by Mushi Productions in Japan.

That's basically the Japanese definition of the word actually (it's just shorthand for "animation" and they use it to describe all cartoons regardless of their source, it's only in the west that we make a distinction between the two)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 7, 2024

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

claw game handjob posted:

Well yeah, they're all about comedy over there, didn't you hear about Red vs Blue

I assumed RWBY was a sequel to red vs blue?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Khanstant posted:

it's an anime series created by the now-deceased monty oum, who you will almost assuredly remember from your teenage years as the guy behind the fighting fantasy videos, and was successful due to a combination of it being an enjoyable enough shonen series and it hitting the web when day-to-day internet use at a broad scale was becoming the norm. i think it's very much an of-its-time anomaly: the animation in the first few seasons is kinda dreadful due to monty only being comfortable with using outdated versions of maya that the rest of the team was forced to use (which i think didn't even have IK), and a female-led shonen series isn't quite the novelty it once was back in 2013

most of the complaints i see about it nowadays are that it has terrible writers who don't have a clue how to use their characters effectively or progress the plot in a coherent way, but that's more par for the course in a series that's gone this long and whose main creative driving force has long since passed on

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

DalaranJ posted:

I assumed RWBY was a sequel to red vs blue?

Never learn otherwise, because your worldview on this situation is so much more pleasant.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i've chosen to restrict my RWBY knowledge to "i like ruby and weiss's base designs a lot" and i'm happy leaving it at that

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Khanstant posted:

It had absolutely loving awful animation, just the utter garbage tier trash animation, except that it has choreography from Monty Oum who was extremely good at that. Then Monty Oum tragically died young and the one remotely redeeming feature about it died with him.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Man I actually did not know Monty Oum died

I have only recently(ish) started doing animation but I remember him and Xiao Xiao being incredible for the time

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Songbearer posted:

I have only recently(ish) started doing animation but I remember him and Xiao Xiao being incredible for the time

fighting fantasy's obviously a very corny premise in the cold light of 2024, but doing all he did with the tools of the era is some genuine harryhausen poo poo

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Khanstant posted:

its one of those series that can sound okay in a Wikipedia article because it glosses over how incompetent almost every part of the writing and pacing was. it is genuinely stunning how poorly used and paced pretty much all of its runtime is. Add on to that the animation was pretty dire outside of some of the fight scenes and its incredibly easy to mock/pan.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Songbearer posted:

Ohhh that's that guy! Wow, never realized. I saw one of those when I was like 11 or 12 and started my own little stick figure animation fight scene. I showed my dad and he told me to email it to him so I did. Never heard back or know if I even mailed it to the right place, plus I had a bunch of different emails through a combo of forgetting password or email website or just wanting a new name.

Kinda curious to glance through the show now just to see him puppeting the janky models.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/Wario64/status/1765878767287730379?s=20

Oh hell yeah I might not be getting DD2 for a bit but I will make some fools

e-
https://x.com/Wario64/status/1765890704033591547?s=20

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
and they're doing a bunch of streamers as official pawns. I literally did not believe it when someone told me that Snuffy is an official pawn in DD2 lol
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1765880914247114991

I recognize max, snuffy, and limealicious, good for them